Yale 1 title 1 runner up
UMD 1 title 4 runner ups
NC 1 title
DENVER 1 title
Loyola 1 title
OSU 1 runner up
ND 2 runner ups
SU 1 runner up

While Hop has exactly 1 final four appearance.
Chuckman

Re: Johns Hopkins 2020

Post by Chuckman »

About when does Hopkins schedule come out ?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Chuckman wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:58 am About when does Hopkins schedule come out ?
It came out Nov. 21 last year, Oct. 24 the year before that.
Sagittarius A* wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:49 am So in the last decade
Duke has 3 titles, 1 runner up finish
UVA 2 titles
Yale 1 title 1 runner up
UMD 1 title 4 runner ups
NC 1 title
DENVER 1 title
Loyola 1 title
OSU 1 runner up
ND 2 runner ups
SU 1 runner up

While Hop has exactly 1 final four appearance.
^Man you must be bored

Sad to hear about Keogh, if that is indeed the case. He had still been working back from the injury suffered his senior year of high school. Had more work to do obviously but he looked 10 times better as a sophomore than he did as a freshman and it wasn't at all unreasonable to expect another jump as a junior. Hope it's not as bad as feared.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Chuckman wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:58 am About when does Hopkins schedule come out ?
Not sure but they probably already have a couple of losses.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

College Lacrosse 2020 Way Too Early Top 10, Fall Edition #6 Through #10 (LaxFactor Podcast #55)
https://youtu.be/8CKEVOTPz2o
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

STX Lacrosse has a brief highlight video of the scrimmage with Penn. Lax.com allegedly has one coming out soon as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQBIn-J8NXc

Here's what I could sorta piece together:

- At least six guys weren't dressed, including Fox, Chambers, Pion, and Narewski the Elder. Can't really make out the others
- McManus is back to playing pole (they switched jersey numbers, but you can see the correct number on the sleeves of their undershirts)
- Murphy (#46) had at least 1 goal and 1 assist. The goal was a shot on the run down the right side. The assist was a no-look pass from X to a cutting DeSimone (#13), who finished behind the back.
- Giacalone was indeed in for most of the game
- Garrett Degnon (I think? Whoever #7 was—a tall lefty midfielder) murdered someone on the ride. (At 00:37 in the vid)
- No idea if the video included every goal from the scrimmage, but if it did, Penn "won" 9-5. Jays goals shown are Epstein, Williams, Baskin, Murphy, and DeSimone.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Goal posts are always moved. Terms are always redefined. Can’t wait for wombat for take done of these cretins to another site. More ignorance the last few years TJs a ythi v insightful
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

Any idea what the starting lineup looked like? Who was the number 2 goalie?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

ABClaxfan wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:25 pm Any idea what the starting lineup looked like? Who was the number 2 goalie?
That much is impossible to glean from the video. For Penn's first goal, I see Colwell (#14), Rapine (#17), Hubler (#55), McManus (#77), and Blondell (#35) out there. The defensive personnel appears to change in pretty much every clip after that, though Colwell and Rapine are unsurprisingly involved in a lot of them. I think Lyne is #37. Glassmeyer is #18. Zinn is #9. Numbers 23, 29, and 34 are all poles who see the field a good amount but I can't figure out who they are. I've watched this video three times and I think I'm about at my limit, so you're on your own from here. Hopefully the other video has more to go off of.
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:02 pm
ABClaxfan wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:25 pm Any idea what the starting lineup looked like? Who was the number 2 goalie?
That much is impossible to glean from the video. For Penn's first goal, I see Colwell (#14), Rapine (#17), Hubler (#55), McManus (#77), and Blondell (#35) out there. The defensive personnel appears to change in pretty much every clip after that, though Colwell and Rapine are unsurprisingly involved in a lot of them. I think Lyne is #37. Glassmeyer is #18. Zinn is #9. Numbers 23, 29, and 34 are all poles who see the field a good amount but I can't figure out who they are. I've watched this video three times and I think I'm about at my limit, so you're on your own from here. Hopefully the other video has more to go off of.
This is just a random guess, but I believe 23 may be Calnan not a hundred percent sure
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

