Athletes Unlimited 2022

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Mrs@inthe8m

Re: Athletes Unlimited 2022

Post by Mrs@inthe8m »

Personally, I could do without the 2 point goals and think assists should be worth more than 4 points...
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

Mrs@inthe8m wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:48 am Personally, I could do without the 2 point goals and think assists should be worth more than 4 points...
Totally agree on assists, there is no reason they should not be 6 or 8 points.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

Does anyone know if players can be dropped and added to the league as the season goes on? Minus players who may have been injured.
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

TNLAX wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:05 am Does anyone know if players can be dropped and added to the league as the season goes on? Minus players who may have been injured.
Don 't think so, unless the player can't play because of injury or unexpected personal circumstances. If last year is any guess.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

LaxFan2000 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:20 am
TNLAX wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:05 am Does anyone know if players can be dropped and added to the league as the season goes on? Minus players who may have been injured.
Don 't think so, unless the player can't play because of injury or unexpected personal circumstances. If last year is any guess.
Thanks. I think they need to have a better way to add and remove players from active rosters each week like other leagues and sports. I watch occasionally and enjoy the product, just not sure the bottom half of the talent in the league is as strong as it could be. But having women commit time to play must be an issue as well.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Mrs@inthe8m wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:32 am the degree to which Ortega fans appear so bitter about North's success is also odd to me.
I find this comment curious. Where is it that you see “bitterness“? There are posts on this board occasionally asserting that Ortega is a better attacker or that she should have won the Tewaaraton, but none of those could fairly be characterized as being “bitter.”

Perhaps you are referring to other parts of social media. If there has been bitterness expressed elsewhere, I haven’t seen it. But I’m not a heavy consumer of social media.

In fact, I really wouldn’t say there are many posts on this site from people who appear to be “Ortega fans.” Here and there, to be sure, and some around FF and Tewaaraton time, but nothing remotely approaching the quantity of posts about North.
Mrs@inthe8m

Post by Mrs@inthe8m »

njbill wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:01 pm
Mrs@inthe8m wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:32 am the degree to which Ortega fans appear so bitter about North's success is also odd to me.
I find this comment curious. Where is it that you see “bitterness“? There are posts on this board occasionally asserting that Ortega is a better attacker or that she should have won the Tewaaraton, but none of those could fairly be characterized as being “bitter.”

Perhaps you are referring to other parts of social media. If there has been bitterness expressed elsewhere, I haven’t seen it. But I’m not a heavy consumer of social media.

In fact, I really wouldn’t say there are many posts on this site from people who appear to be “Ortega fans.” Here and there, to be sure, and some around FF and Tewaaraton time, but nothing remotely approaching the quantity of posts about North.
That comment probably comes across with a broader brush than I intended. Stating one player is better than another, or deserves an award or Team USA spot more, is not being bitter. Taking digs at one player when expressing your preference for and support of another does come across as bitter. I've noticed it on this forum - could just be one individual, I'm not keeping track - as well as on social media enough that I perceived a pattern. I am going to delete the comment because I don't want to contribute to negative dialogue related to a specific player.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Welcome, new fan.
My buddy, Mr. Scoffed At, stopped by today and wlax absolutely has a new fan. Grow the game!! He had watched the first game and it's just too funny to listen to him talk excitedly about wlax and the game. There are many years in the coming there. Gilbert has really caught his eye, can't say as I find that surprising. Becca Block too, not surprising either. North too but not seen as the best out there. Still no surprises.
So wlax has a new fan of the casual variety. He, like most of the rest of the coveted casuals, will soon have all kinds of ways to improve the game no doubt (sixes anyone?). They come at a price.
Any thoughts on wlax going to a 10 v 10 game anywhere down the road?
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

