The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by Peter Brown »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:59 pm Biden's skill set is not rhetorical delivery, as he stumbles on words due to his stutter issues, but anyone fair minded knows what he's saying and that he's authentic in his convictions.
It's not a stutter. He gets mixed up & confuses words. It gets worse when he starts to shout & tries to make it a stemwinder.
It's phony & distracting. Unwatchable. ...& then there's Kamala's baby talk. Maybe it's a strategy to distract from their message.

It’s just brutal to watch either. It’s still worse thinking they are America’s top 2 decision makers right now. The word tonight is they are about to release Iran from all sanctions! What is it with Democrats and Iran?!?!

Hunter isn’t on a board there. Are Iranians injecting cash into the DNC?

Guess who’s managing the Iran US negotiating? Russia!! I shiitake you not.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:59 pm Biden's skill set is not rhetorical delivery, as he stumbles on words due to his stutter issues, but anyone fair minded knows what he's saying and that he's authentic in his convictions.
It's not a stutter. He gets mixed up & confuses words. It gets worse when he starts to shout & tries to make it a stemwinder.
It's phony & distracting. Unwatchable. ...& then there's Kamala's baby talk. Maybe it's a strategy to distract from their message.
Good lord, you really do know better so why post such drivel?

He's had a stutter since childhood, worked extremely hard to overcome it, but the neurologic processes that cause the issue are still there, his mind out of sync with his verbalization. It creeps through at times. He says words not realizing he's said them differently than he intended. And has throughout his career.

Again, anyone fair minded understands what he's trying to say and sees that he means what his intent, authentically, whether right or wrong in his opinions.

I don't know what you are referring to re Harris, but if you want someone to critique at the State of the Union, Pelosi would be my target. Man she made me squirm, all excited and near giggly at various parts, standing up inappropriately with a smile when Biden was being very serious, trying to engage with Harris while Biden was speaking...big distraction at least to my wife and me. Schumer also had a bad moment of such.

Bad optics, folks.
Both of them are way past their sell by date, IMO.
The Dems would be smart to move beyond them.

I think Biden is too old as well, but more because the job is incredibly stressful and wearing, not that he doesn't have decent judgements and character. I want him to get through these challenges successfully, because they're America's challenges. And I'm hoping he's up to it...a huge part of that his hiring and managing good people, smart, experienced and of sound character. I think he's done far better in that area, at least outside of the military arena, than did his predecessor. And much better than his predecessor would have done, including military, in a second term.

so, I'm glad Biden has the job for now. Rooting for success.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:09 am
Good lord, you really do know better so why post such drivel?

He's had a stutter since childhood, worked extremely hard to overcome it, but the neurologic processes that cause the issue are still there, his mind out of sync with his verbalization. It creeps through at times. He says words not realizing he's said them differently than he intended. And has throughout his career.

Again, anyone fair minded understands what he's trying to say and sees that he means what his intent, authentically, whether right or wrong in his opinions.

I don't know what you are referring to re Harris, but if you want someone to critique at the State of the Union, Pelosi would be my target. Man she made me squirm, all excited and near giggly at various parts, standing up inappropriately with a smile when Biden was being very serious, trying to engage with Harris while Biden was speaking...big distraction at least to my wife and me. Schumer also had a bad moment of such.

Bad optics, folks.
Both of them are way past their sell by date, IMO.
The Dems would be smart to move beyond them.

I think Biden is too old as well, but more because the job is incredibly stressful and wearing, not that he doesn't have decent judgements and character. I want him to get through these challenges successfully, because they're America's challenges. And I'm hoping he's up to it...a huge part of that his hiring and managing good people, smart, experienced and of sound character. I think he's done far better in that area, at least outside of the military arena, than did his predecessor. And much better than his predecessor would have done, including military, in a second term.

so, I'm glad Biden has the job for now. Rooting for success.

Outside of the first part of this post regarding Biden’s stutter or intellect (he doesn’t stutter, IMO he’s just old and failing), this is the first nuanced take of MD I’ve seen here at Fanlax which I generally concur with. Miracle of miracles. Maybe spending too much time in the Free State of Florida has rubbed off on him?!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

IMO, those who say Biden doesn't have a neurologic "stutter" issue are either simply clueless and mean-spirited, or worse, they're mean-spirited purely for partisan trolling reasons.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/joe-biden-stutter/

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... le/602401/

Despite that reality, Biden himself refuses to blame what is obviously happening to him on the "stutter"... https://www.axios.com/joe-biden-stutter ... c38d9.html

He says he prefers to blame it on being "tired", when he's searching for a word and can't readily find it, rather than those neurological processes...he doesn't like the excuse of the stutter.

