Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Orange Duce

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 am
dislaxxic wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:47 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:47 am what more in life could he possibly want?
Respect?

Good luck with that one, Donnie.

I would be a happy camper if trump wants to live in exile on Elba. You still waiting for your pound of flesh? Your a FLP believer. What the f**k do you care about trump come 1/20/2021. What is behind you is no longer important. Bidens DOJ will be in charge of that.
Sure, many of us would be pleased if Trump went away and never was to be heard from again.

Unfortunately, that's very far from likely.

I doubt Biden's choice of AG and DOJ will focus on direct Trump prosecutions, but I do think that the state prosecutions will reveal very damaging information to Trump that will diminish him and his family from successful future contention for office, and quite likely could lead to major fines and possible jail time.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:20 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:47 am what more in life could he possibly want?
Respect?

I would be a happy camper if trump wants to live in exile on Elba. You still waiting for your pound of flesh? Your a FLP believer. What the f**k do you care about trump come 1/20/2021. What is behind you is no longer important. Bidens DOJ will be in charge of that.
Sure, many of us would be pleased if Trump went away and never was to be heard from again. Don't need to be "FLP" to want that.

I doubt Biden's choice of AG and DOJ will focus on direct Trump prosecutions, but I do think that the state prosecutions will reveal very damaging information to Trump that will diminish him and his family from successful future contention for office, and quite likely could lead to major fines and possible jail time.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

"I don't get it," Trump said, venting confusion and frustration. "All these other Republicans, all over the country, they all win their races. And I'm the only guy that loses?"
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... acy-440475
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:02 pm "I don't get it," Trump said, venting confusion and frustration. "All these other Republicans, all over the country, they all win their races. And I'm the only guy that loses?"
That’s the guy that walks into the room with his blazer tucked into the back of his pants after coming out of the bathroom and wonders why people are laughing....

😂😂😂
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:20 am
Respect?

Sure, many of us would be pleased if Trump went away and never was to be heard from again.

I think trump is in heap big doo doo here in NYS. I don't think his problems are just going to go away. The powers that be in NYS want to see trumps testicles strung up and hung high for all the world to see. trump has huge enemies in NYS that want to make an example of him.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:09 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:02 pm "I don't get it," Trump said, venting confusion and frustration. "All these other Republicans, all over the country, they all win their races. And I'm the only guy that loses?"
That’s the guy that walks into the room with his blazer tucked into the back of his pants after coming out of the bathroom and wonders why people are laughing....

😂😂😂
Does that person also have TP stuck to the bottom of their shoe? :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:52 pm

😂😂😂
Yep. I mentioned that about Trump and a few days later, he actually did it. The guy is so predictable its hard to believe.
old salt

Post by old salt »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:59 am A Twitter thread on pardoning Flynn:

From attorney Andrew Laufer:
So it appears Trump may attempt to pardon Flynn. This was expected. No surprise here. We need to take a breath and understand that this will not work out for Trump or Flynn. We have already seen what Judge Sullivan has done when Barr attempted to dismiss Flynn’s prosecution

The Court said “hold on” and appointed special counsel to investigate it - Judge Gleeson, ret. - and refused to do so. This then went to the DC circuit and ultimately Judge Sullivan’s rulings not to dismiss Flynn’s prosecution was ultimately upheld.

I have the same inclination I had before that Judge Sullivan will take a similar stance to appoint special counsel - Gleeson most likely will continue - to review and probably challenged the legality of the pardon. We have also seen the beginnings of this before

Judge Amy Berman-Jackson in her acceptance of amicus briefs regarding the legality of Roger Stones’s sentence commutation due to Trump’s entanglement. A lawful power, like POTUS’s right to pardon crimes or commute sentences is enshrined in Article 1 of the construction. It is one of the most expansive powers held by POTUS. Be that as it may, a lawful power exercised for an unlawful purpose is a crime. For example, if a president is bribed to pardon a criminal, the pardon would be unlawful - fruit of an illegal act although POTUS has the power to pardon. The same holds true if POTUS conspires with another to commit a crime. He would be providing cover for his co-conspirators in evading prosecution. Further, by pardoning his co-conspirator, it also acts as a self-pardon since it would extinguish the criminal conspiracy. A pardon also causes the pardoned to plead guilty for all crimes pardoned. It also does away with their 5th amendment rights . That, in turn, would require anyone who accepts a pardon to testify about their role in any crimes pardoned if compelled to do so.

