Notre Dame
69%
Georgetown
31%

Total votes: 48

SkipPass

Re: QF #1 Notre Dame vs #8 Georgetown Saturday @ noon

Post by SkipPass »

Sensitive bunch. To say this team doesn’t have to personnel is absurd. The roster is full of 4 and 5 star recruits with a very solid goalie. The issue in 21, 23 & 24 in the quarters can be attributed to the over reliance on one FOGO who when out/injured puts the team at a significant disadvantage. It needs to be addressed if the team (or any team) has a shot at getting to Championship weekend.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Not any team. In '12 Loyola went 4 of 24 on faceoffs for the weekend and won it all.
Their D was pretty unbelievable.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Do you think that a team can do it in the shot clock era?
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Suitcase

Post by Suitcase »

FWIW , will lynch went 15/22 in their first meeting and Hoyas won
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 9:35 am Do you think that a team can do it in the shot clock era?
uva already has.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

SkipPass wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:52 am Sensitive bunch. To say this team doesn’t have to personnel is absurd. The roster is full of 4 and 5 star recruits with a very solid goalie. The issue in 21, 23 & 24 in the quarters can be attributed to the over reliance on one FOGO who when out/injured puts the team at a significant disadvantage. It needs to be addressed if the team (or any team) has a shot at getting to Championship weekend.
Says it’s absurd to say that personnel is an issue then says the issue is that they don’t have the personnel. 🙄
SkipPass

Post by SkipPass »

rolldodge wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:24 am
SkipPass wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:52 am Sensitive bunch. To say this team doesn’t have to personnel is absurd. The roster is full of 4 and 5 star recruits with a very solid goalie. The issue in 21, 23 & 24 in the quarters can be attributed to the over reliance on one FOGO who when out/injured puts the team at a significant disadvantage. It needs to be addressed if the team (or any team) has a shot at getting to Championship weekend.
Says it’s absurd to say that personnel is an issue then says the issue is that they don’t have the personnel. 🙄
You’re obtuse. 4 FOGOs on the roster.
chuckbuckthecanuck

Post by chuckbuckthecanuck »

Rolldodge,

You remind me of Hoyaboy, regardless of agreement or disagreement you are always a gentleman.

I don’t think that SkipPass was contradicting himself. My interpretation of his post is that personnel refers to the quality of players that GU recruits and who get on the field.

I believe his point, which is also mine, is that Warne came late to the realization that a strong face-off man is essential. It was only in recent years that he had two excellent players at this position.

Also, face offs (ND is an excellent example), are similar to a defense works and work as a team unit. Georgetown under Warne never had a bunch decent to very good face-off middies who could work in a rotation or if the number 1 guy was out. As was the case in the last few years, if the number 1 guy goes down the Hoyas are in a tough position.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

SkipPass wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:47 am
rolldodge wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:24 am
You’re obtuse. 4 FOGOs on the roster.
You know full well that when we are talking about personnel needed to make a final four it’s not just about numbers.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

chuckbuckthecanuck wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:49 am Rolldodge,

You remind me of Hoyaboy, regardless of agreement or disagreement you are always a gentleman.

I don’t think that SkipPass was contradicting himself. My interpretation of his post is that personnel refers to the quality of players that GU recruits and who get on the field.

I believe his point, which is also mine, is that Warne came late to the realization that a strong face-off man is essential. It was only in recent years that he had two excellent players at this position.

Also, face offs (ND is an excellent example), are similar to a defense works and work as a team unit. Georgetown under Warne never had a bunch decent to very good face-off middies who could work in a rotation or if the number 1 guy was out. As was the case in the last few years, if the number 1 guy goes down the Hoyas are in a tough position.
How is this any different than my initial assertion that the Hoyas are 1 or 2 players away from having what it takes to get to Memorial Day?
chuckbuckthecanuck

rolldodge wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 3:17 pm

How is this any different than my initial assertion that the Hoyas are 1 or 2 players away from having what it takes to get to Memorial Day?
Didn't you reference that they could use a couple of studs including 1 on attack. Are you inferring that the 1-2 players that would bring GU to the final 4 are 2 very good back up face-off men?
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

chuckbuckthecanuck wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 3:36 pm

Didn't you reference that they could use a couple of studs including 1 on attack. Are you inferring that the 1-2 players that would bring GU to the final 4 are 2 very good back up face-off men?
My point was that they always seem to be missing a piece. Whether that be a stud attackman or something else. They do get good recruits, but it’s still just a step below what some of the top teams get. Maybe if they had recruited better at face off, getting Ball out of the transfer portal would have been a nice second option.
HGK

Post by HGK »

chuckbuckthecanuck wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 3:36 pm

Rolldodge is extremely well versed in the game and the Hoyas program. You know perfectly well he didn’t mean back up fogos were what gets Hoyas over the hump.
chuckbuckthecanuck

I know he does and Rolldodge gave a sound response to a respectful question....I don't think that he needs a translator.
HGK

Post by HGK »

chuckbuckthecanuck wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 4:22 pm I know he does and Rolldodge gave a sound response to a respectful question....I don't think that he needs a translator.
My response was more in regard to the backup fogos comment. Agree he doesn’t need a translator as this entire thread is in the same language.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

HGK wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:21 pm
chuckbuckthecanuck wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 4:22 pm I know he does and Rolldodge gave a sound response to a respectful question....I don't think that he needs a translator.
My response was more in regard to the backup fogos comment. Agree he doesn’t need a translator as this entire thread is in the same language.
This thread is a dead end to discuss the pros and cons of GU and its season. Too many trolls.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Jldlax wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:41 pm
HGK wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:21 pm
This thread is a dead end to discuss the pros and cons of GU and its season. Too many trolls.
And not cool trolls like this one.

https://youtu.be/WPXGj4TMkJ8?si=1anBJ8Wv3pqGrscS
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

I don't remember either having an EMO opportunity.
The Flyers' alum all had excellent games.
First 5 faceoffs were dogfights until leg injury to Hoya.
Goalie play was weird with spectacular saves and goals allowed on shots that seemed could have been saves
Turnout was excellent.
Fun day at the Shuart.
24DJNCAAMLAX.jpg
24DJNCAAMLAX.jpg (195.44 KiB) Viewed 307 times
The parent, not the coach.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”