The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: The Hate Directed at the LGBTQ+

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:48 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:34 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:38 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:11 pm Who knew....eating greens as a child could mean you are trans.

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status ... 84916?s=20
Some people are idiots, that's for certain.
But....we are told to listen to the parents and allow them to make choices on gender assignment.
and which books to ban...
Exactly....so pick a lane and quit waffling.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:55 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:11 pm Who knew....eating greens as a child could mean you are trans.

But....we are told to listen to the parents and allow them to make choices on gender assignment.
You prefer someone other than a parent to make decisions without parental input?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

was I waffling?

What I do know, as a parent, is that I don't want government dictating my children's gender nor what books they may choose to read on their own, have access to in the public library or school library etc. AND I do want my kids' school to widen their understanding of the world, teaching them not only "facts" but how to reason and consider points of view outside of their own experience...even in areas in which some people may be a bit uncomfortable.

I also don't want government telling me or any of my friends or loved ones who we can love, who we can be attracted to, who we have consensual sex with, how we do it, as long as no one is being coerced, harmed, etc (and yes, an adult with a child is by definition not 'consensual')...nor do I want government telling any girl or woman how to manage her healthcare.

Of course I want educators and medical professionals to address these issues with parents, women, etc in a supportive way, listening to them, taking into consideration their personal preferences...but one parent's preference shouldn't dictate what other families' children get to read...but if Joey's parents don't want him to read a book, ok, let's find another book for Joey. No coercion.

See the theme?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:45 pm

was I waffling?

What I do know, as a parent, is that I don't want government dictating my children's gender nor what books they may choose to read on their own, have access to in the public library or school library etc. AND I do want my kids' school to widen their understanding of the world, teaching them not only "facts" but how to reason and consider points of view outside of their own experience...even in areas in which some people may be a bit uncomfortable.

I also don't want government telling me or any of my friends or loved ones who we can love, who we can be attracted to, who we have consensual sex with, how we do it, as long as no one is being coerced, harmed, etc (and yes, an adult with a child is by definition not 'consensual')...nor do I want government telling any girl or woman how to manage her healthcare.

Of course I want educators and medical professionals to address these issues with parents, women, etc in a supportive way, listening to them, taking into consideration their personal preferences...but one parent's preference shouldn't dictate what other families' children get to read...but if Joey's parents don't want him to read a book, ok, let's find another book for Joey. No coercion.

See the theme?
Yes. because prior to your most recent post, you sounded quite adamant parents, and only parents, shall make sole decisions WRT to gender assignment of their child. Ignoring mental professionals, and then allowing medical surgery to destroy their ability to bear/create a child all before they are even biologically & mentally developed....which science has proven happens around the early 20's.

I appreciate your more detailed response... you articulated a much clearer perspective, rather than just a quick rebuttal of the counter.

Have a good evening.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 4:45 pm

was I waffling?

See the theme?
Yes. because prior to your most recent post, you sounded quite adamant parents, and only parents, shall make sole decisions WRT to gender assignment of their child. Ignoring mental professionals, and then allowing medical surgery to destroy their ability to bear/create a child all before they are even biologically & mentally developed....which science has proven happens around the early 20's.

I appreciate your more detailed response... you articulated a much clearer perspective, rather than just a quick rebuttal of the counter.

Have a good evening.
Hope you had a good evening as well. Just got back from a nice dinner by the St. Lucie River with family. My mother has colon cancer, so times are precious.

Yes, I do think parents need to be in consultation with medical professionals in order to make decisions on behalf of young children. I'd rather that parents listen to their children well, making sure that whatever they are feeling is affirmed as reasonable and personable, with lots and lots of patience counseled. But emphasis on listening and affirming, not judging.

At some point, however, I think parents should not be required to be involved as the child ultimately makes the decision for themselves. Certainly with medical counsel, but ultimately it should only be the individual who decides. I'm not a medical expert on when that should be in such matters, but there definitely needs to be a time when parental involvement should be up to the child, not government. And, like many choices about life, that comes well before full adulthood, regardless of full brain development.

