Connecticut 2024

HS Boys Lacrosse
Mike75

Re: Connecticut 2024

Post by Mike75 »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:40 pm Darien 9-7 over New Canaan
Prep 10-7 over Ridgefield

So #1 v #2 seed for all 4 championships Sunday
Thought NC was going to double up in boys and girls this year. Looks like I was wrong. Still take the NC girls in the finals. Defense and goalie are too good.

Prep over Ridgefield is not surprising, but I expected Prep to win by more. I'll take Prep over Darien in the finals.
justanotherperson

Post by justanotherperson »

Good luck to everyone on Sunday. Weather should be OK. WIth the tournament mostly chalk, does anyone have any predictions?

LL: Best game is prep v darien in a pick 'em (prep by 2)
M: 2nd best game with JB v DH in a pick 'em (slight upset with DH by 1)
S: New fairfield should beat somers (NF by 4)
L: Cheshire should beat St Joes (cheshire by 6)

My track record is not great so thank goodness I am not in the prediction business.
Greg29

Post by Greg29 »

justanotherperson wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:04 am Good luck to everyone on Sunday. Weather should be OK. WIth the tournament mostly chalk, does anyone have any predictions?

LL: Best game is prep v darien in a pick 'em (prep by 2)
M: 2nd best game with JB v DH in a pick 'em (slight upset with DH by 1)
S: New fairfield should beat somers (NF by 4)
L: Cheshire should beat St Joes (cheshire by 6)

My track record is not great so thank goodness I am not in the prediction business.
Prep
Cheshire
Barlow
New Fairfield
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Hand gets off the snide! Finally gets their first state title with the win over Barlow, 6-4. New Fairfield pitches a donut, shutting out Somers 7-0.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Cheshire downs St. Joe’s in what was, for me, a shockingly close 13-12 game. They win the state title that they planned on getting by playing in L but man, almost an all time upset.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

And finally Prep over Darien 9-7, hell of a year for the Jesuits, extremely strong and poised in close games.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

pcowlax wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:58 pm Hand gets off the snide! Finally gets their first state title with the win over Barlow, 6-4.
Despite the benefits afforded by going to 4 classes - Happy that the Tigers finally booked a title only 48 years after starting the program (and 11 tries including 4 shots during the pre-CIAC era)- four dads of current players played for the Tigers during those 48 years and happy for them, too!! :D

Also sad to see Jeff Brameier continuing to deal with health issues - here's hoping he feels better soon. After speaking with him before the game yesterday he is not planning on retirement. To his credit - he stood and shook hands with every Prep player and coach at the end of the game.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:55 am
pcowlax wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:58 pm Hand gets off the snide! Finally gets their first state title with the win over Barlow, 6-4.
Despite the benefits afforded by going to 4 classes - Happy that the Tigers finally booked a title only 48 years after starting the program (and 11 tries including 4 shots during the pre-CIAC era)- four dads of current players played for the Tigers during those 48 years and happy for them, too!! :D

Also sad to see Jeff Brameier continuing to deal with health issues - here's hoping he feels better soon. After speaking with him before the game yesterday he is not planning on retirement. To his credit - he stood and shook hands with every Prep player and coach at the end of the game.
+1
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”