JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by foreverlax »

tech37 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:41 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:40 am
tech37 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:35 am And if you haven't yet figured it out, it's way too simple blaming Trump alone, especially when it's based on hate.
I don't 'hate' Trump, just the corruption, the dishonesty, the racism, the misogyny.
:lol: OK mdlax...whatever you say.
The same percentage of folks that hated BHO, hate Trump...Trump is a skid mark, but I have no reason to hate him.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:28 pm I'd say it's safe to say that we'll never see a whistleblower again.

Trump is practically BEGGING for anyone sitting on even trivial classified dirt on Trump to install a permanent open line to the Times and the WaPo.

"Like every American, I deserve to meet my accuser, especially when this accuser, the so-called 'Whistleblower,' represented a perfect conversation with a foreign leader in a totally inaccurate and fraudulent way," Trump tweeted before taking aim at House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff who confirmed earlier Sunday there is a tentative agreement for the whistleblower to testify before his committee.
Hold your horses.....Brennan is reminding everyone to be a whistleblower. Just read his Twitter timeline.

@JohnBrennan
Sep 28
A reminder to federal officials:

There is no limit on the number of individuals who can use the whistleblower statute.

If you think you were involved in unlawful activity as a result of a directive from Mr. Trump or someone doing his bidding, now is the time to report it.

Things like this are tearing us apart.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yep. I told you. I told you what would happen when the DNI doesn't follow the rules. And this is made that much worse because Trump is threatening the WB.

Anything bad that anyone can find on Trump will now go straight to the press. Ignore the WB act at your own peril.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:16 am This entire issue is about as clear as mud
It's being intentionally muddied by Trump and his fans.

It's simple. Trump, and his lawyer, admitted to asking the Ukrainian President to investigate a political rival who is running for President in 2020.

That's either ok with you, or it isn't.

The rest of the WB stuff and investigation surrounds secondary accusations like coverups and the like. I agree with you that that part is muddy, and we need more information.....lots more...before we can figure that out. Agree completely.

But the main, important allegation has been conceding by Trump. There is no mud.

YouthAthletics is ok with what Trump admitted. He's the only poster, so far, that is.

I'd like your position on the matter. Is it ok with you, or not?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:09 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:16 am This entire issue is about as clear as mud

It's simple. Trump, and his lawyer, admitted to asking the Ukrainian President to investigate (look into) a (past US VP) political rival who (was the VP for 8 years and coincidentally) is running for President in 2020.
I fixed it for you..... ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:05 pm

It's simple. Trump, and his lawyer, admitted to asking the Ukrainian President to investigate (look into) a (past US VP) political rival who (was the VP for 8 years and coincidentally) is running for President in 2020.
Have said before - I'd bet a Trump get indicted before a Clinton....or a Biden.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:12 pm

Might very well happen, Trump is frazzled right now and if the r's start falling...he'll certainly come unglued. But when I sit back and look at this from a thousand foot view....I honestly believe his time here has revealed how eff'd up our internal gov't and agencies behave and how greedy for power they are. The direct lies that come out of their mouths w/o even the slightest facial tell that they are lying burns me up.

I will say, in the end, what it proves, is that a two party system will surely keep each other in check....to the point where nothing gets done, other than their members getting more wealthy.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:24 pm

Might very well happen, Trump is frazzled right now and if the r's start falling...he'll certainly come unglued. But when I sit back and look at this from a thousand foot view....I honestly believe his time here has revealed how eff'd up our internal gov't and agencies behave and how greedy for power they are. The direct lies that come out of their mouths w/o even the slightest facial tell that they are lying burns me up.

I will say, in the end, what it proves, is that a two party system will surely keep each other in check....to the point where nothing gets done, other than their members getting more wealthy.
OUTSTANDING... the post of the year youth. No one else is even close. How true that we get the government we deserve. The best politicians that money can buy.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

You think it's a coincidence that Biden is running for President? Ok. Trump is our new law and order President who is outraged by corruption halfway around the world. And instead of asking him to make sure sure Americans aren't part of the corruption, he instead, just asks about Joe Biden.

You and I have very different world views, I'll leave it at that. ;)
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:24 pm

My disgust with the .01%...and all that they control, leaves me in complete agreement with your post.

None of the these clowns have to adhere to the same rules as the rest of us and it sure feels like there isn't a single thing we can do about it.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:31 pm

You think it's a coincidence that Biden is running for President?

