Kayla Treanor. Is this true?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
njbill

Re: Kayla Treanor. Is this true?

Post by njbill »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:06 am Civil litigation, or the threat of a lawsuit, is almost always a game of chicken. Who is willing to take it further? It’s rarely about the truth. Which is why civil litigation rarely ends up in an actual court room. For instance, KT has this affair which is completely against the rules. But she feels discriminated against because her affair is with a woman. She threatens Syracuse for the lawsuit. Syracuse says you broke all the rules in our handbook, we had every right to fire you. KT’s lawyers say OK, but what about these text messages we have from one of your employees using a homophobic slur? Would you like that going public? Etc. etc. etc. back-and-forth until settlement is reached because it’s not good for either party for the dirty laundry to go public. And that is my point. Like Allen Iverson said, “ain’t nobody squeaky clean.” It’s a gross world we live in (civil litigation). But it doesn’t mean it’s not real.
Slow your roll there, cowboy. How many times have you told me you were a D1 coach when you criticized my opinions? Well, the shoe is on the other foot here. I'm retired now, but I practiced civil litigation for many decades. "Game of chicken"? "Rarely about the truth?" "It’s a gross world we live in (civil litigation)." Complete baloney.

As to this particular case, you don't know all the relevant facts. I don't know all the relevant facts. If or when all the relevant facts come out and if or when there is a lawsuit, then you can get back to me with your opinions about this case. Your speculation is just that: speculation. Basically worthless.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

njbill wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:38 am
LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:06 am Civil litigation, or the threat of a lawsuit, is almost always a game of chicken. Who is willing to take it further? It’s rarely about the truth. Which is why civil litigation rarely ends up in an actual court room. For instance, KT has this affair which is completely against the rules. But she feels discriminated against because her affair is with a woman. She threatens Syracuse for the lawsuit. Syracuse says you broke all the rules in our handbook, we had every right to fire you. KT’s lawyers say OK, but what about these text messages we have from one of your employees using a homophobic slur? Would you like that going public? Etc. etc. etc. back-and-forth until settlement is reached because it’s not good for either party for the dirty laundry to go public. And that is my point. Like Allen Iverson said, “ain’t nobody squeaky clean.” It’s a gross world we live in (civil litigation). But it doesn’t mean it’s not real.
Slow your roll there, cowboy. How many times have you told me you were a D1 coach when you criticized my opinions? Well, the shoe is on the other foot here. I'm retired now, but I practiced civil litigation for many decades. "Game of chicken"? "Rarely about the truth?" "It’s a gross world we live in (civil litigation)." Complete baloney.

As to this particular case, you don't know all the relevant facts. I don't know all the relevant facts. If or when all the relevant facts come out and if or when there is a lawsuit, then you can get back to me with your opinions about this case. Your speculation is just that: speculation. Basically worthless.
I don’t even own a cowboy hat. And Dak Prescott is overrated.
njbill

Post by njbill »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:44 am
njbill wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:38 am

I don’t even own a cowboy hat. And Dak Prescott is overrated.
:lol: I agree with you there.
LaxAllStars

Post by LaxAllStars »

Joe Spallina talks Alexa Spallina flip from SU to Clemson

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show ... na-e2ljeqv
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

LaxAllStars wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:16 pm Joe Spallina talks Alexa Spallina flip from SU to Clemson

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show ... na-e2ljeqv
Cliff notes? I’m sure he left out that he is leaving SB to take an assistant spot at Clemson when his daughter goes there. Syd Pirreca head coach at SB 2025-26.(At least that is what she told a couple people on the island with the “hey don’t tell anyone speech at the end).
Apparently Joe sent texts to all his commits saying don’t believe any rumors about me. At the risk of realityknows/laxguy516 telling their husband/best friend about me I’m going to chose my next words carefully. Joe Spallina is a nice guy when he isn’t a snake oil salesman.
cdb

Post by cdb »

Relax77, your post stated that Joe is taking a job at Clemson. In a recent interview Joe mentioned that he and his daughter visited Clemson and were very impressed with Dabo and the attention he showed Joe's daughter. Are you implying that his daughter switched from CUSE to Clemson as part of a package that includes a job for her father? That's what could be inferred from your post. Please clarify - appreciate it.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

cdb wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:32 pm Relax77, your post stated that Joe is taking a job at Clemson. In a recent interview Joe mentioned that he and his daughter visited Clemson and were very impressed with Dabo and the attention he showed Joe's daughter. Are you implying that his daughter switched from CUSE to Clemson as part of a package that includes a job for her father? That's what could be inferred from your post. Please clarify - appreciate it.
Not sure how my post implied a quid pro quo but No I am not saying that. I have no idea why she switched nor if there were any behind the scene deals. I am saying that Joe will be on the Clemson staff for Alexa’s freshman year though. If reading the recruiting board and hearing what Club Directors said back in August, JS liked Clemson. They offered her a full ride. She wanted to go with her brothers. No idea what she got at Cuse but I would imagine it to be the same.

