Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
RedFromMI

Re: Orange Duce

Post by RedFromMI »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:05 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:16 pm
Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:40 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:07 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:56 pm Always love the lefts ‘there’s nothing he can do or say to chase his voters away’, when for the same people there’s nothing Trump can do or say to cause them to vote for him.

:lol: :lol:
Trump is responsible for a couple of hundred thousand deaths due to COVID-19, due to his inaction and active negligence in seeking to ignore the problem.

Kind of hard to overcome that.

And that is not the only thing to keep people from not voting for him. There is a LONG list.

As far as his own locked in supporters - they choose to either believe his many lies, or choose to ignore them. Can't fix stupid...
Every country has been affected by this virus, which is new (in case you haven't noticed). The US has about 190,000 deaths (I think), some due to the virus and some where an otherwise unwell person died with the virus. The US is larger than most countries population wise (ex India, China, Russia (I think), maybe Indonesia/Brazil), so it would be natural for the US to have more cases than other countries (if you are too stupid to understand that, I can't help you). So in actuality, the response has been decent based on comparative per capita data. And, of course, this is a Republic made up of multiples states, with a constitution that limits federal power and provides many/most powers to the states (If are too stupid to understand that, I can't help you). So back to your point, if the Cuomo, the NY media darling, and the Govs of NJ, CT, MA had done a better job with their responses (or done nothing (which may have been better)), we would have about 50,000 or so fewer deaths and would be a world leader.

I wish I could help you be smarter, informed and objective, but I can't. You have to help yourself.

Best,
First - 195K officially on worldometer, and 30% higher likely due to undercounting.

Per capita deaths (per M):
(in order of largest raw case numbers)

US: 589 (6.5M cases, 19.3K cases/M)
India: 54 (4.5M cases, 3.2K cases/M)
Brazil: 604 (4.2M cases, 19.7K cases/M)
Russia: 124 (1.0M cases, 7.1K cases/M)
Peru: 915 (703K cases, 21.3K cases/M)
Columbia: 433 (687K cases, 13.5K cases/M)
Mexico: 525 (648K cases, 5.0K cases/M)
South Africa: 255 (642K cases, 10.8K cases/M)
Spain: 634 (543K cases, 11.6K cases/M)

These have all been hit hard at some point, and with the exception of India, have comparable numbers to the US.

But some other comparables - similar economic well being, for example:

(cases/M, deaths/M)
France: 5.3K, 472
UK: 5.3K, 612
Germany: 3.1K, 112
Israel: 15.3K, 115
Canada: 3.6K, 242
Belgium: 7.7K, 855
Sweden: 8.5K, 578
China: 59, 3
Netherlands: 4.5L, 364
Japan: 575, 11
Singapore: 9.7K, 5
Switzerland: 5.2K, 233
Australia: 1.0K, 31
South Korea: 424, 7
Denmark: 3.2K, 108
Norway: 2.2K, 49
Luxembourg: 11.2K, 197
Hong Kong: 653, 13
Iceland: 6.3K, 29
New Zealand: 358, 5

Yes you can find comparable numbers within some of the Western European countries (UK, Belgium, Sweden), some at half (Netherlands, Canada) but a lot of them under 100 (less than roughly 20% of the US numbers)...

So an effective total response might have the US at instead of roughly a quarter million deaths (~200K officially) to an official number of 32K deaths (and likely more like 40-50K) instead...
Roughly a quarter million? Clown, not over 193k (today, including real non-Covid issues), Blame it on Cuomo and the NJ, MA, CT Governors. If they had not f'd it up so badly, the US would be leading the way.
Excess deaths - real and present here. Best estimate I have seen is about 30% more.

You are dreaming if you think the official count is high. It is missing deaths - and this has been true for past epidemics/pandemics in the past.

Whose the clown?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:38 am
Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:05 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:16 pm
Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:40 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:07 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:56 pm Always love the lefts ‘there’s nothing he can do or say to chase his voters away’, when for the same people there’s nothing Trump can do or say to cause them to vote for him.

:lol: :lol:
Trump is responsible for a couple of hundred thousand deaths due to COVID-19, due to his inaction and active negligence in seeking to ignore the problem.

Kind of hard to overcome that.

And that is not the only thing to keep people from not voting for him. There is a LONG list.

