2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by a fan »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:02 pm It is not even the standard "two weeks" they have been using... If you believe they actually have a healthcare system prepared - I have some waterfront land to sell you in the middle of a swamp...
Oh, they just "forgot" to pass it during Trump's first two years with Republican control of Congress.

They're stuck. And I said it waaaaaay back when Obamacare was in the works.

You can't have a free market health care system in a country the size of the US that serves the entire population.

It's impossible. THAT is why every other 1st world nation, without exception, uses their government in some manner to provide care for all citizens.

The minute the Republican voters sit down and realize that? Then we can move forward and actually solve the problem.

It's easy to explain: ask libertarians or anti-government health care nuts why every State, without exception, has public schools. Why do we have that?

Simple: the free market cannot provide this service to the entire population. It's impossible. If it was possible? We'd have had an entirely private education system for the last 100 years.

It's not possible. So what do we do? Pool our resources. THAT makes it possible.

Same thing goes for health care.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:52 am Wouldn’t surprise me if Trump’s statement today that he will not participate in next week’s debate is simply an opening negotiating tactic. He thinks or hopes the commission and Biden will back down. I don’t think they will. Nor should they.

As the candidate who is behind, Trump obviously needs the debate much more than Biden does. So he may end up knuckling.

I wonder if the commission would allow the debate to go forward with just Biden participating.

The obvious, commonsense solution to in person debates is to put them on hold until Trump recovers and is no longer infectious. Given the White House’s spotty history with testing, Trump should be tested by an independent tester and certified to be virus free (and not contagious) before any live debates are scheduled.

Until then, the debates can and should proceed remotely, that is, if Trump’s health permits. The fact that he has not appeared live on TV in a week certainly suggests he is struggling with the illness. It wouldn’t serve his purposes, or the nation’s, to see him gasping for breath throughout a 90 minute debate.
you would think somewhere along the line, they'd get a team of experts to wait on validation of inactive virus... once that happens, schedule a debate day and time. including anyone that's travelling in trump's party (and of course biden's).

but of course we're nowhere on that nationally with testing, so little hope or expectation that anything like that would be forthcoming.

#zoom
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:02 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:54 am
a fan wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:48 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:20 am I’m telling you man, these guys are beyond nervous and they should be. They’re leaning on outmoded polling methodology to boost their confidence, when everyone here knows very few people will admit in any public scenario to a stranger that they’re voting for Trump. Yet when you ask them if ‘their neighbor’ is voting Trump, Trump leads by 9%.

This is gonna be epic.
You're so busy trolling that you haven't noticed that you're the only person here who is vested in the outcome of the Presidential election.

You're out there all by yourself. The rest of us? Don't really care, outside of: it'd be nice to not be a global laughing stock for a while. JHU72 and other biz owners on the board have been busy stuffing our pockets as Trump sticks it to his own base.....a base that's too far gone to notice that Trump hasn't fixed a single thing that affects the bulk of his base.

He didn't change NAFTA to American workers favor, as promised
He didn't fix our trade wars in American workers favor
He didn't fix immigration at all, let alone in American workers favor
Still no infrastructure bill.
Still no free college, or other ways to help the working class and their families
And he didn't repeal and replace Obamacare and insurance rates are still rising. And wait for next year's post-covid rates.
And the judges you crow about? They help guys like you and other 1%ers and corporate interests. They don't do doodly for the working class.

So while you're focusing every ounce of your energy on "winning"----you have zero understanding of what that actually means.

So yep, Trump might win the election. And American workers will slide further down the global economic ladder. But yep, they sure "showed the libs in the big cities". Ever hear of a Pyrrhic victory?
I saw enough of the debate to see Pence mention healthcare reform that he and Trump will roll out when re-elected.
It is not even the standard "two weeks" they have been using... If you believe they actually have a healthcare system prepared - I have some waterfront land to sell you in the middle of a swamp...
At least Trump - Pence didn't say that you can keep your doctor.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

This case, along with at least one other voting case, is now before the Iowa Supreme Court. Not too confident how that Republican controlled court will rule.

In any event, this may end up being much ado about nothing. Surely the secretary of state’s ruling invalidating the absentee ballot applications in the three counties has gotten a huge amount of publicity locally. It would seem to be a simple proposition for the affected voters to submit a new request. Print out the online form, fill it out, and either mail it in or drop it off. The deadline is still more than two weeks away.

https://sos.iowa.gov/elections/election ... email.html

Plus, my reading is that the ruling only applies to ballot applications sent out by the counties with pre-printed information. It would not apply if the voter, himself or herself, filled out and submitted the application. I have no idea how what percentage of the voters would be in that category.

