All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:35 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:12 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:08 pm Abortion was initially considered an issue for Catholics, not evangelicals.

And what do you think "intact 2 parent families" is code for? Race.
Facts, not code words. You presume to speak for millions of people of faith.

Do you really think that people who oppose unrestricred abortion, or see the value in promoting intact 2 parent families, are motivated by race.

If that were the case, they'd celebrate abortion as a useful tool in limiting the size of the black population, & the high % of single parent households as an effective tool in limiting black upward mobility.
Read the article, these are facts I'm citing.
An historical reality that is quite uncomfortable, I know.

I definitely don't speak for anyone but myself, much less "millions of people of faith".

As I said, I'm confident that many evangelicals sincerely believe what they believe...based upon what has been preached to them. I have great respect for 'faith' but zippo respect for the con artists who manipulate good people using their basest instincts.

The political merging with the pulpit has been massively successful enriching con artists and grifters, both for direct profit or for power. Often both.

But let's note, there are large groups of evangelicals, and I'm not just talking about black evangelicals in America, who reject the extremism and exclusion being promulgated by the "conservative" grifters. They care about these issues too, just way differently.
Millions of people are young enough not to have been influenced by the history in that article.

Tech advances, showing life in the womb, have had a huge influence.
Yes, that became the new strategy in the past decade for "crisis pregnancy centers" purposely erected near "abortion clinics", with the goal (expressed in writing in the manuals) to confuse pregnant women looking for an abortion...they pretended to be able to provide an abortion, with all sorts of "counseling" on what would happen, the process, bloody pictures of aborted late stage fetuses. Multiple visits.. But when they discovered that pretending to be an actual medical clinic doing the procedures, everyone dressed medically, and using free sonograms to entice women, they found that they could delay decisions, including past the point of legality...oops. With zero regard for the life or health or emotional wellbeing of the mother...no actual healthcare provided, often no actually trained physicians...just a ruse.

It's a disgusting practice.

https://www.wwno.org/public-health/2023 ... break-bill
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:47 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:08 pm Abortion was initially considered an issue for Catholics, not evangelicals.

Do you really think that people who oppose unrestricred abortion, or see the value in promoting intact 2 parent families, are motivated by race.

If that were the case, they'd celebrate abortion as a useful tool in limiting the size of the black population, & the high % of single parent households as an effective tool in limiting black upward mobility.

I definitely don't speak for anyone but myself, much less "millions of people of faith".

As I said, I'm confident that many evangelicals sincerely believe what they believe...based upon what has been preached to them. I have great respect for 'faith' but zippo respect for the con artists who manipulate good people using their basest instincts.

The political merging with the pulpit has been massively successful enriching con artists and grifters, both for direct profit or for power. Often both.

But let's note, there are large groups of evangelicals, and I'm not just talking about black evangelicals in America, who reject the extremism and exclusion being promulgated by the "conservative" grifters. They care about these issues too, just way differently.
Millions of people are young enough not to have been influenced by the history in that article.

Yes, that became the new strategy in the past decade for "crisis pregnancy centers" purposely erected near "abortion clinics", with the goal (expressed in writing in the manuals) to confuse pregnant women looking for an abortion...they pretended to be able to provide an abortion, with all sorts of "counseling" on what would happen, the process, bloody pictures of aborted late stage fetuses. Multiple visits.. But when they discovered that pretending to be an actual medical clinic doing the procedures, everyone dressed medically, and using free sonograms to entice women, they found that they could delay decisions, including past the point of legality...oops. With zero regard for the life or health or emotional wellbeing of the mother...no actual healthcare provided, often no actually trained physicians...just a ruse.

Tech advances have also influenced people who are not pregnant. Reducing unwanted pregnancies & prompting the use of birth control.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:52 pm

Tech advances have also influenced people who are not pregnant. Reducing unwanted pregnancies & prompting the use of birth control.
Huh?
I need a citation of that claim of causation...

When do you think ultrasound started getting used in nearly all pregnancies?
https://www.livescience.com/32071-histo ... sound.html
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:02 pm

Huh?

My favorite is the widespread use of intra-vaginal ultrasound without adequate sterilization of equipment.

HPV-palooza!!!
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:02 pm Huh?
Common sense. Being forced to confront the potential consequences, in graphic detail, humanizes the consequences & encourages the use of birth control, which has become markedly more available, varied & effective.

what matters is now.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:29 pm
Common sense. Being forced to confront the potential consequences, in graphic detail, humanizes the consequences & encourages the use of birth control, which has become markedly more available, varied & effective.

what matters is now.
Nope, the technology has been widely used in nearly all pregnancies since the 60's. The prevalence of birth control, specifically the pill, began early '60's ushering in a cultural sea change. Today it is immensely easier for girls to get birth control. It used to be something almost taboo...I recall my future wife needing to go two towns over from Hanover in the mid 70's to get to a Planned Parenthood clinic as there was no one to go to in Hanover..

Sonograms had nothing to do with with the prevalence of birth control nor the interest in using it. It's a rather ridiculous proposition indicating almost zero comprehension on women's motivations to control their own bodies and course of their lives.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:22 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:02 pm

Huh?

My favorite is the widespread use of intra-vaginal ultrasound without adequate sterilization of equipment.

