All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:29 pm Interesting.....

Sitting here scrolling through FOX, MSNBC, CNN, and CNBC channels...and every single one has had a physician on their panel stating that they are NOT testing everyone that comes in with "flu" symptoms. They are first being screened, telling people to NOT rush to the ER or Dr's office if they feel bad. The physicians are the ones making the decision to test for Covid or not, its not a blanket test everyone with fever that comes thru their door.
The problem is when people come in with flu symptoms and are tested for the flu and it is determined that it isn’t the flu, they are sent home with no resolution.....because we turned away the test kits from the WHO.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Do these people (Trump and friends) every stop spinning and lying? :roll: Debbie douchebag lied, mischaracterized the Roche system story. There was no development to be done. They did no development in two weeks. It was a system already approved for use in Europe and already had a CE* mark on it. All they did was some paper work with the agreement of the FDA that they would accept that paperwork on an expedited basis. :roll:

The guy from Roche told the truth.

*CE mark on medical equipment means it can be marketed and sold in the EU. Equivalent of FDA "registration", not approval, not certification in the US.
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

I just came back from shopping for groceries at Target Store. Folks were rather panicky. Many shelves were empty though the stock boys and girls were busy as could be. Management reported that the store was depleted of toilet paper!

What next?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:53 pm I just came back from shopping for groceries at Target Store. Folks were rather panicky. Many shelves were empty though the stock boys and girls were busy as could be. Management reported that the store was depleted of toilet paper!

What next?
It’s also because many families are stocking up because their kids are returning home.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Clearly this Trump presser is a redo of the disaster of two days ago. The national emergency declaration helps. He has done better, but the constant spinning and lying is same old same old with this guy. :roll:

Such a bull answer to the NBC reporter's question by Trump and now Fauci is answering a different question (not asked). Nothing but political bull in the response.
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

What a great job by this administration.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:10 pm What a great job by this administration.
You can keep your doctor....and go and get tested.

🤡
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:10 pm What a great job by this administration.
Yep and you start the party/reality show 30 minutes before the markets close so you can take credit for them being up.
I am continually amazed at how OBVIOUS these people are.

Azar must still be in the doghouse as his subordinate got a shout out to talk but he didn't.
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:30 pm
Yep and you start the party/reality show 30 minutes before the markets close so you can take credit for them being up.

Azar must still be in the doghouse as his subordinate got a shout out to talk but he didn't.
Yep. I knew it would be late in the day on a Friday so the clowns can talk about it all weekend. We will see next week.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trump turns to Fauci every time he is asked a difficult (political) question. Even on subjects Fauci has no knowledge of. Fauci was no where near the beans canning of the CDC emergency response team, but Trump throws Fauci's body on the question. Interesting that Trump did not deny that it happened.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

It’s because people are freaking out and preparing for a probably lockdown. When the going gets tough, the tough get hoarding.

Morning news showed a line of people at a local Wegmans waiting to get in at 6am. I stopped at another one out of my area at 1pm and chicken, outside of a few whole birds, was sold out. Lots of empty shelf’s. I got some pork necks and kale (nobody eats that), Brie cheese and baguette. Like someone said earlier, like thanksgiving except flying saucers are coming.

I stopped at an Indian market to get a 5lb bag of basmati rice. Much busier than normal and a 1 bag of rice limit. Pet Smart very busy. Got an extra bag of cat food for my boy. Can’t feed a cat just anything. Lastly, stopped at the adult bev store for some Leopold’s gin and Dolin vermouth. Just need some extra ammo to blow away the zombies when they come around looking for toilet paper.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kismet wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:30 pm
Yup. But you can't really fault them for knowing how to play the game.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Sad that all you guys care about is money and partisanship.
~Livy

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

So Debbie gave a really good answer to the most recent question. A technical question. But it raises a question no one asked - so I will ask it. She claims the test makes use of a swab, not blood specimen. Good answer. So why does the CDC guideline require that tested individuals supply two test swabs (makes sense) AND a blood sample???
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:36 pm Sad that all you guys care about is money and partisanship.
I'll give him thumbs up for mentioning the fabrication of ventilators. The press will be asking about the numbers made available, and when, in the coming days.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:33 pm It’s because people are freaking out and preparing for a probably lockdown. When the going gets tough, the tough get hoarding.

