NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxxal22

Re: NESCAC 2020

Post by Laxxal22 »

MA Lax Fan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:24 am The majority of the most vulnerable have been vaccinated - why they didn’t let kids get back to a sense of normal on campus is pathetic.

I have a feeling the NESCAC’s will be in pandemic mode for the next few years regardless of the cases and deaths plummeting.
Fixed it for you. This isn't fully over yet for northern states; just look at Michigan. Stinks for the students, athletes, and families but it's not worthy of condemnation.
SimpleLax

Post by SimpleLax »

Penn just got approval to play so at least 1 Ivy will be on the field this season. Believe many others caught in same issue as Bowdoin in severely limiting the number of people on campus which would make it tough to field a team anyway and if you allowed primarily athletes back on campus would create a sh*tstorm no adm8nistration wants to deal with.

Note Penn players keep extra year of eligibility if team plays less than 30% of maximum allowed schedule, which for D3 lacrosse was set at 13 games this season, not sure for D1.

Similarly the “blanket waiver” for D3 athletes for the 2020-2021 season had fine print, only if team played less than 50% of maximum allowed regular season schedule (conference playoffs and NCAA playoff games do not count against limit). So while we ache about Tufts having no OOC listed, Danolfo is smarter than the average bear and maybe preserving a year for his kids, some of which may do grad school at Tufts, by keeping schedule below 7 games. Allows Tufts some warm up games before making a run to Natty and potentially keeps the team stacked for an extra year down the road. Now maybe handcuffed by administration but makes me think a lot of brains between those big Jumbo ears.
Dave

Post by Dave »

That fine print is interesting...and actually makes sense. Did we ever figure out if a D3 NESCAC player with a blanket waiver for 20/21 can go to grad school at a D1 program and use that year of eligibility, or would the grad school program need to be in D3? Seems to me that the blanket waiver would apply but hard to tell and again...the fine print.

With that I hear Trinity has at least one Covid case on the team and have cancelled thier next 3 OOC games going back to last Wednesday. Still showing Conn on 4/3 as the last OOC game before the 4 conference games. Conn has picked up a game v Nichols on Saturday....no others on the schedule from what I can tell for any other NESCAC
ergit

Post by ergit »

The number of contests/ participation is not relevant.
https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/compli ... AGuide.pdf

Have a look at page 9, question #5.
smoova

Post by smoova »

delete
Last edited by smoova on Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swf

Post by swf »

SimpleLax » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:48 am
…. Danolfo is smarter than the average bear …. Now maybe handcuffed by administration but makes me think a lot of brains between those big Jumbo ears.
Hey Coach,
Never even noticed your ears. Also, in today’s PC environment nobody would mention them.
As for your brains; why not start playing chess and slip that into your bio.
Better strategy than schvitzing in an open forum.
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

Regardless of all this bullshih, across all divisions (1,2 and 3) there is going to be an asterisk next to the deemed champion for this year, similar to how march madness is going. It's not a real season so basically forget about it being anything close to one.
ergit

Post by ergit »

Lots of good teams playing this season. If NESCAC teams don’t want to show up, that’s not anyone else's problem.
Sour grapes...
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

ergit wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:27 pm Lots of good teams playing this season. If NESCAC teams don’t want to show up, that’s not anyone else's problem.
Sour grapes...
Correct. Enough of the asterisk nonsense. It’s only being spoken of by those who’s teams are either not playing entirely, not playing enough, or in a down year.

Move on. If this lacrosse season is a source of negative energy for you, find another outlet.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

Seems like every ‘legit’ team outside the conference is playing lacrosse this season. Don’t think there’s gonna be any asterisks come NCAA tourney time if everyone stays Covid free.
I drive a Dodge Stratus.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

There won’t be any asterisks even if people don’t stay covid free. You play the team in front of you.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Faxlax

Post by Faxlax »

If the league decides not to play, those teams have forfeited the ability to complain about what is done by the teams that play
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Faxlax wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:16 pm If the league decides not to play, those teams have forfeited the ability to complain about what is done by the teams that play
+1
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Ronan Jacoby heading to Rutgers as a grad transfer for 2022. Will be interesting to see how he fits in that offense and does at the Big Ten level.
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:50 pm There won’t be any asterisks even if people don’t stay covid free. You play the team in front of you.
Any asterisks (legit or not) will fade with time - The only thing that will endure will be the team awarded the championship.
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

Almost started a NESCAC 2021 thread with this article but didn't know if this was already common knowledge:

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ions/57493
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Faxlax wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:16 pm If the league decides not to play, those teams have forfeited the ability to complain about what is done by the teams that play
I'm not sure I would blame the teams...they aren't the ones in the league office making decisions on whether they get to play or not. Teams have every right to be angry if they can't play while others can.
ergit

Post by ergit »

NESCAC teams not playing have a right to be angry. I think the post was referencing those who would place an ‘asterisk’ on the eventual champion.
Dave

Post by Dave »

intent to play or not play is one thing...but schedule seems to be irrelevant anyway is it is turning out. Conn had their game v WNE cancelled b/c of Covid at WNE. Trinit just cancelled a bunch of games, including the game with Conn on Saturday 4/3 due to Covid cases on the team....i think seeing games on the schedule is giving us all hope...but they still have to actually play the games....
Dave

Post by Dave »

Trinity and Bates still having some covid issues...fingers crossed that their games hold for the weekend. Conn ended up getting a OoC game...wasn't a close game - but nice to have someone in the NESCAC get a game in....

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”