2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:31 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:21 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:10 pm
You'd think with an election looming, there was some sense of urgency in investigating this.
You'd think with an election looming that the FBI would follow DOJ policy. Which is to say nothing around election time.

Exactly the thing that Comey was criticized for by Republican (in 2016 Summer) and Democrats (in 2016 Fall).
:lol: ...& we both defended Comey at the time, because the voters needed to know what the FBI found.

You think the email releases are going to stop over the next 2 weeks ?
You defended Comey until Hillary lost which is what you wanted. Then you boarded the DOPUS train all the while denying that you're on it.
I defended Comey until the Strzok-Page texts came out revealing what a sham investigation MidYear Exam was, & then Comey engineered & directed Crossfire Hurricane.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:26 pm
MacIssac said he didn't recognize Hunter, not that he couldn't see him.
Wrong.

MacIsaac is the one who says (in interviews) that he could not ID alleged "Hunter" because he is legally blind:

Standing in his shop on Wednesday, MacIsaac admitted he was unable to confirm it was actually Hunter Biden who dropped off the laptop because he is "legally blind" and only realized it was the former vice president's son when Hunter stated his name for the point of contact.

Listen to this and tell me this guy is credible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9rMR3NnRfg

And then let's talk about this bridge I think you should buy from me.
No matter how you look at it there are only 2 possibilities. It is either HBs laptop or it is not. The only people that know for certain have to be the FBI. They have had this laptop for 10 months. I am no computer geek but I think in that amount of time they should have been able to figure it out. I can only speculate but given the extensive time frame they found some things on it that they have to really take a close look at. If the thing was bogus they could have cleared up any question about it a long time ago. It is now a matter of timing. No matter what the FBI concludes there are going to be some ticked off people from both parties.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:38 pm
Wrong.

MacIsaac is the one who says (in interviews) that he could not ID alleged "Hunter" because he is legally blind:

Standing in his shop on Wednesday, MacIsaac admitted he was unable to confirm it was actually Hunter Biden who dropped off the laptop because he is "legally blind" and only realized it was the former vice president's son when Hunter stated his name for the point of contact.

No matter how you look at it there are only 2 possibilities. It is either HBs laptop or it is not. The only people that know for certain have to be the FBI. They have had this laptop for 10 months. I am no computer geek but I think in that amount of time they should have been able to figure it out. I can only speculate but given the extensive time frame they found some things on it that they have to really take a close look at. If the thing was bogus they could have cleared up any question about it a long time ago. It is now a matter of timing. No matter what the FBI concludes there are going to be some ticked off people from both parties.
Agreed. If it were all bs, the FBI would say gtfoh with this trash.

assuming any of it’s true on that hard drive....Could you imagine being ‘that guy’ who has damaging intel on Hunter, Joe Biden AND overseas corruption. He’s a dead man walking.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:54 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:48 am Joe lying like a M'fer.

@JoeBiden
President Obama and I left Donald Trump a booming economy — and he caused a recession. He squandered it just like he has everything else he’s inherited in his life.
3:15 PM · Oct 15, 2020

Shovel ready...was not as ah.... shovel ready as we originally expected. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0dFsNwiqOM

To their credit, as has been admitted by many here, including me, they did soften the blow and get us in a good spot by 2016.
Stock market returns were higher under Obama and growth was modestly slower but Obama didn’t have the benefit of tax reform and massive spending. I don’t blame Trump for the economy but keep in mind, COVID-19 is as much an economic crisis as it is a healthcare crisis and a coherent federal response matters.
I don't give trump or any other politician credit for this. Even with Covid my portfolio is doing outstanding. there has been blips up and down but by the end of this year i am still up over 5% from last year. Given the optimism of a Biden administration i should be up 100% from this time next year. :D
Thank the Fed.
We're awash in liquidity and you can't earn a plugged nickel with interest..
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

New York Post Published Hunter Biden Report Amid Newsroom Doubts

Some reporters withheld their bylines and questioned the credibility of an article that made the tabloid’s front page on Wednesday.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/18/busi ... biden.html
The New York Post’s front-page article about Hunter Biden on Wednesday was written mostly by a staff reporter who refused to put his name on it, two Post employees said.

