Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
holmes435

Re: Orange Duce

Post by holmes435 »

Quote of the Day:

"Republicans elected a welfare queen. A broke taxcheat with 5 kids from 3 wives living in public housing."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:34 pm Quote of the Day:

"Republicans elected a welfare queen. A broke taxcheat with 5 kids from 3 wives living in public housing."
and he doesn't pay his bills.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:23 pm
CU88 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:45 am Can one of the IMPOTUS worshippers here defend this constant lie? He could make the "fake news" NTY story go away with one fell swoop...

Trump has claimed that he cannot release his tax records while they are being audited by the IRS — however, this is not true, writes Jake Horton for BBC News, who explains there is no legal authority prohibiting the release of presidents’ tax records during an ongoing IRS review.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54323383
One thing I have learned on a personal level about trumps tax shenanigans... I now know what fair share of taxes really is... ZERO BABY!! 8-)
we should move those tax rates back up, another 2 to 3% to where we were. better yet, +20% at the top!!
that'll show those corps and 1%ers! what's 20% of zero?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Tonight from 9-10:30. Should be good. Especially post- the NY Times piece...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:36 pm

And his debts are coming due...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:37 pm

Sometimes I really wonder if you're in business and not some radical lefty professor.

He is personally guaranteed on $429 million, on assets conservatively worth $2.5 billion (and that's the conservative estimate...others have them pegged north of $5 billion; this sum is net of total debt of $1 billion). This is hardly a workout scenario.

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbre ... f695786f27

Real estate owners constantly remortgage properties and take on higher debt so as to get tax free income; I do it myself with a hotel property in the northeast. Lenders lend based on assets and cash flow; 'Trump Inc.' as constituted today is perfectly fine. These loans will roll over with zero problems. And if even Ladder Cap wouldn't touch them, there are dozens of other lenders willing to step in and get that yield that Trump would need to (and could) pay if Ladder and DB balked.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:54 pm

Sometimes I really wonder if you're in business and not some radical lefty professor.

He is personally guaranteed on $429 million, on assets conservatively worth $2.5 billion (and that's the conservative estimate...others have them pegged north of $5 billion; that is net of total debt of $1 billion). This is hardly a workout scenario.

Real estate owners constantly remortgage properties and take on higher debt so as to get tax free income; I do it myself with a hotel property in the northeast. Lenders lend based on assets and cash flow; 'Trump Inc.' as constituted today is perfectly fine. These loans will roll over with zero problems. And if even Ladder Cap wouldn't touch them, there are dozens of other lenders willing to step in and get that yield that Trump would need to pay if Ladder and DB balked.
BS estimates of Trump's worth. I would be surprised if his actual net worth is more than a couple of hundred million.

Find the post I did yesterday looking at his golf courses in Scotland (analysis from Twitter). Vastly inflated values of real estate, that keep going up to cover the fact that Trump is probably money laundering...

And no, those loans will not roll over with no problems UNLESS Trump is still president, and then the ask will be large for Trump - and potentially dangerous for the USA.

I thought you were in the air services business. What the heck are you holding hotel real estate for? No wonder you are so desperate for "opening" the country up...
njbill

Post by njbill »

Trump once sued someone for calling him a thousand-aire. He dropped the case.

As Jethro says, we get all of the financing we need from Russia.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:01 pm Find the post I did yesterday looking at his golf courses in Scotland (analysis from Twitter). Vastly inflated values of real estate, that keep going up to cover the fact that Trump is probably money laundering...

And no, those loans will not roll over with no problems UNLESS Trump is still president, and then the ask will be large for Trump - and potentially dangerous for the USA.

I thought you were in the air services business. What the heck are you holding hotel real estate for? No wonder you are so desperate for "opening" the country up...
Didn't you accost me yesterday for posting "unsupported speculation. Not a whit of real evidence?" as fact?

Yet you do it here.

So I was right- you don't REALLY care about speculation, just the target of it.

Practice what you preach, big guy.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:31 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:01 pm Find the post I did yesterday looking at his golf courses in Scotland (analysis from Twitter). Vastly inflated values of real estate, that keep going up to cover the fact that Trump is probably money laundering...

Didn't you accost me yesterday for posting "unsupported speculation. Not a whit of real evidence?" as fact?

