2024 New York State Tournaments

HS Boys Lacrosse
WhatIPostLike

Re: 2024 New York State Tournaments

Post by WhatIPostLike »

Nigel wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:40 pm These NHFS announcers are about as exciting as grandma driving in the slow lane.

McQ 9-5 last min
F'Dale win 9-8
They might be even worse for the Rye - BBP game. They do know they're supposed to commentate the game right? This is terrible.
WhatIPostLike

Post by WhatIPostLike »

Nigel wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:40 pm These NHFS announcers are about as exciting as grandma driving in the slow lane.

McQ 9-5 last min
F'Dale win 9-8
They might be even worse for the Rye - BBP game. They do know they're supposed to commentate the game right? This is terrible.
WhatIPostLike

Post by WhatIPostLike »

McQ 9-5 last min
F'Dale win 9-8
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

BBP 9-8 over Rye
JD 22-8 over HFL

That's the ballgame tonight

BBP v JD Saturday
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Great day of LI vs Westchester games today! LI extremely fortunate to come out with four wins.
Klaxman

Post by Klaxman »

LI13 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:30 pm Great day of LI vs Westchester games today! LI extremely fortunate to come out with four wins.
Not an easy sweep 🧹 for Long Island but we take it
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:27 pm
lilax wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:22 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:17 pm
Klaxman wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:14 pm South side down 7 to 2 in late 3rd came back won 10 to 8. Melk 19 of 21
huskers gave that game away.
I don't think they gave the game away, SS wore Yorktown down. The Yorktown D looked exhausted in the 4th quarter.

It could have been worse if the Mezzatesta didn’t have 18 saves.
Mezzatesta was lights out! Victor has a more explosive offense than Yorktown. If they can win 6 or 7 face-offs, SS is going to have their work cut out for them. Should be a great one at Hofstra on Saturday!

Joe
Victors offense has actually been incredibly inconsistent this year. Against 10+ win teams, they have only scored double digits twice. They are a defensive minded team and a very good one at that.

The SS FOGO presents a major problem, Victor has struggled to get into offensive rhythm when the Ricci brothers are below 50%.

The lower scoring the game, the more likely Victor wins.

I am interested to see the match ups. The LI teams seem to be more battle tested as they have played better competition to get here. But Victor, JD and Marcellus were in this position last year, and that should help them handle the moment.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

WhatIPostLike wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:04 pm

McQ 9-5 last min
F'Dale win 9-8
Just watched the 2H replay and thought exactly the same while watching. Painful! It was like a podcast or TED talk that occasionally mentioned a game going on.

I will agree enthusiastically that the SS/Ytown announcers were really strong and knew their stuff.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Saturday picks

Farmingdale by a few
South Side by a couple
JD by a goal
CSH by a goal (yeah not picking against Bonn again)
Magbride14

Post by Magbride14 »

I did not watch any games today but I knew that SS was going to come back and win, b/c SS asst coach John Detomasso is a better coach then Timmy Schurr of Yorktown, who had talent every season at JJ and he could not get them over the hump
thedisciple516

Post by thedisciple516 »

LI13 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:20 am Saturday picks

Farmingdale by a few
South Side by a couple
JD by a goal
Farmingdale by 2 - Farmingdale doesn't come across as some powerhouse but they are more battle tested than McQuaid and that'll be the difference.

South Side by 4 - Victor has struggled offensively against good teams and any team that has only 1 loss with SS's schedule is a very good team. Will the Victor program's experience on championship weekend make any difference? If the semis are any indication it might. Victor just played it's best game of the year and it looks like SS just played one of its worst. Will that carry over into the final? Is SS feeling any jitters now that it's do or die against teams of equal/similar talent?

JD by 1 - Very low confidence pick. It's a toss up imo and I'm picking JD just because I'm an upstate/Central NY homer.

Marcellus by 1 - See above.

Overall these look to be fantastic matchups with no obvious winner going into them. I can't remember a championship weekend when the winners were so hard to predict. I wouldn't be surprised by a LI sweep and also wouldn't be surprised if Upstate took 2 or even 3 (Upstate sweep would be a shock as LI has the slight advantage in these matchups collectively imo).
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

thedisciple516 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:03 am

Farmingdale by a few
South Side by a couple
JD by a goal
Farmingdale by 2 - Farmingdale doesn't come across as some powerhouse but they are more battle tested than McQuaid and that'll be the difference.

South Side by 4 - Victor has struggled offensively against good teams and any team that has only 1 loss with SS's schedule is a very good team. Will the Victor program's experience on championship weekend make any difference? If the semis are any indication it might. Victor just played it's best game of the year and it looks like SS just played one of its worst. Will that carry over into the final? Is SS feeling any jitters now that it's do or die against teams of equal/similar talent?