The problem for these children going through these issues is that society has a whole frowns on any questioning of gender identity or sexual preference. And much of society is downright brutal about it, "a sin", the "devil", "demons", etc. Bullying is the norm not the exception in such cases.

And some parents are very much part of that negative "society", at times incredibly brutal whether emotionally or physically.

So, I err to siding with the children's preferences, not the parents', and I certainly don't want government dictating anything.
Typical Lax Dad

We are too woke in this country. We need more of this...
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:57 pm Yes. because prior to your most recent post, you sounded quite adamant parents, and only parents, shall make sole decisions WRT to gender assignment of their child. Ignoring mental professionals, and then allowing medical surgery to destroy their ability to bear/create a child all before they are even biologically & mentally developed....which science has proven happens around the early 20's.
Do I understand that you want the .gov to step in on making decisions for citizens before they reach 21+?

I can think of a few severe consequence if you take this road.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:17 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:57 pm Yes. because prior to your most recent post, you sounded quite adamant parents, and only parents, shall make sole decisions WRT to gender assignment of their child. Ignoring mental professionals, and then allowing medical surgery to destroy their ability to bear/create a child all before they are even biologically & mentally developed....which science has proven happens around the early 20's.
Do I understand that you want the .gov to step in on making decisions for citizens before they reach 21+?

no!….but. In short, someone may need to step in when parents are off their damn rocker. No different than child protective services, post medical evaluations. There needs/should be some sort of medical/psych. oversight more than just evaluating the child. And if there already ia….great!
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:49 pm

no!….but. In short, someone may need to step in when parents are off their damn rocker. No different than child protective services, post medical evaluations. There needs/should be some sort of medical/psych. oversight more than just evaluating the child. And if there already ia….great!
It's a sticky wicket. That much we agree on here, i think.

I have NO CLUE what the process looks like in my home State, let alone others.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:49 pm

Certainly any medical interventions do include medical input, and such have oversight processes, as well as liability. Including a psych level of the child certainly would be normal, but I think you mean the parent should be evaluated on a psych basis as well?

The question becomes whether politicians are involved, or whether we leave these oversight processes entirely to independent parties.

And the underlying assumption seems to be that there are a lot of nutso parents who would fail a psych eval from independent, apolitical, medical boards? I find that questionable, though that doesn't mean that children don't need some protection from those few.
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... slur-radio

Huggs first mistake was going in WLW….the second mistake was doing the Bill Cunningham show….Mike McConnel and Cunningham were early adopters of “Right Wing” radio….you would be shocked with what you could get away with saying on the air in the 1980s. It got so bad I had to stop listening.
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:08 pm https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... slur-radio

Huggs first mistake was going in WLW….the second mistake was doing the Bill Cunningham show….Mike McConnel and Cunningham were early adopters of “Right Wing” radio….you would be shocked with what you could get away with saying on the air in the 1980s. It got so bad I had to stop listening.
Huggins knew what he was doing, made a stupid mistake on purpose to get "out". He doesn't want to coach anymore. Accomplished enough at this point. Backdoored his way out, albeit by making a purposeful stupid mistake.

Joe
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:11 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:08 pm https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... slur-radio

Huggins knew what he was doing, made a stupid mistake on purpose to get "out". He doesn't want to coach anymore. Accomplished enough at this point. Backdoored his way out, albeit by making a purposeful stupid mistake.

Joe
Craziest retirement plan I’ve ever heard.
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:11 pm

Joe
Bob was probably drunk.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Have tickets for next summer. won’t get to see her race…

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/trans-ru ... sports.amp
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:04 pm Have tickets for next summer. won’t get to see her race…

I saw a Charlie Baker (new NCAA president) interview a month or so ago. When asked about transgender (particularly MTF) participation in the NCAA he stated the current rules are aligned with the international ruling body rules in each respective sport.

I wonder what the allowable testosterone level is for track athletes assigned female at birth is.
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:01 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:04 pm Have tickets for next summer. won’t get to see her race…

I saw a Charlie Baker (new NCAA president) interview a month or so ago. When asked about transgender (particularly MTF) participation in the NCAA he stated the current rules are aligned with the international ruling body rules in each respective sport.

