All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:58 pm Old Salt:

>>. I provided a link to the aircraft accident report for the first Navy fighter pilot trainee who was a DEI fatality.
The "boys" at Tailhook '91 warned what was coming.
Read the first CMR report. 6 pages. pdf => https://www.google.com/search?q=kara+hu ... e&ie=UTF-8 <<

I guess he’s the only guy allowed to blame DEI or the fact that a pilot is a woman as the reason for a fighter jet fatality….when he made that joke, he didn’t realize a male Ukrainian pilot was going to die in a crash a few days after blaming DEI on the fatality…..unless it wasn’t really a male….

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:58 pm Old Salt:

>>. I provided a link to the aircraft accident report for the first Navy fighter pilot trainee who was a DEI fatality.
The "boys" at Tailhook '91 warned what was coming.
Read the first CMR report. 6 pages. pdf => https://www.google.com/search?q=kara+hu ... e&ie=UTF-8 <<

I guess he’s the only guy allowed to blame DEI or the fact that a pilot is a woman as the reason for a fighter jet fatality….when he made that joke, he didn’t realize a male Ukrainian pilot was going to die in a crash a few days after blaming DEI on the fatality…..unless it wasn’t really a male….

Yeah? Looks like the DEI you said she was……
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

From three years ago.....

a fan wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:29 pm We've discussed these things for years.....I'm sick of letting the other teams outsmart us. If Putin wants to hemorrhage money by blowing it on (snicker) pointless submarines and delusions of grandeur by invading Ukraine? Let him. Put up a fake outraged face for the public, stop trading with them, and laugh as Putin's merchant class bleeds out financially.

Same for China. Let them snuff out the most entrepreneurial part of their nation...and give their best and brightest no hope or freedom. Then put up a fake outraged face for the public, eject their students, and stop trading with them. Let them blunt the tip of their economic spear.

Moneyball.....don't stand in the way of the other team when they want to make mistakes.
Headline: Ukraine targets Moscow in biggest drone attack yet

....how does a distiller understand this stuff better than career military wonks? The answer is: they're partisans, so that makes them idiots. It's INSANE that these policy makers let little D's and R's get in the way of thinking clearly.

So what did we get? We got 8 years of "Putin is smarter than Obama and the Euroburgers" from these wonks.

Yeah, no, sorry. Putin is SO f'ed. Good luck with the drones hitting Moscow until you wise up and leave Ukraine.

"Chessmaster", my &ss.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ru ... 024-09-09/
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:17 am From three years ago.....

a fan wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:29 pm We've discussed these things for years.....I'm sick of letting the other teams outsmart us. If Putin wants to hemorrhage money by blowing it on (snicker) pointless submarines and delusions of grandeur by invading Ukraine? Let him. Put up a fake outraged face for the public, stop trading with them, and laugh as Putin's merchant class bleeds out financially.

Same for China. Let them snuff out the most entrepreneurial part of their nation...and give their best and brightest no hope or freedom. Then put up a fake outraged face for the public, eject their students, and stop trading with them. Let them blunt the tip of their economic spear.

Moneyball.....don't stand in the way of the other team when they want to make mistakes.

....how does a distiller understand this stuff better than career military wonks? The answer is: they're partisans, so that makes them idiots. It's INSANE that these policy makers let little D's and R's get in the way of thinking clearly.

So what did we get? We got 8 years of "Putin is smarter than Obama and the Euroburgers" from these wonks.

Yeah, no, sorry. Putin is SO f'ed. Good luck with the drones hitting Moscow until you wise up and leave Ukraine.

"Chessmaster", my &ss.

Putin is all in on Trump and the MAGA. It will turn the tide.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:36 am

"Chessmaster", my &ss.

Putin is his last cash register. It's as simple as that.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 12:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:36 am

"Chessmaster", my &ss.

