2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by njbill »

Don’t forget, a lot of those Rs are voting D for president. ;)
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:08 pm Don’t forget, a lot of those Rs are voting D for president. ;)
then joe wins 358 to 180.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:02 pm good news for dems is metro areas are not tapped anywhere. but are they coming out in the middle of a pandemic?
They already have once this year, as you saw record turnout in a number of primaries and elections this spring with a lot of places only prepped for in-person voting. I do know multiple people on both sides who don't trust mail-in voting for various reasons and are voting in-person tomorrow in states that did not have early in-person voting.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:24 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:02 pm good news for dems is metro areas are not tapped anywhere. but are they coming out in the middle of a pandemic?
They already have once this year, as you saw record turnout in a number of primaries and elections this spring with a lot of places only prepped for in-person voting. I do know multiple people on both sides who don't trust mail-in voting for various reasons and are voting in-person tomorrow in states that did not have early in-person voting.
dems are down well over 500k in-person in florida so far. maybe metro is ready to pounce.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Trump - Pence 2020
MAGA!!

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:15 pm You read a lot of stories like this about Duce:

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... ssion=true

“On a brilliant spring afternoon in 2016, I stood in a classroom at a Secret Service training facility in Maryland, where I was to interview Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter. This was for a special issue of Popular Mechanics all about fathers and sons and the wisdom they pass along to each other, and the Bidens would be appearing on the cover.

They walked in, all smiles and handshakes, and we sat for more than two hours as they told stories: Hunter and his brother, Beau, three and four years old, taking turns sitting on Joe’s lap as he drove his ’67 Corvette through the backroads of Delaware. Painting the house when the boys were teenagers, Hunter dangling from the roof in a harness. Popular Mechanics stories.

They talked about the deaths of Joe’s first wife, Neilia, and their daughter, Naomi, in 1972; and of Beau, in 2015. Joe and Hunter talked about helping each other up, again and again and again, when the pain feels like it will never end.

One Sunday morning a few weeks after the interview, before the issue had even gone to press, my son, almost 7, awoke with a headache. His eyes began to close. It got worse quickly, and within an hour he was airlifted to a children’s hospital. My wife, Sarah, rode with him in the helicopter, and our other son and I drove 90 on the highway.

There was a brain surgery he almost didn’t survive. Then another. Doctors said words to us, and we tried to make sense of them.

Leukemia…aggressive…there was a hemorrhage…craniotomy…we just don’t know…

Sometime during the fever dream of that first week, an email came through: a PDF of the Biden interview, ready for the printer—these get sent around to the staff automatically. I read it, twice.

“We’ve always taken care of each other.”

Late at night, lying awake on the pull-out hospital bed, I sent a note to Hunter. I thanked him and his dad—their candor that day in Maryland, and the things they said, were replaying in my head. It was helping, and I just wanted him to know. I was trying to mute the terrifying words we were hearing in the hospital by amplifying their stories of getting back up again and again and again.

The next day I was sitting alone in my son’s room on the ICU—Sarah had gone for soup. His head was wrapped in gauze, his eyes swollen shut. Machines beeped softly around him, and he lay perfectly still under the hospital sheets.

Our boy.

Just then, my phone rang: a weird number. I answered. It was the sitting vice president of the United States.

“Ryan, it’s Joe Biden. Dammit I’m so sorry. What happened?”

I told him, as best I could, functioning as I was on little food or sleep. He spoke in detail of the brain aneurysm he had suffered in 1988, how it felt, what the doctors had done for him, and whether there were any similarities here. He offered to put me in touch with experts in the fields of cancer and brain injury. He was searching, asking questions, trying to be of use.

“I’m s’damn sorry, Ryan.”

The next day, he called again, this time with the name of someone he thought might be helpful.

A couple of months later, I got another call: The vice president was going to be in New York, and wanted to know whether it would be convenient for my wife and me to see him. Our son had been transferred to Memorial Sloan-Kettering for treatment, and one or both of us was with him day and night. But the nurses said they would look after him for an hour while we went across town to see Joe Biden.

We found ourselves in a small room off a ballroom at a hotel where he had just given a speech. There was no one in there, really—a couple of Secret Service agents, his scheduling person, a few others. He saw us, strode over, and the first thing he did was just hug us. Both of us at once, his long arms around us, tight, three people standing there as one for a good minute.

Our arms loosened, we stood back. His suit jacket was a little rumpled.

We waited for him to talk first. His eyes were wet, and he said, “How’s your boy?” Joe Biden was crying for us, because he knew how it was when the pain feels like it will never end.

There were no cameras. There was no one filming. He wasn’t running for anything. He was just doing what you do, as a human, even when no one’s watching.“

.... it would be nice to have a decent man in the presidency again.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
njbill

Post by njbill »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:10 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:08 pm Don’t forget, a lot of those Rs are voting D for president. ;)
then joe wins 358 to 180.
Fine by me.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

I doubt this will happen but wouldn't it be great if it did?

