Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:01 am
About one in every five pregnancies end in miscarriage. Hope it’s not your wife, daughter, or daughter-in-law.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/texas- ... -abortion/
Crazy, stupid, dogmatic a-holes.
There was nothing wrong with the TX law. It took 3 doses to get the right amount. Some Dr's require the 2nd & subsequent doses (if needed) to be administered in their office, in case of complications. This was due to lack of follow-up with &/or by the Dr.
This is a chemically induced abortion, not a morning after pill. The patient should not be left unattended. Complications should be anticipated.
Almost killed her instead of D&C, which is the safe, quick procedure Hopkins used with my wife's two miscarriages.

Also refused to prescribe the very safe and much more effective dual drug one dose regimen with mifepristone along with misoprostol. Just prescribed the second, which is less effective by itself and way more often results in dangerous complications. Why? Because Texas has declared that mifepristone is unsafe. Stupid and wrong.

The Texas law puts doctors and institutions into major legal risk if they actually care for the woman according to national standards of care. The docs and institutions know there's a dominant political regime, and many rabid followers, on the warpath to punish anyone doing any sort of 'abortive' procedure. Burden of proof on docs and hospitals.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:23 am
old salt wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:01 am
About one in every five pregnancies end in miscarriage. Hope it’s not your wife, daughter, or daughter-in-law.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/texas- ... -abortion/
Crazy, stupid, dogmatic a-holes.
There was nothing wrong with the TX law. It took 3 doses to get the right amount. Some Dr's require the 2nd & subsequent doses (if needed) to be administered in their office, in case of complications. This was due to lack of follow-up with &/or by the Dr.
This is a chemically induced abortion, not a morning after pill. The patient should not be left unattended. Complications should be anticipated.
If the patient was still sedated leaving the patient alone is a huge no no. My Registered Nurse wife has been the sedation nurse for in excess of 10 thousand procedures over 35 years. Once the patient is sedated her sole purpose in life is to monitor that patient and communicate with the doctor. What the SoP is for a chemically induced abortion is I have no idea. If an abortion is the desired result a traditional abortion in a controlled environment is not convenient but it makes sense.
I suggest reading the article.

I don't think sedation was ever at issue in this matter. You're 100% correct about if sedation, should be under doctor's direct eye.

The problem is that they didn't do a D&C which would have happened in-hospital, swift and sure, though not a particularly pleasant experience.

They also didn't do the standard 2 drug regimen which I describe above, because Texas has decided they know better than decades of FDA approval and US and European usage and declared one drug 'unsafe'. Why did they really do it? Because that drug is used frequently to end a pregnancy and can be done at home. It's been available to women through the mail. And the Texas objective is to stop abortions, force women to carry unwanted pregnancies regardless of consequences. Including even extreme situations like this.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Women should come here for medical advice, rather than their OB GYN or ER, especially in TX.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:41 pm Women should come here for medical advice, rather than their OB GYN or ER, especially in TX.
Women should go to states where doctors are not scared of the state and their neighbors suing them or worse.

Go to a state where a bunch of angry extremists aren't scaring the doctors from doing what they know is in the best interest of their patient.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:12 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:05 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 3:59 pm Good conservatives. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why that's dirty pool. Kinda acting like those FLP extremists who hijack conservative types while their family is dining in a restaurant. What am I thinking that's a totally acceptable form of harassment. :D
You see these as equivalent?

If not, pray tell, what do you see as different?
At least is wasn’t a no knock like they do in Baltimore I suppose…

And come on you dummy he’s from the school of hard knocks which can translate and synthesize Highly localizes and biased anecdotes into omniscience. Far superior to your stupid colleges and higher education and intellectual curiosity and all that bu**s**t.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:45 am
Why that's dirty pool. Kinda acting like those FLP extremists who hijack conservative types while their family is dining in a restaurant. What am I thinking that's a totally acceptable form of harassment. :D

And come on you dummy he’s from the school of hard knocks which can translate and synthesize Highly localizes and biased anecdotes into omniscience. Far superior to your stupid colleges and higher education and intellectual curiosity and all that bu**s**t.
Your expansive vocabulary is quite impressive. When you can't dazzle em with brilliance baffle em with big words. Pretty good for white trash from Binghamton. 8-) You should have your own syndicated radio show. Your talent should be shared with all of America. They will collectivily be amazed an astonished at your verbal skillery.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:58 am

Your expansive vocabulary is quite impressive. When you can't dazzle em with brilliance baffle em with big words. Pretty good for white trash from Binghamton. 8-) You should have your own syndicated radio show. Your talent should be shared with all of America. They will collectivily be amazed an astonished at your verbal skillery.
Credentialism at it's finest. Probably believes stupidity and advanced degrees are mutually exclusive.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:06 am

Credentialism at it's finest. Probably believes stupidity and advanced degrees are mutually exclusive.
Well he chose to change the topic.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

which "big words" puzzled you cradle, maybe "synthesize" or "omniscience"?
Those stump you? ;)

I dunno..."expansive" and "syndicated" and "collectively" and "astonished" have a lot of letters and more than 2 syllables too...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

you think my degrees make me stupid?
You do realize you're talking about me in specific, right?
If so, go ahead and say so.

I do agree that advanced degrees are no substitute for common sense, and I'd be surprised if Geneva disagrees.
"Stupidity" is more rare in my experience, though. Not mutually exclusive, but darn rare.

