2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by njbill »

CNN poll: Harris won 59-38%.

Make up of respondents: 38% D, 33% I, 29% R.

So one read is Joe won I’s 21-9%, with I guess 3% calling it a tie.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/big-tech ... 23645.html

Talk about the dems biting the hand that feeds them. That's gratitude for all the money these corporate giants have shoveled into the democrat party. The dems may bend em over and ride em dirty. :lol:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Here's the Deal.

IMPOTUS o d needs to gain positive ground with voters, not lose voters, just maintaining his 43% Approval rating is going to give Biden Harris the EC win in November.

That can still happen, but it is not happening now. The clock keeps ticking to Election Day, and voters are already voting.

When they finally release their October Surprise, it might be too little and too late...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU88 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:55 am Here's the Deal.

IMPOTUS o d needs to gain positive ground with voters, not lose voters, just maintaining his 43% Approval rating is going to give Biden Harris the EC win in November.

That can still happen, but it is not happening now. The clock keeps ticking to Election Day, and voters are already voting.

When they finally release their October Surprise, it might be too little and too late...

Democrats are in for such an epic letdown 11-4 I’m not certain there will be any coming back.

What I can say is most of them will no longer trust their neighbor.

Strap up, fellas.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

You know the Dem lost when a Wapo columnist admits it and even says Kamala facial expressions were a repellent to normal Americans. Megan McArdle nails it. Kamala is simply unlikable. Why do Democrats continually put up their least likable people? Or are they all unlikable?

Compare Hilary and Kamala to Kirsti Noem and Nikki Haley: it’s like darkness versus light.

The other tell, in case you missed it, is democrats acting like high school girls about a fly. I’m telling you man, these guys are beyond nervous and they should be. They’re leaning on outmoded polling methodology to boost their confidence, when everyone here knows very few people will admit in any public scenario to a stranger that they’re voting for Trump. Yet when you ask them if ‘their neighbor’ is voting Trump, Trump leads by 9%.

This is gonna be epic.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:20 am You know the Dem lost when a Wapo columnist admits it and even says Kamala facial expressions were a repellent to normal Americans. Megan McArdle nails it. Kamala is simply unlikable. Why do Democrats continually put up their least likable people? Or are they all unlikable?

Compare Hilary and Kamala to Kirsti Noem and Nikki Haley: it’s like darkness versus light.

The other tell, in case you missed it, is democrats acting like high school girls about a fly. I’m telling you man, these guys are beyond nervous and they should be. They’re leaning on outmoded polling methodology to boost their confidence, when everyone here knows very few people will admit in any public scenario to a stranger that they’re voting for Trump. Yet when you ask them if ‘their neighbor’ is voting Trump, Trump leads by 9%.

This is gonna be epic.
This troll is truly pathetic. Can’t keep his stories straight. It’s laughable. Comments that Trumpists aren’t willing to admit they’re voting for Trump while posting photos and bragging about the size of boat parades.

Every time he types the FL university system cringes.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:35 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:20 am You know the Dem lost when a Wapo columnist admits it and even says Kamala facial expressions were a repellent to normal Americans. Megan McArdle nails it. Kamala is simply unlikable. Why do Democrats continually put up their least likable people? Or are they all unlikable?

This is gonna be epic.
This troll is truly pathetic. Can’t keep his stories straight. It’s laughable. Comments that Trumpists aren’t willing to admit they’re voting for Trump while posting photos and bragging about the size of boat parades.

Every time he types the FL university system cringes.

Look at these lib clowns who can't bother to read how their own media say Kamala lost:

I wish people would stop explaining every meh debate performance by a woman as a function of gender. Yes, there are challenges, but Elizabeth Warren is a good debater! Not all women are great debaters being held back by their sex--some of us, like some men, are just bad debaters.

Mike Pence is actually a good debater--full of nonsense, but a good debater. And you didn't see him over there rolling his eyes and doing exaggerated high-school-theatrical "this is my disdainful face" mugging. Harris' X chromosomes did not force her to do that.

Nor did Harris' gender force her to leave points on the table. She left them on the table because she couldn't think of a good response quick enough.

Stop grading us on a curve. We can make the grade.

Like I say, "EPIC".

Can not wait!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

njbill wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:03 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:56 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:39 pm The Pence Fly and Tupac are the headliners of this one.
no one's talking about it... how did the fly get around the plexiglass?
The fly did say on his or her Twitter account that he or she was tested for Covid. But I don’t believe the fly was wearing a mask.
The crazy part is the fly's Twitter account was created in Sept 2020! It was premeditated!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Mike Pence’s Debate Performance Bugged Me Out
He’s numb to pests large and small.

By Frank Bruni
Opinion Columnist
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/08/opin ... e=Homepage

Bruni on fire:
We need to talk about that fly.

It was a fly, wasn’t it? If not, it was a bug doing an ace interpretation of a fly, and about two-thirds of the way through the debate in Salt Lake City on Wednesday night, it took up residence in Vice President Mike Pence’s hair, a smudge of black against a shock of white, where it lingered for a few minutes before undoubtedly realizing that there was warmer, more demonstrably human real estate to be had.

