2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:20 pm Uh oh. Tonight Tucker said “this country desperately needs a better class of leaders in charge. These people are ridiculous.” That was by no means an endorsement of Joe Biden, but it is hard to take it any other way than also being a slam on Trump.

When Trump has lost Tucker, can his base be far behind?
.... all of Fox Entertainment has a problem. Tucker is probably the least Trump entangled. Last night I heard a new word for the BS that goes on with the Faux News evening crew (Fox Entertainment) - it is called "Murdochary". He has a problem as well.
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Just saw Kizr Khan (Gold Star Parent) on the tube. He is a HIPAA consultant, his profession. He knows the law, or claims to. He very forcefully claims there is a public health concern exception to HIPAA protections. He claims the docs treating Trump could get themselves cross ways with the law. They need to be careful.

----
PS: He is correct. https://compliancy-group.com/hipaa-publ ... exception/
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Tucker must have had a falling out with Trump. Remember, it was just a year or two ago when Trump invited him to his DMZ meeting with Kim Jong-un? He was the only, or one of the only, western “journalists” (Tucker isn’t a journalist), invited.

Trump and Tucker used to talk on a fairly regular basis. Not Hannity regular, but close. There were even stories that Trump was seeking and following Tucker’s advice. Scary.

He has been critical of Trump, off and on, this year. Not sure if that caused the fallout or if it happened afterwards.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:42 pm Tucker must have had a falling out with Trump. Remember, it was just a year or two ago when Trump invited him to his DMZ meeting with Kim Jong-un? He was the only, or one of the only, western “journalists” (Tucker isn’t a journalist), invited.

Trump and Tucker used to talk on a fairly regular basis. Not Hannity regular, but close. There were even stories that Trump was seeking and following Tucker’s advice. Scary.

He has been critical of Trump, off and on, this year. Not sure if that caused the fallout or if it happened afterwards.
I really think Tucker is cutting his loses. Easier for him than Hannity and Ingraham as well I think.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yeah, probably looking post Trump.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:20 pm Uh oh. Tonight Tucker said “this country desperately needs a better class of leaders in charge. These people are ridiculous.” That was by no means an endorsement of Joe Biden, but it is hard to take it any other way than also being a slam on Trump.

When Trump has lost Tucker, can his base be far behind?
:D ..nice try bill ! You got me to watch. ;)
njbill

Post by njbill »

That’s exactly what he said. I wrote it down verbatim.

Obviously, my editorialization represents my own opinions.

If you disagree with my interpretation, what do you think he meant?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

njbill wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:53 am That’s exactly what he said. I wrote it down verbatim.

It was said in reference to a segment that had NOTHING to do with the President.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Losers and suckers.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:58 am
njbill wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:53 am That’s exactly what he said. I wrote it down verbatim.

It was said in reference to a segment that had NOTHING to do with the President.

A Democrat’s interpretation of what Tucker Carlson had to say on anything is akin to asking a mental patient to interpret Orca sounds.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:27 am

A Democrat’s interpretation of what Tucker Carlson had to say on anything is akin to asking a mental patient to interpret Orca sounds.
Fox said in court that Tucker's show isn't news. Maroon.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peggy Noonan: “It’s not only the past week’s events, not just the polls and their consistency, their upward tick from a lead of 6 or 7 to a lead in some polls of double digits; it’s the data about women and voters over 65.”

“No one will talk about it in public because they’re not idiots. Journalists don’t want to be embarrassed if they’ve got it wrong; Democrats don’t want to encourage complacency; Republicans don’t want to demoralize the troops; and the networks have to keep everyone hopped up on the horse race…”

“But if what a growing number of people are seeing as a real possibility happens, if we are in blowout territory, I think part of the reason won’t be political in any classic sense, or ideological, or having to do with some stupid question about which candidate you want to have a beer with. If Joe Biden wins big, part of the reason, maybe a big part, will be simply that he is normal.”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:54 am

Making the hurdle for Democrats to understand what Tucker says even more impossible than simply a mental patient interpreting Orca sounds...

I'm betting anyone here that foreverlax wasn't aware that this was not the first time this sort of defense had been offered. A $10 million libel lawsuit filed by the owners of One America News Network against MSNBC's top star, Rachel Maddow, was dismissed in May when the judge ruled she had stretched the established facts allowably: "The context of Maddow's statement shows reasonable viewers would consider the contested statement to be opinion."

It's called lawyering 101 and it works for both sides. Your attempt to grasp Carlson's lawyers' defense of him is beneath this board's time.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

According to CNN, "more than 57 million people watched Wednesday’s VP debate across eighteen channels on television. About 37 million people watched the 2016 debate between Pence and Tim Kaine.”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

According to the New York Times, “New polls show Mr. Trump’s support is collapsing nationally, as he alienates women, seniors and suburbanites. He is trailing not just in must-win battlegrounds but according to private G.O.P. surveys, he is repelling independents to the point where Mr. Biden has drawn closer in solidly red states, including Montana, Kansas and Missouri, people briefed on the data said.”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:00 am
foreverlax wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:54 am

Making the hurdle for Democrats to understand what Tucker says even more impossible than simply a mental patient interpreting Orca sounds...

I'm betting anyone here that foreverlax wasn't aware that this was not the first time this sort of defense had been offered. A $10 million libel lawsuit filed by the owners of One America News Network against MSNBC's top star, Rachel Maddow, was dismissed in May when the judge ruled she had stretched the established facts allowably: "The context of Maddow's statement shows reasonable viewers would consider the contested statement to be opinion."

It's called lawyering 101 and it works for both sides. Your attempt to grasp Carlson's lawyers' defense of him is beneath this board's time.
Did her lawyers use that as her defense or was it the judge that came to that conclusion....
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

According to the New York Times, “On Thursday, in a conference call with a group of lobbyists, Mr. McConnell vented that the party’s Senate candidates are being financially overwhelmed because of small-dollar contributions to ActBlue, the online liberal fund-raising hub.”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Peter Brown wrote
Your attempt to grasp Carlson's lawyers' defense of him is beneath this board's time.
Now this is precious. Brownhole telling us someone's post is beneath this board's time is like Cardi B telling Kim K she's got a fat asz.

Return to “POLITICS”