Putin is his last cash register. It's as simple as that.
When you take a step back and look at it, there is no other explanation given the history of those two men.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Wonder where Ukraine got the drones
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:54 pm Wonder where Ukraine got the drones
Believe they made them internally, they have demonstrated that they can be very resourceful with this novel new technology. Aerial and seaborne

They have also recently developed dragon drones which spew burning thermite on enemy positions from above - pretty nasty

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/07/europe/u ... index.html
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:17 am

"Chessmaster", my &ss.

Don't spike the ball until you're in the end zone. Wooden drones vs Tac Nucs. Place your bets, Mr Moneyball genius.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:34 pm

"Chessmaster", my &ss.

Don't spike the ball until you're in the end zone. Wooden drones vs Tac Nucs. Place your bets, Mr Moneyball genius.
You are hoping they use those tac nucs.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:24 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:23 pm
That financial burden can't & won't be sustained indefinitely.
How about 20 years and $2.2T?
Are you anxious to do it again ? How many Ukrainian or Russian terrorists attacked us on 9-11 ?

Let's pay to defend & rebuild Ukraine so they can become EUroburghers & screw us on trade, while we continue to defend them.
How it started……. How it’s going….

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:56 pm

"Chessmaster", my &ss.

You are hoping they use those tac nucs.
I'm hoping they don't. Biden's afraid that they will, otherwise, he'd unleash the Ukrainians to use the long range ATACMS to strike airfields inside Russia.
a fan

Post by a fan »

"Chessmaster", my &ss.

I already placed my bets YEARS ago. I won. You lost. And because for reasons I don't understand, you can't handle being wrong...about ANYTHING.

Putin lost before the first shot...tried to tell you, but that little R got in your logic. And you can't think long term: how do you hold this MASSIVE land mass for decades? And what did you gain from the invasion? (Nothing, outside of a near collapse of the Russian economy, and a loss of EU trading partners, replacing them with China, who are taking Putin to the cleaners).

Russia is economically F'ed for at least another generation, and likely more. All for....what gains, exactly?

When it came to the US Navy during Carter (D) , you had no trouble whatsoever understanding that a war machine needs a whole lot of money. Yet you thought that money rule didn't apply to Putin because you were too busy trying to tell us Obama was doing it wrong, and wanted to prove that Putin was outsmarting Obama and the "Euroburgers" you despise.

You let your political animosity ruin your ability to call balls and strikes. And because Trump isn't in office, you're here bragging about nukes.... advising that Putin use nuclear weapons on land that he intends to have Russian citizens live on. And how many times have I told you that Russia is a kleptocracy....money that's SUPPOSED to go to various military assets go to Putin's goons. The odds that Russia's nukes are in reliable working order aren't high.

You can't just agree that Putin is a moron, and walk away. I don't get it.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:41 am

"Chessmaster", my &ss.

I already placed my bets YEARS ago. I won. You lost. And because for reasons I don't understand, you can't handle being wrong...about ANYTHING.

Putin lost before the first shot...tried to tell you, but that little R got in your logic. And you can't think long term: how do you hold this MASSIVE land mass for decades? And what did you gain from the invasion? (Nothing, outside of a near collapse of the Russian economy, and a loss of EU trading partners, replacing them with China, who are taking Putin to the cleaners).

Russia is economically F'ed for at least another generation, and likely more. All for....what gains, exactly?

When it came to the US Navy during Carter (D) , you had no trouble whatsoever understanding that a war machine needs a whole lot of money. Yet you thought that money rule didn't apply to Putin because you were too busy trying to tell us Obama was doing it wrong, and wanted to prove that Putin was outsmarting Obama and the "Euroburgers" you despise.

You let your political animosity ruin your ability to call balls and strikes. And because Trump isn't in office, you're here bragging about nukes.... advising that Putin use nuclear weapons on land that he intends to have Russian citizens live on. And how many times have I told you that Russia is a kleptocracy....money that's SUPPOSED to go to various military assets go to Putin's goons. The odds that Russia's nukes are in reliable working order aren't high.

He sees himself as Jack Ryan and Putin as Marko Ramius.
“I wish you would!”
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Putin has stored multiple billions offshore in addition to overseeing the distributions among his capos
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:41 am

"Chessmaster", my &ss.

