Johns Hopkins 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Lenwood117

Re: Johns Hopkins 2020

Post by Lenwood117 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:36 pm https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/11 ... 9726503943
IL’s No. 21 junior Jojo Todaro, LSM/D, Carey (N.Y.) / @ICONLongIsland has switched from @CuseMLAX to @JHUmenslacrosse. Arguably the most dominant defender at @ShowtimeLax, Todaro made his presence felt all over the field
You love to see it.

No one tell DMac that Cuse just lost their best recruit to the Jays. Guess some kids don't care about their coaches' physical appearance.

Hopkins 2021 class now has two 5-star defenders, another 4-star defender and a 4-star goalie.
Army yesterday who has no 4 or 5 star recruits on roster, hold their against your loaded team of 4 to 5 star recruits
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Lenwood117 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:07 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:36 pm https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/11 ... 9726503943
IL’s No. 21 junior Jojo Todaro, LSM/D, Carey (N.Y.) / @ICONLongIsland has switched from @CuseMLAX to @JHUmenslacrosse. Arguably the most dominant defender at @ShowtimeLax, Todaro made his presence felt all over the field
You love to see it.

No one tell DMac that Cuse just lost their best recruit to the Jays. Guess some kids don't care about their coaches' physical appearance.

Hopkins 2021 class now has two 5-star defenders, another 4-star defender and a 4-star goalie.
Army yesterday who has no 4 or 5 star recruits on roster, hold their against your loaded team of 4 to 5 star recruits
Congrats
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:13 pm
Lenwood117 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:07 pm
You love to see it.

Congrats
Just saying ratings her for the Rich, that cam make every event , ty is at
DMac

Post by DMac »

You love to see it.

Am happy to oblige you, 16.
Congrats to Hopkins lacrosse and the young man. A fine academic institution, sure can't go wrong with that sheepskin.
Arguably the most dominant defender at @ShowtimeLax, must be it's arguable that someone else was too.
Always interesting to see how promising recruits look when they step up to D1 and compete against the best in all of the land.
To be continued.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

HowieT3 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:44 pm One year Daniel Snyder tried to make more money for his NFL team by charging admission for training camp. It lasted only one day because the stands were loaded with scouts from the other teams who were perfectly within NFL rules to be there because admission was charged.
Given it was the Redskins under Snyder I am surprised opposing teams bothered. As a DC native born a stone's throw away from RFK Stadium it is painful to see what he has done to a proud franchise and fan base.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:12 pm Back to lacrosse: I believe the ACL is among the names mentioned yesterday as doing “well”. I’m not sure if that’s a statement of health, disinformation, or just accidental slipping a name in among many other names despite someone’s year being potentially over. Probably the latter.

So if you take the "well" quote literally as opposed to "helped themselves" - you have narrowed it to Smith, Keogh or Degnon? Smith would hurt alot - 2x captain - 3rd leading returning scorer - Keogh - only the 8th leading returning scorer but he did go from 2 points to 13 points and he provides some versatility and his loss would hurt mid-field depth (even though he isn't a mid-fielder). Degnon - while you hate to say it - you can't say what his impact would have been - would he have made the 2nd mid-field?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

DMac wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:19 pm
You love to see it.

Congrats to Hopkins lacrosse and the young man. A fine academic institution, sure can't go wrong with that sheepskin.
Arguably the most dominant defender at @ShowtimeLax, must be it's arguable that someone else was too.
Always interesting to see how promising recruits look when they step up to D1 and compete against the best in all of the land.
To be continued.
Don't worry DMac, our guy Petro will have them performing at a 2-3 star level in no time!

:lol: :oops: :x
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:08 pm
You love to see it.

To be continued.
Don't worry DMac, our guy Petro will have them performing at a 2-3 star level in no time!

I just spit out my coffee :lol:
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Why the subterfuge and guessing game about whose season may be over? The injury occurred during a public scrimmage...I feel like that's fair game to discuss. Kind of silly IMO to be wondering about who it is all offseason like a game of Guess Who.