Bruce Golding, a reporter at the Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid since 2007, did not allow his byline to be used because he had concerns over the article’s credibility, the two Post employees said, speaking on the condition of anonymity out of fear of retaliation.

Coming late in a heated presidential campaign, the article suggested that Joseph R. Biden Jr. had used his position to enrich his son Hunter when he was vice president. The Post based the story on photos and documents the paper said it had taken from the hard drive of a laptop purportedly belonging to Hunter Biden.

Many Post staff members questioned whether the paper had done enough to verify the authenticity of the hard drive’s contents, said five people with knowledge of the tabloid’s inner workings. Staff members also had concerns about the reliability of its sources and its timing, the people said.

The article named two sources: Stephen K. Bannon, the former adviser to President Trump now facing federal fraud charges, who was said to have made the paper aware of the hard drive last month; and Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, who was said to have given the paper “a copy” of the hard drive on Oct. 11.

Mr. Giuliani said he chose The Post because “either nobody else would take it, or if they took it, they would spend all the time they could to try to contradict it before they put it out.”

Top editors met on Oct. 11 to discuss how to use the material provided by Mr. Giuliani. The group included the tabloid veteran Colin Allan, known as Col; Stephen Lynch, The Post’s editor in chief; and Michelle Gotthelf, the digital editor in chief, according to a person with knowledge of the meeting. Mr. Allan, who was The Post’s editor in chief from 2001 to 2016 and returned last year as an adviser, urged his colleagues to move quickly, the person said.

As deadline approached, editors pressed staff members to add their bylines to the story — and at least one aside from Mr. Golding refused, two Post journalists said. A Post spokeswoman had no comment on how the article was written or edited.

Ms. Morris did not have a bylined article in The Post before Wednesday, a search of its website showed. She arrived at the tabloid in April after working as an associate producer on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show, according to her LinkedIn profile. Her Instagram account, which was set to private on Wednesday, included photos of her posing with the former Trump administration members Mr. Bannon and Sarah Huckabee Sanders, as well as Roger J. Stone Jr., a friend and former campaign adviser to Mr. Trump. (In July, the president commuted the sentence of Mr. Stone on seven felonies.)

Ms. Fonrouge had little to do with the reporting or writing of the article, said three people with knowledge of how it was prepared. She learned that her byline was on the story only after it was published, the people said.

The article relied on documents purportedly taken from the hard drive to suggest that the elder Mr. Biden, as vice president, had directed American foreign policy in Ukraine to benefit his son, a former board member of Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian energy company.

The article also suggested that the elder Mr. Biden had met with a Burisma adviser, Vadym Pozharskyi. On Wednesday, a Biden campaign spokesman said that Mr. Biden’s official schedules showed no meeting between the former vice president and the adviser. Last month, two Republican-led Senate committees investigating the matter said they had found no evidence of wrongdoing by the former vice president.

“The senior editors at The Post made the decision to publish the Biden files after several days’ hard work established its merit,” Mr. Allan said in an email.

The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal have reported that they could not independently verify the data in the Post article, which included hedging language, referring at one point to an email “allegedly sent” to Hunter Biden.

“The story was vetted and The Post stands by its reporting,” a Post spokeswoman said in a statement.
Still no credible evidence, and a lot that suggests this one is manufactured dirt.
ggait

Post by ggait »

So you maintain that, even if he had perfect vision, he should have recognized, by sight, an unidentified walk-in customer as Hunter Biden ?
Would you have recognized Hunter in Apr '19 ?
The dude could have said that, which might be a plausible explanation.

But instead this dude is the one who volunteers that he was "legally blind." Which fact also was mentioned in the original NY Post story. But the facts seem to demonstrate that he's not blind at all. I mean flight simulators and ax throwing for chrissakes!!!

And he really doesn't know the Biden's cause he's not from DE. Despite going to college at De State.

Just a credibility thing.

More likely, the guy got suckered by someone and is now caught out over his skis.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:37 pm
You'd think with an election looming, there was some sense of urgency in investigating this.
You'd think with an election looming that the FBI would follow DOJ policy. Which is to say nothing around election time.

Exactly the thing that Comey was criticized for by Republican (in 2016 Summer) and Democrats (in 2016 Fall).
:lol: ...& we both defended Comey at the time, because the voters needed to know what the FBI found.