Putin is hardly a moron. He is a dangerous sociopath. As I've said before, nuc weapons make him the most dangerous human since Hitler.

You can't say he has lost until he is no longer in power. False bravado from fools like you who minimize the danger he represents only serve to drive us closer to nuclear war,
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:59 pm False bravado from fools like you who minimize the danger he represents only serve to drive us closer to nuclear war,
Alright. You had more than enough chances to be cordial. Clear that you're too much of blowhard toddler to handle that.....so here we are, where YOU want the discussion to go, because you can't handle it when you're wrong. Fine.

Tell us more about how Putin's recruiting old men as cannon fodder has "won" this pointless war.

You're the one who thinks it's smart to arm countries to provoke pointless wars is smart...and now that Trump and Biden did as you advised...and we followed your "arm some guy" theory of foreign policy...you're on here trying to tell the Forum that this isn't what you advocated.

Nope: you cheered and BRAGGED that Trump armed Putin, provoking him to act before it was the "porcupine" that you're so sure is a swell idea.

How's this path of yours working out, OS? How much money have we blown? How many dead? All because you have learned NOTHING from this idiotic practice of listening to Generals who have bigger egos than you have, and are certain that "arming some guy will work out swell this time".

So they do what you military wonks advise....and you're on here shocked, shocked that "arming some guy" didn't work.

And best of all.....your ego is so bruised that you're on here blaming me for the avenue that YOU said was a swell idea, in Arming and training Ukranians, provoking Putin to invade before he can't invade.

I was right. You were wrong. And no amount of dancing or citations from National Review will change that.

And yes, Putin is every bit as bad at foreign policy as you are. Makes sense that you like him.
Last edited by a fan on Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:59 pm False bravado from fools like you who minimize the danger he represents only serve to drive us closer to nuclear war,
Tell us more about how you think it's smart to nuke land that you intend to have your own people live and farm on.

Where'd you get that strategy? Out of a cereal box? :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:44 pm
Alright. You had more than enough chances to be cordial. Clear that you're too much of blowhard toddler to handle that.....so here we are, where YOU want the discussion to go, because you can't handle it when you're wrong. Fine.

Tell us more about how Putin's recruiting old men as cannon fodder has "won" this pointless war.

You're the one who thinks it's smart to arm countries to provoke pointless wars is smart...and now that Trump and Biden did as you advised...and we followed your "arm some guy" theory of foreign policy...you're on here trying to tell the Forum that this isn't what you advocated.

Nope: you cheered and BRAGGED that Trump armed Putin, provoking him to act before it was the "porcupine" that you're so sure is a swell idea.

How's this path of yours working out, OS? How much money have we blown? How many dead? All because you have learned NOTHING from this idiotic practice of listening to Generals who have bigger egos than you have, and are certain that "arming some guy will work out swell this time".

So they do what you military wonks advise....and you're on here shocked, shocked that "arming some guy" didn't work.

And best of all.....your ego is so bruised that you're on here blaming me for the avenue that YOU said was a swell idea, in Arming and training Ukranians, provoking Putin to invade before he can't invade.

I was right. You were wrong. And no amount of dancing or citations from National Review will change that.

And yes, Putin is every bit as bad at foreign policy as you are. Makes sense that you like him.
Funny you should mention this….a friend told me this story just this morning…..one of my HS teammates…. he worked at a huge AFB in systems and networking. His boss’ boss was a two star General. The were responsible for various projects….well the 2 star was getting reamed out by some 3 and 4 stars about nothing getting done….. his boss didn’t say anything….well my buddy raised his hand and explained that his boss’s boss had in fact directed them to complete some projects which they had and he just wanted to set the record straight…… after the meeting his boss said “Eric, sometimes you have to just keep your mouth shut in meetings like this”….Eric said “Sir, I am a team player and if I feel one of my teammates is taking unfair criticism, I am going to defend him. I would have done the same for you sir as I am a team player…”. He said it was all about the big egos in that room. Funny you should mention that today.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Old Salt’s guy!! Hadn’t seen him since he was laughing with Trump!
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”