D1 Mens Lacrosse
another fan

Re: Cornell 2020

Post by another fan »

Thanks for the correction!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:19 pm Donville is tearing it up in the Jr As.
I’d have to label his team the Minto cup favorites.
Donville in the Minto Cup.
The tournament is posted as being streamed.
Don’t know if it is for pay or not.

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/tfsetv/#live
CU88

Post by CU88 »

by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Jonathan Donville and the Northmen taking control of the Junior “A” box lacrosse Minto Cup, took it to the top B.C. team, not nearly the contest I had thought it might be.

https://www.bcjall.com/news/minto-recap ... -seize-con
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Jonathan Donville, fittingly, closes out the Minto Cup for the Orangeville, scoring the final two goals.

Donville was traded for three picks just prior to the playoffs, and dominated, with his team sweeping the finals 3-0.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/section/indoor/35

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UiTCtJZZXE0
another fan

Post by another fan »

Looking for a great year from Donville-- good size and speed, he can shoot and is also an excellent passer. In my mind, the only thing holding him back is his one-handedness. Some people debate the importance of using both hands, and there certainly have been great players without much of an off hand, but playing with two hands just logically seems to be an advantage for most players. Donville and Fletcher seem like locks for the first midfield, but I wonder who will be the third. I'm guessing an important consideration will be having two effective midfields, rather than just putting the three best mids on the first line.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

This may be old news, but in the mandated 2 year rotation for Volunteer Assistant Coach, Cornell has chosen Paolo Ciferri. Coach Ciferri was an All America defensive midfielder and Captain at Syracuse. He has coached in Upstate New York since graduation, and also has some family ties to Cornell.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Here is a vid of a very good Canadian club team, Edge 2020, extended highlights.
Edge with any number of Division 1 recruits.
Rory Graham is #23 and Dalton is #10.
Edge is in the dark unis.
Some nice plays by those two recruits.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9gRuZb4Yg
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I noticed we had a kid commit named Zach delaney who had verbally committed (process I guess) at cornell. From onondaga Hs. Anyone here recall that name and might have any knowledge of the kid for an optimistic Hobart fan?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
another fan

Post by another fan »

Delaney was an early commit to Cornell, and I remember reading a post on Syracuse.com that said he had the highest ceiling of any 2020 in CNY, I never heard much more about him, and his junior year seemed relatively quiet statistically. Senior year looked better on paper. I have no idea what caused his switch to Hobart, but wish him and Hobart the best-- except for one game.
another fan

Post by another fan »

10stone5 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:28 am Here is a vid of a very good Canadian club team, Edge 2020, extended highlights.
Edge with any number of Division 1 recruits.
Rory Graham is #23 and Dalton is #10.
Edge is in the dark unis.
Some nice plays by those two recruits.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9gRuZb4Yg
Monty Cook, #28, is another 2020 recruit-- fast, tenacious d mid.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Thanks Another fan, will be curious on that whole class with another top notch CNY kid from JD named Connor Durking coming (around 120pts as a jr) and a highly rated defenseman from MN coming in. We’re coming for you, last year was a fun one, you’ll have the FO advantage this year but we intend to score more than last year against the Big red next spring
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

South Jersey player of the year Aiden Blake.
Player of the Year: Haddonfield senior midfielder and Cornell commit Aiden Blake, who led Haddons to South Jersey Group 1 semifinals with 56 goals, 23 assists, 97 groundballs.
https://phillylacrosse.com/2019/honorin ... boys-team/
another fan

Post by another fan »

10stone5 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:26 am South Jersey player of the year Aiden Blake.
Player of the Year: Haddonfield senior midfielder and Cornell commit Aiden Blake, who led Haddons to South Jersey Group 1 semifinals with 56 goals, 23 assists, 97 groundballs.
https://phillylacrosse.com/2019/honorin ... boys-team/
Incoming G, Gene Martin, also on the All South Jersey team. He was injured part of the year, but is very good. With Ierlan coming off a strong freshman year and Bullen back for his final year, playing time could be limited.
Velvet.Fog

