All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

6ftstick

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:57 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:55 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:49 pm OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Tulsa in late June that drew thousands of participants and large protests “likely contributed” to a dramatic surge in new coronavirus cases, Tulsa City-County Health Department Director Dr. Bruce Dart said Wednesday.

Tulsa County reported 261 confirmed new cases on Monday, a one-day record high, and another 206 cases on Tuesday. By comparison, during the week before the June 20 Trump rally, there were 76 cases on Monday and 96 on Tuesday.

Although the health department’s policy is to not publicly identify individual settings where people may have contracted the virus, Dart said those large gatherings “more than likely” contributed to the spike.

“In the past few days, we’ve seen almost 500 new cases, and we had several large events just over two weeks ago, so I guess we just connect the dots,” Dart said.
Hey you're an informed bright guy.

How is it Republicans spread the virus. And Liberals rioting in the streets don't
2% wearing masks inside, 80% wearing them outside. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:58 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:57 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:55 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:49 pm OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Tulsa in late June that drew thousands of participants and large protests “likely contributed” to a dramatic surge in new coronavirus cases, Tulsa City-County Health Department Director Dr. Bruce Dart said Wednesday.

Tulsa County reported 261 confirmed new cases on Monday, a one-day record high, and another 206 cases on Tuesday. By comparison, during the week before the June 20 Trump rally, there were 76 cases on Monday and 96 on Tuesday.

Although the health department’s policy is to not publicly identify individual settings where people may have contracted the virus, Dart said those large gatherings “more than likely” contributed to the spike.

“In the past few days, we’ve seen almost 500 new cases, and we had several large events just over two weeks ago, so I guess we just connect the dots,” Dart said.

How is it Republicans spread the virus. And Liberals rioting in the streets don't
2% wearing masks inside, 80% wearing them outside. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You don't see the difference, or are you saying those % are wrong, or that inside versus outside doesn't matter?

80% is not enough, even outside, but 2% inside???
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NEJM released a study that differentiates the seriousness of infection based on blood type. The study formalizes and reproduces the results of early work in China and Columbia University. "A" blood types have a 45% greater risk of having a serious infection while "O" types have a 35% lesser risk of having a serious infection. No other correlations were noted. The study was done with Italians and Spanish patients. No difference was found based on nationality and roughly correlated to less formal studies mentioned above.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

I personally went to protest in Denver with two of my kids.

We were outside.
We wore masks.
Everyone else wore masks. Like 100% masks.
We kept our distance from others, and didn't congregate for long near any one person/group of people.

Not everyone else stayed as separate as us, but many did.

So we pretty much did the opposite of what Herman Cain did.

That's how.

PS -- I did those things because, yes, I am a bright and informed guy!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:55 pm

I personally went to protest in Denver with two of my kids.

We were outside.
We wore masks.
Everyone else wore masks. Like 100% masks.
We kept our distance from others, and didn't congregate for long near any one person/group of people.

Not everyone else stayed as separate as us, but many did.

So we pretty much did the opposite of what Herman Cain did.

That's how.

PS -- I did those things because, yes, I am a bright and informed guy!

I happened to stop by a rally in my town. It was nice to see. Everyone had on a mask and were appropriately socially distant. It’s a small town though. If we were having a rally here, there are rallies everywhere.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Lotsa super spreader events..errr "lacrosse tournaments" this weekend in MD.
:?
Teams coming from DE, NY, NJ, VA, PA...

Kids will get to enjoy lacrosse and other sports for the next couple weeks before it all gets shut down again.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:31 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:40 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:42 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:52 am In WNY, 43% of new cases are with people in their 20’s and 30’s. As people of pretty compliant with mask wearing I can only imagine it could be worse in other regions of the country.

I know of a local couple in their early 30’s that had Covid-19 in April. They recovered, but they said the experience was like having an elephant sitting on your chest. They’re still having side effects of shortness of breath and having trouble concentrating. Who knows what their long term effects will be. We could have a generation of survivors with significant health issues as they age.

If you don't know, why speculate?
ROTFLMFAO

I’m going to go out on a limb and say this knucklehead will never be able to post something more stupid than this. He’s posted incredibly stupid things before, and will post incredibly stupid things in the future (unless we get lucky), but this one takes the cake.

If you don’t know, why speculate. Good thing humankind has never taken that advice, else a lot fewer of us would be around, and still living in caves, naked, without even a man-made fire to keep us warm.

Big Mouth, FL.