And if all else fails, you could still go vote in person.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Kismet wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:01 pm Detroit Free Press this AM

"The FBI thwarted what they described as a plot to violently overthrow the government and kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and federal prosecutors are expected to discuss the alleged conspiracy later Thursday."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 922301002/
I guess they didn’t get the word to “stand by.”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Ironic detail on the Zoom debate.

The vote of the debate commission to go remote was unanimous and wasn't negotiated with the candidates. FYI, ND's Fr. John Jenkins is one of the debate commission board members.

Maskless Jenkins got infected at the ACB WH event and he has been getting roasted by the ND community ever since. He barely won a faculty senate vote of no confidence 21-20 the other day. Rightly so, since ND is operating under extremely strict Covid protocols in order to stay open. In fact, Jenkins had ND withdraw as the site for the first debate due to Covid concerns.

Feel a bit bad for the guy. He of course should have been at the event -- having an ND Law grad and professor nominated to SCOTUS is a very big deal. But, like so many others, he effed up by trusting DOPUS.

Trump corrupts everything that he touches.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:38 pm This case, along with at least one other voting case, is now before the Iowa Supreme Court. Not too confident how that Republican controlled court will rule.

In any event, this may end up being much ado about nothing. Surely the secretary of state’s ruling invalidating the absentee ballot applications in the three counties has gotten a huge amount of publicity locally. It would seem to be a simple proposition for the affected voters to submit a new request. Print out the online form, fill it out, and either mail it in or drop it off. The deadline is still more than two weeks away.

https://sos.iowa.gov/elections/election ... email.html

Plus, my reading is that the ruling only applies to ballot applications sent out by the counties with pre-printed information. It would not apply if the voter, himself or herself, filled out and submitted the application. I have no idea how what percentage of the voters would be in that category.
from at least 3 counties, that totals well over 100k. then, you have to notify all of them they need to request again and not use the preprints they have. a small percentage missed is a swing.

the solution of online, even in more urban areas, probably ends up missing the mark with some also.

then it's gotta be get out, fill, and return. given their missteps on the timeline already, not a good situation for democrats. especially local and congressional.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

New England Journal of Medicine calls for the defeat by the voters of Donald Trump. Like Scientific American last month, the first time they have ever taken a position in a Presidential Election.

MAGA
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:43 pm Ironic detail on the Zoom debate.

The vote of the debate commission to go remote was unanimous and wasn't negotiated with the candidates. FYI, ND's Fr. John Jenkins is one of the debate commission board members.

Maskless Jenkins got infected at the ACB WH event and he has been getting roasted by the ND community ever since. He barely won a faculty senate vote of no confidence 21-20 the other day. Rightly so, since ND is operating under extremely strict Covid protocols in order to stay open. In fact, Jenkins had ND withdraw as the site for the first debate due to Covid concerns.

Feel a bit bad for the guy. He of course should have been at the event -- having an ND Law grad and professor nominated to SCOTUS is a very big deal. But, like so many others, he effed up by trusting DOPUS.

Trump corrupts everything that he touches.
he made his choices. live by the sword.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:20 am I’m telling you man, these guys are beyond nervous and they should be. They’re leaning on outmoded polling methodology to boost their confidence, when everyone here knows very few people will admit in any public scenario to a stranger that they’re voting for Trump. Yet when you ask them if ‘their neighbor’ is voting Trump, Trump leads by 9%.

This is gonna be epic.
You're so busy trolling that you haven't noticed that you're the only person here who is vested in the outcome of the Presidential election.

You're out there all by yourself. The rest of us? Don't really care, outside of: it'd be nice to not be a global laughing stock for a while. JHU72 and other biz owners on the board have been busy stuffing our pockets as Trump sticks it to his own base.....a base that's too far gone to notice that Trump hasn't fixed a single thing that affects the bulk of his base.

Still no free college, or other ways to help the working class and their families
And he didn't repeal and replace Obamacare and insurance rates are still rising. And wait for next year's post-covid rates.
And the judges you crow about? They help guys like you and other 1%ers and corporate interests. They don't do doodly for the working class.

So while you're focusing every ounce of your energy on "winning"----you have zero understanding of what that actually means.

So yep, Trump might win the election. And American workers will slide further down the global economic ladder. But yep, they sure "showed the libs in the big cities". Ever hear of a Pyrrhic victory?

I'm "the only one" here invested in the outcome of the POTUS election? :lol: :lol: :lol:

TDS seems to be a very common virus that has infected no less than 90% of the posters here!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:47 pm New England Journal of Medicine calls for the defeat by the voters of Donald Trump. Like Scientific American last month, the first time they have ever taken a position in a Presidential Election.

MAGA

The likelihood of any one of these guys being a conservative rests somewhere near 0 to -10%....
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

President Trump's campaign says it had a ticket for Wednesday night's vice presidential debate reserved for Tupac Shakur, since Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) recently referred to him as her favorite rapper alive.

