2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:52 am Rochester was in the top 25 safest U.S. cities among those with populations of 210,000 or more people, according to 2021 estimates provided by the U.S. Census Bureau.
Let's not start with the "data" stuff. Anecdotes and "what I heard" and "I saw a guy on TV" and "a lotta people say" is enough now.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

get it to x wrote: ↑Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:38 am

No anger at all. Agree with you 100% on Chauvin. Don't agree that we can do away with robust law enforcement. Cops should never infringe on civil liberties, but they shouldn't stand around and watch a store be looted. It might help if people like you didn't sew so much distrust in police that you make it harder for them to do their jobs. It might also help if we educated young people how to handle an encounter with police. Everyone has a part to play to make it work.

Let me refresh your memory:

"wilding":

https://www.oxygen.com/martinis-murder/ ... ral-park-5

''Death and Taxes analyst Robyn Pennacchia went as far as describing both "wilding" and the "knockout game" as media fabrications.

"There was no such real trend as 'wilding,'" Pennacchia wrote in Business Insider. "It was all made up-but easily accepted by a society conditioned to see young black men as criminals rather than people."

Those Nazi criminal cops who made up the stories are retired today living off of fat pensions financed by taxpayers. They, like many other criminal cops, will be laughing and celebrating for the rest of their lives while others wallow in prison for crimes they never committed because the cops were not caught. While you defend them, I demand that they pay back every cent they stole from taxpayers and to spend the rest of their lives in prison where they belong.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/imag ... QP3V-lFLqp

As shown in the movie, in the book, and in the Knapp hearings, your cop heroes spread drugs all over NYC. Thousands die from drug overdose every year thanks to those criminal cops who control the drug trade. I believe in a life for a life. Since NYC cops are responsible for the deaths of thousands every year, it's time to string up the cop dope dealers ~ it'll teach them a lesson.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:05 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:52 am Rochester was in the top 25 safest U.S. cities among those with populations of 210,000 or more people, according to 2021 estimates provided by the U.S. Census Bureau.
I don't agree with that data. The city just had homicide # 68 last night at around 2am this morning. Maybe the Census Bureau report can define how they determine if a city is safe? Alot of mostly younger black men are not benefitting from all of this new found safety they never knew they had. They are winding up in the morgue. Too often as of late they are guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time when disputes are handled with what side has more weapons. Your bad if you find yourself in the middle of a gunfight.
,,, both things can be true.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:16 am
I don't agree with that data. The city just had homicide # 68 last night at around 2am this morning. Maybe the Census Bureau report can define how they determine if a city is safe? Alot of mostly younger black men are not benefitting from all of this new found safety they never knew they had. They are winding up in the morgue. Too often as of late they are guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time when disputes are handled with what side has more weapons. Your bad if you find yourself in the middle of a gunfight.
That's right. I saw a chart today with several major cities having increases in serious crime over 30%, but LA only in the low teens. That's because you can jack a 55 inch LED TV and still be well under the $950 threshold.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I don't know if I can agree with that. The effort on gun control at least in NYS has been concentrated on law abiding gun owners. The latest attempt in NYS by the Hochulites has been an attempt to subvert the decision of the SCOTUS in regards to concealed carry has been to determine in this fashion. You have your 2nd amendment right to have a concealed carry permit. We are telling you with our list of places you can't carry a concealed weapon acts as a ban on carrying a concealed weapon pretty much in any public location in the state. The court cases are already piling up. # 1 on the list is the ban on concealed carry in a place of worship. Outside of the bizarre new reality that folks now even feel threatened while in church allows me to put forth my own observation. When the crazy people are just sane enough to understand that nobody in that church can carry a weapon now there is a sense of security knowing that no one in that church can stop you. It then is no longer an issue of IF but more like a matter of when it will happen.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

get it to x wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:47 am
That's right. I saw a chart today with several major cities having increases in serious crime over 30%, but LA only in the low teens. That's because you can jack a 55 inch LED TV and still be well under the $950 threshold.
All you will get for being caught red handed will be an appearance ticket in court. Hell they might even provide you with a taxi ride at taxpayer expense to the Wal Mart store of your choice. I wonder how many appearance tickets you can collect before the judge can finally decide that you belong in jail?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
elonmuskrockefeller

Post by elonmuskrockefeller »

I'm a 5 hour drive from Rochester, so I can't legitimately say I know the place great. But I know enough to know that Rochester has a serious problem.

