ODAC 2020

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dehuntshigwa’es

Re: ODAC 2020

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

CNU I think is pretty good, HSC played then tough and if not for some issues in the clearing game they could have won this contest. You can’t keep turning the Ball over against an opportunistic CNU and expect to win . W&L will have to have a very good day to beat them this year.
Big Easy Lax

Post by Big Easy Lax »

... and you can't expect to win when you have ZERO man ups when the other team has 6 or 7. Questionable refs to say the least.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Big Easy Lax wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:21 pm ... and you can't expect to win when you have ZERO man ups when the other team has 6 or 7. Questionable refs to say the least.
???? CNU was only man up 4 times. That’s not why they lost, they couldn’t clear it, you are not beating anyone with 29 turnovers.
Big Easy Lax

Post by Big Easy Lax »

So then what does that say about CNU that even with 29 HSC's turnovers, they only won by a goal that was scored with a minute or so to go?
Dehuntshigwa’es

I think both are good teams you could throw a hat over. Both could be close to a top 20 ranking, 18-22 thereabouts. Both have very good coaches, where on any given day one would prevail over the other.just hope neither beats W&L who had better bring their A game when they play
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Forgot about the HSC game. Wow, good showing at CNU. Hayden and Med. combined for 7. The 29 TO’s to CNU17 does jump out. The Rigers defense must have been on their game and they did win the FO battle. They will be a tough out in ODAC.
W&L was just a total domination. From the little I saw the Generals offense was humming but reading just how down WAC appears to be...need to see more. They have all the pieces and need to run scores up on better teams knowing defense will let in more then last year..
LYN Cab was just a toe to punch fest. Went down to the wire. LYN took chances. Very aggressive on Defense and some rushed risky offensive sets. Their man ups looks great, their D & O are excellent but still need to improve at the FO.. It is their Achilles... Cab. has great shooters especially from left where a few low to high rips @ what appeared to be low angles painted corners. Cab. rode very well, were patient on offense and play very good team defense. They contained #10 but good to see offense came from a lot of players. Goal play for both OK. A top 5 team. Thinking LYN should contain YORK to improve to 2-2. They are averaging 15 goals a game against some stiff competition and these games are great teachers and motivators.
Dehuntshigwa’es

As the season unfolds and you get to see a team more than once you begin to see their strengths and weaknesses. As of now Lynchburg is the class of the ODAC. Regrettably the gap between W&L along with HSC is quite significant. Because of Hodgson they may make a game of it but Lynchburg looks real good. Cabrini game was in reach. This is an athletic team across the board that’s capable of playing fast. I’m curious after the past two games how’d they fare in a rematch with the Gulls. They might come out on top again but the Hornets look better already.
oldtimelax

Post by oldtimelax »

Very cool story on Sunday Today with Willie Geist about Roanoke lacrosse legend Bob Rotanz's bar-restaurant in Salem, VA. It's a pick-up of great story in The National. Check them out! See links below:

https://www.today.com/video/mac-and-bob ... 9267909553

http://www.amtrakthenational.com/mac-and-bobs
Nothinbutthelax

Nice piece Oldtime. Thanks for sharing.
Give and you shall receive!
FapTitan

Post by FapTitan »

While the CNU game did not fall HSC way, it did firmly establish the dangerous attack pairing for HSC in Medwar and Hayden. Medwar is leading the team with 10 G, 7 A through 3 games while shooting at an impressive 62.5%. I came into this season believing that he had potential AA written all over him and the early part of this season has helped cement that. It will be important to see how he fairs out in tougher 1v1 match ups later on in the season versus Lynchburg and W&L. That being said, if he continues at this pace there could be a lot of accolades coming his way. Oh and he's only a junior :D
Jonesy8788

Post by Jonesy8788 »

FapTitan wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:53 pm While the CNU game did not fall HSC way, it did firmly establish the dangerous attack pairing for HSC in Medwar and Hayden. Medwar is leading the team with 10 G, 7 A through 3 games while shooting at an impressive 62.5%. I came into this season believing that he had potential AA written all over him and the early part of this season has helped cement that. It will be important to see how he fairs out in tougher 1v1 match ups later on in the season versus Lynchburg and W&L. That being said, if he continues at this pace there could be a lot of accolades coming his way. Oh and he's only a junior :D
You must be a very proud father!
SouthernLax

Post by SouthernLax »

Either the dad or maybe the kids agent 😜
Laxfan69

Post by Laxfan69 »

Dominant win for hsc against a ncaa tournament team
FapTitan

Post by FapTitan »

Agree with the dominant part but don't know if we can call them a tournament team yet since they did not make it list year. The talent is there and Greensboro has been making strides in the past few years. I think they could very easily sneak into the tournament this year. Hard to knock them for losing to HSC, as HSC is a top 18-15 team this year. The attack dominated yet again. Not saying it will happen, but don't be surprised if you see Greensboro make the tournament.
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

Man I need to get my hands on what they’re smoking in FarmVille.
FapTitan

Post by FapTitan »

FXLax wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:34 pm Man I need to get my hands on what they’re smoking in FarmVille.
What are you alluding to? If you have a take, you might as well come out and say it. As someone who has watched every HSC game so far this season, as well as parts of many others across D3, I think I'm in a little better position to make points than you.
Nothinbutthelax

HSC best game was the 10-9 loss at CNU.
The wins are nice but against lower tier teams. Not bad teams but not top ranked teams.
LYN is 1-3 but what they gain in those losses will help them more then beating up on the teams HSC defeated. W&L OOC schedule also very tough and they will learn more about themselves and compete at a higher level because of it.
HSC is a top 25 - 30 team and I know LYN is certainly not overlooking them but to say Greensboro is a quality win is a stretch...
I’m looking forward to LYN vs. CNU at the Mustang Classic.
ThirdString

Post by ThirdString »

With RMC and HSC receiving votes in the poll this week. Does anyone know if there’s ever been a time four ODAC teams got votes and Roanoke (or LYN/W&L/HSC for that matter) wasn’t one of the teams?

Not a particularly difficult SOS for the Jackets but would be nice if they could stabilize as a 25-35 team.

Too bad that VaWes could never build off of the momentum from getting Currier as they have been mediocre at best since and Bridgewater has begun to slot in as the 5/6 seed team in their place.
FXLax

Post by FXLax »

Faptitan

I’m sure HSC is solid this year like they usually are but Greensboro might make the tournament? They lost to Virginia Wesleyan 13 -5 a couple weeks ago. I think their chances of making the tournament are slim to none
FapTitan

Post by FapTitan »

FXLax wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:00 pm Faptitan

I’m sure HSC is solid this year like they usually are but Greensboro might make the tournament? They lost to Virginia Wesleyan 13 -5 a couple weeks ago. I think their chances of making the tournament are slim to none
Having actually watched them play, I feel pretty confident they will make the tournament. They play in a weak conference that has an automatic bid, and could definitely take their conference this year given how much better they have gotten. They look much better than last year, and last year they only lost by 3 to the team that eventually made the NCAA tournament. The coaching level is not quite there yet with some of the top programs, but the talent itself is almost there. This makes the HSC win look good, as they dominated a team that will likely win its conference. Going forward, I would be hesitant to knock teams you have not watched play.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”