JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by youthathletics »

If the author of that WaPo article had an inkling into security, they would know without a reason of a doubt, that the absolute best thing to do in security is to change things, regularly....almost too often. Ask your employer if you can keep your password for your office LAN login the same for more than 90 days....my guess, you'll get to see coffee come out of their nose.

Funny thing, I have worked in many secure facilities and the one thing that stays the same, is that they change things up on the regular.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:44 pm If the author of that WaPo article had an inkling into security, they would know without a reason of a doubt, that the absolute best thing to do in security is to change things, regularly....almost too often. Ask your employer if you can keep your password for your office LAN login the same for more than 90 days....my guess, you'll get to see coffee come out of their nose.

Funny thing, I have worked in many secure facilities and the one thing that stays the same, is that they change things up on the regular.
You, sir, are working really hard, again.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Thanks for the compliment. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Syria Kurdish official told NBC, reacting to Trump’s overnight decision (to green light a Turkish attack against Kobani) after a phone call with Erdogan.
“The Americans are traitors. They have abandoned us to a Turkish massacre.
We can no longer fight against isis and have to defend ourselves. This could allow isis to return to the region.”

Richard Engel. NBC News

https://www.voanews.com/middle-east/syr ... -incursion
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

don't worry VDH will explain everything and give the Orange Turd a pass. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:37 am don't worry VDH will explain everything and give the Orange Turd a pass. :lol:
At what point will Trump start calling the Kurds "terrorists"?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:37 am don't worry VDH will explain everything and give the Orange Turd a pass. :lol:
Of course he will....clearly he and his ilk support Trump asking a foreign power to investigate a political opponent. Silence is acceptance.

It was all a joke to get the press fired up. :roll:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“Bottom line: Trump tonight after one call with a foreign leader provided a gift to Russia, Iran, and ISIS. FWIW, I warned of this here in @ForeignAffairs — and recommended alternatives given the hard realities on the ground and in this White House.”

Brett McGurk
a fan

Post by a fan »

Can't wait for the announcement of the grand opening of the Instanbul Trump Hotel and Golf course. Or is it a couple in Saudi Arabia, because the Saudis want to get rid of the Kurds?

The books that will come out after Trump is gone that describe what Kushner is really doing over there are going to be a treat.

You know every US diplomat is dying to tell us what's going on.....
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over..”.

Potus. Seriously.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Trinity wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:46 am “As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over..”.

Potus. Seriously.
My great and unmatched wisdom....very stable genius, indeed.
Kilmeade said: “We defeated the caliphate, the caliphate is destroyed, we wouldn't have done that without the Kurds who did all of our fighting... The reason why our casualties were so low is because the Kurds did all the fighting. Now we’re saying, ‘OK Turks, go wipe them out or force them out.’ What kind of message is that to the next ally who wants to side with us?”

Kilmeade said the decision was “a disastrous series of events” and urged Trump to reconsider the call. It’s not clear if Trump was watching the show but he was simultaneously defending his decision on Twitter.

Co-host Steve Doocy attempted to defend the president from Kilmeade’s attack, saying that it was a “campaign promise” to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria—but that just made Kilmeade more angry.

He responded: “To release ISIS fighters and abandon our allies? That’s a campaign promise? Abandon the people that got the caliphate destroyed?”

Kilmeade, shaking his head, went on: “Are you kidding me? We’re abandoning our most loyal allies who did all our fighting. All we did was arm them and they did all the work and now we say ‘Good luck, good luck surviving.’ Disaster.”
They should Rubio or Jordan on for clarity...they seem to speak DOPUS' word salad code.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

A view from the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... at-of-isis

In early 2015, as Islamic State trampled over armies of the Middle East and menaced the west, the US turned to the Kurds for help. It was a familiar call, having been repeated over the decades whenever Washington needed a friend in the region. The outcome has been similar too.

Four years on, the people who helped safeguard the global order have been abandoned by the US on the eve of a Turkish push into Kurdish lands across north-eastern Syria. Betrayal has been an enduring theme whenever the US and the Kurds have partnered, but never before as nakedly as this.

