January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:05 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:02 pm
CU88 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:58 pm I keep forgetting that chain of command means nothing to the USA military

Oklahoma Guard commander defends rejecting vaccine mandate as Pentagon warns troops who refuse

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... nal-guard/

The Oklahoma National Guard’s commanding general Wednesday defended his directive countermanding federal requirements that all U.S. military personnel be vaccinated against the coronavirus, telling troops in a private town hall event that he was following orders from the state’s Republican governor and meant no disrespect to his superiors at the Pentagon.

Brig. Gen. Thomas Mancino, speaking to several dozen members of the Oklahoma National Guard in Oklahoma City, cast himself as an apolitical leader bound by law to answer to Gov. Kevin Stitt (R), who fired the state’s previous National Guard commander last week and ordered Mancino the next day to issue a policy allowing members to avoid the vaccine.
Separate him from the US military. Let Caesar pay him…
Yup, should be court martialed, dishonorably discharged etc...whatever is appropriate in the Guard. But out.
Your ignorance of all things National Guard & the UCMJ knows no limits.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... ction.html
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:20 pm
CU88 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:58 pm I keep forgetting that chain of command means nothing to the USA military

Oklahoma Guard commander defends rejecting vaccine mandate as Pentagon warns troops who refuse

The Oklahoma National Guard’s commanding general Wednesday defended his directive countermanding federal requirements that all U.S. military personnel be vaccinated against the coronavirus, telling troops in a private town hall event that he was following orders from the state’s Republican governor and meant no disrespect to his superiors at the Pentagon.

Brig. Gen. Thomas Mancino, speaking to several dozen members of the Oklahoma National Guard in Oklahoma City, cast himself as an apolitical leader bound by law to answer to Gov. Kevin Stitt (R), who fired the state’s previous National Guard commander last week and ordered Mancino the next day to issue a policy allowing members to avoid the vaccine.
Yup, should be court martialed, dishonorably discharged etc...whatever is appropriate in the Guard. But out.

Most assuredly I know little about the Guard other than from a couple of friends who serve, a couple of other acquaintances through church who serve. So, I certainly am open to critique as not knowing much...but what aspect of the law or policy do you think I don't understand?

Happy to learn.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:26 pm

Most assuredly I know little about the Guard other than from a couple of friends who serve, a couple of other acquaintances through church who serve. So, I certainly am open to critique as not knowing much...but what aspect of the law or policy do you think I don't understand?

Happy to learn.
Title 10 vs Title 32 status.

SecDef announced different deadlines for Army Guard & Air Guard.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Nothing like having a prepared and ready National Guard jump into Federal action, but then have a bunch of them say "Oops, wait for me"; first I need to go to CVS and get a shot.

But keep sending me that Federal money!!!!!!

DEPLORABLE
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:01 pm

Happy to learn.

Are you suggesting that the Oklahoma Guard have been "activated under Title 32" thus not bound to federal control and regulation? Even when training?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:03 pm

Happy to learn.

Are you suggesting that the Oklahoma Guard have been "activated under Title 32" thus not bound to federal control and regulation? Even when training?
Google is your friend :
https://ok.ng.mil/News/Article/2868609/ ... ec-9-2021/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:01 am

Happy to learn.

Google is your friend :
Is there an emergency order in Oklahoma necessitating Guard call-up?

Or is the Governor, with Adj. G support, claiming he has 32 authority without such an emergency, specifically to provide shelter for those not wanting to be vaccinated, defying the Presidential order for preparation in the event of an Article 10 call-up?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Happy to learn.

Give unto Caesar his due.

You can’t serve two masters.

Pick your aphorism.

If he wishes to ignore his CinC, then he needs to leave the federal system — no benefits.

Now do you understand?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:23 am

Happy to learn.

Give unto Caesar his due.

You can’t serve two masters.

Pick your aphorism.

If he wishes to ignore his CinC, then he needs to leave the federal system — no benefits.

Now do you understand?
Can't the Governor of OK, form and fund his own state militia as other states have done? If Guard commanders can refuse to follow orders of the CinC can funding then be withheld by Washington DC?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:58 am
old salt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:01 am

Happy to learn.

Google is your friend :
Is there an emergency order in Oklahoma necessitating Guard call-up?

Or is the Governor, with Adj. G support, claiming he has 32 authority without such an emergency, specifically to provide shelter for those not wanting to be vaccinated, defying the Presidential order for preparation in the event of an Article 10 call-up?
Governors command the NG until they are Federalized. You want to rant & argue. Do some research before calling for the Court Martial & Dishonorable discharge of an officer who's just trying to do his job, protect his troops, & maintain unit integrity, while feuding politicians & the courts sort this out. NG troops do not surrender all their rights.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Oh please just stop with the mouth breather gaslighting bull shirt, Salty.

