2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: 2020 Elections - Dems vs Trumpublicons

Post by 6ftstick »

ggait wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:16 pm
... Joe is not perfect, but you really don't understand the man. Sure the dems would have the power, but Joe will not run wildly over the republicans. It is not his style. He is well into his 70s, he is not going to change. He will receive a lot of complaints from those in his own party, including me.
This fear from the righties is just so irrational and overblown. We've heard it constantly since Newt/1994 and it just doesn't happen. No matter how many times Hannity says otherwise.

Clinton and Obama were to the right of Nixon. Like how Obama went full Trotskey and used all his political capital to enact...RomneyCare!!! And we will toggle back to divided government soon enough -- we always do. Good thing is that debt/deficits go DOWN when Dems hold the WH. Mostly because they stop cutting our low taxes even lower.

The basic problem in USA politics today is not that one party goes crazy and implementing its extreme agenda. It is that we go years and years without solving major issues. Since the power toggles back and forth, it is always easier to flame the other side and wait for the pendulum to come back your way. So there's no incentive to actually work with the other side. The real problem is that DC does too little, not too much. USA, at this point ultra-polarized point, is close to ungovernable.

FYI, the guy Joe really owes post-election is Jim Clyburn. Not Bernie or AOC.

:roll:
When they tell you to your face sometimes you have to believe them

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=im ... &FORM=VIRE

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=im ... &FORM=VIRE

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=be ... BD4DB428B3
Last edited by 6ftstick on Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Would that option be... If you like your doctor.. eff you...you will take the doctor we give you option?
Nope, not at all...it'll put WAY more Americans into places where they can feel protected by access to healthcare, like the main ACA already has...

By the way, where IS that great, fantastic, wonderful "healthcare plan" the Trumpublicans have been bleating about for years now?? Never did see SQUADOOSH on that, now did we? One side is at least TRYING to address this major issue...with absolutely NO help whatsoever by the "other" party...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:44 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:24 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:21 pmAnd nope, i don't think Biden will lift a finger to fix these things, either.
A bit unfair...no?

Obama "lifted a finger" with the ACA and a few other things and Mitch "Make Him A One Term President BY Denying Him any Legislative Success" McConnell saw to it that the tyranny of the minority prevailed. He blew up the "elections have consequences" canard the frothy rigntwingnuts want to constantly bring up now.

There is little doubt in my mind that given the chance, there will AT LEAST be a public option put on the table by a new administration...something the nation evidently would like to see...emphasis on "option"...

Would that option be... If you like your doctor.. eff you...you will take the doctor we give you option?
There will be a public “option” until employers Get fed up of providing a private option.

Then employers will overprice those and force everyone to the public turd option.

Goodbye dr choice and open access.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:48 pm
Nope, not at all...it'll put WAY more Americans into places where they can feel protected by access to healthcare, like the main ACA already has...

By the way, where IS that great, fantastic, wonderful "healthcare plan" the Trumpublicans have been bleating about for years now?? Never did see SQUADOOSH on that, now did we? One side is at least TRYING to address this major issue...with absolutely NO help whatsoever by the "other" party...

Didn't Romney already lay the groundwork for the Democrat health care plans? The last I checked he was the other party. :mrgreen:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:50 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:21 pmAnd nope, i don't think Biden will lift a finger to fix these things, either.
A bit unfair...no?

Obama "lifted a finger" with the ACA and a few other things and Mitch "Make Him A One Term President BY Denying Him any Legislative Success" McConnell saw to it that the tyranny of the minority prevailed. He blew up the "elections have consequences" canard the frothy rigntwingnuts want to constantly bring up now.

There is little doubt in my mind that given the chance, there will AT LEAST be a public option put on the table by a new administration...something the nation evidently would like to see...emphasis on "option"...

There will be a public “option” until employers Get fed up of providing a private option.

Then employers will overprice those and force everyone to the public turd option.

We had a wonderful healthcare option when I was in the army. It was all free and I'm not sure some of the army sawbones knew which end of the stethoscope went where. It was free though I'm glad I never had to have a prostate exam by any army doc. :o
Did I mention it was totally free healthcare?
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

A bit unfair...no?

You couldn’t trust a single word out of Obama’s mouth.
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:52 pm

Didn't Romney already lay the groundwork for the Democrat health care plans? The last I checked he was the other party. :mrgreen:
Yes, and you saw how Turkey Wattle and his Band of republiCON Knuckedraggers in the Senate reacted to that tidbit of news, right?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:00 pm
A bit unfair...no?

You could trust him until his lips started moving. Same as any politician. I think that was a Will Rogers line?
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:50 pmThere will be a public “option” until employers Get fed up of providing a private option. Then employers will overprice those and force everyone to the public turd option. Goodbye dr choice and open access.
Still waiting for the repubic party ideas on this. NEVER. A. PEEP. outta them (or their supporters) other than "we wiked it duh way it wuzz". Thanks for nuttin', Elmer Fudd... :roll:

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:10 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:52 pm

Yes, and you saw how Turkey Wattle and his Band of republiCON Knuckedraggers in the Senate reacted to that tidbit of news, right?

