2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:21 am
Bandito wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:54 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:16 pm :lol: :lol: But the liberals around here double down, b/c, well, all the cool kids are doing it. ;)
They live in an elitist echo chamber that is for sure. It is breathtaking to behold how clueless the holier than thou are on this cesspool of a message board. The best part about it, of course unless the Democrats steal the election again, will be the meltdown of 95% of this place when the Red Tsunami hits. It will be of epic proportions. Their masks and 5th booster won't even help protect them from the reckoning that is about to hit.

Can't wait.

Though the election should be a red tsunami, for many reasons I am not sold. The Roe reversal will clearly play a part in some tight states like Pennsylvania (even though Oz is definitely pro-choice, even if he doesn't say so). Some easy races like Georgia are tight simply because Walker isn't exactly a top-tier candidate. And other races are so close that even a 1% mail-in balloting or harvesting scheme will tip the scales the other way.

I do think the odds are for a red tsunami, but I've been wrong so often making political predictions, I'll hold off this time. If you re-elect a Democrat, you are voting for lockdowns, vaccine incoherence, high crime, a highly partisan DOJ, recession, inflation, and bananas legislation regarding trans kids/global warming/etc...

Regardless of the outcome, Republicans deserve to win, Democrats to lose. It's the only way to reassert some normalcy in America.
Petey, you made your predictions a long time ago. You predicted massive GOP victories. Most of us thought that was more likely than not, given historical precedents and where we are in the economic cycle, pandemic overhang, etc.

But there you go again buying into MAGA world...true colors showing through.

Such a bad troll.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Wow. In what world do republicans "deserve" to win? Trump World i guess. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Republicans are running on fear alone. Fear of crime, fear of inflation...and doing nothing but blaming about these two subjects. AS IF they had a clue about what to do about either thing. They very conveniently forget that spending EXPLODED under Donald Trump...the deficit EXPLODED under Donald Trump...and as far as crime is concerned...the ONLY they will likely due is attempt to get more guns into the population to "deal with" crime.

It's a sad joke. We all know that the Republican Party has morphed into a racist, bigoted, aggrieved bunch of blame-hurling old white guys and un-informed others that live in the culture wars and in Donald trump's image: going thru life slurping up his lies and living by them in their own.

Meanwhile, Michale Moore (who correctly predicted that DJT would win in 2016) continues to predict a "Roe-vember" that may sweep these people away.

‘I’m deadly serious’: why film-maker Michael Moore is confident of a Democratic midterm win

We shall see.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:46 am Wow. In what world do republicans "deserve" to win? Trump World i guess. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Republicans are running on fear alone. Fear of crime, fear of inflation...and doing nothing but blaming about these two subjects. AS IF they had a clue about what to do about either thing. They very conveniently forget that spending EXPLODED under Donald Trump...the deficit EXPLODED under Donald Trump...and as far as crime is concerned...the ONLY they will likely due is attempt to get more guns into the population to "deal with" crime.

It's a sad joke. We all know that the Republican Party has morphed into a racist, bigoted, aggrieved bunch of blame-hurling old white guys and un-informed others that live in the culture wars and in Donald trump's image: going thru life slurping up his lies and living by them in their own.

Meanwhile, Michale Moore (who correctly predicted that DJT would win in 2016) continues to predict a "Roe-vember" that may sweep these people away.

‘I’m deadly serious’: why film-maker Michael Moore is confident of a Democratic midterm win

We shall see.

I won't reply to everything you wrote, but let me tell you why Democrats deserve to lose with a vengeance. It's a tiny anecdote, but to me and many more, it symbolizes why the Democratic Party is fundamentally incapable of governing. And it has nothing specifically to do with inflation nor crime, though the decision embedded in the story shows you why you should doubt any Democratic use of power.

Do you recall when Democratic politicians in California bulldozed sand into skate parks in Venice CA and other venues, to prevent kids from skating? Think through the mental mechanics of doing that. One, people need to get outside in every event, always, the one exception being a nuclear bomb. Two, exercise and sunshine were good for you, to help with Covid. Three, kids themselves are almost immune from Covid. Four, there was absulutey not one minute of public debate about this; it was simply a unilateral order by an unaccountable body of leftist politicians, freely scratching the itch to act in a wholly fascistic manner.