As far as his own locked in supporters - they choose to either believe his many lies, or choose to ignore them. Can't fix stupid...
Every country has been affected by this virus, which is new (in case you haven't noticed). The US has about 190,000 deaths (I think), some due to the virus and some where an otherwise unwell person died with the virus. The US is larger than most countries population wise (ex India, China, Russia (I think), maybe Indonesia/Brazil), so it would be natural for the US to have more cases than other countries (if you are too stupid to understand that, I can't help you). So in actuality, the response has been decent based on comparative per capita data. And, of course, this is a Republic made up of multiples states, with a constitution that limits federal power and provides many/most powers to the states (If are too stupid to understand that, I can't help you). So back to your point, if the Cuomo, the NY media darling, and the Govs of NJ, CT, MA had done a better job with their responses (or done nothing (which may have been better)), we would have about 50,000 or so fewer deaths and would be a world leader.

I wish I could help you be smarter, informed and objective, but I can't. You have to help yourself.

Best,
First - 195K officially on worldometer, and 30% higher likely due to undercounting.

Per capita deaths (per M):
(in order of largest raw case numbers)

US: 589 (6.5M cases, 19.3K cases/M)
India: 54 (4.5M cases, 3.2K cases/M)
Brazil: 604 (4.2M cases, 19.7K cases/M)
Russia: 124 (1.0M cases, 7.1K cases/M)
Peru: 915 (703K cases, 21.3K cases/M)
Columbia: 433 (687K cases, 13.5K cases/M)
Mexico: 525 (648K cases, 5.0K cases/M)
South Africa: 255 (642K cases, 10.8K cases/M)
Spain: 634 (543K cases, 11.6K cases/M)

These have all been hit hard at some point, and with the exception of India, have comparable numbers to the US.

But some other comparables - similar economic well being, for example:

(cases/M, deaths/M)
France: 5.3K, 472
UK: 5.3K, 612
Germany: 3.1K, 112
Israel: 15.3K, 115
Canada: 3.6K, 242
Belgium: 7.7K, 855
Sweden: 8.5K, 578
China: 59, 3
Netherlands: 4.5L, 364
Japan: 575, 11
Singapore: 9.7K, 5
Switzerland: 5.2K, 233
Australia: 1.0K, 31
South Korea: 424, 7
Denmark: 3.2K, 108
Norway: 2.2K, 49
Luxembourg: 11.2K, 197
Hong Kong: 653, 13
Iceland: 6.3K, 29
New Zealand: 358, 5

Yes you can find comparable numbers within some of the Western European countries (UK, Belgium, Sweden), some at half (Netherlands, Canada) but a lot of them under 100 (less than roughly 20% of the US numbers)...

So an effective total response might have the US at instead of roughly a quarter million deaths (~200K officially) to an official number of 32K deaths (and likely more like 40-50K) instead...
Roughly a quarter million? Clown, not over 193k (today, including real non-Covid issues), Blame it on Cuomo and the NJ, MA, CT Governors. If they had not f'd it up so badly, the US would be leading the way.
Excess deaths - real and present here. Best estimate I have seen is about 30% more.

You are dreaming if you think the official count is high. It is missing deaths - and this has been true for past epidemics/pandemics in the past.

Whose the clown?

The TDS is real.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Nothing Trump said to Woodward is newsworthy.

What is newsworthy is how any Republican would ever consider saying anything to this guy. If you’re a Republican and Woodward asks you the time of day, you’d be smart to simply smile and walk on by.

Trumps Achilles heel is his ego. He thinks he’s smarter than Woodward but Woodward knows he controls the edit button. Never agree to talks with journalists who have proven their bias. Not too difficult.

Poor Cohen. Dude releases his book and is immediately eclipsed by Woodward. The DNC’s rollout of ginned up non stories continues apace. Look how excitable the monkeys are every morning over spent peanut shells. 🐒
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:52 am Nothing Trump said to Woodward is newsworthy.

What is newsworthy is how any Republican would ever consider saying anything to this guy. If you’re a Republican and Woodward asks you the time of day, you’d be smart to simply smile and walk on by.

Trumps Achilles heel is his ego. He thinks he’s smarter than Woodward but Woodward knows he controls the edit button. Never agree to talks with journalists who have proven their bias. Not too difficult.

Poor Cohen. Dude releases his book and is immediately eclipsed by Woodward. The DNC’s rollout of ginned up non stories continues apace. Look how excitable the monkeys are every morning over spent peanut shells. 🐒
Trump talked to him because he considered him the gold standard of people to talk to. And Trump always thinks he can control the narrative.

