Unfit Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: President Elect Biden

Post by DMac »

As for your noting Joe's being in school to avoid Vietnam (or maybe not) note that about millions of others his age as well. Jus' sayin'.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:30 pm What does the Peter Principle mean if you’ve just achieved the highest position possible?
It means you have reached the ultimate level of incompetence you can possibly achieve. I thought trump already proved this principle in spades?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:16 pm I agree with the notion that the Trump Supporters sold their souls and were awfully quiet for the past 4 years about his lies, crimes and bs. But what has happened to those same super-sensitive NeverTrumpers and Resisters? Seems like they sold their souls down the river too.

All the people here complaining about me pointing out Biden's foibles are the ones who railed Trump over more, same, and lesser things. Now they are letting Joe and the Dems off the hook. Cause he "Ain't Trump." Sorry, but Biden hasn't earned a pass. I'm not canonizing him because he's "anyone but Trump." How quickly many forget 45+ years of mediocrity and political Same Old Sh1t (SoS).
I'll wager all the money in my pockets against all the money in yours that Biden will be hammered by the Water Cooler left and center 10x more than Trump was criticized here by his enablers.

No one is going to give Biden a pass for doodly when he takes office......people are fed up. And he has next to zero fans out there. His biggest feature, as we all know, is that he's not Trump. Second to that? He knows how DC works.

And I add the single caveat-----if McConnell won't let Biden do anything at all, and simple plays the same game he did under Obama? I will 100% give Biden a pass for any and all domestic policies. Biden can't get things done with a Congress that plays games to intentionally sabotage Biden's ability to reasonably govern.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:48 pm As for your noting Joe's being in school to avoid Vietnam (or maybe not) note that about millions of others his age as well. Jus' sayin'.
There is a positive side to Joe never having served. I can think of how many infantry soldiers lives were saved not having had Joe leading them into combat. Joe probably would have been the next leader of the lost platoon.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:49 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:30 pm What does the Peter Principle mean if you’ve just achieved the highest position possible?
It means you have reached the ultimate level of incompetence you can possibly achieve. I thought trump already proved this principle in spades?
I was under the impression it meant you were in the position that you deserve to being in from a capability perspective.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:30 am
njbill wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:29 am Kramer is the new Pete. Just can’t take it that his boy Trump lost.
But didn't vote for him...
This is the slimy game you guys play. Recasting people. Trying to silence them. Rather than straight up engaging them on what they say.
Do you really think people are so stupid to not see what you are doing ?
Is this the new strategy trying to squelch any criticism of Biden. Weak.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:07 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:49 pm
I was under the impression it meant you were in the position that you deserve to being in from a capability perspective.
One step above where you should be, based upon your capabilities.
DMac

Post by DMac »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:02 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:48 pm As for your noting Joe's being in school to avoid Vietnam (or maybe not) note that about millions of others his age as well. Jus' sayin'.
There is a positive side to Joe never having served. I can think of how many infantry soldiers lives were saved not having had Joe leading them into combat. Joe probably would have been the next leader of the lost platoon.
This is really unfair, cradle. You figure there weren't multitudes of platoon leaders who weren't worse than Joe might've been? You really have no idea how good or bad a platoon leader Joe might have been as a young man.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:10 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:30 am
njbill wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:29 am Kramer is the new Pete. Just can’t take it that his boy Trump lost.
But didn't vote for him...
This is the slimy game you guys play. Recasting people. Trying to silence them. Rather than straight up engaging them on what they say.
:lol: :roll: Did you miss the subsequent discussion?

Kramer is far from silenced, but we did discuss which sorts of critiques have more weight than others.
Cooter

Cadaverous Joe Biden

Post by Cooter »

DMac wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:15 pm
This is really unfair, cradle. You figure there weren't multitudes of platoon leaders who weren't worse than Joe might've been? You really have no idea how good or bad a platoon leader Joe might have been as a young man.
How do you know Joe Biden would have been an officer?
Live Free or Die!
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:10 pm This is the slimy game you guys play. Recasting people. Trying to silence them. Rather than straight up engaging them on what they say.
You mean like calling anyone who dares to criticize Trump as having TDS...telling posters they're literally insane for criticizing what their leaders say or do? Or squealing "Orange Man Bad'? Or telling us that we're stupid if we take what our President says literally?

Not once. But nonstop. For four freaking years. Constantly gaslighting. Constantly mocking any and all criticisms as crying.

And the cherry on top? Now here you are, hitting posters for doing what you did. For four freaking years.

Congratulations, you now are the proud record holder as the least self-aware person on the Forum. :lol: ;)

Edited----I forgot to add a good natured emoji. I'm giving you well earned grief here.....
Last edited by a fan on Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

It maybe unfair but I am not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. We will never know because Joe never served. He never had bone spurs but he sure had an aversion to being shot at. I suppose that is not abnormal for many people of his generation. When your planning your career as a politician you can't let anything get in your way. Being KIA would sure be an impediment to that career choice. Especially in some chithole like vietnam.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Looks like Trump's corporate support is starting to bail. They are calling for the Biden transition to begin.