FYI, the mouth breather governor from OK has raised no objection to any of the 17 other vaccinations that NG service members are required to get for diseases such as Anthrax, Chickenpox, Polio, Rabies, Typhoid, and Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. Why, exactly, are muh ruy-iots limited to just one of the 18? Total stupid garbage.

Just kick the anti-vax mouth breathers out of the NG if they won't take the shot. Fork 'em. We are better off without them.

They likely suck as soldiers anyway. Probably the kind of jack wad service members (of which there were soooo many) storming the Capital on 1/6. Good Riddance!!!!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:23 pm Oh please just stop with the mouth breather gaslighting bull shirt, Salty.

FYI, the mouth breather governor from OK has raised no objection to any of the 17 other vaccinations that NG service members are required to get for diseases such as Anthrax, Chickenpox, Polio, Rabies, Typhoid, and Measles, Mumps, and Rubella.

Just kick the anti-vax mouth breathers out of the NG if they won't take the shot. Fork 'em.

They likely suck as soldiers anyway. Probably the kind of jack wad service members (of which there were soooo many) storming the Capital on 1/6. Good Riddance!!!!
We no longer have conscripts to fill the ranks. You don't know how good they are as soldiers. The Army just lost 2 Battalion Commanders over this. Let's see how many more Marines we lose. It's totally unnecessary.
https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2021/ ... al/359880/

It's not just a problem in OK. https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2021/ ... ds/359827/

How many service members -- Active, Reserve & Guard -- will be unnecessarily lost over this failure in political leadership ?
Last edited by old salt on Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:32 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:23 pm Oh please just stop with the mouth breather gaslighting bull shirt, Salty.

FYI, the mouth breather governor from OK has raised no objection to any of the 17 other vaccinations that NG service members are required to get for diseases such as Anthrax, Chickenpox, Polio, Rabies, Typhoid, and Measles, Mumps, and Rubella.

Just kick the anti-vax mouth breathers out of the NG if they won't take the shot. Fork 'em.

We no longer have conscripts to fill the ranks. You don't know how good they are as soldiers. The Army just lost 2 Battalion Commanders over this. Let's see how many more Marines we lose. It's totally unnecessary.

It's not just a problem in OK. https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2021/ ... ds/359827/
Guess they don’t believe in chain of command. Promote someone else that can follow orders.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

How many service members -- Active, Reserve & Guard -- will be unnecessarily lost over this failure in political leadership ?
Up is down. Down is up. Post-Trump world where veterans now think it's unimportant to have soldiers that can follow orders, and not be swayed by propaganda.

Can't wait to see what 2022 will bring us.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Soldiers are supposed to follow lawful orders from the chain of command.

Not defy lawful orders and instead follow some ignorant mouth breather political disinformation from their social media.

Duty honor country is the code. Not follow whatever rando shirt flows out of your Facebook page.

Happy to have all of them resign. Sooner rather than later.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:39 pm Soldiers are supposed to follow lawful orders from the chain of command.

Not defy lawful orders and instead follow some ignorant mouth breather political disinformation from their Facebook page.
Yep.

Anyone have any ideas as to what we should do if these same armed soldiers buy the BS surrounding elections, and refuse to take orders from anyone other than Trump?

No, of course not. They think this is all a fun game.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

:mrgreen: up
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:46 pm

Guess they don’t believe in chain of command. Promote someone else that can follow orders.
Did you even read the link OS posted? I was regular army. When my unit deployed to Panama in 1980 we had no choice about our vaccinations. We went into a room and received every vaccination uncle Sam told us we needed. The National Guard are called "citizen soldiers" for a reason. It gets much more complicated for these CO because their soldiers are citizens first. If your RA, different story.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:39 pm Soldiers are supposed to follow lawful orders from the chain of command.

Not defy lawful orders and instead follow some ignorant mouth breather political disinformation from their social media.

Duty honor country is the code. Not follow whatever rando shirt flows out of your Facebook page.

Happy to have all of them resign. Sooner rather than later.
They are citizens first, soldiers second. They are called weekend warriors for a reason. The easy solution is to discharge them from service. I will admit that this gets complicated. If your RA, you follow orders. If your NG or AR you have to decide what a lawful order is.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:52 pm :mrgreen: up
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:46 pm

Did you even read the link OS posted? I was regular army. When my unit deployed to Panama in 1980 we had no choice about our vaccinations. We went into a room and received every vaccination uncle Sam told us we needed. The National Guard are called "citizen soldiers" for a reason. It gets much more complicated for these CO because their soldiers are citizens first. If your RA, different story.
Well, its not your regular Army any longer - Also Per OS above.....and former military Crenshaw also piling on telling soldiers to disobey orders from command. Bet the Chicoms and Rooskies are loving all this with inmates apparently trying to run the asylum.
The Army just lost 2 Battalion Commanders over this. Let's see how many more Marines we lose.
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”