Off it flew, and on Pence droned. He never exhibited any awareness — not the subtlest glance upward, not the slightest flinch or twitch — that his head had been colonized. I first found this strange and then realized it was everything. Pence’s years of obsequiousness to Donald Trump had beaten all sensitivity and capacity for revulsion out of him.

How could he be expected to register or exile an itty-bitty pest when he routinely puts up with a great big one? That fly was some crazy combo of metaphor, visitation and karmic joke.

At this point, Pence is the poster boy for unflappability, an automaton of reflexive kudos for Trump in the key of smarmy. He’s bloodless. He’s ice. Add that constipated half-smile of his and he’s weirdly riveting.

Advertisement
Continue reading the main story
Frank Bruni’s Newsletter: Get a more personal take on politics, newsmakers and more with Frank’s exclusive commentary every week.

Fortunately for Joe Biden and Democrats in general, Senator Kamala Harris is plenty steely herself, while also exhibiting a discernible pulse. I think she had a very good night. She was too scripted, yes, and painfully evasive when it came to a question about whether Biden would or should pack the Supreme Court.

Refer someone to The Times.

They’ll enjoy our special rate of $1 a week.

But she pushed back forcefully whenever Pence tried to paint her and Biden as radical leftists. She kept returning to the subject of Covid-19. She repeatedly reminded Americans of the Trump administration’s sustained effort to abolish Obamacare, at one point staring directly into the camera to explain what that means.

“If you have a pre-existing condition — heart disease, diabetes, breast cancer — they’re coming for you,” she said. “If you love someone who has a pre-existing condition, they’re coming for you. If you are under the age of 26 on your parents’ coverage, they’re coming for you.”

She assailed Trump’s character on all the right fronts and with all the right passion, so that Pence’s assurances of the president’s integrity seemed as pallid as the rest of him. Was Pence marble or man? The bug, I’m confident, shared my bafflement.
Editors’ Picks
A Black Belgian Student Saw a White Fraternity as His Ticket. It Was His Death.
Buried in Salt, These Potatoes Are a Joy to Eat
She Craved Salt and Felt Nauseated for Months. What Was Wrong?

Advertisement

And his evasions were the rival of hers. He never did offer any explanation of how the United States ended up the world leader in recorded deaths related to the coronavirus. He instead tried to suggest that Harris, in calling out the country’s failures on that score, was insulting Americans.

No, Vice President Pence. She was insulting you and your boss.

It was a memorable debate even apart from the insect. (Now there’s a sentence I never imagined writing.) It was historic: Harris is the first woman of color on the presidential ticket of one of America’s two major parties. Her status as a trailblazer was openly acknowledged, and it informed — and gave extra force to — her disapproval of Pence when he wouldn’t acknowledge implicit racial bias in policing.

She and Pence were separated not only by 12 feet but by plexiglass shields, which called to mind sneeze guards, conjured thoughts of salad bars and prompted me to wonder which ingredient each of the candidates represented. (I’m going with cottage cheese for Pence.)

The Pence camp had resisted these droplet dams — which, truth be told, many public health experts said were of questionable use — but given how freely the coronavirus had been permitted to rampage through the White House, the Harris camp would have been justified in demanding that Pence debate from the inside of a giant Ziploc bag.
(there's more...)
njbill

Post by njbill »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:09 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:39 pm The Pence Fly and Tupac are the headliners of this one.
The fly did say on his or her Twitter account that he or she was tested for Covid. But I don’t believe the fly was wearing a mask.
The crazy part is the fly's Twitter account was created in Sept 2020! It was premeditated!
Good catch. That is weird. Maybe these flies are smarter than we give them credit for being.
Bart

Post by Bart »

njbill wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:17 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:09 am
Good catch. That is weird. Maybe these flies are smarter than we give them credit for being.
Everyone deserves their 5 minutes of fame....MD’s, PhD’s and now this fly. Who’s next?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

There is no guarantee of a patriotic victory next month as tRUMP and his Republican gang are scheming to steal votes:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:11 am
Mike Pence’s Debate Performance Bugged Me Out
He’s numb to pests large and small.

By Frank Bruni
Opinion Columnist
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/08/opin ... e=Homepage

Bruni on fire:
We need to talk about that fly.

It was a fly, wasn’t it? If not, it was a bug doing an ace interpretation of a fly, and about two-thirds of the way through the debate in Salt Lake City on Wednesday night, it took up residence in Vice President Mike Pence’s hair, a smudge of black against a shock of white, where it lingered for a few minutes before undoubtedly realizing that there was warmer, more demonstrably human real estate to be had.

Off it flew, and on Pence droned ...

Lost in all these discussions is the fact that flies are naturally attracted to shtttttt. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

True.
The Biden/Harris Campaign needs to run through the finish line hard and be prepared for court fights as they come.