You defended Comey until Hillary lost which is what you wanted. Then you boarded the DOPUS train all the while denying that you're on it.
I defended Comey until the Strzok-Page texts came out revealing what a sham investigation MidYear Exam was, & then Comey engineered & directed Crossfire Hurricane.
Really, that's how you remember how you handled it???
:lol: :roll:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Agreed. If it were all bs, the FBI would say gtfoh with this trash.
The FBI would NOT do that.

Because, DOJ policy. Which is to STFU around election time. And not to confirm/deny investigations generally.

You realize that it was Rudy and a Hannity producer that broke the silence. And realize that Rudy (former SDNY prosecutor) would know the FBI is not going to say anything. Because, you know, DOJ policy.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Wrong.

:D Either way, we know what happened when Comey went public on anything beyond announcing a prosecution. It didn't matter in the slightest who it helped or hurt, it violated the policy (Ask Rosenstein). All the more so with anything potentially impacting an election in progress. Unless there's something specific to prosecute, you don't speak. You let the charges you file do the 'speaking' ala Mueller.

So, unless they have someone to charge specifically at this point, they need to remain silent. That could be because there's no violation of any law to charge or the investigation is ongoing.

Let's be clear, they have repeatedly briefed the Senate Intelligence Committee and told them quite explicitly that the Russians are operating a disinformation campaign against Biden and that a portion of that campaign is through members of that very Committee...eg Johnson as well as explicitly through Giuliani. How much more they've told them about any specific details that are classified, we don't know, but the overall message has been repeatedly communicated.

This feels to me like an ongoing intelligence investigation which may ultimately result in charges against various Russians (if they can be identified) and possibly the repair guy (if he's complicit, not a dupe) or which may never result in charges.

Of course, it's possible that at least some of the communications are real, but don't constitute any chargeable offense.

But this really feels like a rather desperate Hail Mary return to the 2016 playbook of attempting a last minute smear of the opponent in time for the last debate. Looks like it'll fall flat, but we'll see.

I expect Trump to attack with this on Thursday, and he'll look like a huge a-hole again. And his cult will cheer, so there's that.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:13 pm
Wrong.

:D Either way, we know what happened when Comey went public on anything beyond announcing a prosecution. It didn't matter in the slightest who it helped or hurt, it violated the policy (Ask Rosenstein). All the more so with anything potentially impacting an election in progress. Unless there's something specific to prosecute, you don't speak. You let the charges you file do the 'speaking' ala Mueller.

So, unless they have someone to charge specifically at this point, they need to remain silent. That could be because there's no violation of any law to charge or the investigation is ongoing.

Let's be clear, they have repeatedly briefed the Senate Intelligence Committee and told them quite explicitly that the Russians are operating a disinformation campaign against Biden and that a portion of that campaign is through members of that very Committee...eg Johnson as well as explicitly through Giuliani. How much more they've told them about any specific details that are classified, we don't know, but the overall message has been repeatedly communicated.

This feels to me like an ongoing intelligence investigation which may ultimately result in charges against various Russians (if they can be identified) and possibly the repair guy (if he's complicit, not a dupe) or which may never result in charges.

Of course, it's possible that at least some of the communications are real, but don't constitute any chargeable offense.

But this really feels like a rather desperate Hail Mary return to the 2016 playbook of attempting a last minute smear of the opponent in time for the last debate. Looks like it'll fall flat, but we'll see.

I expect Trump to attack with this on Thursday, and he'll look like a huge a-hole again. And his cult will cheer, so there's that.
Maybe Flynn will lead a Lock Up Joe chant this year?
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

“Agreed. If it were all bs, the FBI would say gtfoh with this trash.”

The Trump campaign banks on having gullible people who say things like this.
ggait

Post by ggait »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:07 pm “Agreed. If it were all bs, the FBI would say gtfoh with this trash.”

In fact, Rudy (as former DOJ) would know that the FBI would be barred from commenting. Per DOJ policy due to the closeness of the election. And especially since current FBI Director Wray saw how Comey was criticized for his chit chat about Hillary's emails and Weiner's laptop in 2016.

So now is the perfect time to Rudy/Bannon/ex-Hannity producer throw some crap out. Because they know it can’t be debunked by the FBI. Even if the FBI knows it is complete BS.