Yet you do it here.

Red’s post is junk. Straight up. I don’t care what Trump’s assets are worth but Mar a Lago has to be over $500,000,000 alone.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:01 pm

He is personally guaranteed on $429 million, on assets conservatively worth $2.5 billion (and that's the conservative estimate...others have them pegged north of $5 billion; that is net of total debt of $1 billion). This is hardly a workout scenario.

Real estate owners constantly remortgage properties and take on higher debt so as to get tax free income; I do it myself with a hotel property in the northeast. Lenders lend based on assets and cash flow; 'Trump Inc.' as constituted today is perfectly fine. These loans will roll over with zero problems. And if even Ladder Cap wouldn't touch them, there are dozens of other lenders willing to step in and get that yield that Trump would need to pay if Ladder and DB balked.
BS estimates of Trump's worth. I would be surprised if his actual net worth is more than a couple of hundred million.

Find the post I did yesterday looking at his golf courses in Scotland (analysis from Twitter). Vastly inflated values of real estate, that keep going up to cover the fact that Trump is probably money laundering...

ahhh, good catch.
That does explain PB's desperation. Needs Ron ohh so badly...wonder when his loans are coming due and whether he's personally guaranteed...

Yup, what Petey also doesn't seem to understand is that the downside of Trump financing each property separately is that when the loan is up, no other assets matter. That's fine if you're willing to flush investments in bankruptcies limiting your exposure to just that one deal, but it also means that the lender won't give you credit for the cash flows of other properties (if any such actually exist).

In the 80's Trump was still snowing investors/lenders with his braggadocio, while not personally guaranteeing the deals...so when they went south, the investors and lenders took a bath...and Trump then claimed the tax loss! (the laws no longer allow this). The issue with the $70+ million deduction he took that is what has kept him locked in battle with the IRS is that he went beyond what those laws actually allowed when he refinanced the properties and kept an interest ongoing instead of the total loss required. Oops, too aggressive. He's eventually going to have to cough that up. In the meantime, his lawyers are making serious bank.

By the end of the '80's, the investors/lenders with an ounce of brains and integrity were enormously PO'd, but had little recourse. But no more dough re me.

Fortunately for Trump, he stumbled into a venture that rewarded the braggadocio, TV, and began to generate some cash again. Kept him afloat, but it was something of a Ponzi scheme, in one door out the other, while maintaining a false image of success. But the bankers didn't forget.

But fortunately for Trump, he had long established relationships with the shadiest of shady international money sources, particularly Russian mob, so he recognized that he could be 'of service' to these and other such folks to help them 'move' and/or 'launder' their cash. Deutsche Banc became only one such funnel.

Trump's problem now is that he apparently went on the loans personally, and unless he can continue to be 'of service' to the lenders, they're looking at capturing what value they can when the loans come due, before the next tough guy gets his. Trump doesn't have enough to cover it all, and many of the properties are bleeding badly. So, the lenders won't want to be the last ones in the game of musical chairs without a chair.

BTW, Kushner has many of the same problems. It's undoubtedly why he couldn't get clearances, and why Kelly was so PO'd when Trump over rode him and the IC.

But....hold onto the Presidency and Trump and Kushner can continue to be "of service" in ways beyond the property interests.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:37 pm

Yet you do it here.

Red’s post is junk. Straight up. I don’t care what Trump’s assets are worth but Mar a Lago has to be over $500,000,000 alone.
Nope, Mar a Lago may be worth $100-150 million at most. Revenues are declining and post election, hoo boy expect big declines. But it has some hard asset, location value, so someone may take it off his hands when push comes to shove.

But hey, he only paid $10 million for it back in 1985, so there's some solace.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Yet you do it here.

The financial analyst that I quoted asked many people involved in accounting of that sort, and no one can understand the statements _except_ as some sort of way of hiding illegalities. So maybe not quite proven facts, but plenty of evidence for someone to run with. And not idle speculation.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:46 pm

Yet you do it here.

Nope, Mar a Lago may be worth $100-150 million at most. Revenues are declining and post election, hoo boy expect big declines. But it has some hard asset, location value, so someone may take it off his hands when push comes to shove.
And PB is making a MASSIVE (and probably untrue) assumption that Trump owns it without debt.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:48 pm

Yet you do it here.

