Hobart 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Hobart 2022

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxfan1234 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:20 pm This is pure conjecture about O’Hara but…seems like a possible motive would be to start the “play 4 in 5 years” clock later. Would seem to make sense if that was part of his plan based on COVID/returning seniors etc.
Absolutely, hence “not sure” but we do know he was added right before season started long after all the other fy had been on the roster. We do also know Messere had stated he wouldn’t deal with Hobart again after BJ was let go. That’s super common knowledge along with zero W Genny kids for a long long time.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

West Genesee has appointed Eric Burns as the new HC of the boys varsity lacrosse team. He is a 2001 grad of Hobart and has been coaching WG's JV team the past few years. WG certainly is a high profile program that has struggled a bit the past few years. Sophomore Anthony Datellas is the first player from WG in a while. Incoming (legacy) player Alex Rosa is another WG alum. Maybe the path to Geneva has been re-opened?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Knox listed on just released Ohio State
roster ————->

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m- ... ason-knox/
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

sean fox '84 has passed. very good guy, stayed in the game. ran brine for awhile, elder statesman coordinator, 3d lacrosse. too soon.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:52 pm sean fox '84 has passed. very good guy, stayed in the game. ran brine for awhile, elder statesman coordinator, 3d lacrosse. too soon.
Was he related to MIke Fox who graduated around 1990?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:53 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:52 pm sean fox '84 has passed. very good guy, stayed in the game. ran brine for awhile, elder statesman coordinator, 3d lacrosse. too soon.
i don't know.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:56 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:53 pm
i don't know.
We have a great 80s alum who I haven’t seen around here in quite a while named Kevin Martin whom I believe was 83 and must've known him. I’m a whole different generation. Shane though because anyone from 84 is too young to die.
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

Alex Begina, A, Ramapo, NJ & Patriot lacrosse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j3mP_MDtdo
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

GeneralBart wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:30 pm Alex Begina, A, Ramapo, NJ & Patriot lacrosse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j3mP_MDtdo
Going to be interesting as that is the 5th NJ recruit in the class of 22 (Rovere, Wilson, Schoefield & Amoruso). Doesn’t mean anything just interesting as I can’t recall us having near half a class of more from the garden state.

There’s another 21 midfielder from Hun named Randall Brown. Started at Shipley in PA.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Sean Fox, RIP...and no, he was not related to the other Fox. Sean came to Hobart with a bunch of other great guys from Cortland: Kevin & Mike Martin, Joe Reagan, John Sipher...not to mention Kelly Martin(standout WS athletic career). Sean played and then coached for a year at Hobart; from there he worked in Manhattan, Reebok, Pres of Brine, Pres of Crocs, and always coached & played lax in some capacity until he was running 3d lacrosse out of Denver. He will be missed by all....
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

IL lists Max Snellenberg, Attack from John Carroll near Baltimore as a '22 commit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKx88S27DmI

First recruit in a while from the MIAA A conference -- Landon is in the IAC [DC area] although they play quite a few teams in the MIAA.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Barthelme played at St. Pauls in the MIAA.. I believe the last player before that was Matt Opshal. Either way, Glad to see we are in there recruiting.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

oldbartman wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:23 pm Barthelme played at St. Pauls in the MIAA.. I believe the last player before that was Matt Opshal. Either way, Glad to see we are in there recruiting.
Chris David at GT Prep? Gavin Llewelyn? Daniel Keegan.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Do we have any goalies coming in besides Ellis Wilson in 22?
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:03 pm Do we have any goalies coming in besides Ellis Wilson in 22?
Nope
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Oh and how Raymond must surely regret benching Holtby not at any point in the regular season down the stretch where he started to struggle but rather wait until the NEC playoffs w about 3-4 min left for a unproven Sr.

Now we’ve got a shaken Holtby, LP from Severn by Furman and Liam Ohara who was a walk on while probably trying to figure out how to make college free for Ellis Wilson next fall so as to make sure he comes.

Shame is Bland may have been a top 2-3 recruit in this class as well. Unless the author is wrong which given the top 10 note is probably the case...