You can not reward the disastrous decisions made by Democrats the last two years, about Covid, crime, inflation...pretty much everything. I am sorry. Time to rebalance this country.
Bart

Post by Bart »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:59 am
dislaxxic wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:46 am Wow. In what world do republicans "deserve" to win? Trump World i guess. Nothing could be further from the truth.

We shall see.

I won't reply to everything you wrote, but let me tell you why Democrats deserve to lose with a vengeance. It's a tiny anecdote, but to me and many more, it symbolizes why the Democratic Party is fundamentally incapable of governing. And it has nothing specifically to do with inflation nor crime, though the decision embedded in the story shows you why you should doubt any Democratic use of power.

Do you recall when Democratic politicians in California bulldozed sand into skate parks in Venice CA and other venues, to prevent kids from skating? Think through the mental mechanics of doing that. One, people need to get outside in every event, always, the one exception being a nuclear bomb. Two, exercise and sunshine were good for you, to help with Covid. Three, kids themselves are almost immune from Covid. Four, there was absulutey not one minute of public debate about this; it was simply a unilateral order by an unaccountable body of leftist politicians, freely scratching the itch to act in a wholly fascistic manner.

You can not reward the disastrous decisions made by Democrats the last two years, about Covid, crime, inflation...pretty much everything. I am sorry. Time to rebalance this country.
Learn something new here every day. Who knew kids were almost immune to COVID.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

We shall see.
... Moore has been consistent in his story for the past couple months, it hasn't changed; If democrats turnout their base, they win. Obama's campaign director that lost the 2010 mid-term says he knows what a red tsunami looks like, and this isn't it. Current polling is much better for democrats than in 2010, he would trade this situation for the one he had, in a heart beat. Everything is close, within the margin of error. There are also questions / indications that the turnout models are wrong, perhaps very wrong.

My take, this is a big wait and see, I can believe almost anything will happen.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bart wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:12 pm

We shall see.

... :lol: :lol:
elonmuskrockefeller

We shall see.

"Children and adolescents are generally at low risk of infection, and if they become infected it is likely to be mild"

https://www.who.int/europe/activities/c ... n-children

The decision to bulldoze sand into skateparks is symptomatic of a deeper problem with Democratic politicians. There is no arguing this fact.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:59 amI won't reply to everything you wrote, but let me tell you why Democrats deserve to lose with a vengeance. It's a tiny anecdote, but to me and many more, it symbolizes why the Democratic Party is fundamentally incapable of governing. And it has nothing specifically to do with inflation nor crime, though the decision embedded in the story shows you why you should doubt any Democratic use of power.

Boy is THAT a warped notion of what "governing" is.

Evidently, officials in Venice beach were concerned about gatherings of people in close proximity during the height of COVID infection. The sand idea was actually pretty smart, as it was easily removed when the infection rates subsided...

Compare that action with THIS:

What a numbnut. THIS is how trumpublican MAGAts "govern".

Over a million Americans died. Trump LITERALLY has blood on his hands. Yeah, let's let him back in the Oval Office. What a joke.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Bart

Post by Bart »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:18 pm

We shall see.

"Children and adolescents are generally at low risk of infection, and if they become infected it is likely to be mild"

https://www.who.int/europe/activities/c ... n-children

The decision to bulldoze sand into skateparks is symptomatic of a deeper problem with Democratic politicians. There is no arguing this fact.
Interesting.....
Lets see: 3 in four children have antibodies to COVID according to this: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-01231-y

or the AAP reports that nearly 15 million children have been infected : https://www.aap.org/en/pages/2019-novel ... ta-report/

or the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7117e3.htm

Children are much better off when they have contacted the virus. Data certainly does suggest that, no qualms there. I just have seen no data that suggests the naive immune system of children somehow protects them better.