"We left a ticket for Tupac Shakur," Trump's senior campaign adviser Jason Miller reportedly told press on a call Wednesday previewing the debate between Vice President Pence and Harris in Salt Lake City.

"I'm personally more of a Biggie fan," Miller quipped, according to reports, but if Shakur is still alive, "we will have a ticket for Tupac."

Shakur, who used the stage name 2Pac, was killed in 1996 at 25.
njbill

Post by njbill »

In terms of blame, the primary culprit is the Secretary of State. Sounds like he was overreaching. But, yes, the counties probably should not have flouted his order without a judicial ruling saying they could do so.

I think this is all a pretty easy fix. If you live in one of the counties and got a pre-printed ballot, you simply go online, print the form out, fill it in, and mail it back. It’s really not a problem of notice because you got the pre-printed ballot which you now know has been invalidated.

Or, as I said, go vote in person on election day. You will know you need to do that when you don’t get your absentee ballot in the mail.

Yes, at least some of these counties are more Democratic than Republican, but at the end of the day, who knows whether this will help or hurt Trump. They sent these pre-printed applications out to all registered voters, as I understand it. How many of them, regardless of party, wouldn’t end up voting anyway?

I would guess a Democratic voter would be more likely to be aware of the problem and take the necessary corrective steps then would a Republican voter who might simply sit around waiting for their absentee ballot to come in the mail. And then the deadline may pass.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:48 pm I'm "the only one" here invested in the outcome of the POTUS election? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You still don't get it: no one wins this November, Pete. Wake up.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:48 pm I'm "the only one" here invested in the outcome of the POTUS election? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Finally we're on the same page.

Democrats want to create enough chaos and confusion to force the election into the house.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:12 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:02 pm It is not even the standard "two weeks" they have been using... If you believe they actually have a healthcare system prepared - I have some waterfront land to sell you in the middle of a swamp...
Oh, they just "forgot" to pass it during Trump's first two years with Republican control of Congress.

They're stuck. And I said it waaaaaay back when Obamacare was in the works.

You can't have a free market health care system in a country the size of the US that serves the entire population.

It's impossible. THAT is why every other 1st world nation, without exception, uses their government in some manner to provide care for all citizens.

The minute the Republican voters sit down and realize that? Then we can move forward and actually solve the problem.

It's easy to explain: ask libertarians or anti-government health care nuts why every State, without exception, has public schools. Why do we have that?

Simple: the free market cannot provide this service to the entire population. It's impossible. If it was possible? We'd have had an entirely private education system for the last 100 years.

It's not possible. So what do we do? Pool our resources. THAT makes it possible.

Same thing goes for health care.
"You can't have a free market health care system in a country the size of the US that serves the entire population.

It's impossible. THAT is why every other 1st world nation, without exception, uses their government in some manner to provide care for all citizens."

That is a pretty bold statement from the guy who rags on here all the time about all those Americans sucking off the teet of medicare. I guess that will give you a brand new venue to rag on. ;) All them there Americans sucking off of the teet of free healthcare. You seriously think this collection of dumb f***s that run this country are capable of creating a nationwide healthcare system for 320 million plus people in this country. What were you tasting this morning? I would like a couple of bottles. Do some math and calculate the cost. I know you will tell me we save big bucks from what we pay now on the free market. A country of largely employed people of 10 million can do single payer. A country of 320 million with perhaps less than 50% of the population employed and paying taxes could at best do it half ass. You have confidence in these nitwits that I will never have. If your dream ever comes true I only ask one favor of you don't ever come on this forum ragging on how f***ed up it is. It will be FUBAR beyond your wildest imagination. My experience in "free medical care" introduced me to the worst system in the country, courtesy of the US Army. It was free, it was also horrible. :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:33 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:02 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:54 am

This is gonna be epic.

I saw enough of the debate to see Pence mention healthcare reform that he and Trump will roll out when re-elected.
It is not even the standard "two weeks" they have been using... If you believe they actually have a healthcare system prepared - I have some waterfront land to sell you in the middle of a swamp...
At least Trump - Pence didn't say that you can keep your doctor.
They never even promise that any of us could keep our job let alone our doctor. :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Well there you have it. Mike Lee admits the republiCONS have no interest in democracy.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:02 pm
I win, I get to officially retire this July. I can just park a lawn chair out front, pour a cold beer have my dog sit next to me and watch the cluster f**k parade as it passes by. I have heard there will be clowns and balloons. Maybe the next generation coming up can sort out this mess their parents gave them?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:22 pm Well there you have it. Mike Lee admits the republiCONS have no interest in democracy.
That now makes them.... DEMOCRATS!!! kindred spirits both :D

Return to “POLITICS”