But I would strenuously disagree that it was not newsworthy. Since there are tapes - there is no question what Trump was asked and how he answered. So while anyone can put their own "spin" on their interpretation, there are several statements that clearly indicate that Trump was lying to the American public about the nature of the coronavirus threat, that he divulged the existence of a nuclear weapon system no one knew about, and that he still disparaged military brass in quite crude terms.

There is plenty more. So saying that it was not newsworthy is just to put your own spin on the effort.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:23 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:52 am Nothing Trump said to Woodward is newsworthy.

Trump talked to him because he considered him the gold standard of people to talk to. And Trump always thinks he can control the narrative.

But I would strenuously disagree that it was not newsworthy. Since there are tapes - there is no question what Trump was asked and how he answered. So while anyone can put their own "spin" on their interpretation, there are several statements that clearly indicate that Trump was lying to the American public about the nature of the coronavirus threat, that he divulged the existence of a nuclear weapon system no one knew about, and that he still disparaged military brass in quite crude terms.

There is plenty more. So saying that it was not newsworthy is just to put your own spin on the effort.

I'm not COMPLETELY disagreeing with you Red, but here's where you lose me: on one hand, you and other Fanlax Dems (and NeverTrumpers, and Deep State, and media...and) always say Trump is 'the dumbest guy in the universe', but here, you claim that whatever he tells Woodward he knows what he's saying.

I don't think Trump is some master chess player...on many matters he's nothing more than a bluffer.

On issues like the 'Rona (where you guys think Woodward outed him), Trump just verbal-vomited whatever came to his mind and he hoped Woodward would simply move along to the next subject. You can hear it in Trump's voice; he's scrambling for ideas as he's talking. It's how he often talks. I doubt he knew anything about the 'Rona; I doubt he knows much more today to be frank. This is why you can never pin this guy on anything...his entire schtick has been evasion and non-ownership. You guys keep trying to hammer jello into a wall and it never makes him look bad; it only makes his accusers look foolish.
smoova

Post by smoova »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:39 amThis is why you can never pin this guy on anything...his entire schtick has been evasion and non-ownership. You guys keep trying to hammer jello into a wall and it never makes him look bad; it only makes his accusers look foolish.
How does it make his loyal supporters look?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

smoova wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:24 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:39 amThis is why you can never pin this guy on anything...his entire schtick has been evasion and non-ownership. You guys keep trying to hammer jello into a wall and it never makes him look bad; it only makes his accusers look foolish.
exactly.
All they have is "I hate Dems" as justification.

Yeah, Trump really is as dumb as a rock, but he definitely 'knew' that he'd been told that the virus was much more dangerous than the flu (at least 5X) and that it traveled through the air, that this mattered, etc. It's clear that someone had explained this to him, probably many times...Woodward lays out some of those times, including O'Brien telling him (and others in the room) that it would be the biggest threat he'd face in his Presidency...

Trump 'knew'. And then he lied.

Despite this being that biggest threat, he off loaded to Pence, who also knew...and lied (though not as egregiously).

Time was wasted and wasted and wasted...

And then they decided to try to push the responsibility to the states, you know those 'blue states' where it was hitting initially.

But "I hate Dems"...

yes, there will be more...many hours of tapes...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

It’s a relevant question but not a good one. You should instead ask, what am I missing that half the country would vote for a guy like Trump? We aren’t all bad, trust me. In fact, if we weigh in a scale the levels of patriotism, normalcy, and success, Trump far outdraws Biden. And Biden’s a good guy!

The reason Trump gets his support is because a ton of decent Americans object to the far left movement of the Democratic Party, it’s nihilism, it’s anarchy, and it’s disfigurement of American culture.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:17 pm
exactly.

Yeah, Trump really is as dumb as a rock, but he definitely 'knew' that he'd been told that the virus was much more dangerous than the flu (at least 5X) and that it traveled through the air, that this mattered, etc. It's clear that someone had explained this to him, probably many times...Woodward lays out some of those times, including O'Brien telling him (and others in the room) that it would be the biggest threat he'd face in his Presidency...

Despite this being that biggest threat, he off loaded to Pence, who also knew...and lied (though not as egregiously).

And then they decided to try to push the responsibility to the states, you know those 'blue states' where it was hitting initially.

But "I hate Dems"...