I wonder what the allowable testosterone level is for track athletes assigned female at birth is.
I have heard that the transgender athletes' testosterone levels are lower than females. More goes into it than that I realize. I would take a hard look at limiting any athlete that competed competitively post puberty in a men's sport to compete against women. The science isn't easy....there is natural genetic diversity even with male / female genders.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

NCAA has had rules about transgender athletes on the books for decades and limits to their activities based on the accepted science and other factors. You just didn't hear about it because the athletes are so rare and it wasn't a political football. The rules get updated regularly like all other rules.

I never really paid attention when taking the rules test because that stuff generally wasn't on there.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Oh NO ! No good deed goes unpunished.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/chi ... -backlash/

Chicago Gay Bars Pull Bud Light to Protest Anheuser-Busch’s Response to Mulvaney Backlash

Some Chicago gay bars have removed Anheuser-Busch products, including Bud Light, from their shelves to protest the company’s response to the backlash over its ad campaign with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Mark Robertson and Mike Sullivan, who own four gay bars on Chicago’s North Side, axed Bud Light and the Chicago-based brew Goose Island from their menus after Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth issued a clarifying statement on the Mulvaney fiasco that did not meet their standards, the Chicago Tribune reported. Robertson co-owns 2Bears Tavern, Jackhammer, The Sofo Tap and Meeting House Tavern in Chicago.

Is Anthropologie the Next Bud Light?
Bud Light Now Offering Free Beer to Wholesalers amid Plummeting Sales
HSBC Downgrades Anheuser-Busch Stock over Bud Light Sales ‘Crisis’
“When we really need support is when a portion of our community is under direct attack on a day-in and day-out basis, which is what is happening to the transgender community,” Robertson told the publication. “This choice by AB InBev, to cut and run as fast as you can away from the conflict, that’s just not what we see as being truly supportive.”

While conservative critics hardly considered Whitworth’s statement an apology to the customers the brand alienated with the Mulvaney stunt, some progressive proponents of LGBT activism believed it conceded too much.

“We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people,” Whitworth wrote. “We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer. As CEO of Anheuser-Busch, I am focused on building and protecting our remarkable history and heritage.”

The two Chicago entrepreneurs were also upset that Whitworth later tried to further dodge responsibility for the Mulvaney collaboration in an investor conference call by claiming it was not an internally-spearheaded idea but a pitch from external advisers. That was the “real crowning point” that made him want to abandon Anheuser-Busch, Robertson told the Chicago Tribune.

“We simply removed the products because we believe that in order to be a vendor to us and sell your products in our establishments, you cannot be hostile toward any part of our community,” Robertson said. “We took this as hostility toward a significant part of our community.”

The Chicago gay bar boycotts add to the massive sales losses Bud Light has incurred since the Mulvaney partnership.

In April, Bud Light sales dropped 21.4 percent while Budweiser sales dropped 11.5 percent. Meanwhile, Bud Light’s major competitor Coors Light gained 10.9 percent in sales for the month.

On Monday, the financial firm HSBC downgraded the stock of Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABI) to a “hold” amid growing concerns that backlash against the Mulvaney debacle continues to hamper sales.

The company has taken other rectifying action to minimize the blowback, including placing marketing executives Alissa Heinerscheid and Daniel Blake, who managed the viral Mulvaney Instagram posts, on leave.

Sidetrack, another Chicago bar that is owned by LGBT activists, said in a statement on Instragram that it will no longer offer Anheuser-Busch beers, specifically citing the company’s decision to discontinue the Mulvaney campaign and dismiss the employees behind it.

“Until Anheuser-Busch can clearly demonstrate that they will not acquiesce to the voices of hate that wish to erase LGBTQ+ existence, Sidetrack will continue to boycott their products,” the statement said. “Until then, Sidetrack will continue to partner with brands that work to give back to the LGBTQ+ Community and lift the voices of all its members.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:15 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:01 pm

I have heard that the transgender athletes' testosterone levels are lower than females. More goes into it than that I realize. I would take a hard look at limiting any athlete that competed competitively post puberty in a men's sport to compete against women. The science isn't easy....there is natural genetic diversity even with male / female genders.
This may interest you.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33648944/

https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 20-01389-3

Return to “POLITICS”