Religion in America

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Religion in America

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Faux religion and gun costume play: today’s GOP:

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevanzetti/ ... 4669338627

Matt Gaetz at the Texas Youth Summit. Hmmm, big menu?
OuttaNowhereWregget

God is either who he says he is or we are all left to our own opinions

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

The Rose Bowl could be filled to capacity with over 100,000 people, each one of them believing a different thing about whether or not there is a God or gods and what, if anything, is required of us according to that God or gods and if there is an afterlife and what that looks like, etc. If God is concerned with the affairs of human beings whom he created in his image then it only stands to reason that he would communicate with them in such a way that they would be able to know who he is, what he says about life and what he requires from those he created. Jesus said, Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent. (John 17.3) There is no knowing of God without a message in written form preserved down through the ages for every generation to read and learn from and be guided by. Otherwise, we can all make up our own version of God and do just as we please according to our own “gospel”. That’s nowhere. Or as Solomon put it in the book of Ecclesiastes, “Futility and chasing after wind.” Either Jesus walked the earth and his words were faithfully and divinely appointed to be recorded or we can make Jesus into a mythical figure like Zeus or Hermes and fancy he said whatever we want. Either Jesus said what he said, right down to the last quote, or he and his words in the four gospels are all a fairy tale and each one of us can write our own fairy tale to suit our own preferences. 

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. If this well known verse found in the gospel of John, 3rd chapter, 16th verse is true; if God truly loves us, and wants to live in intimate and meaningful relationship with each one of us as individuals, then it's merely sound logic that he would give us something solid to go on. That’s the Bible. Otherwise each one of us, every individual who has ever lived and walked on the face of this earth can make up their own god and their own story and their own Bible according to their own whims and fancies. Again – that is nowhere. 

The books that are in the Bible are there because God wanted them there and the books that are not in the Bible are not there because God didn’t want them there. The so-called other gospels contradict what are in the four gospels and other portions of the Bible, as well. If God exists and he wants to communicate with those whom he created he certainly wouldn’t allow one of his creatures to corrupt the words that he inspired human beings to write (2 Timothy 3.16; 2 Peter 1.16-21). There are thousands upon thousands of copies and fragments of ancient manuscripts of each of the books of the Bible preserved and cataloged in libraries and museums all over the world and they all agree apart from minor additions or subtractions, punctuation, etc. The discovery and examination of the Dead Sea scrolls was more proof of that. The Bible is either all true or none of it is true. We can’t pick and choose what we think is true according to our own individual opinions and biases. With that said, it would be a very valuable undertaking to read it and become informed as to what it actually says, not what others say it says. I am convinced and have faith that what is written in the Bible is true--in its entirety.

According to the Bible, one day, after we die and leave this earth, we will all stand, in the absence of all falsehood and speculation, in the searing light of pure truth and God's actual presence, and give an account for our lives, and above all, what we did with Jesus, with our eternal dwelling place in the balance. It is a stunningly sobering thought.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Why aren't the TV preachers telling us how God is punishing Florida?

You know like when it happened to New Orleans.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

CU88 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:37 pm Why aren't the TV preachers telling us how God is punishing Florida?

‘Cause de Satan, their lord, assured it was his plan and that it was only a 500 year flood…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:37 pm Why aren't the TV preachers telling us how God is punishing Florida?

Maybe because they learned a lesson.....unlike you, apparently. ;)

Last I checked, it hurricanes happen quite often in this state....even when the native people lived there; It' not like this is something new. This storm is still ranked lower than 7 others when it hit land fall as a CAT4.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:18 pm

Last I checked, it hurricanes happen quite often in this state....even when the native people lived there; It' not like this is something new. This storm is still ranked lower than 7 others when it hit land fall as a CAT4.
hmmm, you really think the preachers who claimed that about New Orleans learned a lesson??
They raised lots of dough for their personal coffers with that BS.

Yes, they happen in Louisiana a lot too...unless someone is making the argument that the periodicity of storms is increasing due to climate change, not sure how it's relevant to the preacher BS that storms happen in these areas with some frequency...could they not all be to punish those living in sin, including the heathens? :roll:

There's surely a lot of sin in this world to punish.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:18 pm

... MSNBC claims 4 other stronger storms based on windspeed upon land fall :?:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Marjorie Taylor Greene - USA's # 1 Christian nationalist:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/27/opinions ... index.html

“We need to be the party of nationalism and I’m a Christian, and I say it proudly, we should be Christian nationalists,” Greene said in an interview while attending the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit in Florida on Saturday. Her self-avowal of Christian nationalism follows her claim last month that Christian nationalism is “nothing to be afraid of,” and that the “movement” will solve school shootings and “sexual immorality” in America.