It's not 'I hate Dems; it's 'I hate Democratic policies'. The difference is profound, but one that most Democrats make since they personalize online interactions as well as all politics.

It would take some very heavy lifting to justify supporting a party which promotes such profound disregard for what has traditionally made America the greatest country on earth. I can not think of one policy that the Democratic Party embraces which attracts me. Instead, what I and millions more see is a party which encourages nightly anarchy, casual indifference to life, and a wanton debasement of American culture.

The Kyle Rittenhouse scenario is such a great dividing line between normal Americans and Democrats. In no universe did the kid do anything other than defend himself (against three very bad actors, which is not relevant but should be noted). This is a kid who went to Kenosha to help out a small business owner, he brought medical supplies which he willfully offered up to Antifa/BLM/Democrats, and he spent the day removing graffiti from buildings. Because of that, he is hated by the Democratic Party, BECAUSE HE IS NORMAL, therefore no one in the Dem Party can publicly admit this kid simply defended himself against three guys trying to kill him. Instead, they tear him down as some 'far right nutcase'. This is how the Left operates; the ethos is profoundly anti-American at its very core.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:39 pm
exactly.

But "I hate Dems"...

It's not 'I hate Dems; it's 'I hate Democratic policies'. The difference is profound, but one that most Democrats make since they personalize online interactions as well as all politics.

It would take you some very heavy lifting to justify supporting a party which promotes such profound disregard for what has traditionally made America the greatest country on earth. I can not think of one policy that the Democratic Party embraces which attracts me. Instead, what I and millions more see is a party which encourages nightly anarchy, casual indifference to life, and a wanton debasement of American culture.
Petey, we have all your posts about how much you hate, despise, deplore Dems...not their policies, the people.

I'm a Republican and have no intention of becoming a Democrat. But I don't hate the people, the party, or their policies, even the most leftist such.

Trump's America has become all about division and hate. Some people actually like it that way, revel in it.

You do, daily.

Rittenhouse illegally carried a gun to a protest and used it to kill two people and injure a third.

And that's "normal" in Petey's world. Shame on you, Petey.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:44 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:39 pm
exactly.

But "I hate Dems"...

It would take you some very heavy lifting to justify supporting a party which promotes such profound disregard for what has traditionally made America the greatest country on earth. I can not think of one policy that the Democratic Party embraces which attracts me. Instead, what I and millions more see is a party which encourages nightly anarchy, casual indifference to life, and a wanton debasement of American culture.
Petey, we have all your posts about how much you hate, despise, deplore Dems...not their policies, the people.

I'm a Republican and have no intention of becoming a Democrat. But I don't hate the people, the party, or their policies, even the most leftist such.

Trump's America has become all about division and hate. Some people actually like it that way, revel in it.

You do, daily.

Oh for sure, there are some Democrats I despise...mostly politicians, but I also despise people who randomly sucker punch old people in the street, burn down small businesses, people who loot, proven pedophiles like Joseph Rosenbaum of Kenosha, adults who steal hats of little kids heads, most anyone who dislikes America, and anyone who accosts peaceful diners as they are trying to enjoy a night out on the town. In all of these cases, those are Democrats doing the offending. However that does not mean simply because you are a Democrat, I hate you. Hardly. There are many incredibly kind Dems who are simply unaware where their party is, and where it's headed. There is no turning back now however, hence get off the boat before it sinks. When Biden loses, the Democratic Party will undergo a civil war the likes of which no party has seen in over 100 years. The normals versus the nihilists. It's coming and it will not be pretty. AOC versus a person like Abigail Spanberger. There is no reconciling.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

keep dreaming Petey
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:52 am Nothing Trump said to Woodward is newsworthy. Trump called his generals pussies, declared he created a top secret weapons system and lied to the public regarding CV19.
What is newsworthy is how any Republican would ever consider saying anything to this guy. If you’re a Republican and Woodward asks you the time of day, you’d be smart to simply smile and walk on by. Agreed

Trumps Achilles heel is his ego. Agreed He thinks he’s smarter than Woodward but Woodward knows he controls the edit button. No need to edit...Trump speaks for himself. Never agree to talks with journalists who have proven their bias. Not too difficult.