The financial analyst that I quoted asked many people involved in accounting of that sort, and no one can understand the statements _except_ as some sort of way of hiding illegalities. So maybe not quite proven facts, but plenty of evidence for someone to run with. And not idle speculation.
Riiight!

;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:48 pm

Yet you do it here.

And PB is making a MASSIVE (and probably untrue) assumption that Trump owns it without debt.
Given his desperation for cash, very likely he's either mortgaged it at some point or pledged it to secure other loans...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:39 pm

ahhh, good catch.
That does explain PB's desperation. Needs Ron ohh so badly...wonder when his loans are coming due and whether he's personally guaranteed...

Yup, what Petey also doesn't seem to understand is that the downside of Trump financing each property separately is that when the loan is up, no other assets matter. That's fine if you're willing to flush investments in bankruptcies limiting your exposure to just that one deal, but it also means that the lender won't give you credit for the cash flows of other properties (if any such actually exist).

In the 80's Trump was still snowing investors/lenders with his braggadocio, while not personally guaranteeing the deals...so when they went south, the investors and lenders took a bath...and Trump then claimed the tax loss! (the laws no longer allow this). The issue with the $70+ million deduction he took that is what has kept him locked in battle with the IRS is that he went beyond what those laws actually allowed when he refinanced the properties and kept an interest ongoing instead of the total loss required. Oops, too aggressive. He's eventually going to have to cough that up. In the meantime, his lawyers are making serious bank.

By the end of the '80's, the investors/lenders with an ounce of brains and integrity were enormously PO'd, but had little recourse. But no more dough re me.

Fortunately for Trump, he stumbled into a venture that rewarded the braggadocio, TV, and began to generate some cash again. Kept him afloat, but it was something of a Ponzi scheme, in one door out the other, while maintaining a false image of success. But the bankers didn't forget.

But fortunately for Trump, he had long established relationships with the shadiest of shady international money sources, particularly Russian mob, so he recognized that he could be 'of service' to these and other such folks to help them 'move' and/or 'launder' their cash. Deutsche Banc became only one such funnel.

Trump's problem now is that he apparently went on the loans personally, and unless he can continue to be 'of service' to the lenders, they're looking at capturing what value they can when the loans come due, before the next tough guy gets his. Trump doesn't have enough to cover it all, and many of the properties are bleeding badly. So, the lenders won't want to be the last ones in the game of musical chairs without a chair.

BTW, Kushner has many of the same problems. It's undoubtedly why he couldn't get clearances, and why Kelly was so PO'd when Trump over rode him and the IC.

But....hold onto the Presidency and Trump and Kushner can continue to be "of service" in ways beyond the property interests.
there are a lot of people out there that know a lot more than moi about real estate, and you are one of them....
but you're old enough to remember the guys in md/dc that pers guaranteed loans in the development bus in the 90s and mid-2000s. with the thought "wt-f did he do that for?"

some got slammed. others came out smelling like a rose.

trump - just an observation - has given himself a lot of credit for coming out smelling like a rose. his lucky charm may run out some day, and soon, but that's a bet i wouldn't make.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Yet you do it here.

But hey, he only paid $10 million for it back in 1985, so there's some solace.

There are PB estates selling with 1/4 the acreage for $150 million and worse location.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:08 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:39 pm

ahhh, good catch.

there are a lot of people out there that know a lot more than moi about real estate, and you are one of them....
but you're old enough to remember the guys in md/dc that pers guaranteed loans in the development bus in the 90s and mid-2000s. with the thought "wt-f did he do that for?"

some got slammed. others came out smelling like a rose.

trump - just an observation - has given himself a lot of credit for coming out smelling like a rose. his lucky charm may run out some day, and soon, but that's a bet i wouldn't make.
Trump has not come out smelling like a rose. That’s why he only has two lenders. One of the NY Banks does some wealth management for the family. Trump has managed to stave off his creditors. He may be able to get something done but at much higher rates. Trump is on record for saying he values his assets by gut and what he thinks they are worth. What he says he is worth and what appraisals show are two different things.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/opinion/a ... at-bayrock
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”