Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The IMPEACHMENT of President Asterisk

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:43 pm That's not partisan (I personally strongly dislike Hill), but just factual.

Carry on PB.
One single solitary poster in the almost 20 year history of the Water Cooler, and now new site is a Hillary fan. One. DocB.

The vast majority of us here can't stand Hillary. But don't tell Pete. It gets in the way of his Hannity-diatribes, and we can't have that.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:43 pm PB -- read up and tell us something other than "Uranium One!!!" And if you do, recognize that most of the bankers, businessmen and lawyers on this board actually know what CFIUS is and how it worksd. So you'll have to do a bit better than just pee on our leg.

We can get that lame content from Hannity easily. I come here to hear someone tell me something I don't otherwise know (regardless of partisan lean).

FYI, from the link posted above regarding Clinton Foundation:

Another philanthropy watchdog, CharityWatch, a project of the American Institute of Philanthropy, gave the Clinton Foundation an “A” rating.

Daniel Borochoff, president and founder of CharityWatch, told us by phone that its analysis of the finances of the Clinton Foundation and its affiliates found that about 89 percent of the foundation budget is spent on programming (or “charity”), higher than the 75 percent considered the industry standard.

So while there's definitely some conflict issues regarding the CF operations, most of the money went for fine charitable works. The record shows that can't be said about Trump's slush fund.
Are not most of the funds dispensed by the CF passed on to other charities, with their own embedded admin costs ?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:58 pm
ggait wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:43 pm PB -- read up and tell us something other than "Uranium One!!!" And if you do, recognize that most of the bankers, businessmen and lawyers on this board actually know what CFIUS is and how it worksd. So you'll have to do a bit better than just pee on our leg.

We can get that lame content from Hannity easily. I come here to hear someone tell me something I don't otherwise know (regardless of partisan lean).

FYI, from the link posted above regarding Clinton Foundation:

Another philanthropy watchdog, CharityWatch, a project of the American Institute of Philanthropy, gave the Clinton Foundation an “A” rating.

Daniel Borochoff, president and founder of CharityWatch, told us by phone that its analysis of the finances of the Clinton Foundation and its affiliates found that about 89 percent of the foundation budget is spent on programming (or “charity”), higher than the 75 percent considered the industry standard.

So while there's definitely some conflict issues regarding the CF operations, most of the money went for fine charitable works. The record shows that can't be said about Trump's slush fund.
Are not most of the funds dispensed by the CF passed on to other charities, with their own embedded admin costs ?
A United Way model?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

The Clinton Foundation is a public charity.
“I wish you would!”
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:10 pm The Clinton Foundation is a public charity.
Missed the article, I'd say.
Typical Lax Dad

ToastDunk wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:14 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:10 pm The Clinton Foundation is a public charity.
Missed the article, I'd say.
https://www.npr.org/2016/10/17/49815441 ... oundations
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Back to the topic:

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploaded ... .18.20.pdf

And the "President's" response:

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper ... pdf#page=1

The President's response is amateur hour. It's painful.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Salty — FWIW, the CF actually operates its own operating programs. It does very little donating to other programs. It is the charity and it also raises the funds for its own programs.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

PB.

You mentioned your belief that the CF was formed to provide massive salaries to FOBs. Who is that exactly?

Top salary per IRS records is $395k annual to the CEO. For an organization with 2000 employees, that doesn’t seem exorbitant. And bill hill and Chelsea take no salaries.

Please enlighten us. Since you say these things you must have some facts, no?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:17 pm Just today we get treated to Lara Trump mocking Joe Biden's stammer in Iowa - disgusting
Captain Sullenberger puts Lara Trump in her place (at the bottom of a trash can)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/18/opin ... trump.html

"Capt. ‘Sully’ Sullenberger: Like Joe Biden, I Once Stuttered, Too. I Dare You to Mock Me.

The retired pilot responds to recent comments from the president’s daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, on the way the former vice president talks.

As a small boy in Denison, Texas, I remember vividly the anguish of being called on in grade school, knowing that I was going to have a hard time getting the words out; that my words could not keep up with my mind, and they would often come out jumbled. My neck and face would quickly begin to flush a bright red, the searing heat rising all the way to the top of my head; every eye in the room on me; the intense and painful humiliation, and bullying that would follow, all because of my inability to get the words out.

