All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:26 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:08 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:50 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:42 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:28 am
OCanada wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:59 am Ah ignorance raises its hand. Trump knew in January about the issue. Trump classified information action and would not let it be released rather than inform the public like every other nation. Trump turned down WHO. Trump gutted the team designed to manage this very thing. Trump took money from CDC. Trump wants to cut the CDC budget for the next fiscal year. Trump forbid the CDC from telling people over 60 not to fly. Trump is still classifying information the public should have. People are going to die because the mfer is incompetent. Nothing good to say about anyone defending him at this point either
Message received.
re: Trump gutted the team designed to manage this very thing. Trump took money from CDC.
The president’s budget proposals have consistently called for reduced funding for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, but Congress hasn’t enacted those cuts. Some Democrats have correctly said Trump “tried” to implement such cuts, while others wrongly claimed he “slashed funding of the CDC” or “cut the funding,”

Trump classified information action and would not let it be released rather than inform the public like every other nation.
“So let me clarify,” Fauci said. “I have never been muzzled ever, and I’ve been doing this since the administration of Ronald Reagan. I’m not being muzzled by this administration. What happened — which was misinterpreted — is that we were set up to go on some shows, and when the vice president took over, we said, ‘Let’s regroup and figure out how we’re going to be communicating.’ So I had to just stand down on a couple of shows and resubmit for clearance. And when I resubmitted for clearance, I got cleared. So I have not been muzzled at all.

re Trump forbids the CDC from telling people over 60 not to fly

NEW YORK — The White House overruled health officials who wanted to recommend that elderly and physically fragile Americans be advised not to fly on commercial airlines because of the new coronavirus, a federal official told The Associated Press.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention submitted the plan as a way of trying to control the virus, but White House officials ordered the air travel recommendation be removed, said the official who had direct knowledge of the plan. Trump administration officials have since suggested certain people should consider not traveling, but have stopped short of the stronger guidance sought by the CDC.

The person who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity did not have authorization to talk about the matter. The person did not have direct knowledge about why the decision to kill the language was made or who made the call.

re:People are going to die because the mfer is incompetent.

Totally unsubstantiated claim. Just like you've all been making for 4 years
“As he warned that the worst is yet to come for the coronavirus outbreak in the US, the nation's top infectious-diseases expert told House lawmakers it would be nice if President Donald Trump hadn't eliminated the National Security Council's global-health unit.

"We worked very well with that office. It would be nice if the office was still there," Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said during a House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing on Wednesday.”
🤡
The Washington Post reported that former National Security Adviser John Bolton dissolved the NSC’s Office of Global Health Security and Biodefense in May 2018 in a reorganization effort. That’s when Rear Adm. R. Timothy Ziemer, who was senior director of the office, left his post. He was not replaced.

Just because Ziemer’s position was discontinued does not mean everyone who was part of the team was fired or that all of the functions of the directorate ceased. According to reporting by the Atlantic and the Washington Post, some team members were shifted to other groups, and others took over some of Ziemer’s duties. An NSC spokesman at the time said that the administration “remains committed to global health, global health security and biodefense, and will continue to address these issues with the same resolve under the new structure.”
When we cut our leveraged lending unit during the last crisis unit, some of the guys were still around a few years later.... we weren’t doing deals but they were still around with substantially less capacity. Fauci was wrong. 6ft is right.

🤡
OK dipstick

One more time—in 2009 1,000 people had already died and the media was praising Barack Obama. 12-17 thousand more people died over the next 6 months—Still praise for Obama. Nothing canceled of shut down.

40 people now dead and Trumps a buffoon, totally incompetent and incapable of handling the problem.

Shove the clowncar in your clown car garage.
Obama was President of Italy too?
🤡

“The coronavirus outbreak is more severe than the 2009 outbreak of H1N1, or swine flu. That illness infected between 700 million and 1.4 billion people worldwide but only had a mortality rate of 0.02%.”

You do the math....if 1 billion people get COVID-19 and the mortality rate is 2.5%, how many people will die?

🤡🤡
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:04 pm The roller coaster of fear is subsiding today, it seems.
Dow is currently up 200. For now.
If the above doesn't happend by EOD, the markets will be unsettled over the weekend. Makes for an ugly market Monday.

