2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2020 Elections - A Reckoning

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:36 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 am Actually no, I haven't. I don't follow tweets.
Oh please. It's been headline news for days.
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 amTrump Jr expressed surprise. That's an attack ?
Yes, it is.
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 amI was referring to anyone in these forums criticizing Kamala for her heritage.
What you actually wrote is "How 'bout a quote of some white folks criticizing her for her heritage."
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 am This is all very confusing.
You're not a bit confused. You know exactly where your leader is taking you, and you are cheerfully following.
.:lol:. ...I still haven't stumbled across any "white folks" who criticized Kamala for "not being black enough",
but then I'm probably not searching as diligently as you are.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trying to think of a woman more disrespected by her husband than KellyAnne. Then I remember Melania.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Congress has made their statement, voting now to chastise Trump’s racist remarks. Trump could wear robes and a hood behind The Resolute Desk and his base would cheer. The stories we’re not watching? n Korea. Epstein. Film of Julian Assange working with the hackers inside the Ecuadorian Embassy on the 2016 dates that helped Trump. He hides in his racism. It’s a safe cocoon for him.

Final score. Four Republicans slipped under the wire to vote with Pelosi. And J Amash.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:33 pm .:lol:. ...I still haven't stumbled across any "white folks" who criticized Kamala for "not being black enough"
Then you are unable to read. Explains a lot.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:54 pm
Hey Old Segregationist...Here you go

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the hats in your video!
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:15 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:54 pm
Hey Old Segregationist...Here you go

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I like the hats in your video!
You're hearing voices in your head.

This is what our race based politics have devolved into. Trump & the Squad are the natural mutation of our political system, which has been increasingly based upon long supressed racial divisions. They feed off of each other's worst instincts in playing to their respective bases & suck up all the political oxygen.

Like the TMZ tape, this should be political suicide for Trump, but the (D) terror Squad normalizes it.
No wonder they've got Nancy pulling her hair out. This is a high stakes gamble for Trump. His best shot at re-election, in his estimation.
He never thought he'd get elected. He's got nothing to lose. If he doesn't get re-elected, he'll go out fighting for his lost cause.
He obviously has no intention of ever trying to be "Presidential", ...& never did.
Typical Lax Dad

You mean like this!

“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:50 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:27 pm Regarding reparations though, my point is VERY valid, don't you agree?\
No. You're confusing moral reparations with legal reparations.

The discussing surrounding reparations, is actually about legal reparations. In other words, it's litigation against the US Government, the body that codified slavery it its laws.

So when people say "I wasn't alive when slavery existed, so why am I financially liable", that's true. What the seem to forget is, the US Government was very much alive back then.

It'd be quite a thing to watch the issue get litigated. I can't think of too many issues that are more complex.

As for the rest of you post----I have made zero comments on the issue. All I did was point out that you can't hold a government responsible for something that happened before it existed.

If anything? Take it up with the British! Now that would be one heckuva interesting lawsuit.
Aren't you incorrect with this statement? And all this time, I thought slavery was a states rights (legal/law) issue. ;)
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:27 pm Again, folks getting all bent out of shape over the mere notion that the legacy of slavery and Jim Crow should be addressed is pretty disconcerting to me.

Yikes, "reparations"!!!
How unfair! We weren't alive, yada, yada, yada.

Listen, that legacy is real, it has enormous societal costs that continue today.
We need to belly up to that reality and look for better ways to address the persistent after effects.

That doesn't mean a handout. It means investing in the future, empowering all of our citizens to live to their full potential.
Great. Couldn't agree more. You're on a first name basis with your member of US COngress.....what's taking so long to help the blacks of Baltimore? You evah seen an audit of the Baltimore school budget? exactly. One of the largest per student spending, and yet :roll:

Start there. Start local.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:33 pm
CU77 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:36 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 am Actually no, I haven't. I don't follow tweets.
Oh please. It's been headline news for days.
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 amTrump Jr expressed surprise. That's an attack ?
Yes, it is.
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 amI was referring to anyone in these forums criticizing Kamala for her heritage.
What you actually wrote is "How 'bout a quote of some white folks criticizing her for her heritage."
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:37 am This is all very confusing.
You're not a bit confused. You know exactly where your leader is taking you, and you are cheerfully following.
.:lol:. ...I still haven't stumbled across any "white folks" who criticized Kamala for "not being black enough",
but then I'm probably not searching as diligently as you are.
How about white folks who think Trump ain't smart enough? ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:35 am Aren't you incorrect with this statement? And all this time, I thought slavery was a states rights (legal/law) issue. ;)
You think people are going to be able to get money out of the State of Mississippi or Alabama?