Once again before his acolytes come for me, I did not say or mean to imply that’s why his daughter changed. And I don’t believe that. Any coach would love to have Spallina on their staff. Until after about a year and they get sick of him.
Last edited by Relax77 on Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

How, wth the level of recruits they have coming in, do they offer her a full ride? Is that a full ride with NIL and other stuff combined? They have full classes now and 12 scholarships to go around.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

lacrossemwj wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:57 pm How, wth the level of recruits they have coming in, do they offer her a full ride? Is that a full ride with NIL and other stuff combined? They have full classes now and 12 scholarships to go around.
Well do you think she and Aubrie just switched from Cuse to Clemson for no money now? Because by now you would think they have no money left. Schools always find a way
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:36 am
DMac wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:55 amNFW the KTrainwreck is the Cuse HC next year and doesn't deserve to be.
How does she keep her job? Fear of lawsuit?! Shouldn't there be a fear of lawsuit also if she keeps her job?
Let's not underestimate the impact that the settlement/Syracuse's athletic financial challenges may have on all of this.

I think SU admin may use this opportunity to dramatically decrease women's lax coaching salaries to help fund some savings. With Kayla reportedly making over $300k per year to coach, they could easily find a decent head coach for less than half of that.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

lacrossemwj wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:57 pm How, wth the level of recruits they have coming in, do they offer her a full ride? Is that a full ride with NIL and other stuff combined? They have full classes now and 12 scholarships to go around.
They will have more than 12 by the time she matriculates.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

DMac wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:55 am It now seems obvious to me that some of you had the inside scoop on this sickening mess, so my bad and apologies for questioning your reliability. I now know the scoop from a dependable and reliable source and must say I could not be more disappointed and disgusted with Kayla. The damage you and your assistant have done to Cuse wlax is immeasurable and will be felt for many years to come. The two of you need to go find a dark little corner to hide in and hang your heads in shame. Can't even express how thoroughly disgusted and disappointed I am in you.
No, I won't lay out the details but I can't imagine it being too long before they're out. NFW the KTrainwreck is the Cuse HC next year and doesn't deserve to be.
Can you share if you think KT will still be employed on 9/1? reading tea leaves, for cuse to minimize damage they will need new coach in place then.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:13 pm
Maybe...I don't see the NCAA moving that fast on approving any of this. I could be wrong.
DMac

Post by DMac »

LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:15 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:55 am It now seems obvious to me that some of you had the inside scoop on this sickening mess, so my bad and apologies for questioning your reliability. I now know the scoop from a dependable and reliable source and must say I could not be more disappointed and disgusted with Kayla. The damage you and your assistant have done to Cuse wlax is immeasurable and will be felt for many years to come. The two of you need to go find a dark little corner to hide in and hang your heads in shame. Can't even express how thoroughly disgusted and disappointed I am in you.
No, I won't lay out the details but I can't imagine it being too long before they're out. NFW the KTrainwreck is the Cuse HC next year and doesn't deserve to be.
Can you share if you think KT will still be employed on 9/1? reading tea leaves, for cuse to minimize damage they will need new coach in place then.
Sure, I can share what I think but it's just a not in the know layperson's opinion.
If I'm the AD she and her assistant coach are fired yesterday, she wouldn't make
it anywhere near 9/1. Stop the bleeding right now. What recruit wants to come
into this swirling cesspool? Who wants to stay and play for this embarrassed to the
max program? This broken team will likely get hammered by damn near everyone
this upcoming season the way I see it.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Full ride can come from a variety of combinations. If Clemson is able to stack their money (athletic and academic), she could have received a full ride that way. They may be calling a combination of NIL and scholarship full ride. A number of different ways to get there.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Sorry dmac I know you’re love of the orange But sometimes we do actually know what we’re talking about!
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Fischer wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:51 pm
Sorry dmac I know you’re love of the orange But sometimes we do actually know what we’re talking about!
Funny how written words can be taken. At first, I thought Dmac was being facetious there.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:23 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:13 pm
Maybe...I don't see the NCAA moving that fast on approving any of this. I could be wrong.
I don’t think it matters if they did. Obviously they found extra mo ey to give two top 10 players months after they were done recruiting one of the best classes. They will always find a way. It’s how Harvard pays their hockey players. The “rickshaw grant”. The “Emerson foundation grant”. They make it up as they go along.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Sometimes, yes.
Sometimes, not so much.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:02 pm
Funny how written words can be taken. At first, I thought Dmac was being facetious there.
Would make sense but not this time.
Funny indeed how written words can
be taken. Author means one thing, reader
interprets it completely differently. Can
cause big problems, completely change the
meaning. Not in the Bible though, everything
in there has been understood as intended and
the many translations have never missed the mark.
8-)

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”