Voting

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: Voting

Post by ggait »

So let's make it harder for 52% of citizens to vote. In order to deter the alleged 0.00001% of alleged non-citizen voters.

Sounds reasonable and appropriate. I'm sure there's no ulterior motive behind Rep. Roy's proposed legislation.

FYI, Rep. Roy was up to his eyeballs in the Big Lie and the J6 attempted overturn. Dude is a champion of democracy.

YA -- remember to stretch before today's goose stepping workout. You wouldn't want to pull a hammy.

The SAVE Act, introduced by GOP Rep. Chip Roy of Texas in May, would require most individuals to have a passport to register to vote.

Only about 48% of U.S. citizens have a passport, according to State Department data. Driver’s license and tribal ID cards typically do not prove a person’s citizenship and couldn’t be used to register under the SAVE Act.

Data also indicates that noncitizen voting is not a prevalent issue, as many House Republicans have said.

According to The Associated Press, states such as North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona, California, and Texas reviewed their voter rolls between 2016 and 2022. These audits found that fewer than 50 noncitizens in each state had voted in recent elections, out of upwards of 23 million total votes per state.

https://missouriindependent.com/2024/07 ... ral-races/
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Reading is fundamental: https://bipartisanpolicy.org/blog/five- ... -save-act/

The SAVE Act amends the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (NVRA) by introducing a requirement for individuals to provide proof of U.S. citizenship when registering to vote in federal elections. Eligible documents include a REAL ID-compliant identification indicating U.S. citizenship; a valid U.S. passport, military ID and service record; a government-issued photo ID showing U.S. birthplace; or a government-issued photo ID that does not indicate birthplace or citizenship and a valid secondary document.

Thanks for proving the point, that you do not believe the demographic(s) you say you want to protect, are incapable to provide a government issued photo ID. Moreso, as millions enter our country and their NIL can be used to vote via paper ballot and never be traced back them....b/c no one knows where the hell they are.

The goose stepping is really helping with my posture, not to mention it does not bother my Achilles Tendinopathy
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... republiCONs always up to the same old tricks. :roll: If security of the vote was the real goal, there would be only federal IDs that would be allowed and obtaining one would be free! "government issue photo ID" is another way of saying state ID and corrupt state's can play their usual games to suppress the vote.

This bill is just a republiCON political stunt. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

REAL ID makes it easier to vote, ...& to travel, to establish proof of residence (for benefits), & to establish identity, nationality & veterans status.

It enhances security & assures law enforcement whenever encountered.

It does not make it harder to vote, it makes it easier.
Just include your ID # on a ballot request & your signature can be matched with the signature you electronically recorded when you got the REAL ID card. Your address on the ballot request can be matched to the address on your REAL ID.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:23 pm REAL ID makes it easier to vote, ...& to travel, to establish proof of residence (for benefits), & to establish identity, nationality & veterans status.

Just include your ID # on a ballot request & your signature can be matched with the signature you electronically recorded when you got the REAL ID card. Your address on the ballot request can be matched to the address on your REAL ID.
... real ID is a federal standard. I am big fan of real ID. It is not free as far as I know. States are allowed to charge fees for the ID.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ggait

Post by ggait »

YA — please provide data on how many people possess those other identity documents. I believe not that many.

Which is why my cite says “most” people would end up registering via passport.

You MAGAs think we are too dumb to figure out your motives? The data from Kansas and AZ are clear that thousands of citizens could not register to vote.

Heil!!!!

GFY!!!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:23 pm REAL ID makes it easier to vote, ...& to travel, to establish proof of residence (for benefits), & to establish identity, nationality & veterans status.

Report: Trump commission did not find widespread voter fraud

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politi ... oter-fraud

https://kb.osu.edu/server/api/core/bits ... 2a/content

You and people like you want less voter participation. You don’t have to hide it. Just say what it is.
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:03 pm

You and people like you want less voter participation. You don’t have to hide it. Just say what it is.
The pusillanimous insincerity is irksome.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

The pusillanimous insincerity is irksome.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
ggait

Post by ggait »

The goose stepping is really helping with my posture, not to mention it does not bother my Achilles Tendinopathy

I was hobbled with that, on and off, for like 18 months. Was stuck in a long term cycle of partial healing (Alfredson protocol) and then re-injury. Incredibly frustrating.

Finally broke out of the rut by wearing a $20 Cho-pat achilles tendon stap 24/7. Never had any further problem or re-injury.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

I want to reduce the opportunity for voter fraud while enhancing our national security in several ways & making it possible to enforce our immigration laws. Lack of the ability to readily & reliably prove identity & citizenship serves your agenda in several ways. Just say what it is.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:52 pm

I want to reduce the opportunity for voter fraud while enhancing our national security in several ways & making it possible to enforce our immigration laws. Lack of the ability to readily & reliably prove identity & citizenship serves your agenda in several ways. Just say what it is.
You are pro voter suppression. Bring back the poll tax. MAGA.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Trolling. You don't care. YA doesn't care. The Republicans don't care.

For the 100th time: are you cats telling us that you're SO stupid that you honestly think that voter fraud is happening, and yet your'e not DEMANDING in-person voting ONLY, Real ID in hand, with police at every entrance and exit?

Yeah, you're not that dumb.

You're gaslighting.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:40 am

For the 100th time: are you cats telling us that you're SO stupid that you honestly think that voter fraud is happening, and yet your'e not DEMANDING in-person voting ONLY, Real ID in hand, with police at every entrance and exit?

You're gaslighting.
your REAL ID # can filled in on the ballot request & on the mail in ballot

Your signature is electronically stored on your REAL ID card.

the ID# & signature can be automatically compared with the REAL ID database.

How does the perfect voting state on CO verify the identity of every voter ?
How does CO verify the nationality of every voter on the voter rolls ?

Saying that it's illegal is not an affirmative verification of identity or citizenship.

Put the dancing drop boxes next to the NGO migrant shelters. What could go wrong ?
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:42 am
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:40 am

You're gaslighting.
your REAL ID # can filled in on the ballot request & on the mail in ballot

Your signature is electronically stored on your REAL ID card.

the ID# & signature can be automatically compared with the REAL ID database.

How does the perfect voting state on CO verify the identity of every voter ?
How does CO verify the nationality of every voter on the voter rolls ?

Saying that it's illegal is not an affirmative verification of identity or citizenship.

Put the dancing drop boxes next to the NGO migrant shelters. What could go wrong ?
You should see my signature today versus 8 years ago…

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/r ... oter-fraud

You want less Americans voting, not more.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad