2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Fall of The American Republic

I pondered this a few years ago. Just wondering if our best days were behind us and then Trump came along! MAGA by VFTA!!

“Poor countries were especially hard-hit, as they struggled to afford rescue measures. However, almost all rich countries eventually weathered the storm. The strategy was simple — national governments kept their citizenry solvent through direct payments, or by paying businesses to maintain their employees on staff, while they built up their health care system to prevent the virus from spreading.

The U.S. was the one significant exception. Its legislative Congress (divided into two parts, a House of Representatives and a Senate) did pass economic rescue measures, but they were weeks late, heavily slanted towards wealthy elites, and even then plainly short of what was necessary.”
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:44 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:41 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:37 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:07 pm Waiting on a ruling in Harris County apparently:

https://twitter.com/HarrisVotes
Republicans lose.
Judge says GOP is late/dilatory, and doesn't have standing. He offers that if he did, he would probably have enjoined counting the votes. Off to the Fifth Circuit??
This bodes well for Trump, it helps fast track the results.
Huh? 127,000 votes will be counted in a democratic county.
DMac

Post by DMac »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:56 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:48 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:43 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:38 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:15 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:14 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:09 pm Here's the definitive counter to WG's BS about how everybody on both sides does the same thing. The Banana Republicans are outstanding in this field.
bs. great. you're a real statesman. tl;dr. easy.
What is "tl;dr"? I thought it was a typo the first time, but it persists, so now I assume it means something. Just curious. If you'd prefer to stayed in your special world of mystery, that's fine too.
pretty popular text and longstanding, common internet abbreviation. "too long;didn't read". wrong crowd, maybe.
Thanks. Yeah, I text with maybe four people and make a point of using whole words and proper punctuation. Whenever my kids use something abbreviator, I have to swallow my mortification and ask.
Just bookmark this site seacoaster, you can even experiment with some searching and your kids will think you are hip to them and that's no cap.

Thanks. But brother, my kids will never, ever think I am cool. Ever.
Didn't know what that meant either, now we're both hip. When I first came on here I didn't know what any abbreviations meant..IMO, JMHO, FWIW..etc.
Last edited by DMac on Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:36 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:34 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:12 pm ok, the big day is almost upon us. the biggest election of our lifetimes. of course, as everybody knows there's a decent chance tomorrow isn't the last day, but it's still the biggest.

just as covid has had an impact on all the debate, rancoring (maybe not a word but i like it here), public disposition, historical mail in and early voting, covid will have an impact on the big day. how much? no one knows, but you can't deny the impact.

will the poll watching strategy win out? play with the lead, run tv ads galore, put a lid on the basement until late, avoid missteps. save energy for the final week and shout at empty parking lots.

or will it be the "ground game" (lack of money), travel by the air force jumbos, organize your bold caution-to-the-wind legions to pack into cheering fests in the middle of a pandemic. risk losing some to the virus before the big day when you need them most as a show of strength and freedoms.

what an election! who's coming to the polls?
Voting in person here in Pennsylvania tomorrow...i'll be taking my Long Gun and a few dipped Ninja Stars in case i run into any Boogaloo Boys that wanna throw down! :lol:

I called it 4 years ago! Trump succeeded!

dislax, sounds like you're mostly ready. just make sure you've got your sanitizer, hepa mask and of course avoid or join in on the protests or counterprotests with appropriate extra gear, flags. a d-pole might help as well to mark distance.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:17 pm Fall of The American Republic

I pondered this a few years ago. Just wondering if our best days were behind us and then Trump came along! MAGA by VFTA!!

“Poor countries were especially hard-hit, as they struggled to afford rescue measures. However, almost all rich countries eventually weathered the storm. The strategy was simple — national governments kept their citizenry solvent through direct payments, or by paying businesses to maintain their employees on staff, while they built up their health care system to prevent the virus from spreading.