DMac wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:44 pm Welcome, new fan.
My buddy, Mr. Scoffed At, stopped by today and wlax absolutely has a new fan. Grow the game!! He had watched the first game and it's just too funny to listen to him talk excitedly about wlax and the game. There are many years in the coming there. Gilbert has really caught his eye, can't say as I find that surprising. Becca Block too, not surprising either. North too but not seen as the best out there. Still no surprises.
So wlax has a new fan of the casual variety. He, like most of the rest of the coveted casuals, will soon have all kinds of ways to improve the game no doubt (sixes anyone?). They come at a price.
Any thoughts on wlax going to a 10 v 10 game anywhere down the road?
I have been an advocate of going this route for a long long time. I was also an advocate of limiting the number of women at the draw circle to 6. Most would think this was a good move by the rules committee a few years back when they made the change.

My thinking is that 10 x 10, assuming that you will limit offensive players to 6 n defensive to 6, compared to 7 x 7 now, is that you open up space and allow the offense to be more creative and allow the better athletes, both defense and offense to shine. I also think by going 6 x 6 in the offensive zone, you penalize a team that commits a foul more (yellow card) 6 x 5, I think allows the offense a greater opportunity than 7 x 6.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I'd bet that the long time wlax base is opposed to this (insert inexorable again) as it inches wlax ever closer to mlax. Mrs@'s daughter aint gonna be happy about that (one of many). Yes, the fustercluck that was the draw with damn near the entire cavalry fighting for the ball in yesteryear's game was awful and needed changing, I was very much in favor of the 3 v 3 at the draw too and it's proven to be a real good change. I think the 10 v 10, 6 v 6 at each end will happen eventually (and not in the distant future) and I do like it for all the reasons you noted. Gotta love how those casual fans improve your game for you, eh ladies. :lol:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Pregame entertainment.
113+ mil views later, Beyonce who?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6X0PqIWfzQ
DMac

Post by DMac »

Pretty fast break. Kent opens the scoring on another assist from Halle (coulda scored).
Kennendy's speed brings the ball downfield.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Sammy Jo ties it.
Game on.
DMac

Post by DMac »

5-1 Arsenault, end of 1.
Johansen a little too in love with that 2 point shot.
DMac

Post by DMac »

7-4 Arsenault at the half.
Johansen would be up if pipe shots counted.
DMac

Post by DMac »

10-5 Arsenault, end of 3.
Halle's been really fun to watch today, think she's got 2 and 2 (might have 3 As) all of the pretty sweet variety.
Team Johansen's shot selection not so good today.
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:57 pm 10-5 Arsenault, end of 3.
Halle's been really fun to watch today, think she's got 2 and 2 (might have 3 As) all of the pretty sweet variety.
Team Johansen's shot selection not so good today.
Really impressed with Team Arsenault today. Kennedy is a blazer! Halle's vision is really something to watch. Impressed with Water's bounce-back performance today. Dempsey is a jack of all trades! Fun stuff!
DMac

Post by DMac »

We're told Gilbert is the fastest out there but I'm not so sure of that, Kennedy is indeed a blazer.
11-7 final but it seemed as if Arsenault dominated more than that score would lead you to believe.
Arsenault's D made things really tough on Johansen all day.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, 5-1 Mareno over Apuzzo end of 1.
Team Mareno looking good, Apuzzo O sputtering.
Mrs@inthe8m

Post by Mrs@inthe8m »

DMac wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:22 am I'd bet that the long time wlax base is opposed to this (insert inexorable again) as it inches wlax ever closer to mlax. Mrs@'s daughter aint gonna be happy about that (one of many). Yes, the fustercluck that was the draw with damn near the entire cavalry fighting for the ball in yesteryear's game was awful and needed changing, I was very much in favor of the 3 v 3 at the draw too and it's proven to be a real good change. I think the 10 v 10, 6 v 6 at each end will happen eventually (and not in the distant future) and I do like it for all the reasons you noted. Gotta love how those casual fans improve your game for you, eh ladies. :lol:
10v10 is actually a rule change Mrs@‘s daughter would support as a college wlax improvement. Don’t go changing the women’s game simply for the sake of making men’s and women’s the same, though!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”