Conservative Ideology 2024: NOTHING BUT LIES AND FEARMONGERING

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Conservative Ideology Off the Rails

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Seditionist Cleta Mitchell talking strategy to keep things white and old:

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status ... 0987601926
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:30 pm Seditionist Cleta Mitchell talking strategy to keep things white and old:

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status ... 0987601926
Can’t have Wake County going “woke,” now can we?

Eliminate 45 day early voting in Virginia because it is too difficult to observe the polling place for that period? For what? Where is this mythic unicorn of widespread voting fraud?

These people are childlike in their magical thinking.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Oh my; just listened to the whole thing.

These a-holes are literally out of their minds.
It's not an act.
They will do absolutely anything.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:43 pm

It's not an act.
Literally I’m afraid. They think they are in a war.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:49 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:43 pm

It's not an act.
Literally I’m afraid. They think they are in a war.
Yes, I don't want to be an alarmist, but their rhetoric is indeed way, way out there...and these are elected representatives...and a whole lot of them!

And others just like them are demonstrating their willingness all over the country to take actions that they know is not what the majority of their fellow citizens, heck, even their fellow Republicans, would countenance.

They DO know that they shouldn't say this stuff in a public venue, which means they know it's wrong...but they don't care about it being wrong, they think anything and everything goes...in war..."for the republic"...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

maybe...I didn't see any evidence in those articles that showed actual hostility to the specific artwork. If there'd been an argument about it and Brooks had commented negatively about the artwork's message, ok...but I don't see that, just the protestor inferences.

Arguably a tone deaf decision, unilaterally made without full authority, but was it actually hostile to the artwork? Maybe, maybe not. Might have just been tone deaf...

Hopefully they'll find a way to preserve the artwork in full, yet achieve their expansion objectives. Ought to be possible.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:16 pm
maybe...I didn't see any evidence in those articles that showed actual hostility to the specific artwork. If there'd been an argument about it and Brooks had commented negatively about the artwork's message, ok...but I don't see that, just the protestor inferences.

Arguably a tone deaf decision, unilaterally made without full authority, but was it actually hostile to the artwork? Maybe, maybe not. Might have just been tone deaf...

Hopefully they'll find a way to preserve the artwork in full, yet achieve their expansion objectives. Ought to be possible.
As I understand it, removal is not necessary. And the nature of the installation would require damaging it/destroying it to remove.
DocBarrister

Shocking News: Jack Teixeira is a Racist and Gun Nut

Post by DocBarrister »

So, the traitorous Jack Teixeira is a racist and gun nut. How shocking. :?

WASHINGTON — Jack Teixeira, the Massachusetts Air National Guardsman accused of posting classified documents online, repeatedly tried to obstruct federal investigators and has a “troubling” history of making racist and violent remarks, Justice Department lawyers said in a court filing late Wednesday.

In an 18-page memo, released before a detention hearing scheduled for Thursday in a Massachusetts federal court, the department’s lawyers argued that Airman Teixeira needed to be detained indefinitely because he posed a “serious flight risk” and might still have information that would be of “tremendous value to hostile nation states.”

Airman Teixeira tapped into vast reservoirs of sensitive information, an amount that “far exceeds what has been publicly disclosed” so far, they wrote.

Prosecutors pointedly questioned Airman Teixeira’s overall state of mind, disclosing that he was suspended from high school in 2018 for alarming comments about the use of Molotov cocktails and other weapons, and trawled the internet for information about mass shootings. He engaged in “regular discussions about violence and murder” on the same social media platform, Discord, that he used to post classified information, the filing said, and he surrounded his bed at his parents’ house with firearms and tactical gear.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/27/us/p ... leaks.html

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

Oh yeah, our DoD classified documents system is freaking flawless. Makes total sense that a 21 year old kid has access to the highest level of battlefield reports coming out of Ukraine sitting in a chair in Massachusetts.

Don’t change a thing. I was an idiot for thinking this system is anything but perfect.

Can I save a few billion in tax dollars and just have them post all this stuff on Reddit under the heading “US secret stuff “ and take the tax break?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan

Post by a fan »

As a result of all this turmoil, reports NBC News, an estimated 40 percent of the high school's staff will not be returning next year.

That's ok. At least they won't teach about slavery, so really, they're all set.

Can't wait to see what working class "Conservatives" plans are when no one want to babysit or teach their kids.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Santos in custody. A 13 count indictment including wire fraud and money laundering.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:37 am Santos in custody. A 13 count indictment including wire fraud and money laundering.
Just read the charges.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/10/politics ... index.html

Damning. Jail time and forfeiture of assets.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:36 pm
As a result of all this turmoil, reports NBC News, an estimated 40 percent of the high school's staff will not be returning next year.

That's ok. At least they won't teach about slavery, so really, they're all set.

Can't wait to see what working class "Conservatives" plans are when no one want to babysit or teach their kids.
If they live in Iowa or similar “work first” states, little Johnny and Sally get to work, in on the ground floor, so to speak. Grist for the vulture capitalist mill.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”