Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:29 am ^ as your link shows Feds have only 11 days off

you may also see this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_h ... ted_States
... wait a minute, don't tell me, Goebbels has another fact free post. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:13 pm How about Whitney Houston? Are you against a federal holiday for Whitney??!?

Careful. Cancel culture is real.

Don't worry - in these right wing politically correct times, we will likely have a national holiday for right wing hero Benedict Arnold real soon.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:56 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:13 pm How about Whitney Houston? Are you against a federal holiday for Whitney??!?

Don't worry - in these right wing politically correct times, we will likely have a national holiday for right wing hero Benedict Arnold real soon.

Shirley Chisholm deserves a federal holiday.... I mean, first black woman elected to congress (tell me that isn’t holiday worthy).

(Btw, is there a cap on federal holidays before it becomes more farcical? Just want to know if there are limits to the numbers! Is it 365?! Thanks, The Management)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:00 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:56 pm

Shirley Chisholm deserves a federal holiday.... I mean, first black woman elected to congress (tell me that isn’t holiday worthy).

(Btw, is there a cap on federal holidays before it becomes more farcical? Just want to know if there are limits to the numbers! Is it 365?! Thanks, The Management)

You should have honored your hero Benedict this past Monday:

June 14 ~ Benedict Arnold Day.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The real tragedy, is the Native Americans have no Holiday.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:07 pm The real tragedy, is the Native Americans have no Holiday.
Thanksgiving

“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:07 pm The real tragedy, is the Native Americans have no Holiday.

I feel that all 365 days should be paid holidays for federal and state ‘workers’. I mean why should they have to work at all? It doesn’t seem fair.

We need holidays in honor of every aggrieved person, known incident, and class. Chinese Americans, Japanese Americans, gay Americans, trans Americans, native Indians, Georgia Floyd, Satchel Paige, Buckwheat from the Little Rascals, Renee Ritchards of tennis, heck Naomi Osaka of tennis, etc. The list goes on forever. Stonewall!

The point is, work is worthless but holidays are exquisite. Work provides nothing good. We simply should steal all earned wealth and pay our bureaucrats. Holidays every day!!!!

While I’m at it, families are dumb too. Let’s outlaw marriage for heterosexual people, and allow it only for gays. Let’s right all wrongs.

Vote Democratic.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:06 pm
Thanksgiving

Interesting anecdote to the cartoon.

My youngest son attends one of those known liberal leaning colleges. we were chatting recently about recycling and I was floored when he told me.."yea Dad, you were right all those years...this year in one of my classes we were being taught that recycling is really a just a big waste of money and fuel....there to just mainly make us feel good". I gave him a hug and told him I'd pay for one more year. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:29 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:06 pm
Thanksgiving

Interesting anecdote to the cartoon.

My youngest son attends one of those known liberal leaning colleges. we were chatting recently about recycling and I was floored when he told me.."yea Dad, you were right all those years...this year in one of my classes we were being taught that recycling is really a just a big waste of money and fuel....there to just mainly make us feel good". I gave him a hug and told him I'd pay for one more year. :lol:
Chip off the old block? Might want to re-think that extra year unless he learns some critical thinking. Some items are more "recyclable" than others, i.e. aluminum. Some items like the majority of plastics, should not be manufactured as they do not decompose -- passive recycling.

"Recycling continuously
Aluminum is one of the most recycled -- and most recyclable -- materials on the market today. Nearly 75 percent of all aluminum produced in the U.S. is still in use today. Aluminum can be recycled directly back into itself over and over again in a true closed loop.

Recycling is economical
The economics of aluminum also contributes to its position as one of the most-recycled metals in the U.S. Unlike many other materials, aluminum more than pays for its own recycling in the consumer and industrial waste stream. The reason: demand for aluminum continues to skyrocket and recycling aluminum saves more than 90 percent of the energy required versus producing new metal."

https://www.aluminum.org/industries/pro ... /recycling

Ever wonder why an increasing number of beverages are packed in aluminum?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.epa.gov/smm/recycling-econo ... rei-report

The 2020 REI Report includes updated information about the number of recycling jobs, wages and tax revenue. The report shows that recycling and reuse of materials creates jobs, while also generating local and state tax revenues. In 2012, recycling and reuse activities in the United States accounted for:

681,000 jobs
$37.8 billion in wages; and
$5.5 billion in tax revenues
This equates to 1.17 jobs for every 1,000 tons of materials recycled. The ferrous metals industry provides the largest contribution to all three categories (job, wage, and tax revenue), followed by construction and demolition (C&D) and non-ferrous metals such as aluminum.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Like most subjects, the information is easily accessible but for the mental sloth of the ignorant.