Telling that no one at the NY Post (other than the newly hired ex-Hannity producer) was willing to put their name on this story.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Heather Cox Richardson
rdYeasttSeeipeooortoeodnnsodmraey fauftc r3:14 dmAM ·
October 16, 2020 (Friday)
The theme of the day was the palpable sense of rats leaving a sinking ship as Republicans, administration officials, and administration-adjacent people distanced themselves from the president.
There was a foreshadowing of that exodus on Wednesday, when Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE) let loose about the president in a telephone call with constituents. Sasse was an early critic of Trump but toned down his opposition significantly in the early part of the administration. On Wednesday, he reverted to his earlier position, saying he had “never been on the Trump train.” He complained about the way Trump “kisses dictators’ butts,” and went on: "The United States now regularly sells out our allies under his leadership, the way he treats women, spends like a drunken sailor…. [He] mocks evangelicals behind closed doors...has treated the presidency like a business opportunity" and has "flirted with white supremacists." He said: “What the heck were any of us thinking, that selling a TV-obsessed, narcissistic individual to the American people was a good idea?"
The theme of abandoning the administration became apparent yesterday, when officials leaked the story that intelligence officials had warned Trump against listening to his lawyer Rudy Giuliani. This was a high-level leak, and suggests that more and more staffers are starting to look for a way off the S.S. Trump.
The audience numbers for last night’s town halls was also revealing, as Biden attracted 700,000 more viewers on just one ABC outlet than Trump did on the three NBC outlets that carried his event. Biden’s town hall was the most watched event since the Oscars in February. It appears that people are simply tired of watching the president and are eager for calm and reason.
Today, a group called “43 Alumni for Biden” released an ad called “Team 46." It says that they are all lifelong Republicans, but because they recognize the qualities of leadership—including empathy-- everyone “on this team” is voting for Biden. “Let’s put Joe Biden in the White House.” The ad features a number of pictures of President George W. Bush, the forty-third president, and is narrated by someone whose voice sounds like his. Former U.S. Attorney Joyce Vance notes, “This looks awfully close to an endorsement of Biden from George W. Bush.”
Also today, the former chair of the New Hampshire Republican Committee, Jennifer Horn, urged “my fellow Republicans” not to vote for Trump’s reelection. In a piece in USA Today, Horn reminded Republicans of “the overwhelming sorrow and grief that this president” has inflicted on the country. Citing Covid-19 deaths, “cultural divides, racial unrest, economic disparity and constitutional abuses,” all of which “are just tools to be used to feed his narcissism, advance his political ambitions and line his pockets,” Horn indicted both Trump and the Republican Party that enables him.
“This election poses a unique challenge,” she wrote. “It will test not Republican vs. Democrat or Trump vs. Biden, but rather, “We the People.” It is our role in this constitutional republic, our leadership, and our dedication to the promise of America that is being tested. Trump or America,” she wrote. “We cannot have both.”
Under pressure, Trump changed course today and approved the emergency declaration for California that he denied yesterday. Such a reconsideration would normally have taken until after the election, but this one happened fast. Earlier this week, Trump tweeted: “People are fleeing California. Taxes too high, Crime too high, Brownouts too many, Lockdowns too severe. VOTE FOR TRUMP, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE!!!”
Today CNN began teasers for a special on Sunday that will explain how former senior Trump officials believe Trump is unfit for the presidency. According to former White House Chief of Staff, retired Marine General John Kelly, “The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life."
Also today, Caroline Giuliani, the daughter of Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani, urged people to end Trump’s “reign of terror” by voting for “a compassionate and decent president,” Joe Biden. “[C]orruption starts with 'yes-men' and women, the cronies who create an echo chamber of lies and subservience to maintain their proximity to power," she wrote in a piece for Vanity Fair. "We've seen this ad nauseam with Trump and his cadre of high-level sycophants (the ones who weren't convicted, anyway)." Giuliani cheered Biden’s choice of Kamala Harris for his running mate, and wrote, "in Joe Biden, we'll have a leader who prioritizes common ground and civility over alienation, bullying, and scorched-earth tactics.” [T]ogether,” she said, “we can vote this toxic administration out of office."
And yet another story from the day: a third career prosecutor from the Department of Justice resigned after publicly attacking Attorney General William Barr for abusing his power to get Trump reelected. “After 36 years, I’m fleeing what was the U.S. Department of Justice,” Phillip Halpern wrote. “[T]he department’s past leaders were dedicated to the rule of law and the guiding principle that justice is blind. That is a bygone era, but it should not be forgotten.” Noting that “Barr has never actually investigated, charged or tried a case,” Halpern expressed deep concern over Barr’s “slavish obedience to Donald Trump’s will.” “This career bureaucrat seems determined to turn our democracy into an autocracy,” he warned.
Georgetown Law Professor Paul Butler, who worked as a federal prosecutor under Barr when he was George H. W. Bush’s Attorney General, told Katie Benner of the New York Times that such criticism is “unprecedented,” and reflects Trump’s pressure on the AG. “I have never seen sitting prosecutors go on the record with concerns about the attorney general,” he said.
And yet, Barr’s willingness to bend the Justice Department to Trump’s personal will may, in the end, not be enough to keep Trump’s favor. Angry that Barr did not produce a report attacking the Russia investigation before the election, Trump just yesterday said he wasn’t happy with Barr’s performance, and might not keep him on as AG if he wins a second term.
There are signs people in the administration are preparing for Trump to lose the election. His cabinet is rushing to change regulations to lock in Trump’s goal of giving more scope to businessmen to act as they see fit. Normally, changes in regulations require setting aside time for public comment on the changes, but the administration is shortening or eliminating those periods over changes in, for example, rules allowing railroads to move highly flammable liquefied natural gas on freight trains, what constitutes “contract” work, how much pollution factories can emit, and who can immigrate to America.
Russell Vought, the director of the White House Office of Management and Budget, said in a statement: “President Trump has worked quickly from the beginning of his term to grow the economy by removing the mountain of Obama-Biden job-killing regulations,” and that the current push simply continues that effort. But no one is missing the quiet distancing going on in Washington as Republican lawmakers are shifting away from public support for the president.
Meanwhile, at his rally tonight in Georgia, Trump told the crowd “You should… lock up the Bidens, lock up Hillary.” The crowd then began to chant “Lock them up.” But one thing about a bully: when people finally start to turn on him, there is a stampede for the exits.
Tonight, at his Georgia rally, Trump outlined all the ways in which he was being unfairly treated, then mused: “Could you imagine if I lose?... I’m not going to feel so good. Maybe I’ll have to leave the country, I don’t know.”
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ggait wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:18 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:07 pm “Agreed. If it were all bs, the FBI would say gtfoh with this trash.”