The algorithms wont go in to the weekend "long", even with some considerable clarity from Trump.

If it doesn't happend by Monday morning, I'd expect more downside volatility.

Some of my 1% buddy's that are in the business are buyers for themselves....none are suggesting they are sellers for clients. Only a few retail margin issues.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

6ft' has been all over these threads.....where's Bandito? Fatty? :?
old salt

Post by old salt »

OCanada wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:41 am Doc, Ocanada never defended Epstein in any way.
Neither did OS. He defended Acosta, when he was made the political scapegoat.

The usual dishonest guilt by association & inference.
Typical Lax Dad

foreverlax wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:43 pm 6ft' has been all over these threads.....where's Bandito? Fatty? :?
I am worried about Fatty. I noticed a few weeks ago he had not been posting. I wondered if he had taken ill as he had not participated in any lacrosse threads. Noticeably absent from the Hopkins thread.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:43 pm
OCanada wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:41 am Doc, Ocanada never defended Epstein in any way.

You indicated that Epstein’s behavior was old news and he had turned over a new leaf and people were going after him because of Trump.

🤡
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

WaPo is reporting Barr, Ivanka and other US officials met with an Australian official who has been found to be positive for CV days after the meeting.

Something strange going on with the JHU COVID-19 site. It is now underreporting confirmed case by some 500 cases and deaths by 9 or 10. All other counts seem correct (other countries). The Manchester University site is counting US cases correctly.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Ohio and Michigan have closed all K-12 schools....those schools must really want to make Trump look bad.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:45 pm

You indicated that Epstein’s behavior was old news and he had turned over a new leaf and people were going after him because of Trump.

🤡
That's dishonest BS. I pointed out that Acosta was the only official at any level of any govt who convicted Epstein of anything, got any punishment for him, got him on the sex offender registry & did anything to curtail his criminal behavior.

You still haven't shown that Epstein abused anyone under the age of consent subsequent to the guilty plea which Acosta obtained.
Many powerful people enabled Epstein's sick deviancy. Acosta at least took him on, got some results & curbed the criminal portion of his malevolent behavior.

Acosta was just the political scalp that was needed in a lame attempt to deflect Epstein's stink onto Trump.
The same sleazy, dishonest "guilt by association" tactic used by you, Doc, OC & too many others in this forum.
Last edited by old salt on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:00 pm

🤡
That's dishonest BS. I pointed out that Acosta was the only official at any level of any govt who convicted Epstein of anything, got any punishment for him, got him on the sex offender registry & did anything to curtail his criminal behavior.

You still haven't shown that Epstein abused anyone under the age of consent subsequent to the guilty plea which Acosta obtained.
Many powerful people enabled Epstein's sick deviancy. Acosta at least took him on, got some results & curbed the criminal portion of his malevolent behavior.

Acosta was just the political scalp that was needed in a lame attempt to deflect Epstein's stink onto Trump.
The same sleazy, dishonest "guilt by association" used by you, Doc, OC & too many others in this forum.
Stop. You have no credibility.

🤡
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:32 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:26 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:08 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:50 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:42 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:28 am
OCanada wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:59 am Ah ignorance raises its hand. Trump knew in January about the issue. Trump classified information action and would not let it be released rather than inform the public like every other nation. Trump turned down WHO. Trump gutted the team designed to manage this very thing. Trump took money from CDC. Trump wants to cut the CDC budget for the next fiscal year. Trump forbid the CDC from telling people over 60 not to fly. Trump is still classifying information the public should have. People are going to die because the mfer is incompetent. Nothing good to say about anyone defending him at this point either
Message received.
re: Trump gutted the team designed to manage this very thing. Trump took money from CDC.
The president’s budget proposals have consistently called for reduced funding for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, but Congress hasn’t enacted those cuts. Some Democrats have correctly said Trump “tried” to implement such cuts, while others wrongly claimed he “slashed funding of the CDC” or “cut the funding,”