Those feelings came rushing back, when I heard Lara Trump mocking former Vice President Joe Biden at a Trump campaign event, with the very words that caused my childhood agony. “Joe, can you get it out?” Ms. Trump was seen saying onstage, as a few giggles are heard from an otherwise silent audience. “Let’s get the words out, Joe.”

In the interest of full disclosure, I attended a fundraiser last year for the Biden campaign, but this issue goes beyond politics.Regardless of how you feel about Joe Biden, or his chances of becoming the Democratic nominee for president; whether you are a Republican, a Democrat, or none of the above; whether you stuttered as a child or laughed at one who did; whether as a parent you try to protect your own stuttering child from taunts such as those made by the president’s daughter-in-law; these words come without hesitation: Stop. Grow up. Show some decency. People who can’t have no place in public life.

What might a child who stutters, as I did, feel when they hear a grown-up on a public stage trying to make a bunch of other adults laugh by ridiculing a public figure who also stutters?

This culture of cruelty is what drives decent people from public service, and what makes millions of Americans recoil from politics, and even from participating in our democracy. Vice President Biden has spoken openly — and courageously, in my view — about the pain of his severe childhood stutter. He takes time to reach out to children who have suffered as he did.

As I grew older, I learned to manage and overcome my stuttering, through much hard work and intense focus. I learned to slow down and to enunciate each word with precision. I joined the church choir, and found that singing helped me to practice controlling my breath, and the formation of words. I learned to resist and overcome the bullying.

I also learned that our imperfections do not define us.

The fact that I once stuttered did not keep me from being a successful U.S. Air Force fighter pilot, an airline pilot, or even a public speaker.

And on that frigid day in January 2009, when I had to tell the air traffic controller at New York Departure Control that I was about to land US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River, after a bird strike following takeoff caused both engines to fail, my words came out with precision and control, even in the stress of a life-threatening emergency.

So, to every child who feels today, what I felt, after hearing those cruel remarks by an adult who should know better, here is what I want you to know:

You are fine, just as you are. You can do any job you dream of when you grow up. You can be a pilot who lands your plane on a river and helps save lives, or a president who treats people with respect, rather than making fun of them. You can become a teacher to kids who stutter. A speech disorder is a lot easier to treat than a character defect. You become a true leader, not because of how you speak, but because of what you have to say — and the challenges you have overcome to help others. Ignore kids (and adults) who are mean, or don’t know what it feels like to stutter. Respond by showing them how to be kind, polite, respectful and generous, to be brave enough to try big things, even though you are not perfect.

Do that, and the sky is the limit. Take it from me."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:52 am PB.

You mentioned your belief that the CF was formed to provide massive salaries to FOBs. Who is that exactly?

Top salary per IRS records is $395k annual to the CEO. For an organization with 2000 employees, that doesn’t seem exorbitant. And bill hill and Chelsea take no salaries.

https://paddockpost.com/2018/01/06/wher ... dation-go/

Like all matters, perhaps a dose of nuance and skepticism might help. Where are those employees living? Fayetteville versus NYC is a big COLA. Do you ‘actually’ know their total benefits package? How many ‘executives’ have fat salaries? How many of these employees work also for the CGI? Does Bill Clinton directly benefit from this Foundation via higher speaking fees and book advances? Why did donations to this Foundation drop so significantly after Hillary lost in 2016? Why did the Clintons start a ‘Foundation’ (they actually have a tiny actual “foundation”, in the traditional sense; ‘foundations’ give grants, they don’t operate such as this one). Why didn’t the Clintons simply raise money for the hundreds of reputable charitable orgs performing the exact same work this ‘Foundation’ purports to do? Why add even more management waste?

Embedded in your post is (par for the course on this board) a faulty premise: a ‘salary’ of $395,000 for any non-profit is acceptable; I thought the honor in the mission would be enough. You can buy a sweet residence in Fayetteville with $100k.