In fact, Rudy (as former DOJ) would know that the FBI would be barred from commenting. Per DOJ policy due to the closeness of the election. And especially since current FBI Director Wray saw how Comey was criticized for his chit chat about Hillary's emails and Weiner's laptop in 2016.

So now is the perfect time to Rudy/Bannon/ex-Hannity producer throw some dump out. Because they know it can’t be debunked by the FBI. Even if the FBI knows it is complete BS.

Telling that no one at the NY Post (other than the newly hired ex-Hannity producer) was willing to put their name on this story.
So you are saying there is a chance? :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ggait

Post by ggait »

NY Times polling averages as of today for Joe:

National +10
NH +11
Minn +9
Mich +9
Wisc +8
PA +8
NE 2 +7
ME 2 +5
AZ +5
FL +4
NC +3
IA +2
GA +2
OH +0.5
TX -2

That would be 375 ECVs if the polls are spot on. 335 ECVs if you only count places where Joe is up by 3 or more. 319 ECVs if the 2020 polls are as wrong as the 2016 polls were.

Let's hope Joe can close the deal in FL. Which would mean ending Trump on election night. Rather than having to wait as they count votes in PA, WI, Mich.

Let's go Joe! Let's go Joe! Run through the tape!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:20 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:31 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:04 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:27 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:54 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:48 am Joe lying like a M'fer.