Suffice to say, if Trump issues a pardon to Flynn, it will open up a hornets nest of problems for him and Flynn. Stay strong Patriots.
So Gleeson expects to overturn the Presidential pardon power in a case of a co-operating witness for whom prosecutors recommended no jail time, then the DoJ tried to drop the charges ? Gleeson may want to pick a more worthy case. The Flynn case is a glaring example of investigative, prosecutorial & judicial abuse.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/michael ... han-turley
CU77

Post by CU77 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:51 pm I think trump is in heap big doo doo here in NYS. I don't think his problems are just going to go away. The powers that be in NYS want to see trumps testicles strung up and hung high for all the world to see.
And Cruz, Rubio, Haley, and all the other 2024 Republican POTUS wannabes, are going to be quietly cheering on the sidelines.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:22 pm

So it appears Trump may attempt to pardon Flynn. This was expected. No surprise here. We need to take a breath and understand that this will not work out for Trump or Flynn. We have already seen what Judge Sullivan has done when Barr attempted to dismiss Flynn’s prosecution

The Court said “hold on” and appointed special counsel to investigate it - Judge Gleeson, ret. - and refused to do so. This then went to the DC circuit and ultimately Judge Sullivan’s rulings not to dismiss Flynn’s prosecution was ultimately upheld.

I have the same inclination I had before that Judge Sullivan will take a similar stance to appoint special counsel - Gleeson most likely will continue - to review and probably challenged the legality of the pardon. We have also seen the beginnings of this before

Judge Amy Berman-Jackson in her acceptance of amicus briefs regarding the legality of Roger Stones’s sentence commutation due to Trump’s entanglement. A lawful power, like POTUS’s right to pardon crimes or commute sentences is enshrined in Article 1 of the construction. It is one of the most expansive powers held by POTUS. Be that as it may, a lawful power exercised for an unlawful purpose is a crime. For example, if a president is bribed to pardon a criminal, the pardon would be unlawful - fruit of an illegal act although POTUS has the power to pardon. The same holds true if POTUS conspires with another to commit a crime. He would be providing cover for his co-conspirators in evading prosecution. Further, by pardoning his co-conspirator, it also acts as a self-pardon since it would extinguish the criminal conspiracy. A pardon also causes the pardoned to plead guilty for all crimes pardoned. It also does away with their 5th amendment rights . That, in turn, would require anyone who accepts a pardon to testify about their role in any crimes pardoned if compelled to do so.

Suffice to say, if Trump issues a pardon to Flynn, it will open up a hornets nest of problems for him and Flynn. Stay strong Patriots.
So Gleeson expects to overturn the Presidential pardon power in a case of a co-operating witness for whom prosecutors recommended no jail time, then the DoJ tried to drop the charges ? Gleeson may want to pick a more worthy case. The Flynn case is a glaring example of investigative, prosecutorial & judicial abuse.
Turley

😂😂😂😂

Your guy lost....let it go.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:33 pm

Turley

😂😂😂😂

Flynn is perhaps even more Salty's guy than Trump...lock her up chanter that he is...

Flynn may well skate and find profitable succor on OAN.

Salty, I think the legal issues involved with a President pardoning someone who is in a position to testify against him and/or hurt him politically are quite interesting and valid.

The Judge certainly has seen the merits of Flynn's own defense to be sketchy at best and potentially far more than just simple lying, rather there's indeed sound reason to consider those lies to be part of an active conspiracy to cover-up, in order to protect Trump, not the country. With Trump a co-conspirator.

If that's the case, then indeed a pardon would be out of bounds. And that may well explain why the pardon wasn't previously issued, surely Trump has wanted to do so.

I think the more interesting aspect (at least to the country and to Trump himself!) than whether Flynn skates or not is that the case will focus attention again on Trump's role. He won't be POTUS any more and could well be compelled to testify about what he knew and when he knew it...
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:12 pm

Turley

😂😂😂😂

Flynn is perhaps even more Salty's guy than Trump...lock her up chanter that he is...

Salty, I think the legal issues involved with a President pardoning someone who is in a position to testify against him and/or hurt him politically are quite interesting and valid.

The Judge certainly has seen the merits of Flynn's own defense to be sketchy at best and potentially far more than just simple lying, rather there's indeed sound reason to consider those lies to be part of an active conspiracy to cover-up, in order to protect Trump, not the country. With Trump a co-conspirator.

If that's the case, then indeed a pardon would be out of bounds. And that may well explain why the pardon wasn't previously issued, surely Trump has wanted to do so.

I think the more interesting aspect (at least to the country and to Trump himself!) than whether Flynn skates or not is that the case will focus attention again on Trump's role. He won't be POTUS any more and could well be compelled to testify about what he knew and when he knew it...
Give it up ! There's no pending case against Trump to which Flynn is a party. He cooperated fully with the Mueller probe. He was the first Trump campaign or admin member to do so. He received a favorable sentencing recommendation, based on that co-operation.
He was entrapped to coerce his testimony. A DoJ inquiry confirmed it & recommended dropping the charges.
It's not up to Judge Sullivan to judge the merits of Flynn's defense, it was never presented.
Active conspiracy ? .... :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:16 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:12 pm

Turley

😂😂😂😂

Give it up ! There's no pending case against Trump to which Flynn is a party. He cooperated fully with the Mueller probe. He was the first Trump campaign or admin member to do so. He received a favorable sentencing recommendation, based on that co-operation.
He was entrapped to coerce his testimony. A DoJ inquiry confirmed it & recommended dropping the charges.
It's not up to Judge Sullivan to judge the merits of Flynn's defense, it was never presented.
Active conspiracy ? .... :lol:
He lied and admitted to lying or are you saying he lied about that?

