Boston College

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Boston College

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Lax101 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:29 pm Such an exciting player to watch on both ends of the field. Rare to see a true two way middy who has great offensive skills. Will be fun to watch her develop as a player. She got better and better as the year went on.
You said it. She did indeed get better as the year went on. Her leadership was apparent, and most especially in the last weekend. A fierce defender who went after tentative attackers like a shark. Tough as nails. And fearless in her drives to cage. This will be her team in ‘23.

Watch how deftly she picks Meaghan Tyrrell's pocket here in the title game as she drives to cage and then takes a cross check from younger Tyrrell and a knee from the elder after she scoops the GB and heads upfield. (the clip ends after the fouls but Smith got off the ground and continued playing the rest of the game). (As an aside, it's humorous to see Meaghan flailing her hair to try and draw a foul though Smith's stick came nowhere near her head.)

Then this beauty of a CTO in the semifinal:

OuttaNowhereWregget

Three incoming Eagles were selected to play in the Under Armour All-America game tomorrow at Homewood Field. Mallory Hasselbeck, Summer Agostino and Mckenna Davis. I'm almost positive the game will be broadcast nationally on ESPNU at 5:30pm.

Mallory Hasselbeck

Summer Agostino

Mckenna Davis
BCGold

Post by BCGold »

Good stuff, hopefully the game is on
OuttaNowhereWregget

BCGold wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:47 pm Good stuff, hopefully the game is on
Confirmed. 5:30 pm on ESPNU. And nary a rain cloud in the forecast.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

ONW...I do not think the Hasselbeck girl is playing today. I think she has an injury and will not be participating.
I was told this by friends, whose daughter will be playing today.
OuttaNowhereWregget

LarryGamLax wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:52 am ONW...I do not think the Hasselbeck girl is playing today. I think she has an injury and will not be participating.
Thanks Larry. You may well be correct. I know Mallory suffered a brutal injury the last time she played in the All-America game ironically enough, tearing her MCL, ACL, and meniscus* but has been rehabbing successfully since. All three of the next Big Three (I'm kidding--although, who knows) Hasselbeck, Summer Agostino and Mckenna Davis all posted the same picture on social media yesterday of the three of them wearing Under Armour All-America game jersey's: Hasselbeck 24, Agostino 6 and Davis 22.

BC's social media had this message: "Wishing good luck to incoming Eagles Mallory Hasselbeck, Summer Agostino and Mckenna Davis, who were selected to play in the Under Armour All-America game tomorrow at 5:30pm at Homewood Field!"

Which isn't conclusive as to whether or not Hasselbeck will play.

I guess we'll know for sure at 5:30 today. Probably wise not to push it, especially with Fall Ball right around the corner, but these young women are intrepid. Liza Elder and Morgan Alexander come to mind. Sometimes the fever is so high, no injury can keep them off the field.

* https://bvmsports.com/2020/12/29/mallor ... ommitment/
OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:25 am
LarryGamLax wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:52 am ONW...I do not think the Hasselbeck girl is playing today. I think she has an injury and will not be participating.
Thanks Larry. You may well be correct. I know Mallory suffered a brutal injury the last time she played in the All-America game ironically enough, tearing her MCL, ACL, and meniscus* but has been rehabbing successfully since. All three of the next Big Three (I'm kidding--although, who knows) Hasselbeck, Summer Agostino and Mckenna Davis all posted the same picture on social media yesterday of the three of them wearing Under Armour All-America game jersey's: Hasselbeck 24, Agostino 6 and Davis 22.

BC's social media had this message: "Wishing good luck to incoming Eagles Mallory Hasselbeck, Summer Agostino and Mckenna Davis, who were selected to play in the Under Armour All-America game tomorrow at 5:30pm at Homewood Field!"

Which isn't conclusive as to whether or not Hasselbeck will play.

I guess we'll know for sure at 5:30 today. Probably wise not to push it, especially with Fall Ball right around the corner, but these young women are intrepid. Liza Elder and Morgan Alexander come to mind. Sometimes the fever is so high, no injury can keep them off the field.

* https://bvmsports.com/2020/12/29/mallor ... ommitment/
Also not conclusive, but Mallory Hasselbeck is on the roster:

NORTH
Attack

Rachel Clark, Conestoga (Pa.)
Mckenna Davis, Canandaigua Academy (N.Y.)
Alexis Lauricella, St. John Vianney (N.J.)
Emma LoPinto, Manhasset (N.Y.)
Shira Parower, Staples (Conn.)

Attack/Midfield

Brooke Hoss, Sayville (N.Y.)

Midfield

Summer Agostino, Ward Melville (N.Y.)
McKenzie Blake, Haddonfield (N.J.)
Chase Boyle, Rumson Fair Haven (N.J.)
Samantha Forrest, Glastonbury (Conn.)
Kylie Gelabert, Victor (N.Y.)
Natasha Gorriaran, Moses Brown (R.I.)
Mallory Hasselbeck, The Rivers School (Mass.)
Jordyn Lipkin, Millburn (N.J.)
Maddigan Miller, Bayport-Blue Point (N.Y.)
Nina Montes, St. Ignatius College Prep (Ill.)
Olivia Pikiell, Ridge (N.J.)
Grace Weigand, Regis Jesuit (Colo.)

Defense

Celeste Forte, Eastport-South Manor (N.Y.)
McKenna Harden, New Canaan (Conn.)
Margaret Lawler, Moorestown (N.J.
Alexis Niblock, Bayport-Blue Point (N.Y.)

Goalie

Kennedy Everson, Phillips Academy Andover (Mass.)
Tia Reaman, Phillips Exeter (N.H.)