Don't you have a Black Lives Matter mural to crayon in or something?
I don't. Besides, it's much more enjoyable to make fun of you. Easier, too.

Big Mouth, FL.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:11 pm Lotsa super spreader events..errr "lacrosse tournaments" this weekend in MD.

Kids will get to enjoy lacrosse and other sports for the next couple weeks before it all gets shut down again.
Should be fine. Unless the parents are huddled in a bar somewhere.
“I wish you would!”
smoova

Post by smoova »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:25 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:11 pm Lotsa super spreader events..errr "lacrosse tournaments" this weekend in MD.

IMO, this is correct. But I'm no expert, just the silent dad down below GLE.
Typical Lax Dad

smoova wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:37 pm

Goalie parent?
“I wish you would!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:55 pm How is it Republicans spread the virus. And Liberals rioting in the streets don't
Indoors vs outdoors.

WHO just decided the evidence for indoor aerosol transmission is convincing. Outdoors is much safer.

And of course a much higher percentage of mask wearers during the protests than at Trump's rally.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

CU77 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:42 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:55 pm How is it Republicans spread the virus. And Liberals rioting in the streets don't
Indoors vs outdoors.

WHO just decided the evidence for indoor aerosol transmission is convincing. Outdoors is much safer.

And of course a much higher percentage of mask wearers during the protests than at Trump's rally.
link?
smoova

Post by smoova »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:39 pm

Goalie parent?
Attack/middie - just can't stand the "cheering" from the folks between the boxes.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/heal ... s-who.html
After hundreds of experts urged the World Health Organization to review mounting scientific research, the agency acknowledged on Tuesday that airborne transmission of the coronavirus may be a threat in indoor spaces.

W.H.O. expert committees are going over evidence on transmission of the virus and plan to release updated recommendations in a few days, agency scientists said in a news briefing.

The possibility of airborne transmission, especially in “crowded, closed, poorly ventilated settings, cannot be ruled out,” said Dr. Benedetta Allegranzi, who leads the W.H.O.’s committee on infection prevention and control.

She said the agency recommends “appropriate and optimal ventilation” of indoor environments, as well as physical distancing.

Experts who signed the letter welcomed the W.H.O.’s announcement.

“We are very glad that W.H.O. has finally acknowledged the accumulating evidence, and will add aerosol transmission indoors to the likely modes of transmission” for the coronavirus, said Jose-Luis Jimenez, a professor of chemistry at the University of Colorado Boulder. “This will allow the world to better protect themselves and fight the pandemic.”
Typical Lax Dad

smoova wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:10 pm

Goalie parent?
Attack/middie - just can't stand the "cheering" from the folks between the boxes.
Smart man! Enjoy.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

CU77 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:16 pm https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/heal ... s-who.html
After hundreds of experts urged the World Health Organization to review mounting scientific research, the agency acknowledged on Tuesday that airborne transmission of the coronavirus may be a threat in indoor spaces.

W.H.O. expert committees are going over evidence on transmission of the virus and plan to release updated recommendations in a few days, agency scientists said in a news briefing.

The possibility of airborne transmission, especially in “crowded, closed, poorly ventilated settings, cannot be ruled out,” said Dr. Benedetta Allegranzi, who leads the W.H.O.’s committee on infection prevention and control.

She said the agency recommends “appropriate and optimal ventilation” of indoor environments, as well as physical distancing.

Experts who signed the letter welcomed the W.H.O.’s announcement.

“We are very glad that W.H.O. has finally acknowledged the accumulating evidence, and will add aerosol transmission indoors to the likely modes of transmission” for the coronavirus, said Jose-Luis Jimenez, a professor of chemistry at the University of Colorado Boulder. “This will allow the world to better protect themselves and fight the pandemic.”
where did the who say the evidence for aerosol transmission, indoor or otherwise, is convincing?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Goalie parent?
did that for a long while. then often started getting a few dads who wanted to come down and get assessments in-game.

went to player/coach side, and never had that problem again! and can barely hear the parents from over there!
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:29 pm

Goalie parent?
did that for a long while. then often started getting a few dads who wanted to come down and get assessments in-game.

went to player/coach side, and never had that problem again! and can barely hear the parents from over there!
Even smarter man!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

We are 7 months in and here we are:

https://apple.news/AKWmJQSdEQPy1zW5Ku8OVLg

New cases, yesterday:

Germany: 298
Denmark: 10
Norway: 11
Sweden: 57