Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:29 am
one of my favorite Buffalo Bills player was some guy named OJ Simpson. You ever heard of him? I think he was accused of murdering his ex wife and a friend a few years back.

I was a fan of one of OJ's teammates ~ Jim Dunaway. He was also accused of croaking his wife but the local sheriff refused to charge him with the crime. Turns out his own children sued him in civil court for the money that would have gone to her estate:

https://www.sportscasting.com/the-myste ... im-500000/

Strange how this bizarre case never got the same media attention OJ got.
Going to have to deal with Jim Brown one day...
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:40 am

I read one of his bios a while ago. He made a great tribute to Oren Lyons for his role in helping him while on the team.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:24 am Tough to “resign” and leave $60M+ on the table.

Again, the reactionary, fake, NFL knew about this for years. These emails have been floating around for a whole decade. And they were sent to owners and nfl execs. But they didn’t act until the NYT reported about it.

They don’t care about concussions and player safety. They dont care about BLM. They dont care about veterans. They don’t care about breast cancer. They don’t care about racist emails.

It’s all bs. They only care about perception. And this proves it. Once again.

PS- Lamar Jackson puts himself into the MVP lead with 500+ yards of individual offense in an OT win over the Colts.

You're surprised that a bunch of rich old white dudes who run the league and the teams don't actually care about the players and the players' causes?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

one of my favorite Buffalo Bills player was some guy named OJ Simpson. You ever heard of him? I think he was accused of murdering his ex wife and a friend a few years back.

I was a fan of one of OJ's teammates ~ Jim Dunaway. He was also accused of croaking his wife but the local sheriff refused to charge him with the crime. Turns out his own children sued him in civil court for the money that would have gone to her estate:

No debate on my part. Jim Brown was hands down the best running back football has ever known. He was pure power ground and pound run your ass over like a bulldozer. OJ, Sayers and a plethora of other running backs were speed and finesse runners. The ground and pound guys don't last that long in the NFL anymore. The game is dominated by big and mean defensive guys who are just stronger and more physical than players of 20/30 years ago.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:25 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:24 am Tough to “resign” and leave $60M+ on the table.

Again, the reactionary, fake, NFL knew about this for years. These emails have been floating around for a whole decade. And they were sent to owners and nfl execs. But they didn’t act until the NYT reported about it.

They don’t care about concussions and player safety. They dont care about BLM. They dont care about veterans. They don’t care about breast cancer. They don’t care about racist emails.

PS- Lamar Jackson puts himself into the MVP lead with 500+ yards of individual offense in an OT win over the Colts.

You're surprised that a bunch of rich old white dudes who run the league and the teams don't actually care about the players and the players' causes?
FTR, Terry Pegula owns the Buffalo Bills. His wife Kim Pegula runs the Buffalo Bills. They are her team lock, stock and barrel. She is a woman born in South Korea. You may need to rethink and adjust your inbred racist stereotype.https://www.nfl.com/news/next-woman-up- ... falo-bills
Bob Ross:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

No, I'm saying they don't care about the causes they SAY they care about.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:40 pm

FTR, Terry Pegula owns the Buffalo Bills. His wife Kim Pegula runs the Buffalo Bills. They are her team lock, stock and barrel. She is a woman born in South Korea. You may need to rethink and adjust your inbred racist stereotype.https://www.nfl.com/news/next-woman-up- ... falo-bills
He also owns a bunch of consumer subprime loan receivables he folded into Buffalo based BDC Rand Capital (I tried buying RAND a few years back with the stake owned by a family office Newt gingrich is involved with, it's a mess).
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:51 pm

No, I'm saying they don't care about the causes they SAY they care about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvHYWD29ZNY
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Love the chutzpah.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:17 pm
Love the chutzpah.
He’s pretty funny.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:36 pm

No debate on my part. Jim Brown was hands down the best running back football has ever known. He was pure power ground and pound run your ass over like a bulldozer. OJ, Sayers and a plethora of other running backs were speed and finesse runners. The ground and pound guys don't last that long in the NFL anymore. The game is dominated by big and mean defensive guys who are just stronger and more physical than players of 20/30 years ago.
It is debatable C&S...IMHO, Earl Campbell is the man.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Will take this exceedingly rare opportunity to agree with Tech37...and the linemen/linebackers were getting much bigger and faster in Earl's time. No diss of Jim Brown, but Earl was something very special too.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Sweetness! And a actual good guy.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:46 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:36 pm

It is debatable C&S...IMHO, Earl Campbell is the man.
Earl Campbell was a beast in his day. I can't quite put him on the same level as Jim Brown but they are very close.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:50 pm Will take this exceedingly rare opportunity to agree with Tech37...and the linemen/linebackers were getting much bigger and faster in Earl's time. No diss of Jim Brown, but Earl was something very special too.

I guess it is fair to say Jim Brown was a legend in his day. Very few of us, myself included, actually saw him play. Earl was that same type of back with more pure speed. He could run over or run around you. Earl Campbell certainly does not get the props that Jim Brown does.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:50 pm Will take this exceedingly rare opportunity to agree with Tech37...and the linemen/linebackers were getting much bigger and faster in Earl's time. No diss of Jim Brown, but Earl was something very special too.

I guess it is fair to say Jim Brown was a legend in his day. Very few of us, myself included, actually saw him play. Earl was that same type of back with more pure speed. He could run over or run around you. Earl Campbell certainly does not get the props that Jim Brown does.
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

See?... I'm not racist.

I could have chosen John Riggins but easily chose Earl since football is a meritocracy ;)
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Loved Riggins but he was about HALF as fast as Campbell...no?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

But he had his his own line of pickup trucks with Ford. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

John Riggins wouldn't even make the top ten.

Return to “POLITICS”