"Key Findings of the 2020 REI Report
The 2020 REI Report includes updated information about the number of recycling jobs, wages and tax revenue. The report shows that recycling and reuse of materials creates jobs, while also generating local and state tax revenues. In 2012, recycling and reuse activities in the United States accounted for:

681,000 jobs
This equates to 1.17 jobs for every 1,000 tons of materials recycled. The ferrous metals industry provides the largest contribution to all three categories (job, wage, and tax revenue), followed by construction and demolition (C&D) and non-ferrous metals such as aluminum."
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:26 pm
Like most subjects, the information is easily accessible but for the mental sloth of the ignorant.

681,000 jobs
This equates to 1.17 jobs for every 1,000 tons of materials recycled. The ferrous metals industry provides the largest contribution to all three categories (job, wage, and tax revenue), followed by construction and demolition (C&D) and non-ferrous metals such as aluminum."
Yep…. I can’t believe Recycling Is a Fraud has been added to a school district’s curriculum.
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:30 pm

681,000 jobs
Yep…. I can’t believe Recycling Is a Fraud has been added to a school district’s curriculum.
Maybe just offered at Dumb^ss University.
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:33 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:30 pm

681,000 jobs
Maybe just offered at Dumb^ss University.
I thought Trump University folded?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Nice to see the same guy talking to himself on a forum.....and they say I have issues 😂😂

Additionally, nice to see you all could care less about the environment and only cash, jobs, and taxes....eff the earth right?,right!

Recycling is fine for natural resources like aluminum, copper, metals. Was speaking of the household crapola of paper and plastics and glass....so much so, that many places are now saying just put it into the regular trash. But of course your quick google search shows you know better. 🥱
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:16 pm Nice to see the same guy talking to himself on a forum.....and they say I have issues 😂😂

Additionally, nice to see you all could care less about the environment and only cash, jobs, and taxes....eff the earth right?,right!

Recycling is fine for natural resources like aluminum, copper, metals. Was speaking of the household crapola of paper and plastics and glass....so much so, that many places are now saying just put it into the regular trash. But of course your quick google search shows you know better. 🥱
You may want to simply start with #5.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/envi ... gedin=true
CU88

Post by CU88 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:26 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:16 pm Nice to see the same guy talking to himself on a forum.....and they say I have issues 😂😂

Great article. My city does single stream recycling and I notice that most houses on my block now use a larger bin for the weekly recycling pickup, as compared to a smaller bin for household trash. We also now shop smarter to buy products with less plastic.

Personal choice and an educated consumer can make a difference, but it is up to the individual.. Those that think it makes no difference will continue to damage The Commons...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:03 pm

Great article. My city does single stream recycling and I notice that most houses on my block now use a larger bin for the weekly recycling pickup, as compared to a smaller bin for household trash. We also now shop smarter to buy products with less plastic.

Personal choice and an educated consumer can make a difference, but it is up to the individual.. Those that think it makes no difference will continue to damage The Commons...
Hey...even I can post links....
Silly National Geographic...https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/16/busi ... costs.html

As Costs Skyrocket, More U.S. Cities Stop Recycling
With China no longer accepting used plastic and paper, communities are facing steep collection bills, forcing them to end their programs or burn or bury more waste.

WRT to Single Stream.....My point exactly, you feel better, but it is not better.
In a Resource Recycling article, Daniel Lantz concludes that the proposed benefits of single-stream systems over dual-stream do not outweigh their costs:

In summary, with increased processing costs and lost revenues in total far exceeding collection savings in most instances (and zero under alternating-week collection), overall single-stream recycling does not show the cost advantage that was originally anticipated. As well, the expected increases in capture rate are also not apparent. Overall, dual-stream recycling still appears to be more advantageous.1
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:21 pm

Silly National Geographic...https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/16/busi ... costs.html

With China no longer accepting used plastic and paper, communities are facing steep collection bills, forcing them to end their programs or burn or bury more waste.

WRT to Single Stream.....My point exactly, you feel better, but it is not better.
In a Resource Recycling article, Daniel Lantz concludes that the proposed benefits of single-stream systems over dual-stream do not outweigh their costs:

In summary, with increased processing costs and lost revenues in total far exceeding collection savings in most instances (and zero under alternating-week collection), overall single-stream recycling does not show the cost advantage that was originally anticipated. As well, the expected increases in capture rate are also not apparent. Overall, dual-stream recycling still appears to be more advantageous.1
Yes, dual stream appears to be smarter, more efficient than single stream.

The issue for cities is that what they get paid for recyclable material in plastics and paper doesn't cover their costs of collection, so they sometimes end up polluting due to budget constraints. That's because we don't apply the cost to the common good of pollution, trash, etc. But there is an unassigned cost nevertheless.

And we don't federalize the rules.

In China, there are four streams for your garbage.
Required. As in, not optional.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:21 pm

China stopped taking our crap or it has to be much cleaner before they take it. It’s gotten more expensive for us. I have worked several waste company deals over the past 3 years…. Just worked on one last week. Recycling is stupid…. It’s like Hillary tripping and falling😂😂

https://e360.yale.edu/features/piling-u ... -recycling
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”