As US armour and troops started to leave the region on Monday, a frantic Kurdish leadership was demanding explanations and readying for an invasion that could change the map of the region and prove hugely consequential in other ways too, including undermining the security gains achieved in the war on Isis.

Since the battlefield victory, Syrian Kurds have swapped roles from fighters to jailers, detaining 90,000 suspected Isis supporters in four camps across the province. Guards remained loyal to the cause on the promise of ongoing patronage from Washington. They have far less incentive to do so now.

European states, deeply invested in what happens to the Isis camps, were blindsided by Trump’s announcement that Turkey would take control of them and sceptical that Ankara has either the will or capacity to do such a thing.

For its part, Ankara also appears to be surprised. The site of one camp, al-Hol, is not on maps it has prepared for its operation. Inheriting a headache on this scale seems to be part of a quid pro quo imposed on Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. A state dinner at the White House may well hinge on him agreeing.

Trump’s transactional worldview offers no place for history or morality. His ruthless short-term realism ignores the fact that the regional interests he does want to secure – containing Iran and securing Israel – are jeopardised by such a blatant betrayal.

For all the US president’s talk of taking on Iran, the Iranian attack on Saudi Arabia’s oil supply last month received no response from the US and has instead sparked a detente between Riyadh and Tehran that will inevitably lead to new trade openings and puncture US efforts to crush Iran’s economy.

When Trump first flagged a withdrawal from north-east Syria last December, his advisers were able to turn him around, partly by explaining that it would give Iran unfettered access in the province and make a coveted pathway to the Mediterranean Sea an easier bet. That logic stands 10 months on and has been reaffirmed by Iran’s activities near the Syrian border and in the Syrian port of Latakia.

Serving US interests is hardly a Kurdish priority now. Instead, allying with the Syrian regime in Damascus to ward off the Turks seems to be one of the few ploys open to Kurdish leaders, who would struggle to combat a full-scale Turkish invasion."

THe President doesn't have the capacity to understand the consequences of this kind of move.
a fan

Post by a fan »

That's not VDH's little petty game. What he does when stuff like this comes up, is say nothing. He'll wait for a little D to come into office, and then he'll hit that guy for dealing with the effects of what Trump did.

Anyone care to explain why Trump is doing this? I got nothing, outside of Tin foil hat stuff.....
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't DJT float this idea 10 months ago? Just, out of the blue, we're pulling out of Syria?

He relented then. Hopefully he relents again, but he's not earning any trust from our allies here....
a fan

Post by a fan »

There's a difference between pulling our troops out of Syria, and green lighting one supposed ally (Turkey) to wipe out another (Kurds). You threaten Turkey with all kinds of stuff if they dare to cross that Syrian border.

Again: why is Turkey allowed in NATO?
ggait

Post by ggait »

The only thing I know about the Turks, the Kurds and Syria is that there's 76 stories of Trump Tower in Instanbul. And that after the Muslim ban, Erdogan threatened to take Trump's name off those towers. Seems like that has now been worked out to both sides satisfaction.

Conflicts? We don't care about no stinking conflicts.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

ggait wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:50 pm The only thing I know about the Turks, the Kurds and Syria is that there's 76 stories of Trump Tower in Instanbul. And that after the Muslim ban, Erdogan threatened to take Trump's name off those towers. Seems like that has now been worked out to both sides satisfaction.

With allies like USA who needs enemies?

r's cheering their hero on. MAGA DEPLORABLE
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:50 pm The only thing I know about the Turks, the Kurds and Syria is that there's 76 stories of Trump Tower in Instanbul. And that after the Muslim ban, Erdogan threatened to take Trump's name off those towers. Seems like that has now been worked out to both sides satisfaction.

We've been told, in no uncertain terms by some posters here, that conflicts don't matter.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:30 pm

We've been told, in no uncertain terms by some posters here, that conflicts don't matter.
Neither does asking a foreign leader to investigate your political opponent.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Rudy! Kurds on line 2.

Something about Biden and Hillary's emails...
Boycott stupid. Country over party.

Return to “POLITICS”