I never recovered from the shock upon hearing a bunch of FLP folks took a suggestion about healthcare from a republican. :o
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:11 pm
A bit unfair...no?

You could trust him until his lips started moving. Same as any politician. I think that was a Will Rogers line?
Yep he lied all the time.
“I wish you would!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

More polls:

Quinnipiac, Likely voters

Florida

Biden 51%
Trump 40%

Pennsylvania

Biden 54%
Trump 41%

Iowa

Biden 50%
Trump 45%

also Iowa

Greenfield 50%
Ernst 45%

This is not good news for the Rs from a pretty good pollster...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:13 pm
A bit unfair...no?

According to Will Rogers..only when his lips moved.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:17 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:13 pm
A bit unfair...no?

According to Will Rogers..only when his lips moved.
Yep.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:58 pm
A bit unfair...no?

We had a wonderful healthcare option when I was in the army. It was all free and I'm not sure some of the army sawbones knew which end of the stethoscope went where. It was free though I'm glad I never had to have a prostate exam by any army doc. :o
Did I mention it was totally free healthcare?

'People are saying' The Air Force 'hands' out free prostate exams whether you want them or not...

(everyone makes fun of 'The Chair Force')

:lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:14 pm More polls:

Quinnipiac, Likely voters

Florida

Biden 51%
Trump 40%

Pennsylvania

Biden 54%
Trump 41%

Iowa

Biden 50%
Trump 45%

also Iowa

Greenfield 50%
Ernst 45%

This is not good news for the Rs from a pretty good pollster...
Charlie Cook (Cook Report) just put SC Senate on his toss up list.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
njbill

Post by njbill »

I guess the proof of life video tapings didn't go too well last night. Maybe Trump had to wear an oxygen mask.

Wonder if we will get a video today?
Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:42 pm I guess the proof of life video tapings didn't go too well last night. Maybe Trump had to wear an oxygen mask.

Wonder if we will get a video today?
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

In 2016 Hillary was never ever showing projections like these.
Actually she did. Several times.

The big diff between 2016 and 2020 (so far) is how stable it has been. In 2016, Hillary was up big -- at times; basically tied -- at other times. And at the end, Trump had a 28.6% chance -- under dog but not a crazy one.

2016 Hillary win probability per 538:

6/8 66.4%
7/1 78%
7/29 52.8%
8/14 89.2%
9/26 54.8%
10/17 88.1% (after Access Hollywood)
11/5 64.7% (10/27 was Comey/Weiner laptop)
11/8 71.4%

2020 Joe win probability:

6/1 70%
6/27 79%
8/1 71%
8/31 67%
9/10 75%
9/20 77%
10/1 80%
10/7 84%

Biden's been at a 70% or better win probability pretty much every single day for 4-5 months. Nothing has yet changed it in Trump's favor on a net basis.

Trump declines a bit with each bad news cycle -- tell all book #1/#2/#3/#4, NY times tax expose, wacko debate performance, Covid diagnosis -- and then he comes back a bit. But hasn't yet cut into Joe's lead. So what's going to move the needle in Trump's favor in the next four weeks? Primaries over, VPs named, conventions over, one debate over.

As compared to 2016, there's fewer undecideds and no action with third party candidates.

Joe's chances will keep going up with every day that passes without Trump closing the gap. An eight point lead in basketball is smaller with 10 minutes left and bigger with one minute left.
Last edited by ggait on Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:21 pm
In 2016 Hillary was never ever showing projections like these.
Actually she did. Several times.

The big diff between 2016 and 2020 (so far) is how stable it has been. In 2016, Hillary was up big -- at times; basically tied -- at other times. And at the end, Trump had a 28.6% chance -- under dog but not a crazy one.

2016 Hillary win probability per 538:

6/8 66.4%
7/1 78%
7/29 52.8%
8/14 89.2%
9/26 54.8%
10/17 88.1% (after Access Hollywood)
11/5 64.7% (10/27 was Comey/Weiner laptop)
11/8 71.4%

2020 Joe win probability:

6/1 70%
6/27 79%
8/1 71%
8/31 67%
9/10 75%
9/20 77%
10/1 80%
10/7 84%

Biden's been at a 70% or better win probability pretty much every single day for 4-5 months. Nothing has yet changed it in Trump's favor on a net basis.

Trump declines a bit with each bad news cycle -- tell all book #1/#2/#3/#4, NY times tax expose, wacko debate performance, Covid diagnosis -- and then he comes back a bit. But hasn't yet cut into Joe's lead. So what's going to move the needle in Trump's favor in the next four weeks? Primaries over, VPs named, one debate over.

As compared to 2016, there's fewer undecideds and no action with third party candidates.

Joe's chances will keep going up with every day that passes without Trump catching up.

Please start measuring the drapes.

https://www.thesportsgeek.com/blog/poll ... g-markets/

Also, why not put some cold cash on Joe? If the pollsters haven’t gone completely off the rails, it’s an ideal time to capitalize on the market discrepancies by betting on Joe Biden. How often do you have the experts giving a competitor a 70-90% likelihood of winning, while the betting odds’ implied probability is closer to 50%?!

What do people who bet money know anyway! I'd bet the arbitrage because the pollsters clearly have it down pat.

:lol: :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”