Trump classified information action and would not let it be released rather than inform the public like every other nation.
“So let me clarify,” Fauci said. “I have never been muzzled ever, and I’ve been doing this since the administration of Ronald Reagan. I’m not being muzzled by this administration. What happened — which was misinterpreted — is that we were set up to go on some shows, and when the vice president took over, we said, ‘Let’s regroup and figure out how we’re going to be communicating.’ So I had to just stand down on a couple of shows and resubmit for clearance. And when I resubmitted for clearance, I got cleared. So I have not been muzzled at all.

re Trump forbids the CDC from telling people over 60 not to fly

NEW YORK — The White House overruled health officials who wanted to recommend that elderly and physically fragile Americans be advised not to fly on commercial airlines because of the new coronavirus, a federal official told The Associated Press.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention submitted the plan as a way of trying to control the virus, but White House officials ordered the air travel recommendation be removed, said the official who had direct knowledge of the plan. Trump administration officials have since suggested certain people should consider not traveling, but have stopped short of the stronger guidance sought by the CDC.

The person who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity did not have authorization to talk about the matter. The person did not have direct knowledge about why the decision to kill the language was made or who made the call.

re:People are going to die because the mfer is incompetent.

Totally unsubstantiated claim. Just like you've all been making for 4 years
“As he warned that the worst is yet to come for the coronavirus outbreak in the US, the nation's top infectious-diseases expert told House lawmakers it would be nice if President Donald Trump hadn't eliminated the National Security Council's global-health unit.

"We worked very well with that office. It would be nice if the office was still there," Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said during a House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing on Wednesday.”
🤡
The Washington Post reported that former National Security Adviser John Bolton dissolved the NSC’s Office of Global Health Security and Biodefense in May 2018 in a reorganization effort. That’s when Rear Adm. R. Timothy Ziemer, who was senior director of the office, left his post. He was not replaced.

Just because Ziemer’s position was discontinued does not mean everyone who was part of the team was fired or that all of the functions of the directorate ceased. According to reporting by the Atlantic and the Washington Post, some team members were shifted to other groups, and others took over some of Ziemer’s duties. An NSC spokesman at the time said that the administration “remains committed to global health, global health security and biodefense, and will continue to address these issues with the same resolve under the new structure.”
When we cut our leveraged lending unit during the last crisis unit, some of the guys were still around a few years later.... we weren’t doing deals but they were still around with substantially less capacity. Fauci was wrong. 6ft is right.

🤡
OK dipstick

One more time—in 2009 1,000 people had already died and the media was praising Barack Obama. 12-17 thousand more people died over the next 6 months—Still praise for Obama. Nothing canceled of shut down.

40 people now dead and Trumps a buffoon, totally incompetent and incapable of handling the problem.

Shove the clowncar in your clown car garage.
Obama was President of Italy too?
🤡

“The coronavirus outbreak is more severe than the 2009 outbreak of H1N1, or swine flu. That illness infected between 700 million and 1.4 billion people worldwide but only had a mortality rate of 0.02%.”

You do the math....if 1 billion people get COVID-19 and the mortality rate is 2.5%, how many people will die?

🤡🤡
So What? 12-18 thousand people died in 2009. The severity of the virus is irrelevant The point is Obama recieved no criticism at anytime time during the epidemic.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:56 pm Ohio and Michigan have closed all K-12 schools....those schools must really want to make Trump look bad.
The Morman Church has announced they are suspending all services worldwide -- because they want to make Trump look bad.

Damn Mitt Romney!
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:00 pm

🤡

The same sleazy, dishonest "guilt by association" used by you, Doc, OC & too many others in this forum.

🤡
Right. After Acosta was offered up, the focus on Slick Willie went away & randy Andy left the Royal Family, ducked below the tabloid radar & dodged the FBI. Now that Epstein's gone, so is the search for his enablers & playmates. Acosta took the fall.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:00 pm

🤡

🤡
Right. After Acosta was offered up, the focus on Slick Willie went away & randy Andy left the Royal Family, ducked below the tabloid radar & dodged the FBI. Now that Epstein's gone, so is the search for his enablers & playmates. Acosta took the fall.
Thanks. I know I am.
🤡
youthathletics

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:45 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:24 am From a good authority,,,,

Be prepared as you can be....a decision to lock everything down, like Italy, is approaching.