But of course it’s more than that. Many here are suspiciously quick to pull the ‘technically nothing the Clintons have done is illegal’. The ‘Bill, Hill, Chelsea take no salaries’ is amusing. Let’s reorient that fact: Trump got busted for a $2 million sham. Bill Hillary and Chelsea charter Private Jets every year more than that sum. What a gig when you can get it. Nothing to see here, we are important lawyers and I-bankers definitely not living in an echo chamber bubble.

Orange man bad. 🤷‍♂️
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:46 am
ggait wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:52 am PB.

https://paddockpost.com/2018/01/06/wher ... dation-go/

Like all matters, perhaps a dose of nuance and skepticism might help. Where are those employees living? Fayetteville versus NYC is a big COLA. Do you ‘actually’ know their total benefits package? How many ‘executives’ have fat salaries? How many of these employees work also for the CGI? Does Bill Clinton directly benefit from this Foundation via higher speaking fees and book advances? Why did donations to this Foundation drop so significantly after Hillary lost in 2016? Why did the Clintons start a ‘Foundation’ (they actually have a tiny actual “foundation”, in the traditional sense; ‘foundations’ give grants, they don’t operate such as this one). Why didn’t the Clintons simply raise money for the hundreds of reputable charitable orgs performing the exact same work this ‘Foundation’ purports to do? Why add even more management waste?

Embedded in your post is (par for the course on this board) a faulty premise: a ‘salary’ of $395,000 for any non-profit is acceptable; I thought the honor in the mission would be enough. You can buy a sweet residence in Fayetteville with $100k.

But of course it’s more than that. Many here are suspiciously quick to pull the ‘technically nothing the Clintons have done is illegal’. The ‘Bill, Hill, Chelsea take no salaries’ is amusing. Let’s reorient that fact: Trump got busted for a $2 million sham. Bill Hillary and Chelsea charter Private Jets every year more than that sum. What a gig when you can get it. Nothing to see here, we are important lawyers and I-bankers definitely not living in an echo chamber bubble.

Orange man bad. 🤷‍♂️
Keep doubling down PB. It's revealing.

You provide zero facts or logic to support your diatribe about the Clinton Foundation and ignore the facts, supported by links to sources, provided by others.

As pointed out above, we can only recall one person on the Water Cooler who actually liked or likes the Clintons. The rest of us do not. Most of us would have zero issue with seeing the Clintons nailed for wrongdoing.

Trump admitted to the criminal activities of his foundation.
He and his family are forbidden in the future.
For Trump, the law is merely a friction to his venality.

Get outside the right wing media bubble, PB.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Dems should answer the Trump response with emojis. Oh look, more pics from Lev.
Attachments
153066DD-2CD6-44AD-9E1F-12020B64027C.jpeg
153066DD-2CD6-44AD-9E1F-12020B64027C.jpeg (30.03 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
Last edited by Trinity on Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Kismet wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:53 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:17 pm Just today we get treated to Lara Trump mocking Joe Biden's stammer in Iowa - disgusting
Captain Sullenberger puts Lara Trump in her place (at the bottom of a trash can)

"Capt. ‘Sully’ Sullenberger: Like Joe Biden, I Once Stuttered, Too. I Dare You to Mock Me.

The retired pilot responds to recent comments from the president’s daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, on the way the former vice president talks.

As a small boy in Denison, Texas, I remember vividly the anguish of being called on in grade school, knowing that I was going to have a hard time getting the words out; that my words could not keep up with my mind, and they would often come out jumbled. My neck and face would quickly begin to flush a bright red, the searing heat rising all the way to the top of my head; every eye in the room on me; the intense and painful humiliation, and bullying that would follow, all because of my inability to get the words out.

Those feelings came rushing back, when I heard Lara Trump mocking former Vice President Joe Biden at a Trump campaign event, with the very words that caused my childhood agony. “Joe, can you get it out?” Ms. Trump was seen saying onstage, as a few giggles are heard from an otherwise silent audience. “Let’s get the words out, Joe.”

In the interest of full disclosure, I attended a fundraiser last year for the Biden campaign, but this issue goes beyond politics.Regardless of how you feel about Joe Biden, or his chances of becoming the Democratic nominee for president; whether you are a Republican, a Democrat, or none of the above; whether you stuttered as a child or laughed at one who did; whether as a parent you try to protect your own stuttering child from taunts such as those made by the president’s daughter-in-law; these words come without hesitation: Stop. Grow up. Show some decency. People who can’t have no place in public life.