Re: recruiting—I love how first the argument is Hopkins can't recruit anymore and doesn't land the top-tier high school players, then when they demonstrably do that, the goal posts quickly shift to "well Petro ruins them when they get there." And, of course, some of the people who start with that second argument often shift right back to "actually Hopkins isn't recruiting well in the first place." That's far from the only example of circular reasoning in this thread, but it is an obvious one.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Ah but that's what makes the Hop thread so highly entertaining, 16. They do indeed eat their young there, regurgitate 'em, then eat 'em again. It's a bird thing, they do that too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN6gS0KAqCE
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:59 pm Ah but that's what makes the Hop thread so highly entertaining, 16. They do indeed eat their young there, regurgitate 'em, then eat 'em again. It's a bird thing, they do that too.
Not wombatcrazy but still necessitates a flag . DMaC may be PB's uncle
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:41 pm Re: recruiting—I love how first the argument is Hopkins can't recruit anymore and doesn't land the top-tier high school players, then when they demonstrably do that, the goal posts quickly shift to "well Petro ruins them when they get there." And, of course, some of the people who start with that second argument often shift right back to "actually Hopkins isn't recruiting well in the first place." That's far from the only example of circular reasoning in this thread, but it is an obvious one.
You act like those talents are mutually exclusive.
I've seen Petro prove himself to be a HOF multi-tasker in both those areas.
Throughout the years I've seen him be both a lousy recruiter AND ruin kids!

:lol: :cry:
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

The team does seem to get a top five class almost every year but the Jays only have one top five finish in the last decade. Assuming the class rankings aren’t totally inaccurate the results on the field aren’t living up to the talent on the team. Just an observation.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Or the media sucks. IL Rankings? Fake news!

Now, no one go off on a political tangent.

My point is: nothing matters until fresh meat hits the D1 playing surface and proves themselves under far tougher conditions than high school and mommy and daddy.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:08 pm
You love to see it.

To be continued.

They won't be performing at a 2-3 star level ... they will be collecting splinters.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

For those that were there the last 2 weeks: who really grabbed you and made you say, this guy looks like he's improved or this new guy looks like he will be starting for us? Were there clear favorites for kuhns role, in goal, ssdm1, marrs slot, the third close d?
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:39 pm Or the media sucks. IL Rankings? Fake news!

Now, no one go off on a political tangent.

My point is: nothing matters until fresh meat hits the D1 playing surface and proves themselves under far tougher conditions than high school and mommy and daddy.
You can certainly quibble with the IL rankings etc. but Hop gets its share of good players. I don’t think recruiting is their problem. One final four a decade for a top program seems meager.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

stupefied wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:25 am
DMac wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:59 pm Ah but that's what makes the Hop thread so highly entertaining, 16. They do indeed eat their young there, regurgitate 'em, then eat 'em again. It's a bird thing, they do that too.
Not wombatcrazy but still necessitates a flag . DMaC may be PB's uncle
+1 :lol:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:56 pm For those that were there the last 2 weeks: who really grabbed you and made you say, this guy looks like he's improved or this new guy looks like he will be starting for us? Were there clear favorites for kuhns role, in goal, ssdm1, marrs slot, the third close d?
I wouldn't hold your breath on getting answers to any of these questions. The days of several posters attending the scrimmages and then writing up detailed reports for this community appear to be over. Not sure if they died with LaxPower or if it's more of a statement on the status of the Hopkins fan community but either way, no one seems interested in informing the rest of us what they've seen this fall—assuming there are people here who attended the games. There may not actually be any.

From what I've heard through second and third hand sources, the freshmen group of poles and DMs have been pretty impressive. Haven't heard anything about any of the freshmen offensive players other than Murphy. As far as returning players go, all I know is that Cole shaved his head.
TheRealMcCoy

Post by TheRealMcCoy »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:09 am
flalax22 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:47 am I haven’t seen the IL report but I was told that the Jays lost to UPenn and tied Army. Not sure of the accuracy of that. Also heard the Jays did not make it through the day unscathed.
Possible ACL. Not sure who.

Not Joey, so exhale.
Not certain given the picture quality, and didn't archive it, but pretty sure the last IG story @jhumenslax posted after the scrimmages showed one Jack Keogh on crutches at the back of the post-scrimmage huddle.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

TheRealMcCoy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:10 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:09 am
flalax22 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:47 am I haven’t seen the IL report but I was told that the Jays lost to UPenn and tied Army. Not sure of the accuracy of that. Also heard the Jays did not make it through the day unscathed.
Possible ACL. Not sure who.

Not Joey, so exhale.
Not certain given the picture quality, and didn't archive it, but pretty sure the last IG story @jhumenslax posted after the scrimmages showed one Jack Keogh on crutches at the back of the post-scrimmage huddle.
In journalism, I would call that a second source.

Actual diagnosis is still to be confirmed.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”