U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the National Association of Manufacturers had meetings yesterday with GSA and told them "time is up". Big Wall Street Money Managers are unhappy but have not yet expressed their feelings directly. A handful of industrial companies are also unhappy with the situation (reporters claim) but again no one has spoken to GSA or Trump as far as anyone knows.

Not really surprising.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DMac

Re: Cadaverous Joe Biden

Post by DMac »

Cooter wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:31 pm
How do you know Joe Biden would have been an officer?
I'm pretty sure I'm not the one who made him a platoon leader, but to answer your question, I don't know. Rank or position really has nothing to do with my point though. How a soldier is going to react under combat conditions is incidental to rank, no one here has any idea how Joe would have. They never had to find out how they would have either, so whose to say they would have been a better soldier?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:35 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:10 pm This is the slimy game you guys play. Recasting people. Trying to silence them. Rather than straight up engaging them on what they say.
You mean like calling anyone who dares to criticize Trump as having TDS...telling posters they're literally insane for criticizing what their leaders say or do? Or squealing "Orange Man Bad'? Or telling us that we're stupid if we take what our President says literally?

Not once. But nonstop. For four freaking years. Constantly gaslighting. Constantly mocking any and all criticisms as crying.

And the cherry on top? Now here you are, hitting posters for doing what you did. For four freaking years.

Congratulations, you now are the proud record holder as the least self-aware person on the Forum.
Do you seriously maintain that the personal & political attacks leveled here against Biden have been anywhere close to those directed against Trump, in volume or intensity ? They have not been sufficient in number or frequency to be characterized as a syndrome.
Biden has not been criticized sufficiently to merit attempts to shut down his critics.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

So, are you saying that Trump's personality, his past behaviors, attitudes, temperament and business practices are IN ANY WAY comparable to Joe Biden's, or to just about ANY politician now or ever existing? There are probably a few uber-sleazy businessmen that come close, but to imply that Trump's behavior, his morals, his attitudes are NOT flat out uniquely deplorable, is to permanently screw your tinfoil hat on so tight that it will never come off.

If there has EVER been a politician more deserving of the enmity and scorn of a nation...well...he is that guy.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:57 pm Do you seriously maintain that the personal & political attacks leveled here against Biden have been anywhere close to those directed against Trump, in volume or intensity ? They have not been sufficient in number or frequency to be characterized as a syndrome.
Biden has not been criticized sufficiently to merit attempts to shut down his critics.
He hasn't taken office yet, for one.

And for two, you and I both know that Biden isn't going to govern via twitter. Or say silly things like Mexico will pay for his plans. Or any number of a million things Trump did that were unethical, or just horrible leadership.

Unfit for office. YOUR words on Trump. Biden isn't unfit for office. Biden's sin is that he's 40 years of reheated corrupt Dem leftovers.

And for three, I guarantee you that NO ONE will gaslight folks criticizing Biden. UNLESS they are mocking TrumpFans and four years of gaslighting.

And for four-------NO ONE is going to be a Biden fan, as millions were for Trump. Where no matter what he does, it's right.

Watch what happens. The left----and reasonable people like me------are going to be all over Biden if he tries to kick the can down the road, and doesn't fix one single problem we have in America. He's not going to get the magic pass like Republicans gave to Trump...where no matter what he does, even if it's the antithesis of RepublicanTheory for 50+ years......it's right.

Sit back and enjoy.

The ONLY way Biden will get a pass is, as I said-----if McConnell jams it all up for no reason other than to make Biden and America fail.
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:43 pm Looks like Trump's corporate support is starting to bail. They are calling for the Biden transition to begin.

U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the National Association of Manufacturers had meetings yesterday with GSA and told them "time is up". Big Wall Street Money Managers are unhappy but have not yet expressed their feelings directly. A handful of industrial companies are also unhappy with the situation (reporters claim) but again no one has spoken to GSA or Trump as far as anyone knows.

Not really surprising.
Heaven forbid we deal with a real crisis in Feb or Mar that we're not ready for.......and we'll get to hear all the lovely excuses from TrumpFans as to why it's ok that Trump is throwing a temper tantrum, and putting our nation at risk right now.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:07 pm So, are you saying that Trump's personality, his past behaviors, attitudes, temperament and business practices are IN ANY WAY comparable to Joe Biden's, or to just about ANY politician now or ever existing? There are probably a few uber-sleazy businessmen that come close, but to imply that Trump's behavior, his morals, his attitudes are NOT flat out uniquely deplorable, is to permanently screw your tinfoil hat on so tight that it will never come off.

If there has EVER been a politician more deserving of the enmity and scorn of a nation...well...he is that guy.

Trump to any politician, EVER? Maybe, maybe not. There are some sleazy ones out there:

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/28/meet-am ... cians.html

I think thanks to the instant communication age we live in, coupled with the hyper-partisan atmosphere he's had to govern in, and his constant asinine botton-pushing, fight-picking behavior brought MORE scrutiny and critique than any others. That's for certain. But that's on him.

But just because we're coming off of being Trumped to death for the past 4 years, does not give "not trump" politicians, including Biden, a pass.

Driving on a highway at 65+ MPH and getting used to the speed, does not give you a pass when you jump on another road and get pulled over for speeding.

My favorite concept in Drivers Ed:

https://www.keeferlaw.org/what-is-velocitation/
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”