But that's what's happening, and that's been the case throughout his career...he's known for these verbal gaffes, the unaware substitution of a word for the one he means or the stumbling to find the right words.

Being "tired" would certainly exacerbate this neurologic issue, so it's not BS to say it happens more when he's tired.

But his actual mental acuity remains strong. Very strong for a man his age.

Which isn't to say he's super smart...he definitely isn't and has never been super bright.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:14 am IMO, those who say Biden doesn't have a neurologic "stutter" issue are either simply clueless and mean-spirited, or worse, they're mean-spirited purely for partisan trolling reasons.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/joe-biden-stutter/

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... le/602401/

Despite that reality, Biden himself refuses to blame what is obviously happening to him on the "stutter"... https://www.axios.com/joe-biden-stutter ... c38d9.html

He says he prefers to blame it on being "tired", when he's searching for a word and can't readily find it, rather than those neurological processes...he doesn't like the excuse of the stutter.

But that's what's happening, and that's been the case throughout his career...he's known for these verbal gaffes, the unaware substitution of a word for the one he means or the stumbling to find the right words.

Being "tired" would certainly exacerbate this neurologic issue, so it's not BS to say it happens more when he's tired.

But his actual mental acuity remains strong. Very strong for a man his age.

Which isn't to say he's super smart...he definitely isn't and has never been super bright.
...and all the other Democratic candidates, just didn't do it for you?

What, about Senator Booker, warranted your NO support? How about Sen. Warren? Bennet, Buddagege (sp) and Bernie no good ?

What about Steyer, what was wrong with supporting him? Rich, elitely educated......white.....awesome belt collection.
Who else ran? flake job Tulsi? Of course, Kamala? Who are we missing?

and yet.......the narrative was......a 2x4 or tree stump, over tRump. You get ,what you seek. Biden fits the tree stump perfectly.

When you live by "anyone but tRump".....you have to live the consequences.

Don't you worry, Hillaryous Clinton IS back...... ....I bought her "what if" speech. Possibly, the best speech I have ever read....amazing woman. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RRR, I would have preferred Klobuchar, Buttigeig, Booker.

Not preferred Steyer (I've met him, his son played lax with mine for a year) but I didn't think he was the guy for the job. Certainly well left of me, but smart cat for sure. He earned, not inherited, his wealth. Seemed like a decent guy on a personal level, but not politically savvy, all ideology.

Warren very smart, very policy competent, but I was concerned that she was too left and didn't have the magic with the voters in middle America. They should like hers and Bernie's policies positions, but too easily demonized.

and yeah, job #1 was to get the lying POS autocrat out of the White House.

I did think that Biden was the safest choice to get that done in 2020. Proved correct that he could do it.

I also prefer his moderate instincts and his desire, if not ability, to unify rather than divide, when he can.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:57 am RRR, I would have preferred Klobuchar, Buttigeig, Booker.

Not preferred Steyer (I've met him, his son played lax with mine for a year) but I didn't think he was the guy for the job. Certainly well left of me, but smart cat for sure. He earned, not inherited, his wealth. Seemed like a decent guy on a personal level, but not politically savvy, all ideology.

Warren very smart, very policy competent, but I was concerned that she was too left and didn't have the magic with the voters in middle America. They should like hers and Bernie's policies positions, but too easily demonized.

I did think that Biden was the safest choice to get that done in 2020. Proved correct that he could do it.

I also prefer his moderate instincts and his desire, if not ability, to unify rather than divide, when he can.
... no one could unify this country in one year. He has done as well as could be hoped. He even tried in the SOU speech. Apparently made some of the base unhappy by not saying a single word about the Jan 6 coup.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:57 am RRR, I would have preferred Klobuchar, Buttigeig, Booker.

... no one could unify this country in one year. He has done as well as could be hoped. He even tried in the SOU speech. Apparently made some of the base unhappy by not saying a single word about the Jan 6 coup.
I agree, mostly because there are rather overwhelming forces against unity. Forces that want maximum division and discord, for profit and/or power.

But I want a POTUS who tries to bring the country together. And Biden indeed is trying.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:31 pm

I agree, mostly because there are rather overwhelming forces against unity. Forces that want maximum division and discord, for profit and/or power.