I'd note that I asked a pretty simple question about cradle's opinion, which only required his exercise of some good common sense. No fancy degrees required. ;) But he's avoided answering that straightforward, uncomplicated question. To be clear, I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence or education. Just personality.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:02 pm

you think my degrees make me stupid?
You do realize you're talking about me in specific, right?
If so, go ahead and say so.

I do agree that advanced degrees are no substitute for common sense, and I'd be surprised if Geneva disagrees.
"Stupidity" is more rare in my experience, though. Not mutually exclusive, but darn rare.

I'd note that I asked a pretty simple question about cradle's opinion, which only required his exercise of some good common sense. No fancy degrees required. ;) But he's avoided answering that straightforward, uncomplicated question. To be clear, I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence or education. Just personality.
How egotistical of you. I was actually referring to FFG. But you must agree that the credentialed class has a whiff of supremacy about it, almost like an intellectual form of racism. How you look down on the great unwashed. Many of my most successful clients have a high school education. Many also have to do a subchapter "s" distribution in the hundreds of thousands of dollars so they can pay the pass through taxes.

It's the old "How can you tell a Hahvaahd Man?, Just wait five minutes and he'll tell you." Or Jill Biden referring to herself as "Doctor Jill". Maybe she can perform an "ego-ectomy" on you.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Nice summary of the ethos of anti-intellectualism that Tom Nichols canvasses in his excellent book, The Death of Expertise. As Nichols says, never have so many people had so much access to information and knowledge, and yet so resistant to learning anything. I didn't know my decision to go to college, then graduate school, would result in my joining in an "intellectual form of racism," looking "down on the great unwashed." Your response to MDLax drips of envy and overstatement.

I think everyone gets a chance. The only thing I'm looking down on is stupid statements like those.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:02 am Nice summary of the ethos of anti-intellectualism that Tom Nichols canvasses in his excellent book, The Death of Expertise. As Nichols says, never have so many people had so much access to information and knowledge, and yet so resistant to learning anything. I didn't know my decision to go to college, then graduate school, would result in my joining in an "intellectual form of racism," looking "down on the great unwashed." Your response to MDLax drips of envy and overstatement.

I think everyone gets a chance. The only thing I'm looking down on is stupid statements like those.
Not envious of anyone. I have an idyllic life, a happy marriage of 40 years and great kids (with degrees). Your degrees don't make you a supremacist. Your ego does. Heading out to play some mediocre golf.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

get it to x wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:20 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:02 am Nice summary of the ethos of anti-intellectualism that Tom Nichols canvasses in his excellent book, The Death of Expertise. As Nichols says, never have so many people had so much access to information and knowledge, and yet so resistant to learning anything. I didn't know my decision to go to college, then graduate school, would result in my joining in an "intellectual form of racism," looking "down on the great unwashed." Your response to MDLax drips of envy and overstatement.

Not envious of anyone. I have an idyllic life, a happy marriage of 40 years and great kids (with degrees). Your degrees don't make you a supremacist. Your ego does. Heading out to play some mediocre golf.
Really laughable that you traffic in these sorts of silly generalizations. Sorry for the evident condescension.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Tom brings up a valid point, as does get it to X in his recent comment, the difference, IMO, is discernment and where the conversation goes after the first interaction.

But then, your last reply to get it to x, kinda proves my theory and his.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:46 am

Tom brings up a valid point, as does get it to X in his recent comment, the difference, IMO, is discernment and where the conversation goes after the first interaction.

But then, your last reply to get it to x, kinda proves my theory and his.
It can't be a conversation if it starts with assuming anyone with an advanced degree of some sort "looks down on [the other person as a] great unwashed," and engages in an "intellectual form of racism" -- whatever the f*ck that even means.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

That's what happens when you get high on your own supply - you start to believe stuff like that. The far right has indeed taken control of the Republican party.

So right now we have a far-right party in the Trump party and a center-right Democratic party. The left takes up maybe 20% of the D party and has very little power, save for some state level California positions and some cities. The far left runs basically nothing.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:48 am That's what happens when you get high on your own supply - you start to believe stuff like that. The far right has indeed taken control of the Republican party.

So right now we have a far-right party in the Trump party and a center-right Democratic party. The left takes up maybe 20% of the D party and has very little power, save for some state level California positions and some cities. The far left runs basically nothing.
The left's certitude that they are the "smart set" is laughable. Your propensity to fall for anything that that fit's your narrative is legend. Some of you still believe Trump colluded with Russia even after the Mueller report came out. There are a few nuts on the right (MTG, Lauren Boebert), but your definition of far right is someone who doesn't buy into compelled speech (pronouns...) or doesn't want to be censored by big tech. Or wants to own a semi automatic pistol. Or doesn't want to be told what car to drive.

Please educate me on center right positions held by today's democrat party. And don't say the war in Ukraine. Chances are way better than 50% that Putin would not have invaded if Trump were president.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

get it to x wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:00 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:48 am That's what happens when you get high on your own supply - you start to believe stuff like that. The far right has indeed taken control of the Republican party.

The left's certitude that they are the "smart set" is laughable. Your propensity to fall for anything that that fit's your narrative is legend. Some of you still believe Trump colluded with Russia even after the Mueller report came out. There are a few nuts on the right (MTG, Lauren Boebert), but your definition of far right is someone who doesn't buy into compelled speech (pronouns...) or doesn't want to be censored by big tech. Or wants to own a semi automatic pistol. Or doesn't want to be told what car to drive.

Please educate me on center right positions held by today's democrat party. And don't say the war in Ukraine. Chances are way better than 50% that Putin would not have invaded if Trump were president.
+1!!

Joe

Return to “POLITICS”