OCanada wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:30 pm Goal posts are always moved. Terms are always redefined. Can’t wait for wombat for take done of these cretins to another site. More ignorance the last few years TJs a ythi v insightful
Drinking early/earlier today? :oops:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

too bad on keogh. For all the recruiting focus, the real area where a kid comes into focus as a college athlete is the jump he does/does not make between his first year of playing time and his second and keogh, baskin, forry to an extent, epstein and a few others were headed there next spring.
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

jhu06 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:25 pm too bad on keogh. For all the recruiting focus, the real area where a kid comes into focus as a college athlete is the jump he does/does not make between his first year of playing time and his second and keogh, baskin, forry to an extent, epstein and a few others were headed there next spring.
[/quot

My kid plays for Army, I can tell you Keogh was a class act after the injury stood on side line on clutches cheered his team on. Stood on line for hand shakes after game. Hope to see you on the field sooner then later you are a future captain for Hopkins.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

Perhaps it is a grade of sprain that does not require surgery - I hope so. if not and he cannot play in '20 that's awful for him and he will be missed - a jump from last year would have helped the team alot and offensive midfield is paper thin to begin with.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

It’s sad to get injured in fall ball.
I hope he can get a medical redshirt and still be able to play two more seasons. He’ll certainly be missed this spring if it is indeed an ACL.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Assuming the absolute worse, that we won't have Keogh this season, then the midfield is...yikes. You've got:

DeSimone
Concannon
Baskin
Zinn

Those are the only guys I'd pencil into spots in the top 6. The big question, of course, is Smith. If he stays at midfield then you've got 5/6 covered. If he moves to attack, then you're left at 4/6, with two of the primary spots to fill.

For the sake of argument let's say Smith stays as a middie, because it makes things easier for now. (I really don't know what they're going to do—I can sorta see the argument for both sides. It makes a ton of sense to slot him back at the righty attack spot, but there are also some interesting freshmen options that could play there, and his services might be needed more as an anchor on the midfield.)

For that sixth spot, you've got:

Stagnitta—the most experience of the bunch, but hasn't shown a whole lot over the course of his career
Mabbett—scored a goal last year, has the size you're looking for
Degnon—also has the size and allegedly had a good fall scrimmage
Hawley—sophomore, undersized, have never seen him play
Murphy—freshman attackman, could end up seeing some time at "middie"
Angelus—see above
Schreiber—freshman true middie
Brunner—freshman true middie
Krampf—freshman listed as A/M, more of an A, IMO
Cohen—freshman listed at attack, but I believe he played some middie at Culver
Burnett—injured?
Lilly—playing SSDM now?
Handsor—listed at M rather than SSDM, but based on high school I think he's more likely to serve an SSDM-esque role for us

Given Zinn is the only known quantity at midfield who is taller than 5'11'', I might lean toward one of the bigger guys—Mabbett, Degnon, or one of Brunner/Schreiber to round out the top 2 lines. Of course, depending on where they put Smith, more than one of those guys could end up seeing significant minutes as well.

It's not a great situation. With defenses no doubt keyed in on Epstein and Williams, this midfield is going to have its opportunities, so somebody's got to step up.
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

Does anyone know if Forry played attack or mid in the scrimmage this weekend?
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

Kyle Marr is a dodging middie in the MLL, so I hope all options are explored.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Anyone here have any eligibility left?
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

There is of course a very rational explanation for it but Hopkins tweeted out the scores from the golf outing held on Monday and the team that appeared to come in fourth had one father son combo of Peter and Jack Keogh. I'm sure they played as a threesome without young Jack but again hoping hes on the lax field and the links sooner then later. It looks like Coach's back probably kept him off a squad.

P.S. If anybody from the Hopkins program lurks this site they might want to see if they can use location/golf course reputation to generate more funds. I would easily take a day off, get a foursome together and spend way more than $250 a head if I could play Caves or 5 Farms or even go back to Townsend's incredible Hamilton Farms in New Jersey. I would be stunned if Cowan/Townsend/Cordish etc were not members somewhere like that. I'm not doing the above for a club where their web site doesn't even have a drop down menu for the golf course but they do for the pool and tennis. I've been to charity golf outings where there are close to 2 foursomes on every hole - by the tweeted out score sheet there were 17 foursomes on Monday. So that's $17 K gross. While I am sure BCC and Caves have very limited golf outings - if you could score one it would significantly increase your revenue.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”