Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: IMPEACHMENT ... If not now, WHEN?

Post by njbill »

Old salt, you may not know whether it was Flynn’s or Kislyak’s phone that was tapped — well, yes you do — but Flynn’s lawyers certainly know. So why haven’t they raised any issue about it? I’ll tell you why. Because it was Kislyak’s phone and there was nothing improper about the tap.

I have to say, you must be related to Flynn. There can be no other reasonable explanation for your constant assertions of “ambush” and entrapment. If he was entrapped, why didn’t either team of lawyers raise that defense?

The ambush argument has been refuted so many times, it’s not like yesterday’s news, but more like last century’s news. To recap. Again. Flynn knew his call with Kislyak was tapped. He had been hired to be the friggin’ National Security Advisor. Of course he knew the call was monitored. Flynn was told in advance of the Jan. 24, 2017 meeting that the FBI agents wanted to talk to him about the call. IN ADVANCE. Flynn far out ranked the FBI agents in the government hierarchy and, thus, was able to set the date, time, and place for the meeting. The meeting was held in the comfy confines of its own office. He was asked whether he wanted a lawyer present. Hmm. When the FBI wants to meet with you and asks if you want a lawyer, that might be a teeny tiny tip-off, don’t you think? Flynn could have declined to meet. He could have declined to discuss the call. He could have had a lawyer present. And, oh yeah, he could have told the truth.

The guy is guilty. He testified under oath in federal court that he is guilty. Sure, his new lawyer is trying a Hail Mary pass. We will see how that ends up. Probably like most Hail Mary passes, falling harmlessly to the ground.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:52 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:29 pm And the the scary part....the top echelon in the FBI did the very thing they are accusing Trump of. Using Russia propaganda to facilitate and deceive the American people to influence people and an election...past and present.
You and old salt have spent the last several months to tell us this is 100% appropriate.

Why are you both still complaining? You should both be thrilled that the government was and is doing their job.
They might have been doing their job, had they not been leaking to the media. This fiasco illustrates how low the bar is to open a counter-intel investigation. That's not a bad thing, It needs to be done. Who knows how many are opened & closed without us ever learning about them. That's a good thing. No leaks, nobody slimed, no lawyers needed, no harm, no foul.

This one was different, It was apparent that this one was rotten from the start because of the volume of fake news leaked bombshells which propelled it (as Taibbi calls out his peers). I told you as it was happening. How many times did I play the Farkas video, soliciting leaks, or post Eli Lake's "Flynn appetizer/Trump entree" article. I called this stuff out to you, as it was happening, & you just waved it off, as "everbody leaks." ...not like this they don't. I told you this thing was rotten from the start & you tried to turn it around on me, just like you're trying to now.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:16 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:52 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:29 pm And the the scary part....the top echelon in the FBI did the very thing they are accusing Trump of. Using Russia propaganda to facilitate and deceive the American people to influence people and an election...past and present.
You and old salt have spent the last several months to tell us this is 100% appropriate.

Why are you both still complaining? You should both be thrilled that the government was and is doing their job.
They might have been doing their job, had they not been leaking to the media. This fiasco illustrates how low the bar is to open a counter-intel investigation. That's not a bad thing, It needs to be done. Who knows how many are opened & closed without us ever learning about them. That's a good thing. No leaks, nobody slimed, no lawyers needed, no harm, no foul.

This one was different, It was apparent that this one was rotten from the start because of the volume of fake news leaked bombshells which propelled it (as Taibbi calls out his peers). I told you as it was happening. How many times did I play the Farkas video, soliciting leaks, or post Eli Lake's "Flynn appetizer/Trump entree" article. I called this stuff out to you, as it was happening, & you just waved it off, as "everbody leaks." ...not like this they don't. I told you this thing was rotten from the start & you tried to turn it around on me, just like you're trying to now.
Horowitz said this was a rotten investigation? or are you mischaracterizing your opinion as fact....again?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:16 pm This one was different, It was apparent that this one was rotten from the start because of the volume of fake news leaked bombshells which propelled it (as Taibbi calls out his peers). I told you as it was happening. How many times did I play the Farkas video, soliciting leaks, or post Eli Lake's "Flynn appetizer/Trump entree" article. I called this stuff out to you, as it was happening, & you just waved it off, as "everbody leaks." ...not like this they don't.
First of all, everyone does leak. But if you want to say they're leaking more, great. That leads to WHO is leaking.

You keep insisting it's Trump haters. I keep telling you it's Trump's own people. Scratch that. Trump's own people keep telling you that that are leaking about his behavior, and that they are ignoring Trump's erratic, nonsensical orders. The Deep State is working with Trump in person, face to face.