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/high-sch ... ls-rosters
OuttaNowhereWregget

From BC's Twitter feed. Caption reads... Next Stop: Chestnut Hill (That's Beantown to us native borned 😉)

l to r: Mallory Hasselbeck; asst coach Jennifer Kent; Summer Agostino; Mckenna Davis
BCGold

Post by BCGold »

Great pic!

Saw Coach Kent with lots of other big name coaches watching their future stars from the stands

Summer Agostino is crazy fast and aggressive, luv her style of play

McKenna Davis is always where the action is fighting for the ball, relentless when defending, looked really good, both her and Summer appear to have high lac IQ’s

Mallory Hasselbeck obv didn’t play, but said she’d be ready for Fall ball. U can tell by her interview and how energetic she is on the sidelines firing up her teammates that she’ll be a great addition.
Of course being the #1 recruit nationally doesn’t hurt either
OuttaNowhereWregget

BCGold wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:57 am Great pic!

Saw Coach Kent with lots of other big name coaches watching their future stars from the stands

Summer Agostino is crazy fast and aggressive, luv her style of play

McKenna Davis is always where the action is fighting for the ball, relentless when defending, looked really good, both her and Summer appear to have high lac IQ’s

Mallory Hasselbeck obv didn’t play, but said she’d be ready for Fall ball. U can tell by her interview and how energetic she is on the sidelines firing up her teammates that she’ll be a great addition.
Of course being the #1 recruit nationally doesn’t hurt either
Looks like BC is going to have a very deep bench next year. Is it a strategy to wear out the opponent with fresh, speedy, aggressive, talented players off the bench?

MH seemed to have real presence and maturity during the sideline interview. Not to mention an imposing 5' 9" frame.
Yes, MD wasn't shy about sticking her nose right into the middle of the action. And Agostino--a very deep bench indeed!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I think Agostino might be the most Division 1-ready of these three. I'd guess she gets a lot of minutes early in the season.
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:56 am I think Agostino might be the most Division 1-ready of these three. I'd guess she gets a lot of minutes early in the season.
Sounds like the Eagles won’t miss #26 as much. Looking forward to seeing Summer play next winter.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:23 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:56 am I think Agostino might be the most Division 1-ready of these three. I'd guess she gets a lot of minutes early in the season.
Sounds like the Eagles won’t miss #26 as much. Looking forward to seeing Summer play next winter.
I think that's right, but they will miss her. Her toughness and grit, as an example-setting player, seems almost impossible to replicate. But someone will step up. Barring injuries and a culture melt-down, BC should make it to Memorial Day.
OuttaNowhereWregget

seacoaster wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:41 am
I think that's right, but they will miss her. Her toughness and grit, as an example-setting player, seems almost impossible to replicate. But someone will step up. Barring injuries and a culture melt-down, BC should make it to Memorial Day.
That’s a great point. I was considering the scoring only. Urbank was also a regular on the draw circle. And a very tough cookie as you said.
laxstan8

Post by laxstan8 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:52 am
That’s a great point. I was considering the scoring only. Urbank was also a regular on the draw circle. And a very tough cookie as you said.
I think Urbank is coming back? Why are you guys saying she isn't?
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

laxstan8 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:12 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:52 am
I think Urbank is coming back? Why are you guys saying she isn't?
On the BC 2021 roster, she’s listed as a graduate student. She graduated high school in 2016, so 2020 would have been her real senior year and then this year was her Covid year. Pretty sure she’s out of eligibility
OuttaNowhereWregget

glaxer24 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:07 pm On the BC 2021 roster, she’s listed as a graduate student. She graduated high school in 2016, so 2020 would have been her real senior year and then this year was her Covid year. Pretty sure she’s out of eligibility
I've heard contradicting reports but Cara posted on her Instagram account dated March 17th 2020:

"Thank you @bostoncollege for the best 3.75 years with the best people I have been lucky to meet !!! I could not have predicted a better few years and am so lucky to call this place home and these people my family !!! #eagsforever"

I'm guessing this was before the extra year was granted due to covid. So, as you say--2021 was her last year of eligibility. Interestingly enough, Cara saw no action in 2017 though she includes it in the 3.75 years mentioned.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Cara has one more year of eligibility. She had a medical redshirt her freshman year and had the free Covid year. She is able to come back but informed her teammates that she will not do so. Good for her. She gave so much to the BC team as a player and leader. Not many players play as hard as she does. Great way to end your career - as a Natty Champ.
laxstan8

Post by laxstan8 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:33 pm
glaxer24 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:07 pm On the BC 2021 roster, she’s listed as a graduate student. She graduated high school in 2016, so 2020 would have been her real senior year and then this year was her Covid year. Pretty sure she’s out of eligibility
I've heard contradicting reports but Cara posted on her Instagram account dated March 17th 2020:

"Thank you @bostoncollege for the best 3.75 years with the best people I have been lucky to meet !!! I could not have predicted a better few years and am so lucky to call this place home and these people my family !!! #eagsforever"

I'm guessing this was before the extra year was granted due to covid. So, as you say--2021 was her last year of eligibility. Interestingly enough, Cara saw no action in 2017 though she includes it in the 3.75 years mentioned.
A bunch of her teammates comment on her posts saying "6th year" so maybe she is coming back?
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

Lax101 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:32 pm Cara has one more year of eligibility. She had a medical redshirt her freshman year and had the free Covid year. She is able to come back but informed her teammates that she will not do so. Good for her. She gave so much to the BC team as a player and leader. Not many players play as hard as she does. Great way to end your career - as a Natty Champ.
Oh okay- I wondered if her freshman year was a redshirt year because it said she did not see game action (didn’t specify her redshirting) but then played in every game her sophomore year. Thanks for the info!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”