2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:21 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:48 pm PeteButtigieg
@PeteButtigieg
16 hours ago
Whenever anyone is in court to make it *harder* for Americans to vote, we have to ask: why?
Define harder?
In Tennessee, mandating that first time voters must vote in person on Election Day.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/p ... 986067002/

There are plenty of examples, because this is an area in which GOP lawmaking is actually pretty innovative. Vote suppression is what you guys do.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:36 pm
@PeteButtigieg
16 hours ago
Whenever anyone is in court to make it *harder* for Americans to vote, we have to ask: why?
Define harder?
In Tennessee, mandating that first time voters must vote in person on Election Day.

There are plenty of examples, because this is an area in which GOP lawmaking is actually pretty innovative. Vote suppression is what you guys do.
I get confused coaster. The folks on the left are always telling us how stupid republicans are. Somehow they are smart enough to organize and pull off these sophisticated voter suppression schemes. Maybe they ain't quite as dumb as the Democrats keep telling us they are? ;) Maybe they are only stupid some of the time? :D I know enough republicans to validate the fact IMO that they are not all that smart.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Define harder?
Litigating to get rid of most/all official election drop boxes?

For people who otherwise would be entitled to return their ballot by placing it in a US Mail box. What exactly is the rational purpose of prohibiting/limiting such people from returning their ballot directly to the voting authorities via a secure box at an official voting location?

FYI, I live in Colorado where my tiny county provides SIXTEEN 24/7 official ballot drop boxes. And where 70+% of all ballots are voted via official drop boxes. Why would someone require me to use the mail instead? Serious question.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:41 pm
@PeteButtigieg
16 hours ago
Define harder?

I get confused coaster. The folks on the left are always telling us how stupid republicans are. Somehow they are smart enough to organize and pull off these sophisticated voter suppression schemes. Maybe they ain't quite as dumb as the Democrats keep telling us they are? ;) Maybe they are only stupid some of the time?
When it comes to erecting impediments to voting, Republicans stand alone atop the Olympic podium. There is the gold medal, that keeps them alive.

I ignored the cheap Pete joke because it’s beneath you, and most high schools kids I coach.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

ggait wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:42 pm
Define harder?

For people who otherwise would be entitled to return their ballot by placing it in a US Mail box. What exactly is the rational purpose of prohibiting/limiting such people from returning their ballot directly to the voting authorities via a secure box at an official voting location?

FYI, I live in Colorado where my tiny county provides SIXTEEN 24/7 official ballot drop boxes. And where 70+% of all ballots are voted via official drop boxes. Why would someone require me to use the mail instead? Serious question.
28 days before the actual election day to vote. And now thanks to Justice Roberts an additional 3 days AFTER election day to vote.

Sounds so hard.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:45 pm
Define harder?

28 days before the actual election day to vote. And now thanks to Justice Roberts an additional 3 days AFTER election day to vote.

Sounds so hard.
Explanation below:

https://www.scotusblog.com/2020/10/supr ... ction-day/

The Right is predictably calling for Roberts’s “impeachment.” You can’t script this stuff.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:45 pm
@PeteButtigieg
16 hours ago
Define harder?

I get confused coaster. The folks on the left are always telling us how stupid republicans are. Somehow they are smart enough to organize and pull off these sophisticated voter suppression schemes. Maybe they ain't quite as dumb as the Democrats keep telling us they are? ;) Maybe they are only stupid some of the time?
When it comes to erecting impediments to voting, Republicans stand alone atop the Olympic podium. There is the gold medal, that keeps them alive.

I ignored the cheap Pete joke because it’s beneath you, and most high schools kids I coach.
I thought most HS kids thrived on cheap jokes. I don't know of what you speak of Republicans erecting impediments to voting. I live in NYS and by and large that has never been a problem in this state or any areas I have ever voted in my home state. I do vaguely remember some gentleman with at least one armed with a weapon standing outside a polling place in Philly. Some people mistakenly confused their actions with voter intimidation. I honestly don't know how either party can intimidate or scare people away from voting. At face value that is an insult to voters from both parties. In the new age we live in of rapid sharing of information via the internet all it takes is one phone call to any media outlet to prompt an investigation that would start in mere minutes from being received. You can have a crowd on hand to protest voter intimidation shenanigans in probably under a half an hour. The media would be there 15 minutes prior to that.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:54 pm
Define harder?