Island's young lacrosse stars set for NLL draft
Cleve Dheensaw / Times Colonist
AUGUST 27, 2021 10:12 PM

TC_338834_web_Adam-Bland.jpg
Adam Bland of Langford is among several Island players expected to be chosen in today’s NLL draft. SUBMITTED
Adam Bland of Langford, ­considered the lacrosse ­goaltender of the future in B.C., was facing a tough decision. He made it, turning his back on the U.S. ­collegiate NCAA field version of the sport and declaring a year early for the professional National Lacrosse League draft.
The 2021 NLL draft will be conducted today at KeyBank Center in Buffalo.
article continues below

Bland, who still has two seasons remaining with the Victoria Junior Shamrocks, had committed to Hobart College in upstate New York, which cracked the NCAA top-10 last year. But being drafted by the pro NLL will make him ineligible for the NCAA.
“It was a tough decision to forfeit NCAA eligibility and focus totally on box lacrosse,” said Bland.
“I will start in political ­science at Camosun College and then transfer to UVic and, hopefully, go to law school. I will still be focusing on school.”
Bland came up through Juan de Fuca minor lacrosse. He attended Royal Bay Secondary, which has a lacrosse academy, until relocating in Grade 12 to Blue Ridge School, a Saint George, Virginia, prep academy known for producing NCAA Div. 1 players in basketball, ­football and lacrosse.
Bland said he has no idea where he will go today in the draft or where.
“I have no expectations,” he said.
“I am hoping for any ­opportunity and I will be happy wherever I go. To be able to be considered a professional would be quite an honour. The NLL is expanding, including with star-studded owners in Las Vegas like Wayne Gretzky, Steve Nash and Dustin Johnson. It’s really cool and exciting.”
The NLL plays in several NHL and NBA arenas, not that the money in the NLL is anything remotely close to the NHL or NBA.
“I just love lacrosse,” said Bland, indicating his passion for the sport trumps all.
“I’ll see what happens. I’m not sure when I’ll go and it’s definitely nerve-wracking. But draft day is also an exciting time in life in any sport.”
The other Junior Shamrocks eligible for the 2021 NLL draft are Owen Russell, Max Wilson, Caleb Kuber, Liam Phillips and Ryan Atkinson.
Bland deflected all the credit to those teammates.
“Those guys in front of me drive me to play well,” he said.
The expansion Panther City Lacrosse Club of Fort Worth, Texas, is picking first today in the six-round NLL draft, with New York second, Rochester third, Vancouver fourth and San Diego fifth. The rest in order is Calgary, Colorado, Philadelphia, Georgia, Buffalo, Toronto, Halifax, Saskatchewan and Albany.
Jonathan Donville from the Brooklin, Ont., junior lacrosse team and Cornell of the NCAA is the top-rated player for the draft, according to the Stamper’s Top-50 site. The site ranks Thomas Vaesen of the Nanaimo Junior Timbermen at No. 4.
[email protected]
Laxfan1234

Post by Laxfan1234 »

Nice article about the passing of Sean Fox.
https://www.golocalprov.com/obituaries/ ... ael-Fox-of
Laxfan1234

Post by Laxfan1234 »

NLL draft update:
Bland went in the 4th round, 53rd overall to Calgary. Would’ve been a nice addition to the roster. Best of luck to him.

Yanko went in the 6th round, 82nd overall, also to Calgary. Great to see he gets a chance to play pro lacrosse!

https://www.nll.com/news/2021-nll-entry ... e-results/
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Laxfan1234 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:11 pm NLL draft update:
Bland went in the 4th round, 53rd overall to Calgary. Would’ve been a nice addition to the roster. Best of luck to him.

Yanko went in the 6th round, 82nd overall, also to Calgary. Great to see he gets a chance to play pro lacrosse!

https://www.nll.com/news/2021-nll-entry ... e-results/
Calgary got a steal in Yanko. According to IL's Stephen Stamp, he was a top 50 player in the draft. Interesting how a lot of teams went with American players with little or n experience playing box. I expect to see him on the floor. Hope to see Ty play against Bryan Hancock who's signed with the Panther City team.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Congrats to our '22 recruit, Collin Rovere, for making 22 man USA Select U-18 team! THe team will be playing in the Brogden Cup in mid -October as part of the USA Lacrosse Fall Classic.

https://www.usalacrosse.com/news-media- ... mzmkH53AO0

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”