Morning news showed a line of people at a local Wegmans waiting to get in at 6am. I stopped at another one out of my area at 1pm and chicken, outside of a few whole birds, was sold out. Lots of empty shelf’s. I got some pork necks and kale (nobody eats that), Brie cheese and baguette. Like someone said earlier, like thanksgiving except flying saucers are coming.

I stopped at an Indian market to get a 5lb bag of basmati rice. Much busier than normal and a 1 bag of rice limit. Pet Smart very busy. Got an extra bag of cat food for my boy. Can’t feed a cat just anything. Lastly, stopped at the adult bev store for some Leopold’s gin and Dolin vermouth. Just need some extra ammo to blow away the zombies when they come around looking for toilet paper.
:lol: :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:40 pm So Debbie gave a really good answer to the most recent question. A technical question. But it raises a question no one asked - so I will ask it. She claims the test makes use of a swab, not blood specimen. Good answer. So why does the CDC guideline require that tested individuals supply two test sawbs (makes sense) AND a blood sample???
Maybe they narrowed down how to test that required no blood sample. And the blood sample previously required, provided added support to determine prognosis?
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:36 pm Sad that all you guys care about is money and partisanship.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:45 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:40 pm So Debbie gave a really good answer to the most recent question. A technical question. But it raises a question no one asked - so I will ask it. She claims the test makes use of a swab, not blood specimen. Good answer. So why does the CDC guideline require that tested individuals supply two test sawbs (makes sense) AND a blood sample???
Maybe they narrowed down how to test that required no blood sample. And the blood sample previously required, provided added support to determine prognosis?
We will see. Two days ago, the last time I checked, after the release of all the latest test kits, they required a nasal swab, a throat swab, blood sample and some verbiage (questionably retracted) about a stool sample. I will see what my wife now says. She gets notifications from CDC, MD, DC and VA Departments of Health and see if it has changed.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

David Frum wrote in the Atlantic:
.......the president and his administration are responsible for grave, costly errors, most especially the epic manufacturing failures in diagnostic testing, the decision to test too few people, the delay in expanding testing to labs outside the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and problems in the supply chain. These mistakes have left us blind and badly behind the curve, and, for a few crucial weeks, they created a false sense of security. What we now know is that the coronavirus silently spread for several weeks, without us being aware of it and while we were doing nothing to stop it. Containment and mitigation efforts could have significantly slowed its spread at an early, critical point, but we frittered away that opportunity.

“They’ve simply lost time they can’t make up. You can’t get back six weeks of blindness,” Jeremy Konyndyk, who helped oversee the international response to Ebola during the Obama administration and is a senior policy fellow at the Center for Global Development, told The Washington Post. “To the extent that there’s someone to blame here, the blame is on poor, chaotic management from the White House and failure to acknowledge the big picture.”
As I see it, DJT didn't want a health crisis because he (or his advisers) knew that a pandemic would affect consumers which would affect revenues and workers which would affect GDP.

He thought first of the mantra that the middle, who determine elections, vote on the economy. A pandemic 10 months before an election is a **Very Bad** for an incumbent hoping to leverage an economy that has been growing for a dozen years, because the stock market will crash to Bear and the marginal wage earners will get smushed.

So he put a lid on it. He hoped it all would just go away, and didn't organize a plan B in case the worst case scenario happened.

The bad news for the White House: His suppression campaign was picked up by the right wing media and now most of the old white under-informed voters are loyally treating this pandemic as a hoax.

The good news for the White House: He managed to leverage the private sector which can and does respond quickly when their costs are covered and regulatory easing is thrown in. He may be catching up.

I just watched the 3 PM presser on Fox. Trumps looked sleepy and sounded disengaged. The message I got is that he finally submitted to the scientists and is hoping that if he contributes his clout to their solutions everything will be OK. I was impressed by his team, and happy that he'd given them carte blanche to resolve this. I still am angry that he suppressed any response domestically until the pandemic became obvious even to the press. I will call this a win for him unless someone I know is killed.

Return to “POLITICS”