But I want a POTUS who tries to bring the country together. And Biden indeed is trying.
"And Biden indeed is trying."

He is trying all right. He is trying the patience of all Americans. I know you support winning. Explain for me please what winning looks like from your perspective? I don't see a whole lot of winning going on in the foreseeable future. Maybe you have your own unique definition for winning. All i see happening is more death and destruction . When does the winning start??? What does winning even look like???
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:59 pm

He is trying all right. He is trying the patience of all Americans. I know you support winning. Explain for me please what winning looks like from your perspective? I don't see a whole lot of winning going on in the foreseeable future. Maybe you have your own unique definition for winning. All i see happening is more death and destruction . When does the winning start??? What does winning even look like???
I don't see Biden causing "death and destruction" and if you do YOU have an interesting take on the proximate cause of whatever death and destruction you refer to. The problem with a large fraction of the country watching such junk as Fox News is they come to believe that whatever is wrong with their lives is the direct result of who is in power in the White House.

The problem with that view is the divided power in this country (in particular the broken Senate) is just leading to gridlock because it becomes much easier to just point at the other guy and say its all his fault. And in the case of the Rs today, they have a well-oiled propaganda arm to push what is mostly nonsense about what is actually going on in the world. That is why Trump was able to get away with all the lies he constantly put forth - there was a media machine to keep spreading the same lies, while dreaming up more.

As long as you have the level of partisan gerrymandering and structural gerrymandering that leads to too much power in the hands of low population rural areas vs high population urban ones you make it beneficial to holding onto power to split the other sides power up by concentrating it in some districts and spreading the rest in others hopeless for the other side to win. That leads to seats in the House and Senate that too often represent extremes and politicians who only need to pay attention to their "base" and to hell with the rest of the voters.

No wonder why they are so hated. Make the districts competitive for both parties and you will get a movement to the center...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:18 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:59 pm

I don't see Biden causing "death and destruction" and if you do YOU have an interesting take on the proximate cause of whatever death and destruction you refer to. The problem with a large fraction of the country watching such junk as Fox News is they come to believe that whatever is wrong with their lives is the direct result of who is in power in the White House.

The problem with that view is the divided power in this country (in particular the broken Senate) is just leading to gridlock because it becomes much easier to just point at the other guy and say its all his fault. And in the case of the Rs today, they have a well-oiled propaganda arm to push what is mostly nonsense about what is actually going on in the world. That is why Trump was able to get away with all the lies he constantly put forth - there was a media machine to keep spreading the same lies, while dreaming up more.

As long as you have the level of partisan gerrymandering and structural gerrymandering that leads to too much power in the hands of low population rural areas vs high population urban ones you make it beneficial to holding onto power to split the other sides power up by concentrating it in some districts and spreading the rest in others hopeless for the other side to win. That leads to seats in the House and Senate that too often represent extremes and politicians who only need to pay attention to their "base" and to hell with the rest of the voters.

No wonder why they are so hated. Make the districts competitive for both parties and you will get a movement to the center...

Reading this post and I’m again blown away how thoroughly unaware Red is that everything he says about Republicans, Fox, gerrymandering, and the office of the president can be said about Democrats except even more so.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

PB -
Yes SOME of the things can be said of the other side (extreme gerrymandering in some states but the concentration of D votes in urban areas makes it harder to do the extremes that the Rs have accomplished). But the propaganda machine of Fox News is really unmatched - even the "news" side is so heavily slanted with opinion side generated "issues" that get talked about on the news shows as if they are actually real news as opposed to manufactured ones. If you look at any more neutral source of fact checking you find the number of falsehoods on the RW media to be far greater than that on the left - but that does not say the other side never lies.

My observation is that there are quite fewer hard left journalistic sources that get significant traction than those on the hard right like Fox nowadays and Newsmax, OAN...

And the MSM does NOT have any significant leftward bias. There is plenty of argument that some parts of the MSM actually tilt a bit right. Might look left compared with the looney statements on shows like Tucker Carlson or Hannity, but in reality not so left.