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
njbill

Post by njbill »

Dixville Notch casts five votes for Biden.

Trump concedes election.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

CU88

Post by CU88 »

njbill wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:12 am Dixville Notch casts five votes for Biden.

Trump concedes election.
FUN FACT: For the first time ever, the Democratic candidate for president has taken all votes cast in the tiny township of Dixville Notch, New Hampshire.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:19 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:09 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:57 am
seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:38 am See this from Duce:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 1402350592

Is there no Republican in Congress or even here who will come out and say that threatening Americans expressing their political preferences and beliefs is wrong? Seriously, how did you all become so unmoored?
Explain please. Were those driving on the highway with their flags "expressing their political preferences and beliefs"? And to cap it off, Biden cancels stops because of it....maybe they cancelled because they have driven a wedge with law enforcement and did not want ask them for help?
You really have lost your way. It's strangely disappointing. These are people who surrounded a speeding bus to bring it to a halt. The bus was moving altogether lawfully. This can only be characterized as unsafe vigilantism, but you find a really pathetic and wholly unsound "explanation" for it.

Expressing their political beliefs by flying flags: sure, of course. Ganging up on the highway to slow or halt another car? Fire in a crowded theatre much? What you don't understand about being American would fill books.
It is worse - the cops were called and showed up, and refused to do something (after the fact, yes)...
:lol: :lol: Silly Biden staff drivers... may be charged in the incident. Notice who is tailgating and in the wrong lane? :lol: :lol: Where were you last Friday seacoaster...do you drive a little white suv? ;)

Video in the link.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Released yesterday from a previously sealed part of the Mueller Report. There was certainly coordination between the campaign, Trump included, and Wikileaks/Russia for email leaks.

Not necessarily something that was something that would be a criminal case, but certainly the betrayal of the American public by using foreign influences in the 2016 campaign.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

My feeling is that Biden will win by a larger margin than in 2016 in the meaningless popular vote and win easily in the EC. High voter turnout never bodes well for Republicans who depend on voter suppression and this turnout looks epic. A referendum on the con man that enjoys dividing the nation and demeaning Americans of color.

The real battles will be for the senate. Without turnover there then nothing gets accomplished.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Thank goodness the freaking elections are coming to an end today. I expect Biden wins. Tomorrow there will be tens of thousands of rednecks in pick up trucks burning and looting and beating people up. We all know how volatile those redneck republicans are. You never know what they are capable of doing? If trumps wins, there will be hundreds of thousands of Biden supporters in the streets marching peacefully for the nation to come together and start healing. :D Every election ad where I live has every candidate saying that if elected they will work across the aisle with the other side to get things done... :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: They even say it with a straight face. If any of these people reach across the aisle they will probably have an axe in their hands.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:40 am My feeling is that Biden will win by a larger margin than in 2016 in the meaningless popular vote and win easily in the EC. High voter turnout never bodes well for Republicans who depend on voter suppression and this turnout looks epic. A referendum on the con man that enjoys dividing the nation and demeaning Americans of color.

The real battles will be for the senate. Without turnover there then nothing gets accomplished.
BINGO, the senate is where the real battle is for the republicans. Karl Rove made a prediction the other day i believe could be correct. He says the senate will probably be 51 to 49, he just doesn't know for which party.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:47 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:40 am My feeling is that Biden will win by a larger margin than in 2016 in the meaningless popular vote and win easily in the EC. High voter turnout never bodes well for Republicans who depend on voter suppression and this turnout looks epic. A referendum on the con man that enjoys dividing the nation and demeaning Americans of color.

BINGO, the senate is where the real battle is for the republicans. Karl Rove made a prediction the other day i believe could be correct. He says the senate will probably be 51 to 49, he just doesn't know for which party.
Agreed, that is also what I have argued for a year or two, that the democrats want the majority. They also know they can work with Trump...remember he loves to deal and he is good for democrat base building.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
DMac

Post by DMac »

Okay, I'm a good soldier, got out and voted bright and early. Easy in and out, not much of a line, place run pretty efficiently.
No guns, no violence, all well behaved. No participation trophy, didn't get an I Voted sticker but that's okay. Can only sit on the sideline and see how the game turns out now.
GO TEAM USA!!!!!
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

DMac wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:11 am Okay, I'm a good soldier, got out and voted bright and early. Easy in and out, not much of a line, place run pretty efficiently.
No guns, no violence, all well behaved. No participation trophy, didn't get an I Voted sticker but that's okay. Can only sit on the sideline and see how the game turns out now.
GO TEAM USA!!!!!
What will happen to pot, after the election? Nerds like Biden going to go backwards on pot legislation? You betcha.......oh well, Kamala is waiting in the wings. She smokes POT. All day, everyday. SHe gets my vote
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “POLITICS”