Religion in America

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Religion in America

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:37 pm
smoova wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:20 pm
CU88 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:16 pm Time to tax the church.
Amen.
Disagree...their outreach, supports far too many people in need, which grossly outweighs the bad parts everyone fusses about.
I think what CU88 means is: shut up with the politics, and follow the rules that grant you non-prof status.

How about we try that, so that taxation isn't an issue?
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:11 pm
Amen.
Disagree...their outreach, supports far too many people in need, which grossly outweighs the bad parts everyone fusses about.
I think what CU88 means is: shut up with the politics, and follow the rules that grant you non-prof status.

That - or just tax everyone. Plenty of non-profits set up for the specific purpose of getting involved in politics. We gotta get the Feds out of the game of playing favorites on taxes. It is a MAJOR source of corruption in our system
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:16 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:11 pm
Amen.

That - or just tax everyone. Plenty of non-profits set up for the specific purpose of getting involved in politics. We gotta get the Feds out of the game of playing favorites on taxes. It is a MAJOR source of corruption in our system
Well, you know my preference....tax everyone. Do churches use roads, bridges, and the fire department, etc? Yes, right?

So.....muck in.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DMac

Post by DMac »

W*T*F, when was the last time you saw this happen?
“Instead of a gulp of fresh air from a lush forest, too many children take a deep breath only to gasp with the toxic air that has irritated their lungs.”
Guess if the preacher says it it's the gospel though, eh?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:32 pm W*T*F, when was the last time you saw this happen?
“Instead of a gulp of fresh air from a lush forest, too many children take a deep breath only to gasp with the toxic air that has irritated their lungs.”
It's hard to be critical when they have been so wrong for so long. :roll: I suspect this effort is partially political to improve their PR in the non-evangelical world that holds these folks in very low regard. They are the most disliked of all religious groups among other religious groups. Some religious groups prefer atheist to these spuds :lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:32 pm W*T*F, when was the last time you saw this happen?
In India little over a decade ago….
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

And Beijing before that. And LA before that. And London before that. And plenty of places right now...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Meet the apostle of right wing Christian nationalism. The fascist William "Dutch" Sheets.

** take note of 6 minute video interview with David French at end of the article.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran- ... cle-716282

I guess there will not be any LGBTQ parades in Tehran anytime soon?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Anyone ready to take the new "pledge"?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234584952/

'Inside the arena, Sheets was soon leading the spirited crowd in a recitation of a new document he co-authored called the “Watchman Decree.” It reads like a Christian nationalist pledge of allegiance.

“As a patriot of faith, I attest my allegiance first and foremost to the Kingdom of God and the Great Commission,” Sheets began. (The “Great Commission” refers to the instruction by the resurrected Jesus to his followers to “make disciples of all nations.”) He then led the crowd in a series of theocratic declarations, including:

“We, the Church, are God’s governing Body on the Earth.”
“We have been given legal power and authority from Heaven.”
“We are … delegated by Him to destroy every attempted advance of the enemy.”

The audience then read aloud, with Sheets, a list of 13 decrees, including that the three branches of U.S. government will “honor God,” “write only laws that are righteous,” and only “issue rulings that are biblical.” The congregation continued, in unison, “We declare that we stand against wokeness, the occult, and every evil attempt against our nation.”

They concluded with Sheets’ trademark spiritual battle cry: “We decree that America shall be saved!”'

If these two fine, upstanding citizens are behind it, it must be a good thing..

"While Sheets isn’t the only proponent of reviving the pine-tree flag, he’s certainly the most prominent. And this coopted symbol of Christian nationalism has been adopted by a host of Republican politicians. Few parade the flag as prominently as Pennsylvania gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano, who often sits in front of the banner during Facebook internet chats."

In the days after Jan 6. — an insurrection Mastriano attended — Mastriano posted the revolutionary symbol on Twitter, without comment."

'"Sheets added, “Our assignment, until He comes, is to bring His kingdom rule into the Earth, so that our region looks like heaven again.” Sheets counseled followers to “divide and conquer,” calling on God to “raise up kingdom warriors who are willing to do whatever it takes to bring forth Your kingdom rule in the Earth.”

That kind of divisive talk ingratiated Sheets to Newt Gingrich, who named Sheets to his “Faith Leaders Coalition” during his 2012 presidential run. "'
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:01 am “We, the Church, are God’s governing Body on the Earth.”
:lol: What F'ing part of the Bible did these Jeezus wannabes get this nonsense from?

Dumbassians 13 4 ?

I don't envy this crew when they show up at the pearly gates to explain their behavior on Earth......
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

From Leave it to Beaver, Season 2, Episode 23

Larry Mondello to Beaver: Boy Beaver, there’s almost as much killing in Sunday School as there is on TV.
DMac

Post by DMac »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:27 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:01 am “We, the Church, are God’s governing Body on the Earth.”
:lol: What F'ing part of the Bible did these Jeezus wannabes get this nonsense from?

Dumbassians 13 4 ?

I don't envy this crew when they show up at the pearly gates to explain their behavior on Earth......
You remember how it all went when the three nuns who got killed in the car accident were at the Pearly Gates, right?
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:56 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:27 pm

Dumbassians 13 4 ?

You remember how it all went when the three nuns who got killed in the car accident were at the Pearly Gates, right?
I 100% do not, but I can't wait to hear.......how did it go down?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Oh, no (I think you'll remember).

Awful car accident, three nuns all get killed. Of course they end up at the Pearly Gates where St. Pete is there to greet them.
He said to the three that he figured they were probably all alright but if there's anything they'd like to confess before going through the Gates, now would be a good time. Sister Catherine then raised her hand and of course St. Pete asked her what it was she wanted to confess. With head down she told him that she had once touched a man's penis with her hand. Pete told her he didn't think that would be a big deal and told her it might be good to cleanse her hands in the Holy Water before passing through the Gates to face her maker. So she did and through the Gates she went. At that point Sister Angelina started heading to the Holy Water and St. Pete looked at her and said, "You too?" Sister Angelina said, "No St. Peter, I was hoping I could gargle in the Holy Water before Sister Mary Ellen sticks her asz in it".

Sorry, that's just too funny.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

We all know the answer...

Stan Van Gundy@realStanVG

Quick question for Christians — who better fit your vision of Jesus, Ron DeSantis who used 50 migrants as pawns to make a political point or the people of Marta’s Vineyard who welcomed them, fed them, clothed them and gave them shelter?

8:19 AM · Sep 16, 2022
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

CU88 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:40 pm This is great!

GOP Jesus:

https://twitter.com/madrid_mike/status/ ... 5135380480
And almost completely true. The perversion of Christianity by the right, and its faux use in political life. Shills.

Return to “POLITICS”