Sounds so hard.
Explanation below:

The Right is predictably calling for Roberts’s “impeachment.” You can’t script this stuff.
Why stop at 3 days? the stated objective as I understand it that all votes be counted. It is not like such a policy could ever create confusion and chaos and have the voting process wind up in never ending court cases. ;)
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:45 pm
@PeteButtigieg
16 hours ago
Define harder?

FTR coaster, it was not really a joke. There are a number of folks on this little forum of ours that declare how stupid republicans are on a regular basis. I was only half joking how stupid people can organize fairly sophisticated election suppressing schemes. I guess these people must be wrong. Who would have thunk it. These rascally republicans are pretty smart after all.
Bob Ross:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

since your wife thought it was funny, it must not be homophobic...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
ggait

Post by ggait »

Define harder?

Sounds so hard.
Still not an answer. Why require me to drop in a US mail box (uncertain 3-5 day delivery time) versus a secure box at the county building (100% instantaneous successful delivery)?

In fact, if you provided more drop boxes, you could more fairly cut off the ballots at COB on election day (which is the rule here in CO, FL and several other states). The only reason why you need the mail box rule (election day post mark, delivered withing several days later) in PA and other states is because the GOP is fighting election drop boxes (clearly the superior and preferable option) and forcing folks to use the mail for ballot return.

So why Texas GOP? So why PA GOP?

FYI, maybe I want to delay my vote pending future developments -- debates, laptops and other October surprises?
Last edited by ggait on Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Define harder?

Sounds so hard.
Explanation below:

The four Justices who voted to take the case are pushing the country towards court packing. The US Supreme Court has zero basis to decide Pennsylvania state law. Zero. Federal question my ass. That four activist conservative justices thought the Court should do so is an abomination.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

njbill wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:21 pm
Define harder?

Sounds so hard.
Explanation below:

The four Justices who voted to take the case are pushing the country towards court packing. The US Supreme Court has zero basis to decide Pennsylvania state law. Zero. Federal question my ass. That four activist conservative justices thought the Court should do so is an abomination.
Exactly. Four “conservatives” suggest an adventure to overturn the highest state court’s independent and adequate construction of state law.
ggait

Post by ggait »

The four Justices who voted to take the case are pushing the country towards court packing. The US Supreme Court has zero basis to decide Pennsylvania state law.
On what basis would SCOTUS have standing to consider this?

Elections are run via the states under state law. So the PA Supreme Court should have the final say on this.

If PA law says putting a ballot in the US Mail on election day counts as a vote, then its a vote. If PA law says you can use a drop box, then that's a vote too. PA can make its own rules and those rules don't have to be the same as other states.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

ggait wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:34 pm
The four Justices who voted to take the case are pushing the country towards court packing. The US Supreme Court has zero basis to decide Pennsylvania state law.
On what basis would SCOTUS have standing to consider this?

Elections are run via the states under state law. So the PA Supreme Court should have the final say on this.

If PA law says putting a ballot in the US Mail on election day counts as a vote, then its a vote. If PA law says you can use a drop box, then that's a vote too. PA can make its own rules and those rules don't have to be the same as other states.
Judicial activism is happening right under our eyes here. SC does really run the danger of getting so extreme that expanding the court will actually become popular with a lot of people.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

As if it could not get any crazier:

Pat Robertson Prophesies That Trump Will Win Reelection, Then the End Times Will Begin

By Kyle Mantyla | October 20, 2020 12:05 pm
Televangelist Pat Robertson reported on “The 700 Club” today that he had been told by God that President Donald Trump will be reelected … and his reelection will bring about start of the End Times.
https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/pat ... ill-begin/

Twitter response from Josh Marshall:
Not sure I buy the premise but I’m with you on the conclusion
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:03 pm As if it could not get any crazier:

Pat Robertson Prophesies That Trump Will Win Reelection, Then the End Times Will Begin

Televangelist Pat Robertson reported on “The 700 Club” today that he had been told by God that President Donald Trump will be reelected … and his reelection will bring about start of the End Times.

when does the comet come by?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:08 pm

when does the comet come by?
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:16 pm since your wife thought it was funny, it must not be homophobic...
Is a show called queer eye for the strait guy also not insulting to gay people? Everybody chuckles about their antics in the land of FLP tv world. Since you ask my wife works in a medical field the serves many many folks in the gay and transgender community. You may be surprised at how many of them poke fun at themselves. If you are an arrogant, wound up too tight FLP type you will never see the humor we all see in ourselves regardless of ones sexual preference. What do you think the entire premise of a show called queer eye for the strait guy was all about to begin with? :roll:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

If i understand it right I thought in the world of FLP the end of times began when trump was elected. :lol:
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”