JD by 1 - Very low confidence pick. It's a toss up imo and I'm picking JD just because I'm an upstate/Central NY homer.

Marcellus by 1 - See above.

Overall these look to be fantastic matchups with no obvious winner going into them. I can't remember a championship weekend when the winners were so hard to predict. I wouldn't be surprised by a LI sweep and also wouldn't be surprised if Upstate took 2 or even 3 (Upstate sweep would be a shock as LI has the slight advantage in these matchups collectively imo).
I like the team McQuaid has put forward this year. They have wins over some pretty good Sec.V teams to include Victor who is playing in the finals. I do know 2 things, the Jesuits will be praying intently and the Black Knights will not be an easy out.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Victor is today’s West Genesee
At Cortland I was watching Victor dismantle Vestal. I left at halftime to check on Liverpool, but came back to finish the game. Even in a rout, they’re an entertaining team to watch. A well disciplined machine. What ever issues they had during the regular season, they’ll likely turn it up a notch at playoff time. Their state championship record suggests so. Their attack was awesome, led by Jackson Mead #3 who had 6g, 5 in the 1st period and he’s only a 9th grader! Very quick and can light up the goal. Clinkscales #5 on the other side is very good too and they work so well together. The Ricci brothers, handle FO. Eli went 8/10 and he’s only a 8th grader.

I’m sure South Side is very good too. You never know what you get in the finals. Should be a good one.
IMG_8750.jpeg
IMG_8750.jpeg (137.74 KiB) Viewed 290 times
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:20 am Victor is today’s West Genesee
At Cortland I was watching Victor dismantle Vestal. I left at halftime to check on Liverpool, but came back to finish the game. Even in a rout, they’re an entertaining team to watch. A well disciplined machine. What ever issues they had during the regular season, they’ll likely turn it up a notch at playoff time. Their state championship record suggests so. Their attack was awesome, led by Jackson Mead #3 who had 6g, 5 in the 1st period and he’s only a 9th grader! Very quick and can light up the goal. Clinkscales #5 on the other side is very good too and they work so well together. The Ricci brothers, handle FO. Eli went 8/10 and he’s only a 8th grader.

I’m sure South Side is very good too. You never know what you get in the finals. Should be a good one.

IMG_8750.jpeg
Don't forget that the Black Knights of McQuaid beat a very good Victor team. :) The Black Knights can play some seriously good defense. They seem to be playing at their very best right now. I know Farmingdale has a very talented team this year. It should be a very good game.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

IMG_8750.jpeg
darien probably makes a better case, but for new york, fo sho. and cranking 8th and 9th graders out there, future i'm sure is bright. they have it down in that town.

ardilla, did you come up thru school in PA or NY? glad you get to see what's really the best high school lacrosse tournament anywhere.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

IMG_8750.jpeg
Relying on an 8th and 9th grader to produce against a team with 27 seniors seems like a tough ask. Not predicting anything, just an observation
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Farmingdale by a few
South Side by a couple
JD by a goal

McQuaid Jesuit by 3

Victor by 2

BBP by 1

CSH wins by 1 in OT, also not going against Bonn.

Joe
LI13

Post by LI13 »

flyerfan17 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:41 pm

IMG_8750.jpeg
Relying on an 8th and 9th grader to produce against a team with 27 seniors seems like a tough ask. Not predicting anything, just an observation
I just think this South Side senior class is not going to let them lose, especially not playing a de facto home game. They showed a ton of character in the comeback against Yorktown. I don't think they are going to be denied a title.
WhatIPostLike

Post by WhatIPostLike »

I think the A,B,C games are toss ups and will be 1-2 goal games in either direction. I'd give slight edge to Farmingdale, SS, and JD.

For CSH Vs Marcellus, I have a feeling that CSH wins by a comfortable margin - say 4-5 goals. I have not seen Marcellus play and their record is impressive but not a lot of close games on their resume. I think CSH's is more battle tested this season and it will pay off for them this Saturday.

Regardless of the results, I'm excited for a great day of lacrosse Saturday.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

WhatIPostLike wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:37 pm I think the A,B,C games are toss ups and will be 1-2 goal games in either direction. I'd give slight edge to Farmingdale, SS, and JD.

For CSH Vs Marcellus, I have a feeling that CSH wins by a comfortable margin - say 4-5 goals. I have not seen Marcellus play and their record is impressive but not a lot of close games on their resume. I think CSH's is more battle tested this season and it will pay off for them this Saturday.

Regardless of the results, I'm excited for a great day of lacrosse Saturday.
When was the last time, if ever, Long Island teams went 4-0 against Westchester squads? Looking at the scores, all the games must have been terrific.

Question: Why is a catholic school playing a public school in the A group?

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”