What might a child who stutters, as I did, feel when they hear a grown-up on a public stage trying to make a bunch of other adults laugh by ridiculing a public figure who also stutters?

This culture of cruelty is what drives decent people from public service, and what makes millions of Americans recoil from politics, and even from participating in our democracy. Vice President Biden has spoken openly — and courageously, in my view — about the pain of his severe childhood stutter. He takes time to reach out to children who have suffered as he did.

As I grew older, I learned to manage and overcome my stuttering, through much hard work and intense focus. I learned to slow down and to enunciate each word with precision. I joined the church choir, and found that singing helped me to practice controlling my breath, and the formation of words. I learned to resist and overcome the bullying.

The fact that I once stuttered did not keep me from being a successful U.S. Air Force fighter pilot, an airline pilot, or even a public speaker.

And on that frigid day in January 2009, when I had to tell the air traffic controller at New York Departure Control that I was about to land US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River, after a bird strike following takeoff caused both engines to fail, my words came out with precision and control, even in the stress of a life-threatening emergency.

So, to every child who feels today, what I felt, after hearing those cruel remarks by an adult who should know better, here is what I want you to know:

You are fine, just as you are. You can do any job you dream of when you grow up. You can be a pilot who lands your plane on a river and helps save lives, or a president who treats people with respect, rather than making fun of them. You can become a teacher to kids who stutter. A speech disorder is a lot easier to treat than a character defect. You become a true leader, not because of how you speak, but because of what you have to say — and the challenges you have overcome to help others. Ignore kids (and adults) who are mean, or don’t know what it feels like to stutter. Respond by showing them how to be kind, polite, respectful and generous, to be brave enough to try big things, even though you are not perfect.

Pretty much tells you all you need to know about Trump Family Values. :roll:

By the way, Sully would make a terrific cabinet member in a Democratic presidential administration.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:09 pm
Kismet wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:53 am

Pretty much tells you all you need to know about Trump Family Values. :roll:

By the way, Sully would make a terrific cabinet member in a Democratic presidential administration.

DocBarrister 8-)
A friend of mine had a terrible stuttering problem. He ended up being a highly sought after basketball recruit. He turned down opportunities to play high division 1 basketball and opted for a mid major because the school had a program to help him with his stuttering. Went on to graduate from college and then had a very very successful NBA career winning multiple NBA titles. His greatest accomplishment was conquering his stuttering and graduating from college. It crops up from time to time but he has come a long way.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Pretty much tells you all you need to know about Trump Family Values.
Trump just is a really horrible person to the core. So to some extent, I do agree with PB. Orange Man actually bad. And that obviously rubs off on his family and anyone else who comes in contact with him. So DIL Lara claims she wasn't attacking Joe for stuttering, which is not very believable. Just like it wasn't believable when Trump said he wasn't mocking the reporter with the handicapped arm.

What confirms it is the lack of any recognition or apology. She claims she didn't even know that Joe was a stutterer. If that's true, any normal decent person would say "oops, my bad, I didn't mean it that way." Instead, she gaslights and then throws another log on the fire -- I didn't mean that Joe is a stutterer (wink wink); what I really meant is that Joe is senile!!

Orange Man bad isn't a view on policy or party, since I don't think that about other Republicans (some of whom I vote for from time to time). Also, it isn't about being butt hurt that yucky Hillary lost. Having a really horrible, unfit person as POTUS is bad. And that also does impact the leadership and policy coming out of the WH.

Just hope all the facts on Trump's awfulness come out between now and November. So the impeachment process is important, but the bad stuff will also continue to come out from various court cases, FOIAs, tell-all books, and media interviews/stories. Although that stuff won't be honestly covered in the FNC bubble.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

FWIW, the Portland Press Herald today published an editorial calling on Senator Collins to demand witnesses and a meaningful canvassing of the evidence -- and suggesting that to do otherwise is a cover-up. Pressure is on.

And Justin Amash is torching Dershowitz on twitter:

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/ ... 7934007296
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dershowitz in 1998, talking about impeachment:

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1219058380431642624

What the heck happens to these people?

Return to “POLITICS”