A coupon for a couple of Filet O Fish sandwiches is about all either State could afford.

All the talk I've ever seen on reparations centers around Uncle Sam cutting the check.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:39 am
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:35 am Aren't you incorrect with this statement? And all this time, I thought slavery was a states rights (legal/law) issue. ;)
You think people are going to be able to get money out of the State of Mississippi or Alabama?

A coupon for a couple of Filet O Fish sandwiches is about all either State could afford.

All the talk I've ever seen on reparations centers around Uncle Sam cutting the check.
I have not paid much attention to reparations but whether it is a state issue or federal issue may have its genesis in Special Field Orders No. 15 drafted by Sherman. Some could argue that the United States breaking that deal allowed black people to dodge a bullet as the area awarded may have eventually become a reservation. Some 40,000 former slaves received grants of land under Sherman's order. But the land was taken away from them....and given back to the very folk who declared war against the good ol' US of A. At the very least, descendants of those folks may have an argument. We are not going down that path because the Injuns would want their country back.....People may not realize indigenous people occupied Missouri from 12,000 BC until they were exterminated beginning in the mid 18th century.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:59 pm The Big Mound
Thanks Here are some more: https://www.tripsavvy.com/ohios-fascina ... nds-753018
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:39 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:27 pm Again, folks getting all bent out of shape over the mere notion that the legacy of slavery and Jim Crow should be addressed is pretty disconcerting to me.

Yikes, "reparations"!!!
How unfair! We weren't alive, yada, yada, yada.

Listen, that legacy is real, it has enormous societal costs that continue today.
We need to belly up to that reality and look for better ways to address the persistent after effects.

That doesn't mean a handout. It means investing in the future, empowering all of our citizens to live to their full potential.
Great. Couldn't agree more. You're on a first name basis with your member of US COngress.....what's taking so long to help the blacks of Baltimore? You evah seen an audit of the Baltimore school budget? exactly. One of the largest per student spending, and yet :roll:

Start there. Start local.
Ohh, I quite agree that decades of decay and socio-economic/'white flight' have decimated the City public schools, as well as some real mismanagement.

But you only need to try to use the water fountain in many schools (nope those lead pipes haven't been replaced, so no water fountains) to realize that it will take large scale investment to bring schools to anything remotely akin to the physical standards of the surrounding, more affluent counties.

And sure, per student spending is 'high', but when you look at the challenges of dealing with poor nutrition, one or no parents in the home (or out at work in the evening), lead poisoning, PTSD (nearly every kid in most schools has a family member, a friend, or someone within a few blocks of them killed by gunshot in their young lives; Most multiple such; Many have experienced this first hand...the costs are inevitably going to be high per student. Add to that the multiple language challenges, the high degree of kids poorly identified with learning disabilities (cost of actually educating properly someone with garden variety learning challenges is multiples of avg public school per student spend...head over to Odyssey and see the terrific results...and ask what the cost per student is...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:39 am

Well....that is because it's talked about idiots. Trust me, I know. ;)

But oh boy AFAN, evah the net mover. Massachusettes abolished slavery a few (six) years before 1789, when you claim claims can start. (US Constitution Congress the first ) You claimed it was a USA/Federal govt. problem. But, after me knocking your thinking cerebellum, perhaps realized that it was, after all, a states right. Until it was banned. So yeah, politicians that are ranting about reparations are wasting our time. Especially, while people caught with a "dime" bag of pot lanquish in jail. EVAH hear Kamala proposed ending this horrible incarciration problem?

Any "free" blacks fight for the North, be "lucky" enough to survive battle, and get captured and made a slave. At age 35. Why should the citizens of Massachusettes have to pay b/c Georgia made him a slave? Anyone that doesn't see this as an individual states problem isn't thinking about this idiot issue very much.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:58 pm But oh boy AFAN, evah the net mover. Massachusettes abolished slavery a few (six) years before 1789, when you claim claims can start. (US Constitution Congress the first ) You claimed it was a USA/Federal govt. problem. But, after me knocking your thinking cerebellum, perhaps realized that it was, after all, a states right. Until it was banned.
Until it was banned.....by whom? Take your time. The answer rhymes with "the government of the United States of America".

Keep digging your hole, my friend.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

and to quote 3r, what does this have to do with the election, start a new thread
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:05 pm and to quote 3r, what does this have to do with the election, start a new thread
Umm....because several Presidential candidates, among others, are making it an issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsB6EWNUcyY
Last edited by runrussellrun on Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”