Also...one man with virus gives us his feedback on symptoms: https://www.nbcnews.com/video/coronavir ... IY2wpjRj6E
Yep. I think folks here are trying to get ahead of what Italy ultimately had to do. If a general lockdown across the country for a period of time interrupts the spread all of us will be thanking the people who make or have made those decisions.

Some good news this AM
Here it comes: https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/trump ... 31686.html

Drop your coc%s and grab your socks....time to get shopping.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:44 pm

Be prepared as you can be....a decision to lock everything down, like Italy, is approaching.

Also...one man with virus gives us his feedback on symptoms: https://www.nbcnews.com/video/coronavir ... IY2wpjRj6E
Yep. I think folks here are trying to get ahead of what Italy ultimately had to do. If a general lockdown across the country for a period of time interrupts the spread all of us will be thanking the people who make or have made those decisions.

Some good news this AM

The border wall was a real national emergency.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:51 pm

Some good news this AM

So safe borders—right now in the midst of this coronavirus panic—safe borders are a joke to you,
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:51 pm

Some good news this AM

Stop trolling....it is embarrassing.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The first thing is that it’s false to claim “Joe Biden was in charge of the H1N1 Swine Flu epidemic.” Obama never put Biden in charge of the response, as Trump has done with Vice President Pence.
The second is that the claim that “actually nothing was done for a long period of time” is wrong, and the claim that Obama didn’t declare a national health emergency is very misleading. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on April 24, 2009, declared that the containment of swine flu in the United States was “not very likely.” Two days later, on April 26, the Obama administration declared a public health emergency, before any American had been killed by the swine flu — the same step Trump has now taken. A couple days later, Obama asked for and received billions of dollars from Congress to deal with the swine flu.
Obama didn’t declare a more drastic national health emergency until six months later, but Trump hasn’t done that either. And that brings up the other key point here: The reason for the less drastic initial response was because the swine flu was significantly less dangerous than today’s coronavirus.
While it’s true that more than 1,000 people had died and 20,000 had been hospitalized by the time Obama declared a national health emergency, the fact that those number occurred over the course of six months is telling. The spread of the disease was much slower and the mortality rate was much lower than it is today. At the current rate, the United States would hit 20,000 cases in a matter of weeks, not six months. What’s more, the swine flu had a mortality rate of 0.02 percent — about one-50th of the lowest rate health officials are citing for the coronavirus today (1 percent).
AD

The last point is that the idea that the Obama administration’s response was a disaster isn’t borne out, either in the data or in public opinion. While 12,000 Americans did die of swine flu, that’s less than the annual numbers for the seasonal flu that Trump is fond of citing. Whether that’s an applicable comparison is for people to decide, but it’s notable that while Trump uses it with the novel coronavirus, he doesn’t use it on the swine flu. The swine flu infected lots of people — 60 million Americans — but it didn’t post anywhere near the threat to life that the novel coronavirus does.
And if Obama’s (or Biden’s) response was such a disaster, that certainly would have been news to the American people of 2009. At the start of the outbreak when Obama declared the public health emergency, 66 percent approved of the federal government’s handling of the situation, according to Gallup, while just 16 percent disapproved. Public reaction to the response was very seldom polled in the months that followed (which perhaps reflects the fact that there was really no such outcry). But around the time Obama declared the later national health emergency in October (when more than 1,000 people had died), a Washington Post-ABC News poll showed 69 percent remained confident in the federal government’s response, and a CNN/Opinion Research poll showed fully 57 percent approved of Obama’s handling of the response.
In contrast, a Quinnipiac University poll this week showed just 43 percent approve of Trump’s early handling of the coronavirus response. Trump cites a 78 percent approval rating, but it’s not clear at all where he’s getting that number from. (A Gallup poll did show 77 percent were confident in the broader government’s ability to respond, but that wasn’t about Trump, and it was from a month ago, when the disease had barely spread.)

From the WaPo or you can check any of the fact checkers. Trump has lied 17,000 times since taking office. Some people are there greater fools and a danger to the population
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Curious....anyone have he breakdown on stats of US deaths....age, etc? Seems awfully odd that Washington State has 31 of the 33 deaths in the entire US according to --> https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar ... 7b48e9ecf6
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”