Religion in America

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Religion in America

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:02 pm ““The political risk is so great that it comes with real danger,” former IRS official Phil Hackney said during the 60 Minutes segment. “At the same time, there’s a real risk to the rule of law if the IRS doesn’t come in and enforce those rules.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... hedge-fund

Free-for-all. Only entities paying tax will be the wage-slaves. Withholding is the privilege of the peasants…
This story had been out there a few months now I believe. There should be a threshold or cap on tax exempt entities. Can adjust for inflation. Institutions don’t deserve a financial advantage in retaining their institutional existence if they need tax exemption at $20, $40, $100bn. (This includes lobbying organizations and higher ed as well-I find some top endowments offensive-were seeing how some/many didn’t adhere to their own culture and conduct practices when it comes to raising those funds as well, beyond Epstein)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:56 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:02 pm ““The political risk is so great that it comes with real danger,” former IRS official Phil Hackney said during the 60 Minutes segment. “At the same time, there’s a real risk to the rule of law if the IRS doesn’t come in and enforce those rules.”

Free-for-all. Only entities paying tax will be the wage-slaves. Withholding is the privilege of the peasants…
This story had been out there a few months now I believe. There should be a threshold or cap on tax exempt entities. Can adjust for inflation. Institutions don’t deserve a financial advantage in retaining their institutional existence if they need tax exemption at $20, $40, $100bn. (This includes lobbying organizations and higher ed as well-I find some top endowments offensive-were seeing how some/many didn’t adhere to their own culture and conduct practices when it comes to raising those funds as well, beyond Epstein)
I commented a while back as well. This round was to cite the apt quote re lawlessness and my thoughts on wage slaves.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:37 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:56 pm

I commented a while back as well. This round was to cite the apt quote re lawlessness and my thoughts on wage slaves.
Understood. I’m not a flat tax guy but would sure prefer less rules, words and arbitrage opportunities that something as clean as a flat tax would offer.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:41 pm The revolt of Christian "home schoolers". A good read.
What was good about it? To me, it was just another hit piece on Christianity. Most everything they mentioned really had very little to do with schooling. And the social skills portion is so just blown out of proportion.....Harvard has disproven this myth.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:37 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:41 pm The revolt of Christian "home schoolers". A good read.
What was good about it? To me, it was just another hit piece on Christianity. Most everything they mentioned really had very little to do with schooling. And the social skills portion is so just blown out of proportion.....Harvard has disproven this myth.
It really sounds like the Christian parents in the story don't see it Harvard's way. The article was not just about home schooling, but conservative Christian secret sauce on top of the home schooling -- reads like child abuse. The parents conclusion was the public schools were less about indoctrination than their Christian home schooling.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... can't be, I have it on good (ultimate authority), the earth is only 6000 years old. ;)

CNN Interview of researcher.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:04 am
... can't be, I have it on good (ultimate authority), the earth is only 6000 years old. ;)

Remarkable discovery
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:05 am

Remarkable discovery
... will hold judgement until I know more details. Seems almost too good to be true. Thinking of Piltdown Man.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Pat Robertson, conservative evangelist and Christian Coalition founder, dies at 93

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pa ... -rcna61662

Pat Robertson, the conservative evangelist and media mogul who galvanized the modern Christian right, cultivated a massive national following and regularly drew criticism for his incendiary political statements, died Thursday, according to his official broadcasting network. He was 93.

The Christian Broadcasting Network, the organization he founded, did not immediately announce Robertson's cause of death. "Pat Robertson dedicated his life to preaching the Gospel, helping those in need, and educating the next generation," the company said. He was one of the most prominent and influential Christian broadcasters and entrepreneurs in the United States — equal parts religious leader and culture warrior.

In a way, Robertson was also a business visionary. He converted a small Virginia television station into a religious broadcasting powerhouse, marrying fiery ideology with 20th-century entertainment technology. He inspired other conservative Christians to take to the airwaves, too. He created the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), home to the talk show “The 700 Club,” and founded the Christian Coalition, a group that helped mobilize American evangelicals into a conservative political bloc and one of the cornerstones of the modern Republican Party.

Robertson reached the pinnacle of his national celebrity in the 1980s, when social conservatism was ascendant. He ran for the Republican presidential nomination in 1988, a contest ultimately won by George H.W. Bush. But he would remain a kingmaker in the GOP for decades to come, marshaling conservative Christians behind George W. Bush and Donald Trump.

The evildoer was the very epitome of the Antichrist.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:09 am

Remarkable discovery
... will hold judgement until I know more details. Seems almost too good to be true. Thinking of Piltdown Man.
EDIT:

It would be a “remarkable discovery” if it holds up.
:D
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:24 am

Remarkable discovery
EDIT:

... yes. It will give America's Christian Nationalists something to worry about besides gay people. :lol: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:16 am Pat Robertson, conservative evangelist and Christian Coalition founder, dies at 93

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pa ... -rcna61662

Pat Robertson, the conservative evangelist and media mogul who galvanized the modern Christian right, cultivated a massive national following and regularly drew criticism for his incendiary political statements, died Thursday, according to his official broadcasting network. He was 93.

The Christian Broadcasting Network, the organization he founded, did not immediately announce Robertson's cause of death. "Pat Robertson dedicated his life to preaching the Gospel, helping those in need, and educating the next generation," the company said. He was one of the most prominent and influential Christian broadcasters and entrepreneurs in the United States — equal parts religious leader and culture warrior.

In a way, Robertson was also a business visionary. He converted a small Virginia television station into a religious broadcasting powerhouse, marrying fiery ideology with 20th-century entertainment technology. He inspired other conservative Christians to take to the airwaves, too. He created the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), home to the talk show “The 700 Club,” and founded the Christian Coalition, a group that helped mobilize American evangelicals into a conservative political bloc and one of the cornerstones of the modern Republican Party.

Robertson reached the pinnacle of his national celebrity in the 1980s, when social conservatism was ascendant. He ran for the Republican presidential nomination in 1988, a contest ultimately won by George H.W. Bush. But he would remain a kingmaker in the GOP for decades to come, marshaling conservative Christians behind George W. Bush and Donald Trump.

The evildoer was the very epitome of the Antichrist.
... a candidate for America's greatest 20th century grifter.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

swindler is more apropos for that Antichrist
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

"if i die and go to heaven and pat robertson is there i'm going to sh*t in my hand and throw it at god" -- originally said by a gay guy named shaun
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:25 am "if i die and go to heaven and pat robertson is there i'm going to sh*t in my hand and throw it at god" -- originally said by a gay guy named shaun
Like the gay guy is going to make it into heaven with that attitude? :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You sure you are a hop fan? That really limits the number of titles their fans can claim.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:36 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:24 am

Remarkable discovery
EDIT:

... yes. It will give America's Christian Nationalists something to worry about besides gay people. :lol: :lol:
Just makes no sense. Of all the things to worry about. I’m worried about how I’m going to stalk the girl in the performance sweats in a commercial this am.

Return to “POLITICS”