Turns out that the great Lady Evangelist and Savioress of America has been carrying lurid sexual affairs:

Marjorie Taylor Greene 's husband is filing for divorce from the controversial 48-year-old Georgia Republican congresswoman
Husband, Perry Greene, filed for divorce on Tuesday after 27 years of marriage
The pair were married in August 1995 whilst she was still a student at the University of Georgia - the pair brought up three children, all now adults
In 2012, Marjorie Taylor Greene had filed for divorce following affairs with tantric sex guru Craig Ivey and fitness gym manager Justin Tway
Last year it was revealed how she planned to leave Perry in July 2012 but reconciled with him two months later
Divorce papers show Taylor Greene blamed the marriage breakdown on their relationship being 'irretrievably broken'
She had met her two lovers while working at a gym in Georgia in 2012
The court papers note that she and her husband were able to reconcile – possibly because her affairs with Ivey and Tway had come to an end
Known for her QAnon conspiracy theories, she boasts on her social media of her love of 'family values' and being a 'strong, conservative, Christian'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lover.html

Honestly now, is anyone surprised? These right wing Talebangelists are the biggest Pharisees anywhere. How can anyone vote Repukeblicon after seeing incidents like this over and over again???
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Just the best people. The moral elite. :lol: :lol: :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Christian church pervs always sexually abuse children. They can never get enough. Had this been a liberal institution the right wingnuts would be screaming and hollering all over the place and claim that it was proof of leftist perversion. Such hypocrisy!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MTG's Christian sermon for today:

https://i.ibb.co/6sYkmSp/original-488099817.png

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Was the school founded by Robert Maplethorpe or perhaps an ancestor or Jean Paul Marat?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
CU88

Post by CU88 »

No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen@NoLieWithBTC

Marjorie Taylor Greene calling on the Supreme Court to end hundreds of thousands of happy same-sex marriages because of “the Bible” while her and her husband are divorcing is one of the best summations of Republican hypocrisy I’ve ever seen.

9:59 PM · Oct 11, 2022·Twitter Web App
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“The law is an ess.” — Dickens

‘“ ANew Orleans attorney who represents victims of clerical sexual abuse faces a $400,000 fine after alerting a local Catholic high school that a priest who worked there once admitted to fondling and kissing a teen girl he met at another church institution.

The lawyer, Richard Trahant, said he would appeal against the hefty sanction handed to him on Tuesday, which stemmed from a federal judge’s ruling that his alert violated confidentiality rules governing a Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing by the local archdiocese.

FILE - Archbishop Gregory Aymond conducts the procession to lead a live streamed Easter Mass in St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans, Sunday, April 12, 2020. The FBI has opened a widening investigation into Roman Catholic sex abuse in New Orleans, looking specifically at whether priests took children across state lines to molest them. The FBI declined to comment, as did the Louisiana State Police, which is assisting in the inquiry. The Archdiocese of New Orleans declined to discuss the federal investigation. “I’d prefer not to pursue this conversation,” Aymond told AP. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert, File)
Is net finally closing on US priest who allegedly abused ‘countless’ children?
Read more
A spokesman for the archdiocese – the second-oldest in the US, serving about 400,000 parishioners – declined comment other than to say: “The wisdom of the judge’s ruling speaks for itself.”‘

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... misconduct

Oh, the Church said 16 was the age of majority, did they? Now, THIS, is what the separation clause is about.

Fnck those freaks and their Halloween costumes.

“Worldwide, the Catholic church has since 2002 instructed leaders to consider anyone younger than 18 underage. However, though the investigation found Hart broke longstanding church laws mandating that priests practice celibacy, it did not find he sexually abused a minor. Under church law in effect at the time, the age of majority was 16.”
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
DMac

Post by DMac »

:o :o :o
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

The criminal Mike Flynn and Eric Trump…let us pray:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipkows ... 4226273281

And of course, there’s more on this paragon that Old Salt propped up for years:

https://mobile.twitter.com/frontlinepbs ... 0834896896
DMac

Post by DMac »

I've got to change my post from, The Lord works in mysteries ways to The Lord works in unfathomable ways.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:35 am I've got to change my post from, The Lord works in mysteries ways to The Lord works in unfathomable ways.
God knew what he was doing

https://memescraps.com/2020/03/03/far-side-jerks/
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Christian fascists; enabled by the GOP:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Imposter_Edi ... 1172300801