You don't want to hear this, and I don't know why. Bolton, Tillerson. All of them telling you the score when they're canned.

But I'm glad you've once again pulled your foot off the gas pedal, and admitted our people were doing the job we pay them to do, and would have cleared Trump if he had stopped lying all the time, and simply let Comey clear him.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:16 pm "Flynn appetizer/Trump entree" article.
More tin foil hat nonsense. DC LOVES Trump. LOVES him.

Notice they just added Billions more to defense spending today? Did you see the bill? Billions spent across the board in a pork barrel festival. The idea that DC insiders and lobbyists want to get rid of the Trump spending spree is l-a-u-g-h-a-b-l-e.

Is the beltway richer or poorer under Trump? Come on. It's not even a close call.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:36 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:16 pm "Flynn appetizer/Trump entree" article.

Notice they just added Billions more to defense spending today? Did you see the bill? Billions spent across the board in a pork barrel festival. The idea that DC insiders and lobbyists want to get rid of the Trump spending spree is l-a-u-g-h-a-b-l-e.

Is the beltway richer or poorer under Trump? Come on. It's not even a close call.
Like I said, he will sign a breast if you put it on his desk.
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:01 pm Old salt, you may not know whether it was Flynn’s or Kislyak’s phone that was tapped — well, yes you do — but Flynn’s lawyers certainly know. So why haven’t they raised any issue about it? I’ll tell you why. Because it was Kislyak’s phone and there was nothing improper about the tap.

I have to say, you must be related to Flynn. There can be no other reasonable explanation for your constant assertions of “ambush” and entrapment. If he was entrapped, why didn’t either team of lawyers raise that defense?

The ambush argument has been refuted so many times, it’s not like yesterday’s news, but more like last century’s news. To recap. Again. Flynn knew his call with Kislyak was tapped. He had been hired to be the friggin’ National Security Advisor. Of course he knew the call was monitored. Flynn was told in advance of the Jan. 24, 2017 meeting that the FBI agents wanted to talk to him about the call. IN ADVANCE. Flynn far out ranked the FBI agents in the government hierarchy and, thus, was able to set the date, time, and place for the meeting. The meeting was held in the comfy confines of its own office. He was asked whether he wanted a lawyer present. Hmm. When the FBI wants to meet with you and asks if you want a lawyer, that might be a teeny tiny tip-off, don’t you think? Flynn could have declined to meet. He could have declined to discuss the call. He could have had a lawyer present. And, oh yeah, he could have told the truth.

The guy is guilty. He testified under oath in federal court that he is guilty. Sure, his new lawyer is trying a Hail Mary pass. We will see how that ends up. Probably like most Hail Mary passes, falling harmlessly to the ground.
The IG report says Page was the only FISA warrant target. Obviously the Flynn call was intercepted -- the contents of the call were leaked to the WP (a felony, btw).

Flynn was not told that he was a target (just like when he was a target in the campaign defensive briefing). He made the mistake of trusting McCabe, who told him it was an opportunity to clear things up re the Kislyak call. The interview was not recorded. The only record was Strzok's & the other agents notes. How credible does that look now ? Flynn was a target from the time he joined the Trump campaign. He was a target back to his time as DIA in 2014, when DNI Clapper ran him out of that job early & Halper slimed him with a bogus honey trap story. The IC ran Flynn out of govt service in 2014 because he wanted a modus vivendi working relationship with Russia (during the BHO/HRC reset phase), He rattled too many DC IC rice bowls by bringing his transformative JSOC battlefield experiences to DIA HQ. He was a threat to the IC status quo & could not be allowed back into the govt. I don't know if you were following the LP WC in 2016, but when Flynn joined the Trump campaign, I warned we were about to see the civil war within the IC break out in the open-- it did & Horowitz just gave us the initial BDA.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:40 pm

Totally off topic. Another irrelevant diversion.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:45 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:40 pm

Totally off topic. Another irrelevant diversion.
You ain’t the moderator. The guy signed off on more spending.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Pretend you believe all that nonsense about Flynn being targeted, old salt.

All Flynn has to do was: not lie about a phone call he KNEW was being recorded.

Or, even easier, not answer the doggone questions.

Problem solved. "Targeting" avoided. Flynn still has a job for a few months before Trump gets sick of him.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:33 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:16 pm This one was different, It was apparent that this one was rotten from the start because of the volume of fake news leaked bombshells which propelled it (as Taibbi calls out his peers). I told you as it was happening. How many times did I play the Farkas video, soliciting leaks, or post Eli Lake's "Flynn appetizer/Trump entree" article. I called this stuff out to you, as it was happening, & you just waved it off, as "everbody leaks." ...not like this they don't.
First of all, everyone does leak. But if you want to say they're leaking more, great. That leads to WHO is leaking.