The U.S. was the one significant exception. Its legislative Congress (divided into two parts, a House of Representatives and a Senate) did pass economic rescue measures, but they were weeks late, heavily slanted towards wealthy elites, and even then plainly short of what was necessary.”
ok, as long as we're here.... what's vfta all about? google tells me voice for the animals or virginia for the arts. just want to be clear.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Rasmussen just published a poll that has Biden UP 4 points in PA. They normally have a several point swing in favor of the R candidate, but certainly not here.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:32 pm Rasmussen just published a poll that has Biden UP 4 points in PA. They normally have a several point swing in favor of the R candidate, but certainly not here.
Well then Book it!

"When you're right 52% of the time, you're wrong 48% of the time!"

Last edited by kramerica.inc on Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

how many of those pa voters have long guns and ninja stars?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:32 pm

ok, as long as we're here.... what's vfta all about? google tells me voice for the animals or virginia for the arts. just want to be clear.
An ode to high alcohol content beer man. Vote For Trump Again

HIJLEE
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

One thing WG and I can definitely agree on.

We are both cool kids in the lunch room. Since we both know what TL/DR means and can use it correctly.
tldr stands for “too long; didn't read.” While the internet acronym can criticize a piece of writing as overly long, it often is used to give a helpful, witty, or snarky summary of a much longer story or complicated phenomenon.
So like on here when long posts get reposted and reposted, along with long responses and long re-responses.

After which a cool kid like me or WG would post:

TL/DR: Trump sucks.

Or

TL/DR: Biden is clueless.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trump in Pennsylvania — you know, near Ohio — has his crowd yelling “Lebron sucks.” Which, you know, he doesn’t.
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:11 pm Trump in Pennsylvania — you know, near Ohio — has his crowd yelling “Lebron sucks.” Which, you know, he doesn’t.
LeBron is probably worth more than Trump and definitely started with less.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Good stuff from Dave Wasserman (about the best prognosticator going) this morning:

Blue Wall (i.e northern states) looks solid for Joe. But on Tuesday night, expect to see the red mirage. Because PA, WI, Mich will be reporting election day/in person votes first. Then the blue wave in the days later as the remote votes get tabulated.

Red Wall (i.e. Sun Belt) looking better for Trump but still quite iffy. But on Tuesday night, expect to see the blue mirage. Because the Sun Belt states will count/report remote votes first, with same day coming later.

Says it is more likely that GA flips blue than FL.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:05 pm One thing WG and I can definitely agree on.

We are both cool kids in the lunch room. Since we both know what TL/DR means and can use it correctly.
tldr stands for “too long; didn't read.” While the internet acronym can criticize a piece of writing as overly long, it often is used to give a helpful, witty, or snarky summary of a much longer story or complicated phenomenon.
So like on here when long posts get reposted and reposted, along with long responses and long re-responses.

Or

and here i thought all the other legal beagles and verbose among us would've been utilizing this to effect for years.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:25 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:05 pm One thing WG and I can definitely agree on.

Or

and here i thought all the other legal beagles and verbose among us would've been utilizing this to effect for years.
Should we just assign tl/dr; as a standard for all MDLAX's posts...asking b/c TLD wouldn't? ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:45 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:32 pm

An ode to high alcohol content beer man. Vote For Trump Again

HIJLEE
i did have that guess "figured out" after i typed the post, but now you're just messin' with me.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:13 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:11 pm Trump in Pennsylvania — you know, near Ohio — has his crowd yelling “Lebron sucks.” Which, you know, he doesn’t.
Well, they both started “schools.” Right?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Sabato has AZ, PA, NC, WI, MI, and GA going blue.

He was one of the prognosticators in 2016 who really got hammered because his projections were off. Suspect he is really trying to be correct this time. Otherwise, the old crystal ball is going to look more like that of a fortune teller’s.

Hope he’s right.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... georgia-nc
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:13 pm
Well, they both started “schools.” Right?
Yep!
This

Or
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Since I get accused from time to time (completely unjustified imo) of being verbose, my two most used acronyms are TL/DR and BLUF (which is more of an email thing than texting).

Return to “POLITICS”