Poor Cohen. Dude releases his book and is immediately eclipsed by Woodward. The DNC’s rollout of ginned up non stories continues apace. Look how excitable the monkeys are every morning over spent peanut shells. 🐒 Nope, this is all DOPUS' fault, in his own words.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:39 am

I'm not COMPLETELY disagreeing with you Red, but here's where you lose me: on one hand, you and other Fanlax Dems (and NeverTrumpers, and Deep State, and media...and) always say Trump is 'the dumbest guy in the universe', but here, you claim that whatever he tells Woodward he knows what he's saying.

I don't think Trump is some master chess player...on many matters he's nothing more than a bluffer.

On issues like the 'Rona (where you guys think Woodward outed him), Trump just verbal-vomited whatever came to his mind and he hoped Woodward would simply move along to the next subject. You can hear it in Trump's voice; he's scrambling for ideas as he's talking. It's how he often talks. I doubt he knew anything about the 'Rona; I doubt he knows much more today to be frank. This is why you can never pin this guy on anything...his entire schtick has been evasion and non-ownership. You guys keep trying to hammer jello into a wall and it never makes him look bad; it only makes his accusers look foolish.
And yet you are fine with him winning a second term....
ggait

Post by ggait »

Trump called his generals pussies, declared he created a top secret weapons system and lied to the public regarding CV19.
So what?

Trump still hates all those a-holes with college degrees who look down on me. And he still keeps sticking it to those a-holes with his lies, BS and other outrageous behavior. I love that.

So it is still is all good.

MAGA.

Petey will tell us if I missed anything. But I think that is pretty much it.
Last edited by ggait on Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:58 pm

...because of who dislikes him. This is easy for me and millions more.

Also, in no universe could I possibly reward the Democratic Party for their leftward lurch into anti-American nihilism, anarchy, and abject socialism. Trump isn't a peach, that's for sure, but he's not burning down small business buildings across America.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:05 pm

Also, in no universe could I possibly reward the Democratic Party for their leftward lurch into anti-American nihilism, anarchy, and abject socialism. Trump isn't a peach, that's for sure, but he's not burning down small business buildings across America.
Idiot. Why is this troll still typing? Maybe if he'd leave his keyboard and come out from under the bridge he'd see reality. I'm not holding my breath.

"Big companies are going bankrupt at a record pace, but that’s only part of the carnage. By some accounts, small businesses are disappearing by the thousands amid the Covid-19 pandemic, and the drag on the economy from these failures could be huge."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -uncounted
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:21 pm

Idiot. Why is this troll still typing? Maybe if he'd leave his keyboard and come out from under the bridge he'd see reality. I'm not holding my breath.

"Big companies are going bankrupt at a record pace, but that’s only part of the carnage. By some accounts, small businesses are disappearing by the thousands amid the Covid-19 pandemic, and the drag on the economy from these failures could be huge."

Look, I realize the news you absorb isn't exactly a well of unbiased knowledge, but you do know WHO has been locking down economies during the Covid hysteria? You do, right? Right? I'm praying you do or I've been debating a monkey, and then I'm the sucker. :lol:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/2 ... ors-198858

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -uncounted

https://www.newsweek.com/governors-lock ... on-1493545

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/498 ... e-election

Also, if the economy is bad (it is), why does your squad insist on burning down small businesses, looting stores, and telling diners that they can't eat in peace at public restaurants causing thousands of restaurant workers to lose their jobs? Also, Pelosi caused a salon owner to shut down her business. 10 more people out of work.

Are you compos mentis?
Last edited by Peter Brown on Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

...because of who dislikes him. This is easy for me and millions more. So to be clear, you support Trump because of the people who don't support him.

Also, in no universe could I possibly reward the Democratic Party for their leftward lurch into anti-American nihilism, anarchy, and abject socialism. Trump isn't a peach, that's for sure, but he's not burning down small business buildings across America. So you support Trump's policys, beyond judges and his f'ing wall.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:36 pm

...because of who dislikes him. This is easy for me and millions more. So to be clear, you support Trump because of the people who don't support him.

Also, in no universe could I possibly reward the Democratic Party for their leftward lurch into anti-American nihilism, anarchy, and abject socialism. Trump isn't a peach, that's for sure, but he's not burning down small business buildings across America. So you support Trump's policys, beyond judges and his f'ing wall.

Trump's enemies are normal Americans' enemies. His are the worst we have. I can run down the list if you;d like, but let's start with Bill Kristol and David Frum.

I support America, no particular politician or all of his/her policies (maybe excepting Kirsti Noem, because she would be the best looking POTUS of any country in all history, and unlike some here, I am thoroughly red-blooded)

Return to “POLITICS”