You keep insisting it's Trump haters. I keep telling you it's Trump's own people. Scratch that. Trump's own people keep telling you that that are leaking about his behavior, and that they are ignoring Trump's erratic, nonsensical orders. The Deep State is working with Trump in person, face to face.

You don't want to hear this, and I don't know why. Bolton, Tillerson. All of them telling you the score when they're canned.

But I'm glad you've once again pulled your foot off the gas pedal, and admitted our people were doing the job we pay them to do, and would have cleared Trump if he had stopped lying all the time, and simply let Comey clear him.
You're dreaming. Comey, McCabe & company were convinced that Trump was compromised by the Russians (just like the TDS audience here).
They would never have stopped. Horowitz shows what they were willing to do. He already nailed McCabe for leakinh during MYE.

How many targets of FBI counter-intel investigations were leaked before this one, or even the existence of a counter-intel investigation ?
Did you even know the difference between a FBI conter-intel investigation & a FBI criminal investigation, before this one ?
This was hardly the first counter-intel investigation. The number of leaks are an indicator of how rotten it was.

On Flynn -- both Comey & McCabe testified to the House Intel Comm that agents Strzok & Pietka had concluded that Flynn had not intentionally lied to them in the interview. It was only later, when he was unemployed, facing bankruptcy & mounting legal bills & the threat of investigation & prosecution of his son, that he agreed to co-operate & plead to the lowest possible charge. The FARA related charges against his business partners fell apart & his new legal team has uncovered several irregularities in his prosecution, which are delaying his sentencing.

My theory -- Flynn lied to Pence to give Trump plausible deniability re. the contents of his call & outreach to Kislyak, which, while legal -- would have been politically damaging.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:10 pm You're dreaming. Comey, McCabe & company were convinced that Trump was compromised by the Russians (just like the TDS audience here).
You've got two instances now that you can't explain away.

1st is the Trump Tower meeting with a Russian spy. How do we know valuable intel was not passed in that meeting? We don't. All we have is Kush's and Co's word for it. Kush seems like a stand up guy, right?

2nd is now the Parnas getting money from Putin, and giving some to Giuliani. Whoops.

You can tap dance all you want, but 20 years ago? Impeachment on the spot. It's LAUGHABLE that Republicans in Congress would not demand Kush be kept 1,000 miles away from any government post.

But there he is in Saudi Arabia. Doing the "people's business",without clearance. After telling us he took a meeting with a Russian Spy.

Neat-o.

You'd rather have Kushner doing the people's business than Comey. I don't get it.

I'll never understand why you keep defending Trump's nonsense.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:10 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:33 pm

You're dreaming. Comey, McCabe & company were convinced that Trump was compromised by the Russians (just like the TDS audience here).
They would never have stopped. Horowitz shows what they were willing to do. He already nailed McCabe for leakinh during MYE.

How many targets of FBI counter-intel investigations were leaked before this one, or even the existence of a counter-intel investigation ?
Did you even know the difference between a FBI conter-intel investigation & a FBI criminal investigation, before this one ?
This was hardly the first counter-intel investigation. The number of leaks are an indicator of how rotten it was.

On Flynn -- both Comey & McCabe testified to the House Intel Comm that agents Strzok & Pietka had concluded that Flynn had not intentionally lied to them in the interview. It was only later, when he was unemployed, facing bankruptcy & mounting legal bills & the threat of investigation & prosecution of his son, that he agreed to co-operate & plead to the lowest possible charge. The FARA related charges against his business partners fell apart & his new legal team has uncovered several irregularities in his prosecution, which are delaying his sentencing.

My theory -- Flynn lied to Pence to give Trump plausible deniability re. the contents of his call & outreach to Kislyak, which, while legal -- would have been politically damaging.
My theory is that Flynn is a liar. You can proof it too.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:25 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:10 pm You're dreaming. Comey, McCabe & company were convinced that Trump was compromised by the Russians (just like the TDS audience here).
You've got two instances now that you can't explain away.

1st is the Trump Tower meeting with a Russian spy. How do we know valuable intel was not passed in that meeting? We don't. All we have is Kush's and Co's word for it. Kush seems like a stand up guy, right?

2nd is now the Parnas getting money from Putin, and giving some to Giuliani. Whoops.

You can tap dance all you want, but 20 years ago? Impeachment on the spot. It's LAUGHABLE that Republicans in Congress would not demand Kush be kept 1,000 miles away from any government post.