@JoeBiden
President Obama and I left Donald Trump a booming economy — and he caused a recession. He squandered it just like he has everything else he’s inherited in his life.
3:15 PM · Oct 15, 2020

Shovel ready...was not as ah.... shovel ready as we originally expected. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0dFsNwiqOM

To their credit, as has been admitted by many here, including me, they did soften the blow and get us in a good spot by 2016.
Stock market returns were higher under Obama and growth was modestly slower but Obama didn’t have the benefit of tax reform and massive spending. I don’t blame Trump for the economy but keep in mind, COVID-19 is as much an economic crisis as it is a healthcare crisis and a coherent federal response matters.
I don't give trump or any other politician credit for this. Even with Covid my portfolio is doing outstanding. there has been blips up and down but by the end of this year i am still up over 5% from last year. Given the optimism of a Biden administration i should be up 100% from this time next year. :D
The stock market isn’t the economy. For the average person ( you are not average) market returns are almost meaningless.
You brought up the stock market. It is in most instances representative as to how the economy is doing.
I mentioned the economy as well. I was pointing out that the two have not really changed much under Trump. I am hoping that we create decent paying jobs for people. It’s better for everyone when that happens.
Hard to create good paying jobs in the Covid era. Millions of good paying jobs have vanished possibly forever. I know mine did. The Biden administration will have to pull a rabbit out of their hat to make that happen. Many employers have to deal with the new reality of doing more with less. Or maybe doing less with less.
You don’t know what you are talking about.
So enlighten me as to where all these new good paying jobs will come from? You can wish for that to happen all day long but that is not a reality for the foreseeable future. I hope new jobs will be created as well. Realistically I don't see where they are coming from anytime soon. The only thing i see on the horizon is the job market shrinking.
Innovation and new industry. Alternatively energy. A few companies I am involved with credit fuel efficiency and energy conservation as key drivers for job creation at their companies and in their industries.

Here is some reading if interested: https://hbr.org/amp/2020/08/equality-in ... etter-jobs

https://www.gartner.com/en/newsroom/pre ... eliminates

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/BL-CIO ... sponsive=y
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:41 pm Agreed. If it were all bs, the FBI would say gtfoh with this trash.
The FBI? You know that Trump leads that particular organization, right?

Notice that alllllll the problems I laid out after all your Deep State complaints are all still there?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:46 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:37 pm

Really, that's how you remember how you handled it???
:lol: :roll:
Yep. Once it became public knowledge that the FBI was investigating HRC, it was critical for the voters to know whether or not she'd be charged.
I thought the AG should announce it, but she was conflicted out, so the DAG should have. Instead, Comey decided to do it.
I agreed with gg that they probably could not get a conviction proving HRC's intent.
Subsequent IG investigations revealed the Strzok-Page texts & all the breaks HRC was given during the investigation.
Nonetheless, I did not think she should be prosecuted. I considered it the criminalization of politics. I felt the voters should be fully informed about her comsec violations & she should get an administrative sanction.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Agree that Comey was in a tough spot in mid-2016. Pretty much a no-win situation. Especially after AG Lynch excused herself after tarmac-gate.

But how interesting/ironic that Rudy is at the center of today's Hunter laptop-gate.

Since the story on Weiner laptop-gate was that Rudy had his guys at FBI/NYC pot-stirring and leaking in order to force Comey's hand to say something publicly on the very late date of 10/28/2016.

On 10/27, 538 gave Hillary an 83% win probability. By 11/5, it had dropped to 65%. So much damage had been done by the time Comey came out on 11/7 (two days before election day) and said that all the emails on Weiner's laptop had been examined previously. So never mind...

So the literally last thing that Chris Wray is going to do (as Rudy well knows) in the next three weeks is say something publicly about some laptop related to Rudy and the election.

It isn't the job of Wray/FBI to fact check Rudy and the NY Post.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:19 pmSo the literally last thing that Chris Wray is going to do (as Rudy well knows) in the next three weeks is say something publicly about some laptop related to Rudy and the election.

It isn't the job of Wray/FBI to fact check Rudy and the NY Post.
Let's see if any Amy Coney Barrett high school parties surface this week which demand immediate FBI investigation.
ggait wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:48 pm So if this was such a solid story, how come it wasn't published by the Murdoch owned WSJ? It would be sooo much more credible and damaging coming from them.

Because, just maybe, the story might not have been able to pass the fact checking and forensics process at the WSJ?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-hunter ... 1602803121

Return to “POLITICS”