Yes, filling in skate parks is really stupid.
ardilla secreta

Re: 2022 Midterms, New York

Post by ardilla secreta »

I don’t trust anybody running on crime. Have to admit that it’s a campaign that works on the general society, but it’s bogus and intentionally misleading.

That’s Lee Zeldin’s main scare tactic. In his ads he states on day 1 he wants to create a crime emergency. Crime is generally down except for murder. I don’t know how he’s going to change that with the gun culture behind him. I’m sure he doesn’t like bail reform which doesn’t pertain to murder suspects, but he doesn’t care because few know the laws when so much misinformation is being thrown out there. The bottom line is that he supports Trump and all the election lies that go with it. There’s no way he’s going to lower taxes because nobody wants to give up anything. He’s got nothing except a weenie which will appease those that don’t like the way the woman candidate smiles.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Liverpool weather:
High 75, low 63.
It's five o'clock somewhere. See ya. :mrgreen:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

DMac wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:12 pm Liverpool weather:
High 75, low 63.
Interesting. So you’re saying under the circumstances I can bug out of work and enjoy a beverage in this beautiful insect free autumn weather? Is that what I’m hearing?
Seacoaster(1)

Re: 2022 Midterms, New York

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:44 pm I don’t trust anybody running on crime. Have to admit that it’s a campaign that works on the general society, but it’s bogus and intentionally misleading.

That’s Lee Zeldin’s main scare tactic. In his ads he states on day 1 he wants to create a crime emergency. Crime is generally down except for murder. I don’t know how he’s going to change that with the gun culture behind him. I’m sure he doesn’t like bail reform which doesn’t pertain to murder suspects, but he doesn’t care because few know the laws when so much misinformation is being thrown out there. The bottom line is that he supports Trump and all the election lies that go with it. There’s no way he’s going to lower taxes because nobody wants to give up anything. He’s got nothing except a weenie which will appease those that don’t like the way the woman candidate smiles.
Exactly. +1.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:16 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:12 pm Liverpool weather:
High 75, low 63.
Interesting. So you’re saying under the circumstances I can bug out of work and enjoy a beverage in this beautiful insect free autumn weather? Is that what I’m hearing?
Your hearing is excellent.
Absolutely.
njbill

Post by njbill »

It sure seems odd to me that that Rs are running on crime, yet at the same time want to do away with all gun laws and regulations.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

elonmuskrockefeller

njbill wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:27 pm It sure seems odd to me that that Rs are running on crime, yet at the same time want to do away with all gun laws and regulations.

Legally-owned guns make up a miniscule amount of gun crime. Most people who commit assault, robbery, or murder with a gun anywhere in the U.S. are disqualified under federal law from being in possession of a gun due to age, criminal record, addiction status, immigration status or other reason.

Existing gun laws and regulations, IF they were implemented, would stop most gun crimes. Republicans are running 'on crime' because Democratic politicians won't enforce the laws that have already been passed. And if Democrats won't enforce the gun laws passed, then innocent citizens pay the price.

The only way to help innocent citizens survive is to enable them to legally acquire firearms.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:16 pm

We shall see.

... with 15.8 million American kids 0 through 17, ~21% of the US population catching COVID, they are hardly "almost immune". :roll: :roll:
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elonmuskrockefeller

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:50 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:16 pm

We shall see.

... with 15.8 million American kids 0 through 17 catching COVID, they are hardly "almost immune". :roll: :roll:

I could be more precise with my language; what I meant is Covid has almost no serious consequences for the vast majority of children, but lockdowns do.

"The available evidence indicates the direct impact of COVID-19 on child, adolescent and youth mortality to be limited. However, there is concern that the indirect effects of the pandemic on mortality in these age groups stemming from strained health systems, household income loss, and disruptions to care-seeking and preventative interventions like vaccination may be more substantial".

https://data.unicef.org/topic/child-survival/covid-19/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

~1900 dead, those 15.8 million have a 2.5 times increased chance of developing diabetes within a year of the infection. No big deal.

Return to “POLITICS”