In 5 years, murders were up 126%. That seems a rather steep curve, no?

https://www.rochesterfirst.com/news/loc ... -syracuse/

But okay, like jhu72 said, both things can be true, Rochester can be safer than a lot of other cities and also be very dangerous (maybe that says more about America than Rochester).

But I think that basic observation misses the deeper context, which is, regardless of any statistic you cite, people simply feel unsafe. Something I learned long ago: you can not argue feelings... Your only option is to change direction, and right now, the way to change the perception of high crime (real and perceived, plus high inflation) is to change politicians. That may not make you happy, but it's simply the case.

I felt in 2008, McCain might have done a better job than Obama, but also recognized that the country needed to change direction; Bush and the Republicans really had made a hash out of the economy. I see similar currents at play today with crime and inflation. Incumbents are facing the perfect storm here.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:04 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:47 pm Not fiction.
Desko said the tradition used to be even more involved. Hobart fans would sit in the parking lot drinking beer and drop their pants toward an opposing team’s bus.
Bart fans are the best. BEND OVER AND LOOK AT THE GAME WITH YOUR GOOD EYE, REF!!!! A Bart fan classic never to be forgotten by this fan who was in attendance for the gem.
I hate Cuse and all of you but also mad RESPEK!

We train our fans. Some may think it's indoctrination, I call it building a solid foundation in character like the Greeks.
"Classically trained" Bart fans. Love it. In this case and many others -"Nothing worth learning can be taught."

It must be lived and experienced!
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:55 am

I'm a 5 hour drive from Rochester, so I can't legitimately say I know the place great. But I know enough to know that Rochester has a serious problem.

But okay, like jhu72 said, both things can be true, Rochester can be safer than a lot of other cities and also be very dangerous (maybe that says more about America than Rochester).

But I think that basic observation misses the deeper context, which is, regardless of any statistic you cite, people simply feel unsafe. Something I learned long ago: you can not argue feelings... Your only option is to change direction, and right now, the way to change the perception of high crime (real and perceived, plus high inflation) is to change politicians. That may not make you happy, but it's simply the case.

I felt in 2008, McCain might have done a better job than Obama, but also recognized that the country needed to change direction; Bush and the Republicans really had made a hash out of the economy. I see similar currents at play today with crime and inflation. Incumbents are facing the perfect storm here.
"Your only option is to change direction, and right now, the way to change the perception of high crime (real and perceived, plus high inflation) is to change politicians."

Or turn off the television and abstain from inflammatory "social media"...

And how will changing politicians impact the underlying macro-economic factors that have resulted in this current inflation?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Bart

Post by Bart »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:47 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:04 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:47 pm Not fiction.
Desko said the tradition used to be even more involved. Hobart fans would sit in the parking lot drinking beer and drop their pants toward an opposing team’s bus.
Bart fans are the best. BEND OVER AND LOOK AT THE GAME WITH YOUR GOOD EYE, REF!!!! A Bart fan classic never to be forgotten by this fan who was in attendance for the gem.
I hate Cuse and all of you but also mad RESPEK!

We train our fans. Some may think it's indoctrination, I call it building a solid foundation in character like the Greeks.
"Classically trained" Bart fans. Love it. In this case and many others -"Nothing worth learning can be taught."

It must be lived and experienced!
They used to be absolutely brutal.
elonmuskrockefeller

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:05 pm

"Your only option is to change direction, and right now, the way to change the perception of high crime (real and perceived, plus high inflation) is to change politicians."

And how will changing politicians impact the underlying macro-economic factors that have resulted in this current inflation?

Social media is not responsible for actual crime. Many folks are victims of crime...they are not lying about loss.