But there he is in Saudi Arabia. Doing the "people's business",without clearance. After telling us he took a meeting with a Russian Spy.

Neat-o.

You'd rather have Kushner doing the people's business than Comey. I don't get it.

I'll never understand why you keep defending Trump's nonsense.
...& you still have no proof that anything untoward or illegal transpired in the highly visible Trump Tower mtg.
What was the valuable intel that was passed ? You can't even make any rational speculation on that.
Your Russian spy lady was a Fusion GPS client who met with Glenn Simpson the day before & day after the Trump Tower mtg.
Coincidence ?

I told you I'm waiting to learn more about Parnas & see where the scent on the money trail leads.
You're awfully quick to follow the scent from Vicky Ward's seat cushion.
How reliable has Michael Cohen been ?
I'm not defending Kushner -- you're projecting.
So far, he hasn't screwed anything up like Comey has.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:43 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:01 pm Old salt, you may not know whether it was Flynn’s or Kislyak’s phone that was tapped — well, yes you do — but Flynn’s lawyers certainly know. So why haven’t they raised any issue about it? I’ll tell you why. Because it was Kislyak’s phone and there was nothing improper about the tap.

The IG report says Page was the only FISA warrant target. Obviously the Flynn call was intercepted -- the contents of the call were leaked to the WP (a felony, btw).

Flynn was not told that he was a target (just like when he was a target in the campaign defensive briefing). He made the mistake of trusting McCabe, who told him it was an opportunity to clear things up re the Kislyak call. The interview was not recorded. The only record was Strzok's & the other agents notes. How credible does that look now ? Flynn was a target from the time he joined the Trump campaign. He was a target back to his time as DIA in 2014, when DNI Clapper ran him out of that job early & Halper slimed him with a bogus honey trap story. The IC ran Flynn out of govt service in 2014 because he wanted a modus vivendi working relationship with Russia (during the BHO/HRC reset phase), He rattled too many DC IC rice bowls by bringing his transformative JSOC battlefield experiences to DIA HQ. He was a threat to the IC status quo & could not be allowed back into the govt. I don't know if you were following the LP WC in 2016, but when Flynn joined the Trump campaign, I warned we were about to see the civil war within the IC break out in the open-- it did & Horowitz just gave us the initial BDA.
Kislyak’s phone was tapped as part of general operating procedures to tap his calls, not the crossfire hurricane investigation. Thus, it was outside Horowitz’ purview.

Leaking is as old as the hills. George Washington complained about it. You don’t like it when it gores the ox of someone or some side you favor. You like it when the reverse is true. That’s just human nature. If the leak is illegal, and the leaker gets caught, then the leaker gets punished. All leakers understand that. I suspect my view of leaking is different than yours. I think leaking is an essential component to our democracy. Sure, you don’t leak the date, time, and place of the D-Day invasion, but leaking the fact that Flynn was engaging in improper conversations with the Russian ambassador is appropriate in my view. Why hasn’t anyone been charged with a crime?

Flynn wasn’t told he was a target because he wasn’t a target, either when he received the campaign briefing or in January 2017. To be a target, the government must conclude there is substantial evidence the person has committed a crime. Flynn didn’t commit a crime until he lied to the FBI in the January 24 phone call.

Well, McCabe was right. It was an opportunity to clear things up regarding his call with Kislyak. He didn’t avail himself of that opportunity. Frankly, to this day, I don’t understand why he would lie to the agents when he knew the call had been recorded. Makes no sense to me. Either don’t discuss the call or tell the truth.

How credible do the agents notes look? Well, I guess credible enough for Flynn to agree with the substance of what they jotted down. Otherwise, why would he have pled guilty?

And, by the way Comey did not say the agents didn’t think Flynn lied. He said the agents said Flynn didn’t appear to be lying (no physical manifestations of lying). Huge difference. In other words, Flynn had a good poker face.

Yes, there were policy disagreements, but Flynn was an example of the Peter Principle in operation. He was a good soldier, but as he got to the highest levels of the military and then the intelligence community, where communicating and working with others and where having political skills were essential, he fell short. He didn’t play well with others so he got the axe.

I joined LaxPower in 2003 or 2004, late in the Ye Olde Phorum days, but only glanced at the water cooler on rare occasions until a few years ago when I started reading (and occasionally posting) more regularly. Sorry, but I don’t recall much specific content from you or anyone else from 2016.
old salt

Post by old salt »

More on why Obama & Clapper were out to get Flynn.
They didn't like what he told them about Afghanistan.
https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-fl ... rt-2019-12

Flynn was a disruptor, like Trump.
It made him a brilliant wafighting intel officer.
He didn't know how to play the DC game.
Unlike Trump, he wasn't elected. He was expendable.