😂😂😂😂
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"It's not up to Judge Sullivan to judge the merits of Flynn's defense, it was never presented."

You mean it was waived, at least twice, after an admonition from the Judge whether this was what he wanted to do. He's a criminal. No getting around it anymore.
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:23 pm "It's not up to Judge Sullivan to judge the merits of Flynn's defense, it was never presented."

You mean it was waived, at least twice, after an admonition from the Judge whether this was what he wanted to do. He's a criminal. No getting around it anymore.
He is a hero to Commodore Schmidlap.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oldbarndog

Post by Oldbarndog »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:52 pm

😂😂😂
And his pants unzipped ? 🤭🤭
"Dear Naps. Sorry I was such a jerk to you when I was a kid"
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Andersen

Post by Andersen »

It takes real focus and determination to misspell district twice right at the top. Two different misspellings too.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

The Washington Post@washingtonpost
4 hours ago
Opinion: Trump’s legacy, by the numbers
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ce=twitter

Opinion by Catherine Rampell, Columnist
November 25, 2020 at 6:52 p.m. EST
As covid-19 hospitalizations hit another new high on Tuesday, President Trump called a news conference to boast about a different record: the stock market.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average, he crowed, had just pierced 30,000. “That’s a sacred number, 30,000,” he said.

It was a bizarre statement even for Trump. After all, Trump has argued for years that any stock market gains that occur after a presidential election should be credited to the new president-elect, not the guy on his way out the door. In reality, neither presidents nor presidents-elect control stock markets, of course; but even if Trump did unilaterally control equity prices, and even if he had done so for the entire duration of his presidency, his record would still pale in comparison with his predecessor’s.

More important, 30,000 hardly seems like a “sacred number" — or a particularly significant one, in the context of this administration’s overall record. Here is a compendium of more memorable metrics that should forever be linked with the Trump legacy:

261,000 (and growing): If anything is “sacred,” it is human life. This number is the minimum tally of U.S. lives lost to the novel coronavirus as of Wednesday night. By the time Trump leaves office it will be higher. Even by Thanksgiving morning, it will be higher.

$750: The amount Trump reportedly paid in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. He paid the same amount his first year in the White House, too.

14.7 percent: The unemployment rate in April 2020. Also the highest unemployment rate on record since modern statistics on joblessness began in 1948 and likely the highest rate since the Great Depression.

$421 million: The amount of loans and other debts for which Trump is personally responsible, with most of it reportedly coming due within four years — that is, a period when Trump had hoped to serve his second presidential term.

100.1 percent: Federal debt held by the public as a share of gross domestic product, in the fiscal year that recently ended, according to the Congressional Budget Office. The last time this measure exceeded 100 percent was just after World War II.

$1.9 trillion: The 10-year cost of Trump’s 2017 tax cut. (This is “dynamic” cost — that is, it accounts for the effects of economic growth.) This contributes to the debt number above.

$130,000: The amount Trump paid an adult-film actress with whom he had an affair; this bought her silence ahead of the 2016 election.

26: The number of women who have publicly accused Trump of sexual misconduct.

26 million: The number of American adults who reported that their household didn’t have enough to eat just ahead of Election Day.

Eight: The number of Trump associates to date charged with or convicted of criminal offenses. The former aides and advisers are: onetime 2016 campaign chairman Paul Manafort; 2016 deputy campaign chair Rick Gates; former national security adviser Michael Flynn, whom Trump pardoned Wednesday; foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos; informal Trump foreign policy adviser George Nader; political adviser Roger Stone; personal attorney Michael Cohen; and strategist Stephen K. Bannon.

666: The number of separated migrant children whose parents still have not been found, because the Trump administration didn’t keep sufficient records.

23,035: The number of false or misleading claims Trump had made as of mid-September, according to the Washington Post Fact Checker team. Presumably that number will continue to grow during Trump’s final weeks in office.

$3: The amount that Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club charged taxpayers for a glass of water served to Trump.

289: The number of times Trump visited a golf course while president. So far.

15: The number of times that people have to flush their toilet, according to Trump. (Why he made this claim on the campaign trail I do not know.)

One: The number of viewers Trump officials sought to reach during their TV appearances (the infamous “audience of one”).

49 percent: The peak share of Americans who said they approved of Trump’s performance as president, according to Gallup.

306: The number of electoral college votes Trump won in 2016, which he called a “landslide.”

306: The number of electoral college votes Joe Biden won in 2020.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “POLITICS”