Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The IMPEACHMENT of President Asterisk

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:42 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:39 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:36 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:27 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:19 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:05 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:58 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:34 pm 2 of 4 Carter Page FISA warrants have been proven illegal!

Authority granted to the federal government to secretly wiretap and spy on former Trump affiliate Carter Page was “not valid,” the nation’s top spy court noted in a secret ruling penned earlier this month. The order from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC), which was created and authorized by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), was initially signed and issued on January 7, 2020, but was not declassified and released until Thursday afternoon.

Dude should sue Comey and gang til he retires. No government immunity.
Free Carter Page!
Free Trump!
After witnesses and documentary evidence, the senate is free to acquit him. I have no problem with that. Do you?
If you get the witnesses and documents, it will be much more difficult to acquit Orange Duce. That is why I don't think there is any chance of getting those things.
I want to see which brave Senators will vote to acquit after listening to witness testimony and seeing documented evidence. It worked for OJ. Senate is under no obligation to convict him. Old Salt wants an open investigation into Ukraine. I agree. After the Impeachment trial with witnesses and evidence, we should demand the same of Ukraine and other potentially corrupt countries that we support. Seems reasonable.
To which documents are you all referring ?
Which do you think?
That is why I am asking, you and jhu seem to know all about them.
You haven’t been following the process?
I guess you do not know.
No. I guess you are more interested in watching a monkey toss poop.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:55 pm
Thanks; nice little resource there!
Did you see the documents TLD and JHU speak of in there?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:17 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:55 pm
Thanks; nice little resource there!
Did you see the documents TLD and JHU speak of in there?
The documents can be exculpatory....what little I saw of Schiff, he said the documents could actually be in support of the President.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Thanks. Then why did you and JHU suggest it may make it harder for the Senate to acquit....if you truly do not know? that was the crux of my original ask.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:43 pm Thanks. Then why did you and JHU suggest it may make it harder for the Senate to acquit....if you truly do not know? that was the crux of my original ask.
Do you not know what the word "may" means?
“I wish you would!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

njbill wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:55 pm
foreverlax wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:26 pm Did Rudy do anything illegal?

Can he have both Trump and "The White House" as clients?

Can he be compelled to testify and claim attorney/client confidentiality or executive privilege?

How about liability for slander?
I don’t think Rudy can represent Trump both in his personal capacity and in his capacity as president at the same time for the same matter. In any event, Rudy has made it quite clear that (he claims) he is representing the president in his personal capacity.

It is a pet peeve of mine that the press keeps referring to Rudy as the president’s lawyer. Rudy may be a lawyer but he is not acting as Trump’s lawyer in his Ukraine shenanigans. If I am your lawyer and you hire me to cut your grass, I am not acting as your lawyer when I cut your grass.

Rudy is acting as a political operative for Trump, like Roger Stone. He isn’t acting as a lawyer for Trump.

Even if Rudy was acting as Trump’s lawyer, any conversations Rudy had with anyone other than Trump would not be privileged. Same with any written communications. If Rudy sent a document to or received one from someone else, the communication is not privileged.

To be privileged, among other things, the communication must be between the lawyer and the client for the purpose of giving or receiving legal advice. The communication must be “primarily or predominately of a legal character.” Any other communications between Trump and Rudy would not be privileged.

https://www.law.com/newyorklawjournal/2 ... nications/

In addition, even if a communication is covered by the attorney-client privilege, it is not protected from disclosure if the crime — fraud exception applies or if Rudy or Trump disclosed the content of the communication to someone else which would waive the privilege.
Thanks!
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“All this talk about “corruption” & “Ukraine,” yet silence about Paul Manafort who fueled political corruption in Ukraine propping up Putin’s candidates before Trump hired him to work for “free” on his 2016 campaign. GOP Senators knew Manafort was Putin’s guy but kept quiet.”

Alexandra Chalupa, who apparently is no longer desired for testimony.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:05 pm “All this talk about “corruption” & “Ukraine,” yet silence about Paul Manafort who fueled political corruption in Ukraine propping up Putin’s candidates before Trump hired him to work for “free” on his 2016 campaign. GOP Senators knew Manafort was Putin’s guy but kept quiet.”

Manafort got what he deserved. Gates skated. Let's follow the rest of the money.
The Ukrainian soldiers fighting in sneakers deserve to know & we need to help repatriate their money.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:12 pm
Trinity wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:05 pm “All this talk about “corruption” & “Ukraine,” yet silence about Paul Manafort who fueled political corruption in Ukraine propping up Putin’s candidates before Trump hired him to work for “free” on his 2016 campaign. GOP Senators knew Manafort was Putin’s guy but kept quiet.”

Manafort got what he deserved. Gates skated. Let's follow the rest of the money.
The Ukrainian soldiers fighting in sneakers deserve to know & we need to help repatriate their money.
Why hasn’t this been investigated during the past 3 years?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Because Amb Masha didn't trust the crooks in charge before Mr Z.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:44 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Because Amb Masha didn't trust the crooks in charge before Mr Z.
Should be next order of business after we get to the bottom of this impeachment ordeal.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

When it becomes the (R)'s turn, instead of replicating the (D)'s tedious telethon, they should adjourn until 8pm Mon night,
Then present a 1 hr documentary making their case, produced by a the same crew that makes the PBS Frontline documentaries.
That would generate enormous gratitude & good will from the Senators, the media & the viewing public.
Then spend 3 hrs Tues evening, in prime time, refuting the (D)'s lies & out of context hits.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:03 pm When it becomes the (R)'s turn, instead of replicating the (D)'s tedious telethon, they should adjourn until 8pm Mon night,
Then present a 1 hr documentary making their case, produced by a the same crew that makes the PBS Frontline documentaries.
That would generate enormous gratitude & good will from the Senators, the media & the viewing public.
Then spend 3 hrs Tues evening, in prime time, refuting the (D)'s lies & out of context hits.
So far, who has committed perjury?
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Can’t do that. That would preempt Tucker and Sean.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:03 pm When it becomes the (R)'s turn, instead of replicating the (D)'s tedious telethon, they should adjourn until 8pm Mon night,
You're on the wrong side of history. There are very few things I am certain of in my life, but this is one of them. Peace be with you.
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:17 pm
You're on the wrong side of history. There are very few things I am certain of in my life, but this is one of them. Peace be with you.
I'm just grateful (as Schiff reassured me), that the Ukrainians are fighting the Russians over there, so we don't have to fight them over here.
The Russians are coming. The Russians are coming.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:24 pm
I'm just grateful (as Schiff reassured me), that the Ukrainians are fighting the Russians over there, so we don't have to fight them over here.
The Russians just want general disarray in the short term so their ruling class can keep power and live the good life. The more we squabble amongst ourselves the less attention we pay them. We and the UK are giving them everything they want in global disorder while they spend 10% of what we do on their military.

You have to admit they are getting quite the return on their spending. A unified global presence surrounding our adversaries (Russia, Iran, Korea) with the US leading the way, is much more effective than a hundred countries engaging independently. That's Sun Tzu 101, divide and conquer. They even each that at the two-week Newport cotillion military school I imagine. :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Axios reporting that the dems have 3 votes but aren't likely to get the fourth. Not clear how any of them vote given this knowledge.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:24 pm
Your favorable, almost flippant attitude towards a corrupt, malignant, and murderous adversary like Russia (and its corrupt and dangerous dictator, Vladimir Putin) is really disturbing.

What is the matter with you?

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister

Return to “POLITICS”