Fortunately, Trump appears to be imploding, so there's now a far better chance than 60 days ago that this will be a landslide outcome obviating much of the nonsense.

The country will be far more likely to heal if the outcome is clear and obvious within the week, if not more swiftly, hopefully. But there's no guarantee of landslide.

And that means running through the finish line...warnings like this serving the purpose of keeping it front of mind as to such necessity.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:20 am I’m telling you man, these guys are beyond nervous and they should be. They’re leaning on outmoded polling methodology to boost their confidence, when everyone here knows very few people will admit in any public scenario to a stranger that they’re voting for Trump. Yet when you ask them if ‘their neighbor’ is voting Trump, Trump leads by 9%.

This is gonna be epic.
You're so busy trolling that you haven't noticed that you're the only person here who is vested in the outcome of the Presidential election.

You're out there all by yourself. The rest of us? Don't really care, outside of: it'd be nice to not be a global laughing stock for a while. JHU72 and other biz owners on the board have been busy stuffing our pockets as Trump sticks it to his own base.....a base that's too far gone to notice that Trump hasn't fixed a single thing that affects the bulk of his base.

He didn't change NAFTA to American workers favor, as promised
He didn't fix our trade wars in American workers favor
He didn't fix immigration at all, let alone in American workers favor
Still no infrastructure bill.
Still no free college, or other ways to help the working class and their families
And he didn't repeal and replace Obamacare and insurance rates are still rising. And wait for next year's post-covid rates.
And the judges you crow about? They help guys like you and other 1%ers and corporate interests. They don't do doodly for the working class.

So while you're focusing every ounce of your energy on "winning"----you have zero understanding of what that actually means.

So yep, Trump might win the election. And American workers will slide further down the global economic ladder. But yep, they sure "showed the libs in the big cities". Ever hear of a Pyrrhic victory?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Wouldn’t surprise me if Trump’s statement today that he will not participate in next week’s debate is simply an opening negotiating tactic. He thinks or hopes the commission and Biden will back down. I don’t think they will. Nor should they.

As the candidate who is behind, Trump obviously needs the debate much more than Biden does. So he may end up knuckling.

I wonder if the commission would allow the debate to go forward with just Biden participating.

The obvious, commonsense solution to in person debates is to put them on hold until Trump recovers and is no longer infectious. Given the White House’s spotty history with testing, Trump should be tested by an independent tester and certified to be virus free (and not contagious) before any live debates are scheduled.

Until then, the debates can and should proceed remotely, that is, if Trump’s health permits. The fact that he has not appeared live on TV in a week certainly suggests he is struggling with the illness. It wouldn’t serve his purposes, or the nation’s, to see him gasping for breath throughout a 90 minute debate.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:48 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:20 am I’m telling you man, these guys are beyond nervous and they should be. They’re leaning on outmoded polling methodology to boost their confidence, when everyone here knows very few people will admit in any public scenario to a stranger that they’re voting for Trump. Yet when you ask them if ‘their neighbor’ is voting Trump, Trump leads by 9%.

This is gonna be epic.
You're so busy trolling that you haven't noticed that you're the only person here who is vested in the outcome of the Presidential election.

You're out there all by yourself. The rest of us? Don't really care, outside of: it'd be nice to not be a global laughing stock for a while. JHU72 and other biz owners on the board have been busy stuffing our pockets as Trump sticks it to his own base.....a base that's too far gone to notice that Trump hasn't fixed a single thing that affects the bulk of his base.

Still no free college, or other ways to help the working class and their families
And he didn't repeal and replace Obamacare and insurance rates are still rising. And wait for next year's post-covid rates.
And the judges you crow about? They help guys like you and other 1%ers and corporate interests. They don't do doodly for the working class.

So while you're focusing every ounce of your energy on "winning"----you have zero understanding of what that actually means.

So yep, Trump might win the election. And American workers will slide further down the global economic ladder. But yep, they sure "showed the libs in the big cities". Ever hear of a Pyrrhic victory?
I saw enough of the debate to see Pence mention healthcare reform that he and Trump will roll out when re-elected.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Detroit Free Press this AM

"The FBI thwarted what they described as a plot to violently overthrow the government and kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and federal prosecutors are expected to discuss the alleged conspiracy later Thursday."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 922301002/

and while we're at it

Trump’s comments today regarding ‘miracles coming down from God’ rely on fetal tissue from abortions. :P :P :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:54 am
a fan wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:48 am

This is gonna be epic.

I saw enough of the debate to see Pence mention healthcare reform that he and Trump will roll out when re-elected.
It is not even the standard "two weeks" they have been using... If you believe they actually have a healthcare system prepared - I have some waterfront land to sell you in the middle of a swamp...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:39 am

There is no guarantee of a patriotic victory next month as tRUMP and his Republican gang are scheming to steal votes:
strategically, it looks like the democrats flubbed this one.

now, they have to spend probably decent coin (which they probably have), and scramble (with time they don't have).

Return to “POLITICS”