Hmmmm.....are you suggesting Biden is running solely to set up Trump and be the cheese to catch that rat? Or was that an unintended understanding of your statement.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:46 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:31 pm

You think it's a coincidence that Biden is running for President?

Hmmmm.....are you suggesting Biden is running solely to set up Trump and be the cheese to catch that rat? Or was that an unintended understanding of your statement.
Is that a serious question, YA? You are really working hard here.
a fan

Post by a fan »

The intent of my sentence, YA, is that you're going out of your way to give Trump a pass for corruption.

Understand what you're supporting. If this doesn't get him impeached, it is open season on political enemies.

FoxNation is telling everyone how corrupt the Ukraine is, yes? How hard is it to fabricate Ukrainian business documents in an environment like that?

"Hey, look here. "Evidence" of Hunter doing bad stuff."

What Trump is asking is crazy corrupt on its face.

Remember how upset everyone was over Fusion GPS? Picture how happy you would have been if we had a wiretap of Hillary calling Putin and asking for him to investigate Trump, and boom, Putin hands him the Steele Report.

You think that's ok, too?

I don't.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:00 pm The intent of my sentence, YA, is that you're going out of your way to give Trump a pass for corruption.

Understand what you're supporting. If this doesn't get him impeached, it is open season on political enemies.

FoxNation is telling everyone how corrupt the Ukraine is, yes? How hard is it to fabricate Ukrainian business documents in an environment like that?

Remember how upset everyone was over Fusion GPS? Picture how happy you would have been if we had a wiretap of Hillary calling Putin and asking for him to investigate Trump, and boom, Putin hands him the Steele Report.

I don't.
This sequence of events all started with Russian collusion by whom? the left, that who, when in fact, it may have started in the last administrationby whom? the left, thats who....and you are giving the Bidens' at a minimum of all the players, a pass. If turnabout is not fair play, well then I understand why your stance is so dug in only on this recent Trump phone call.
~Livy
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

It just keeps getting worse...

Pompeo was in on the Trump Zelensky phone call:

https://t.co/LRkiyaLzXQ

And Trump pressured Australia to assist Barr in figuring out the Mueller investigation origins:

https://t.co/SvMcGefNtD
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Pompeo was on the shakedown call? He’s known all along? According to senior State Department staff.
Last edited by Trinity on Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:24 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:00 pm The intent of my sentence, YA, is that you're going out of your way to give Trump a pass for corruption.

I don't.
This sequence of events all started with Russian collusion by whom? the left, that who, when in fact, it may have started in the last administrationby whom? the left, thats who....and you are giving the Bidens' at a minimum of all the players, a pass. If turnabout is not fair play, well then I understand why your stance is so dug in only on this recent Trump phone call.
What is that line from triple R... "they are all the same" true dat
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:24 pm by whom? the left, thats who....and you are giving the Bidens' at a minimum of all the players, a pass. If turnabout is not fair play, well then I understand why your stance is so dug in only on this recent Trump phone call.
So the idea here, is you think the way you can "get back at Biden and the libs", by letting Trump corrupt the office of the President, and not pay any price.

Explain to me how you think this fixes these problems?

And you didn't answer my question. You're ok with Hillary calling Putin, asking him to "investigate" Trump before last election?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:45 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:24 pm by whom? the left, thats who....and you are giving the Bidens' at a minimum of all the players, a pass. If turnabout is not fair play, well then I understand why your stance is so dug in only on this recent Trump phone call.
So the idea here, is you think the way you can "get back at Biden and the libs", is by letting Trump corrupt the office of the President.

Explain to me how you think this fixes these problems?
I do not believe trump has corrupted the office...remember, so try not to conflate the issue by adding qualifiers.

You fix problems by getting to their cores....and if we (the r’s) investigate the last admin for reasons equivalent to what they claimed the r’s did and find a smoking gun.....then we got to the core.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

How in heaven's name can you think that what Biden did was illegal, yet what Trump did was legal?

There is nothing illegal about Hunter getting a puff job in Ukraine. I wish it was illegal, but it's not. It's unethical, just as it is for Ivanka to "work" for the Federal government. In addition, you already told me Ukraine is a corrupt country. How can you trust any information/"evidence" they give us? You can't.

What Trump did is an entirely different issue, and has absolutely no parallels to what Hunter Biden did.

So I ask again, would you be ok if Hillary asked Putin to "investigate" Trump during the last election. After all, there were "reports" of Trump's corruption ,right? So would you be ok with Hillary, or heck, Obama to make the analogy better, asking Putin to investigate Trump?

Return to “POLITICS”