Changing the team in charge keeps all politicians honest in a democracy. It is our only option.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

elonmuskrockefeller wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:31 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:05 pm

Social media is not responsible for actual crime. Many folks are victims of crime...they are not lying about loss.

Changing the team in charge keeps all politicians honest in a democracy. It is our only option.
Perception or reality?

"the way to change the perception of high crime"
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
elonmuskrockefeller

I just don't understand how a party that nominates a person who calls police officers “pigs” and shouts “f—k the police” in a state with rapidly increasing violent crime will be rewarded next week.

“It amazes me how those pigs can sit over there to watch us peacefully … talk about what we want changed in this state,” Talauna Reed said in 2021. “And they don’t pay attention until we tear s—t up. So, before I get started, tear everything up in this f—king city until they do what we want them to do.”

https://nypost.com/2022/11/01/washingto ... cops-pigs/

Democratic school board member in the State of Washington with a tight Senate race. Good luck, I guess.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... I just don't understand how a party that calls to defund the FBI, attacks Capitol Police officers, etc., etc. expect to get decent people to vote for them. :lol:
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:50 pm ... I just don't understand how a party that calls to defund the FBI, attacks Capitol Police officers, etc., etc. expect to get decent people to vote for them. :lol:
When the FBI gave Cheryl Mills et al amnesty and allowed her to destroy her phone they ceased being a legit law enforcement entity and became a tool of the Democrat Party. I say fire everyone in the Hoover Building and find some field agents who won't put their thumb on the scale.

BTW, Real Clear Politics has the Senate at 54/46, with Bolduc winning in NH. I still think Tiffany Smiley has a legit shot against Sneaker Mom Patty Murray.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... ction.html
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:00 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:50 pm ... I just don't understand how a party that calls to defund the FBI, attacks Capitol Police officers, etc., etc. expect to get decent people to vote for them. :lol:
When the FBI gave Cheryl Mills et al amnesty and allowed her to destroy her phone they ceased being a legit law enforcement entity and became a tool of the Democrat Party. I say fire everyne in the Hoover Building and find some field agents who won't put their thumb on the scale.
The other side says the same thing about the legitimacy of law enforcement agencies when a policeman dropped a knee on the neck of a man for five minutes...killing him.

Isn't there a tiny chance that you're BOTH right? And you need to join forces and fix our governments?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:12 pm
When the FBI gave Cheryl Mills et al amnesty and allowed her to destroy her phone they ceased being a legit law enforcement entity and became a tool of the Democrat Party. I say fire everyne in the Hoover Building and find some field agents who won't put their thumb on the scale.
The other side says the same thing about the legitimacy of law enforcement agencies when a policeman dropped a knee on the neck of a man for five minutes...killing him.

Isn't there a tiny chance that you're BOTH right? And you need to join forces and fix our governments?
No...hell no, we must fight at all costs!! ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... You miss the point, no one died, it's all Hillary Clinton's fault in his fever dream conspiracy theory. :roll: The FBI was in the tank for Hillary, but the FBI destroyed the chance of Hillary winning the Presidency by breaking their own rule about talking about investigations in progress that have not concluded. You wonder why a right wing nut breaks into Pelosi's House. It is this kind of clear thinking. :roll:
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:48 pm

... You miss the point, no one died, it's all Hillary Clinton's fault in his fever dream conspiracy theory. :roll: The FBI was in the tank for Hillary, but the FBI destroyed the chance of Hillary winning the Presidency by breaking their own rule about talking about investigations in progress that have not concluded. You wonder why a right wing nut breaks into Pelosi's House. It is this kind of clear thinking. :roll:
I think you mean plain nut, as there is zero evidence of his being hard right.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:46 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:48 pm

I think you mean plain nut, as there is zero evidence of his being hard right.
mmmm...seriously?

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-go ... 87157.html
https://sfstandard.com/criminal-justice ... is-garage/

"Hitler wasn't wrong"...!?

Earlier in his life he was a wing nut attracted to the left, but he became radicalized on the hard right.

Return to “POLITICS”