Flynn's prosecutors couldn't even keep straight which agent wrote which Form 302.
Murky timeline on their origin & chain of custody
Comey laughed in an interview about how he set up Flynn.
...let's see who gets the last laugh.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:37 pm ...& you still have no proof that anything untoward or illegal transpired in the highly visible Trump Tower mtg.
:lol: I don't.....I just.....I mean.....

What the firetruck are you talking about? So the top advisors of the soon to be President take a meeting with a Russian spy.....and I don't have proof that anything untoward happened? I just.....I mean....wow.

This is your team? These are the guys you're going to put your life on the line to defend?

They signaled to any and all corrupt leaders in the world that they are morally compromised, old salt. Yawping "we're open for corrupt business!!!" from the rooftop of the world.

If that doesn't bother you, I have no Earthly idea what you thought you were defending all those years. Frankly I think I respect you more for knowingly defending these wankers.
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:37 pm What was the valuable intel that was passed ? You can't even make any rational speculation on that.
No, I can't. I made fun of this fact when FoxNation claimed Obama was "spying" on Trump's campaign. What "intel" would they get?

Not really the point.
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:37 pm Your Russian spy lady was a Fusion GPS client who met with Glenn Simpson the day before & day after the Trump Tower mtg.
Coincidence ?
Nope. Getting the picture now? Putin mucking with all of it. Not real difficult to figure it out. How does he get away with it? TrumpFans like you say "this is no big deal", and Hillary fans say "what's wrong with opposition research".......and Putin gets to do whatever he wants, with DC partisans waving him through. Because with partisans it's party first, country second.

See, here's the thing. America got rid of Hillary. They are on to her schtick, and voted her off the island. Guess what that means?

That means that 1. the libs hold the high ground. They'd rather sit at home than vote for Hillary. Pretty impressive, actually.

and 2. You don't get to say "whatabouthillary", because Hillary paid her price for her sins. Meanwhile, Trump is rewarded for his sins by folks like you who keep defending what he does.

Stop doing that. Please.
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:37 pm I told you I'm waiting to learn more about Parnas & see where the scent on the money trail leads.You're awfully quick to follow the scent from Vicky Ward's seat cushion.
I'm doing no such thing. I'm going from a single source: the US Attorney who confirmed both the $1million from Putin hitting Parnas' wife's account, and the $500K payment from Parnas to Giuliani. I don't care about the other white noise.

This is serious sh*t for those of us who haven't just given up on America altogether.
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:37 pm I'm not defending Kushner -- you're projecting.
Show me where you said it's an outrage that you can meet with a Russian spy who promises political dirtt one day, and hold government clearances the next. What the F happened to your party that you would ever let that infant anywhere near our foreign policy?
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:37 pm So far, he hasn't screwed anything up like Comey has.
Like you know that? You have no clue what he's out there doing. Remember how surprised you were to find out"US policy" is for Ukraine to join NATO? Right? Now add in a boob like Kushner operating in the most corrupt and dangerous part of the world. It's why I keep saying we won't learn about the damage for 10 years, when all the books come out.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:09 pm Flynn was a disruptor, like Trump.

Flynn's prosecutors couldn't even keep straight which agent wrote which Form 302.
So what? Did Flynn lie to Pence and the American people, or not?

You're po'ed at the FBI, and that's fine. But all he had to do is not answer questions, or tell the truth. Both are honorable paths.

He took another path, old salt.
old salt

Post by old salt »

I wasn't surprised that it's US policy that Ukraine will join NATO -- because it's not.

I was pointing out how presumptuous it is for Dr Hill & LCOL Vindman to imply that it is.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:24 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:09 pm Flynn was a disruptor, like Trump.

So what? Did Flynn lie to Pence and the American people, or not?

You're po'ed at the FBI, and that's fine. But all he had to do is not answer questions, or tell the truth. Both are honorable paths.

He took another path, old salt.
I don't know what transpired between Flynn, Pence & Trump, & why.
I told you my theory, but it's just a hunch. I think Flynn fell on his sword so Trump wouldn't have to take the heat for getting Putin not to react to the sanctions. Better to blame it on Flynn that admit Trump told Putin he'd back off on sanctions.
I told you at the time that it was a mistake for Pence to even acknowledge a call based on a felonious leak of classified sources & methods.
Flynn didn't address the American people (that was his predecessors gig).

Return to “POLITICS”