JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:39 pm Still not much of a complaint. At some point they have to vote for this to have teeth. Let's see if she establishes a committee, and then complain.

And this could EASILY harm Congressional Dems more than it helps.
You asked about precedent. I went to the trouble of providing the information.

The only thing that has changed is the rhetoric & the hype.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:46 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:28 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:17 pm Cut to 1974, when Democrats moved against Richard Nixon. Because 106 years had passed since the House impeached a president, the committee and its staff—including a young Hillary Clinton—researched the past and produced a document called “Constitutional Grounds for Impeachment.” On page 2, the report notes that the 410-4 House vote to open an impeachment inquiry against Nixon confirmed that the process “was not partisan. It was supported by the overwhelming majority in both parties.
If you want to use this as your example, the writer here is intentionally ignoring that 1974 is a full year AFTER initial work on the Watergate break in.

We're a few days in. A bit early to be crying foul, don't you think?
There is no constitutional requirement that the House take any vote prior to their vote to impeach based on a written Articles of Impeachment.

This is just one more instance of right wing spin and water muddying. :roll:
Right wing flailing, while nary a word of rebuke for Trump re “spies”, “treason “, “civil war”.

Thankfully we’re seeing a few good folks from the GOP step up, “repugnant “.

But not our friends on this thread. Too busy spewing Trumpist spin.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:10 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:46 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:28 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:17 pm Cut to 1974, when Democrats moved against Richard Nixon. Because 106 years had passed since the House impeached a president, the committee and its staff—including a young Hillary Clinton—researched the past and produced a document called “Constitutional Grounds for Impeachment.” On page 2, the report notes that the 410-4 House vote to open an impeachment inquiry against Nixon confirmed that the process “was not partisan. It was supported by the overwhelming majority in both parties.
If you want to use this as your example, the writer here is intentionally ignoring that 1974 is a full year AFTER initial work on the Watergate break in.

We're a few days in. A bit early to be crying foul, don't you think?
There is no constitutional requirement that the House take any vote prior to their vote to impeach based on a written Articles of Impeachment.

This is just one more instance of right wing spin and water muddying. :roll:
Right wing flailing, while nary a word of rebuke for Trump re “spies”, “treason “, “civil war”.

Thankfully we’re seeing a few good folks from the GOP step up, “repugnant “.

But not our friends on this thread. Too busy spewing Trumpist spin.
… at the end of the day, there will likely be more than a few, but probably not enough to convict. It really is the party of Trump.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

I was warned by a FANLAX poster to "take it easy on Scaramucci" after I complemented Da Mooch for his support of a charity that is to me, important.

Message to Martha Raddatz: Take it easy on the American Secretary of State. Skillful obfuscation IS NOT LYING.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Pence was also on the shakedown call, says Trump.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trinity wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:16 pm Pence was also on the shakedown call, says Trump.
The Perfect Call.

The crazy sh*t really starts after the first 30 minutes, although the first 30 minutes are like listening to an Eighth Grader having a little fit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtZuPvGHenI

So proud. Banana Republic anyone?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:02 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:39 pm Still not much of a complaint. At some point they have to vote for this to have teeth. Let's see if she establishes a committee, and then complain.

As did I. Looked up how Watergate was handled for you.

Congress is in recess. Let's see how Pelosi handles this. Give her a little rope.

That said, OF COURSE there's going to be political theater surrounding all this. And yes, a lot of it is annoying.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

a fan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:23 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:02 pm

As did I. Looked up how Watergate was handled for you.

Congress is in recess. Let's see how Pelosi handles this. Give her a little rope.

That said, OF COURSE there's going to be political theater surrounding all this. And yes, a lot of it is annoying.
Each of the previous impeachments, during our life times, have all had different facts and circumstances.

Nixon's was a clear slam dunk broke the law

Clinton's was, as some called it now, a process crime

Trump's at the very least, at this time, is worthy of majority censureship...his statements regarding this subject should revolt everyone.

We are no longer SNAFU and we thought we were FUBAR back when....stay liquid my friends. :cry:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Surprise -- Schiff had foreknowledge of the WB's complaint before the complaint was even drafted.

The WB is hiding in a secure location -- Schiff's basement.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:33 pm Surprise -- Schiff had foreknowledge of the WB's complaint before the complaint was even drafted.

Hooked on to the latest and shaping to your "Deep State is after Him" needs. Sir Speedy.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:33 pm Surprise -- Schiff had foreknowledge of the WB's complaint before the complaint was even drafted.

Because the WB is probably Schiff. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Yea, I don't like that topically either, better have a good reason why, like the law.
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:38 pm

Yea, I don't like that topically either, better have a good reason why, like the law.
Maybe the WB got the old form from Schiff's staffer.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Don’t complain when this drags on into 2020 if he fights for every inch like a guilty man. Deep Whistle feared bad faith and he was right. Then he spoke to Congress, who seems to have obeyed the law. IG seems to think so. It’s not a scrimmage anymore.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:52 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:38 pm

Maybe the WB got the old form from Schiff's staffer.

Probably got it from Nunes a while back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Pompeo thinks Schiff is a bully. Trump is bragging about Mike’s jock. Where is the freaking bottom?
Last edited by Trinity on Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Trinity wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:11 pm Don’t complain when this drags on into 2020 if he fights for every inch like a guilty man. Deep Whistle feared bad faith and he was right. Then he spoke to Congress, who seems to have obeyed the law. IG seems to think so. It’s not a scrimmage anymore.
The left is tripping all over themselves, again. As soon as Trump de-classified his call, Schiff et al. took a big swallow and said SumBeotch. Trump Team solving the scooby-doo mystery crime of the left will end the same way as the show did each Saturday....We would have gotten away with it if it weren't for the meddling kids" (Brennan is the doer and likely started the entire left charade. ... that is a lock).

BTW anyone reading Brennan's twitter feed.....he is getting hysterical.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:21 pm
Trinity wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:16 pm Pence was also on the shakedown call, says Trump.
The Perfect Call.

The crazy sh*t really starts after the first 30 minutes, although the first 30 minutes are like listening to an Eighth Grader having a little fit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtZuPvGHenI

So proud. Banana Republic anyone?
We need a businessman to run the country.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too bad he was an awful businessman so he went to TV!!
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:35 pm
Trinity wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:11 pm Don’t complain when this drags on into 2020 if he fights for every inch like a guilty man. Deep Whistle feared bad faith and he was right. Then he spoke to Congress, who seems to have obeyed the law. IG seems to think so. It’s not a scrimmage anymore.
The left is tripping all over themselves, again. As soon as Trump de-classified his call, Schiff et al. took a big swallow and said SumBeotch. Trump Team solving the scooby-doo mystery crime of the left will end the same way as the show did each Saturday....We would have gotten away with it if it weren't for the meddling kids" (Brennan is the doer and likely started the entire left charade. ... that is a lock).

BTW anyone reading Brennan's twitter feed.....he is getting hysterical.
Brennan play lacrosse?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump doesn’t sound like he’s winning today. Is there a room he won’t whine in? Republican lies about Schiff and Deep Whistle don’t last as long as a fart in an elevator. Schiff wrote the complaint, Trump said today. Out of his mind, boys. Shoot ‘em in the legs.....
Last edited by Trinity on Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”