HPV-palooza!!!
Yup, very gross.
NPR did an episode last week on this topic.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:52 pmTech advances have also influenced people who are not pregnant. Reducing unwanted pregnancies & prompting the use of birth control.
Which the right and anti-abortionists also want to limit and restrict and eliminate. It's incredibly mind-bogglingly stupid.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:38 pm

what matters is now.
Nope, the technology has been widely used in nearly all pregnancies since the 60's. The prevalence of birth control, specifically the pill, began early '60's ushering in a cultural sea change. Today it is immensely easier for girls to get birth control. It used to be something almost taboo...I recall my future wife needing to go two towns over from Hanover in the mid 70's to get to a Planned Parenthood clinic as there was no one to go to in Hanover..

Sonograms had nothing to do with with the prevalence of birth control nor the interest in using it. It's a rather ridiculous proposition indicating almost zero comprehension on women's motivations to control their own bodies and course of their lives.
I really enjoy it when you mansplain womens issues. You're not the only one with a spouse from the '70's.
The 2 factors are independent variables.
Birth control is much more varied & available now than it was when Roe v Wade was decided in 1973.
Ultrasounds are much more available, precise & widely used now than when Roe v Wade was decided.
When did gender reveal parties begin ?
There's more than 1 kind of "pill" now available & since Roe v Wade was decided.
It would have been great to have Plan B back then.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:59 pm

what matters is now.

I really enjoy it when you mansplain womens issues. You're not the only one with a spouse from the '70's.
Birth control is much more varied & available now than it was when Roe v Wade was decided in 1973.
Ultrasounds are much more available, precise & widely used now than when Roe v Wade was decided.
There's more than 1 kind of "pill" now available & since Roe v Wade was decided.
Yes, technology development continues...but what in the heck are you trying to say?

Ultrasounds have zippo to deal with the motivations to use birth control...they are indeed entirely independent. That was my point.

But yeah, phony "crisis clinics" use ultrasounds as a way to discourage abortions from women on the cusp of getting one. (Not women who aren't pregnant). Ton of evidence of this very intentional effort to deceive women into delaying the decision until it's too late.

BTW, do you even know what "mansplain" means? Try asking your wife... ;)
old salt

Post by old salt »

F-22's over Syria. TopGun Maverick part 3.

https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/20 ... harassment
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:30 pm It's been interesting how support for "Israel" in specific has been more recently accepted among parts of the hard-right, who are otherwise pre-disposed to be anti-Semitic. It's traceable to two elements, 1) an Islamaphobic reaction to 9-11 etc and 2) a strain of evangelicalism which believes that End Days require such alignment. It's not based on respect for Judaism or Jews, though we see this alignment with the hard right in Israel as well. Enemy of my enemy, and who cares about authoritarianism, apartheid, etc.
That's a sweeping indictment. There's been significant support for Israel from the right, back to Israel's founding & through the wars of the '60's & '70's, before 9-11, & before evangelicals were driven to the (R) party by the (D)'s increasing secularism & anti-christian dogma.
There is nothing “Christian” about the racism, bigotry, misogyny, and xenophobia of the far-right.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:33 pm BTW, do you even know what "mansplain" means? Try asking your wife... ;)
Maybe I've decided to be a woman today. :mrgreen:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:33 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:59 pm

what matters is now.

Yes, technology development continues...but what in the heck are you trying to say?

Ultrasounds have zippo to deal with the motivations to use birth control...they are indeed entirely independent. That was my point.

But yeah, phony "crisis clinics" use ultrasounds as a way to discourage abortions from women on the cusp of getting one. (Not women who aren't pregnant). Ton of evidence of this very intentional effort to deceive women into delaying the decision until it's too late.

BTW, do you even know what "mansplain" means? Try asking your wife... ;)
I think it means you made him your b**ch
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Re: Russian Thugs Launch Cyberattack Against Johns Hopkins

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:28 am https://wtop.com/baltimore/2023/06/pers ... ware-hack/

DocBarrister
Obviously the institution is weak in STEM
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:18 am grifters JD Vance and Josh Hawley as your standard bearers. :roll:

"popular in their states"... :roll:
Better to be represented by Senators like Feinstein & Fetterman.

Underestimate Vance & Hawley at your peril.
John Fetterman weighs in on the I-95 collapse as only he can. Profound, trenchant, eloquent:

https://twitter.com/claytravis/status/1 ... mfE5ey8-Lw
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:19 am
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:18 am grifters JD Vance and Josh Hawley as your standard bearers. :roll:

"popular in their states"... :roll:
Better to be represented by Senators like Feinstein & Fetterman.

Underestimate Vance & Hawley at your peril.
John Fetterman weighs in on the I-95 collapse as only he can. Profound, trenchant, eloquent:

https://twitter.com/claytravis/status/1 ... mfE5ey8-Lw
I feel bad for Fetterman I really do. The man has some serious issues to deal with. At this point in time he should step aside. When you can't put together a cognitive sentence you become an embarrassment to the people you serve. I'm hoping this video was not doctored in any way. It was just terribly embarrassing to Sen. Fetterman and the people of PA.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Putin gets it....anyone want to purchase some land in Russia? https://www.rareseeds.com/blog/post/put ... o-gmo-free
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:22 pm Putin gets it....anyone want to purchase some land in Russia? https://www.rareseeds.com/blog/post/put ... o-gmo-free
He sure does: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 308338002/
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”