Religion in America

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Religion in America

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:30 pm UW-Madison is engaging.
That’s a good one. How about this demented feller.

An evangelical GOP congressional candidate in Texas wrote a novel about Anne Frank finding Jesus
https://www.texastribune.org/2022/11/01 ... nne-frank/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:11 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:30 pm UW-Madison is engaging.
That’s a good one. How about this demented feller.

An evangelical GOP congressional candidate in Texas wrote a novel about Anne Frank finding Jesus
https://www.texastribune.org/2022/11/01 ... nne-frank/
... Christian "historians" do love their fiction ;)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Blockbuster: Christian leaders from multiple denominations asked the Jan 6 committee to investigate Christian Nationalism. The claim they recognized it in the Jan 6 insurrection. The group (Christians Against Christian Nationalism) had been formed in 2018, years before the incident to monitor the movement. The Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty published a report.

Christian nationalism was used to 'bolster, justify and intensify the January 6 attack on the Capitol,' said Amanda Tyler, head of the Baptist Joint Committee for Religious Liberty.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Sanity in Indiana. Judge found Indiana fetal tissue burial law, unconstitutional. The Neanderthals were hoisted on their own petard, the Bible. Bible clearly says life begins at "first breath". Of course the republiCON fascist scum will appeal this.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Is Jesus a liar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RmYsb5vg2U

According to the crazed television evangelist, Jesus told him the repukeblicons would win the election. Perhaps as one commentator wrote, "It wasn’t a lie, the Republican just didn’t realize God votes democrat." It must be so. After all, everybody knows Jesus is the world's #1 Jewish liberal today, tomorrow, and forever.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:37 pm Is Jesus a liar?

... God: "I got this" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:44 pm

Is this one of those speak the word “no” while nodding the head up and down vehemently indicating yes?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:30 am
jhu72 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:44 pm

Is this one of those speak the word “no” while nodding the head up and down vehemently indicating yes?

+1

As they say in Lake Wobegone, yeah you betcha. :)

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

LDS church finally joins the 21st century and calls for respect for SSM:

Statement on the United States Congress Respect for Marriage Act

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... -statement

As we work together to preserve the principles and practices of religious freedom together with the rights of LGBTQ individuals, much can be accomplished to heal relationships and foster greater understanding.

Many kudos to them.

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Another shocker.

https://news.yahoo.com/maryland-finds-h ... 44251.html

'The Maryland report found that “no parish was safe,” according to the filing from the office of Attorney General Brian Frosh. Both boys and girls were abused, ranging in age from preschool to “young adulthood,” which a spokesperson for the attorney general said reached to age 18.

The filing says the archdiocese failed to report many allegations of “sexual abuse and physical torture” and neglected to remove accused priests from active ministry or even restrict their access to children. Some congregations and schools had more than one abusive priest there at the same time. “The sexual abuse was so pervasive that victims were sometimes reporting sexual abuse to priests who were perpetrators themselves,” the filing states. One congregation was assigned 11 abusers over 40 years.

“Reading the report in its entirety made me physically ill,” Frosh said. “We may be looking at the tip of the iceberg, but it’s a very big tip.”'
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:15 am LDS church finally joins the 21st century and calls for respect for SSM:

Statement on the United States Congress Respect for Marriage Act

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... -statement

As we work together to preserve the principles and practices of religious freedom together with the rights of LGBTQ individuals, much can be accomplished to heal relationships and foster greater understanding.

Many kudos to them.
... strange when the Mormons seem the only religion practicing in 21st century America.
Last edited by jhu72 on Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:57 pm Another shocker.

'The Maryland report found that “no parish was safe,” according to the filing from the office of Attorney General Brian Frosh. Both boys and girls were abused, ranging in age from preschool to “young adulthood,” which a spokesperson for the attorney general said reached to age 18.

The filing says the archdiocese failed to report many allegations of “sexual abuse and physical torture” and neglected to remove accused priests from active ministry or even restrict their access to children. Some congregations and schools had more than one abusive priest there at the same time. “The sexual abuse was so pervasive that victims were sometimes reporting sexual abuse to priests who were perpetrators themselves,” the filing states. One congregation was assigned 11 abusers over 40 years.

“Reading the report in its entirety made me physically ill,” Frosh said. “We may be looking at the tip of the iceberg, but it’s a very big tip.”'
... not really a shocker if you grew up in Maryland in working class east Baltimore. I was never Catholic, but had lots of Catholic friends K through 12, multiple Parishs. Always seemed to be a story in the neighborhood.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:48 pm

... not really a shocker if you grew up in Maryland in working class east Baltimore. I was never Catholic, but had lots of Catholic friends K through 12, multiple Parishs. Always seemed to be a story in the neighborhood.

Indeed, the tip of the iceberg.

Funny how for years many bigoted right wing hatemongers used to post hate on websites about Mohammed. They claim he sexually abused young girls and that this is typical of the religion. Yet for a longer period of time Christianity has done even worse and continues to do so to this day. Every city (big or small), every country where Christianity has imposed its tentacles of hate and murder has horror stories that far surpass that which you see above. Rape, pedophilia, murder, colonialism, thievery, and exploitation of every kind have all been the hallmarks of Christianity.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Horrible but did the reporter have to say “it’s a very big tip”…
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:52 am

Horrible but did the reporter have to say “it’s a very big tip”…
:shock: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

But did he get his tax-advantaged status as a dog-fearing "Murican?

"Samuel Rappylee Bateman, a leader of an offshoot of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, allegedly counted his own daughter and other juvenile girls among his more than 20 “wives.” Many of them were younger than 15, an FBI agent wrote in a court document filed Friday.

Bateman’s alleged foray into polygamy began in 2019, when he was married to one woman and had a daughter who was roughly 14. While in the car one day, the daughter later told investigators, Bateman said that he felt like she was his wife and that he would make her have a child if his feelings turned out to be right."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ist-wives/

Making America great. We need a wall to keep those lunatics in the four corners area.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”