And there is a CLEAR difference between what the Biden administration is trying to do and what Trump actually did. Trump was interested in moving to large scale isolation on the world stage and setting up an economic trade regime where if you were not dominating you were losing. Also the blatant criminality of the Trump administration - the worst since at least Nixon, and in many ways much worse.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:07 pm PB -
Yes SOME of the things can be said of the other side (extreme gerrymandering in some states but the concentration of D votes in urban areas makes it harder to do the extremes that the Rs have accomplished). But the propaganda machine of Fox News is really unmatched - even the "news" side is so heavily slanted with opinion side generated "issues" that get talked about on the news shows as if they are actually real news as opposed to manufactured ones. If you look at any more neutral source of fact checking you find the number of falsehoods on the RW media to be far greater than that on the left - but that does not say the other side never lies.

My observation is that there are quite fewer hard left journalistic sources that get significant traction than those on the hard right like Fox nowadays and Newsmax, OAN...

And the MSM does NOT have any significant leftward bias. There is plenty of argument that some parts of the MSM actually tilt a bit right. Might look left compared with the looney statements on shows like Tucker Carlson or Hannity, but in reality not so left.

And there is a CLEAR difference between what the Biden administration is trying to do and what Trump actually did. Trump was interested in moving to large scale isolation on the world stage and setting up an economic trade regime where if you were not dominating you were losing. Also the blatant criminality of the Trump administration - the worst since at least Nixon, and in many ways much worse.

I think, respectfully, you can’t distinguish the propaganda you hear every second from every mainstream media organization because it’s been so pervasive. One tip-off should be how many mainstream journalists and executives are former DNC staffers…it’s really stunning, anyway, agree to disagree,

Everything his going great for Joe:

57B972AC-4B78-49B9-913E-74DF4C3B3DD4.jpeg
57B972AC-4B78-49B9-913E-74DF4C3B3DD4.jpeg (218.35 KiB) Viewed 780 times
a fan

Post by a fan »

Pete still thinks presidents control gas prices.

Neat-o.

You and your like will get what you deserve.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

If we're gonna go all super-sayin, we could very well see a November with inflation under control, economy still humming in other facets, unemployment at record lows, market at record highs, wages up, Ukraine saved, gas down, electric car sales at record highs, COVID as background noise.

And of course Biden wouldn't be responsible for most of it, and yet another Blue Wave would happen because people blow with the wind.

I mean we had people on here predicting a massive Red Wave in 2020...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:05 pm Pete still thinks presidents control gas prices.

Neat-o.

Can you explain why Joe shut down the Kesytone XL pipeline?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:40 pm If we're gonna go all super-sayin, we could very well see a November with inflation under control, economy still humming in other facets, unemployment at record lows, market at record highs, wages up, Ukraine saved, gas down, electric car sales at record highs, COVID as background noise.

And of course Biden wouldn't be responsible for most of it, and yet another Blue Wave would happen because people blow with the wind.

I mean we had people on here predicting a massive Red Wave in 2020...

I’m not sure you know this, but Republicans did very well in 2020, even with the anvil of DJT hanging tight to the ankles of every candidate.

Republicans outperformed the polls up and down the ballot in the 2020 election, to the surprise even of many Republican political operatives and survey researchers.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/11/93343584 ... amed-trump
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:39 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:07 pm PB -

I think, respectfully, you can’t distinguish the propaganda you hear every second from every mainstream media organization because it’s been so pervasive. One tip-off should be how many mainstream journalists and executives are former DNC staffers…it’s really stunning, anyway, agree to disagree,

Everything his going great for Joe:

57B972AC-4B78-49B9-913E-74DF4C3B3DD4.jpeg
so, who IS stopping anyone from riding a bike ?

lil bit of rain tonight, but the forecast looks like it usually does for San Diego

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/ca/san-diego

maybe folks wouldnt' have heart problems if they cared about the environment, particularly their own...

nope.....better to DRIVE to the airconditioned gym, using electric powered bikes and treadmills.....only to drive home again.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:06 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:05 pm Pete still thinks presidents control gas prices.

Neat-o.

Can you explain why Joe shut down the Kesytone XL pipeline?
hmmm, why would you post this, after this exact bs has been so thoroughly discussed and refuted as having any impact on US prices?

Oh yeah, boo Biden. Go R's.

I've previously said that I think building Keystone, perhaps with modifications, would be in the United States' strategic interest, and so would support finding a way to ensure as much easy access to Canadian reserves as we can... but it has bupkus to do with US oil prices this past year or this one or next year. Most likely will never have an impact on US prices. But strategically it would provide additional potential resiliency.

But the big picture, long term, is alternatives, not oil and gas.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Neat-o.

So are you saying Joe was lying?

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”