Re: Cornell 2019

Post by Velvet.Fog »

Official release on Class of 2023:

https://cornellbigred.com/news/2019/8/2 ... -2023.aspx

VF
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

The incoming class brings talent at many positions. We'll need some guys to step up at ssdm, and maybe one or two of the new guys can make an impact there. Impressive that Michael Long set Delbarton's all-time scoring record considering the talent that has come through that school.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

another fan wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:04 am Delaney was an early commit to Cornell, and I remember reading a post on Syracuse.com that said he had the highest ceiling of any 2020 in CNY, I never heard much more about him, and his junior year seemed relatively quiet statistically. Senior year looked better on paper. I have no idea what caused his switch to Hobart, but wish him and Hobart the best-- except for one game.
Delaney was part of the combined Onondaga/Lafayette team that won the NYS Class D title this past June. He is an awesome player- strong, great stick, solid dodger. Interestingly, the Onondaga/Lafayette team was only 9-7 in the regular season but really came on in the tournament. They also played only a 12 or 13 player rotation because of the limited numbers on the team. Impressive.
VeryRustyRed

Post by VeryRustyRed »

laxjuris - yes, the ss's will be a real challenge this year. Combined with the issues at close last year, if a number of players don't "step up" markedly from last season, I can't see that the defense will perform any better. If that's the case, I hope than Petrakis is healthy and can be a force early on, something that's not easy for a freshman FOGO. Raz was at Lake Placid in August and looked rather "undistinguished" against what I can only refer to as eclectic competition.
At ss, only Bardwell and Griffin have substantive field experience, with Duggan getting PT during the last game or two when Buczek was hurt.
I concur with another fan - look for Blake to start his career as a shortie (a la Roy Lang and Chris Langton)...out of need, rather than as an o-mid.
I did get to see Michael Jackman play a bit at Lake Placid against older, more experienced competition. I love his size (6'4" - and he will fill out) and the fact that he's been a d-middie, rather than a recent offensive convert. I get a sense that his experience is far more box than field lax, so his contribution may be further down the line.
Velvet.Fog

Post by Velvet.Fog »

laxjuris wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:52 am The incoming class brings talent at many positions. We'll need some guys to step up at ssdm, and maybe one or two of the new guys can make an impact there. Impressive that Michael Long set Delbarton's all-time scoring record considering the talent that has come through that school.
There are several very good players in this class, but three may have the potential to contribute this upcoming season.

The attack group looks to be returning only four players - Teat, Piatelli, Coyne and Follows - assuming Lombardi stays at midfield. Teat and Piatelli can do it all from the left wing and X respectively. This leaves a need for more of an off-ball finisher that can also move the ball well in a motion offense. While we can’t at all expect to replace Pettersen’s productivity and leadership off the bat, a righty that can shoot well in tight spaces is a need. Mike Long likely fits this bill well based on his performance at the UA game and a very balanced scoring career at Delbarton where he played every attack position. He also looks to be physically ready. He will no doubt get an opportunity to show if he is ready to compete at the D1 level.

Midfield returns many high level contributors - Donville, Fletcher, Telesco, Licciardi, Wolf, Duggan, Lombardi, Bardwell (ssdm) and Buczek (ssdm). Blake has the best chance to break into this group. Tall, fast and athletic, he has shown the ability to both create on offense and play excellent defense. He will get a long look by the coaches to get early playing time.

The third frosh is obviously Petrakis. A heralded FOGO from talent-rich Long Island, he has the chance to transform the face off position to be one of real strength at Cornell. The key for him will likely be to stay healthy at one of the most demanding positions in the game. The coaches think he has tremendous potential to turn the possession “game” squarely in Cornell’s favor in nearly every game.

VF
another fan

Post by another fan »

A little weird posting about next year's freshmen with this year's having just been introduced, but we are in danger of falling off the first page. Here is Jack Follows, Henry's brother. Brodie Merrill has compared him to Jason Noble, which, if correct, would be a very good thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOJ0W9M8BRU

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”